shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Thanks both. I have turned into full on crazy lady and have tested approx 10 times today. The only ones that showed the lines are the morning ones. I am using internet cheapie ones that (apparently- after googling) have a tendency to show up evaporation lines.

I am going to buy a proper test tomorrow. My aim is to try to steal myself and wait for day AF is due, but I (of course) know this won t happen. Jeez. This whole process is such an emotional roller coaster. Mentally, I have decided I am pregnant, which means I ll be v disappointed this month if AF arrives.

How are you feeling Asscher? Looking forward to the holiday?

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

Mousey, I can completely relate. I've had some positive signs, though no hint of a BFP, and it got in my head that maybe I AM preg. I want so badly for this to be it that I know it will really sting if AF shows. I hope you are right and this is your month! Best of luck keeping your sanity until you know for sure - we're happy to listen to any venting/obsessing you need to do. :))

AFM, 10dpo and still BFN. My temps are taunting me, with maaaaybe a triphasic pattern but not sure. The increased HR thing is still there, too, though it has leveled off. What do you ladies think? To me it looks like it overshot on each rise before falling back some, but I still see two rises. Wishful thinking?
maybe_biphasic.png

mousey

Shiny_Rock

I don t really understand charting yet - that's next months goal. Just wanted to say - we can wishful think together and I ve got my fingers crossed for you as well!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm fine, thanks for asking, CD3. I won't let myself get caught up like that again, no way. Well, I'll try not to at least, I know how crazy the brain can get once that egg pops. I'm due for my next AF halfway through vacation (lucky me) but I'm only packing one test and I'm determined not to use it unless I'm late. So far this month it's 3x a day of vitex, fertile CM, and royal jelly, 1x prenatal, fish oil, and aspirin. If I think I need it come CD12 I'll use the mucinex. That's about it for now. The only bummer is that my two most fertile days for this month will land on my 14 hour workdays, not so fun!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

AHL, sorry it's CD 3 for you. Hopefully, the vacation will be just the magic you need for a BFP. Sounds like you are taking everything to help and I have done similar - the only other thing I took was COQ10 for egg quality, but that takes 60-90 days to take effect. Good luck. If you only bring one test and you do get a BFP, how will you check the line progression like a crazy person (like me!!)??? Thinking of you.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

JGator|1426435632|3847549 said:
AHL, sorry it's CD 3 for you. Hopefully, the vacation will be just the magic you need for a BFP. Sounds like you are taking everything to help and I have done similar - the only other thing I took was COQ10 for egg quality, but that takes 60-90 days to take effect. Good luck. If you only bring one test and you do get a BFP, how will you check the line progression like a crazy person (like me!!)??? Thinking of you.

Thanks Jgator! Egg quality "shouldn't" be much of an issue since I'm 29 but if this turns out to be another bust I'll add it next month. Any particular suggestions on that? Thanks!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Agree - you don't need COQ10 if you are 29 - well hopefully not. I was taking a Costco branded one 2X/day. I think with your timing and temping, you should probably give it another couple months and then maybe get some preliminary CD3 bloodwork tests done on you and a SA on your DH. It just seems like with your young age and optimal timing, it should have worked by now. But, maybe this will be your month!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ladyciel and mousey, hope your symptom spotting leads to good things.

Asscherhalo_lover, hope you get lots of r&r in the cruise to ease ttc stress.

AFM, 6DPO and nary a symptom in sight :bigsmile: . I've been reading about exercise during ttc and found a study that says women with normal BMI should ease up on working out as intense exercise interferes with ttc. Now, not sure if my workouts meet the "intense" threshold of the study, but I do try to exercise at least 5 days a week. I do interval training, spinning, kickboxing, running and walk on easy days. It's great stress relief for me. Otherwise, I'd eat the stress away. the thought of skipping workouts is depressing.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

JGator|1426512780|3847976 said:
Agree - you don't need COQ10 if you are 29 - well hopefully not. I was taking a Costco branded one 2X/day. I think with your timing and temping, you should probably give it another couple months and then maybe get some preliminary CD3 bloodwork tests done on you and a SA on your DH. It just seems like with your young age and optimal timing, it should have worked by now. But, maybe this will be your month!

Thanks Jgator, we're giving it until June and then I'm calling my doc. 4 more tries!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

13DPO here. I've had sore boobs the last 2-3 days, cramps off and on, and spotting, which was heavier this morning but seems to have tapered some. Tummy was a bit weird for a while this morning an hour or two after breakfast/coffee. Still BFN, and I suspect everything is really just PMS and AF is around the corner. Hitting this next cycle is going to be tricky, because we're pretty sure DH will have to be out of town for work. I told him if I have to I will get in the car and drive the 4 hours to see him (and stay at his hotel for at least a night). He thinks I'm nuts.

If by some miracle I'm actually KU, baby would be due on Thanksgiving, the same week I turn 34. I hadn't done the math, really, to realize how quickly 35, with all of its scary stats, is sneaking up. Realizing it today was a real gut punch. :blackeye: ;(

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ladyciel|1426712871|3849253 said:
13DPO here. I've had sore boobs the last 2-3 days, cramps off and on, and spotting, which was heavier this morning but seems to have tapered some. Tummy was a bit weird for a while this morning an hour or two after breakfast/coffee. Still BFN, and I suspect everything is really just PMS and AF is around the corner. Hitting this next cycle is going to be tricky, because we're pretty sure DH will have to be out of town for work. I told him if I have to I will get in the car and drive the 4 hours to see him (and stay at his hotel for at least a night). He thinks I'm nuts.

If by some miracle I'm actually KU, baby would be due on Thanksgiving, the same week I turn 34. I hadn't done the math, really, to realize how quickly 35, with all of its scary stats, is sneaking up. Realizing it today was a real gut punch. :blackeye: ;(

Hugs LadyC.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks, AHL. CD1 today. No Thanksigiving/birthday baby for me. Guess it's time to work on Christmas/New Years.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ladyciel|1426779121|3849566 said:
Thanks, AHL. CD1 today. No Thanksigiving/birthday baby for me. Guess it's time to work on Christmas/New Years.

It would have been about the same for me, my bday is the 27th of Nov.

mousey

Shiny_Rock

Hugs LadyC. I have done 'proper' pregnancy test and BFN. I am also pretty certain AF is around the corner (23rd). Hubby went for the sperm test this week, so will know the result of that in a few weeks. I

Also 33, but about 6 mths older than you. If it helps, I read this article a while ago and it helped me a little.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24128176

Gah to this whole process. I know I shouldn't say that (esp since I ve only started), but Gah anyway.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh well, looks like none of us will end up with November babies. My temp took a nosedive this morning which is odd as it's only CD24 for me but this cycle has been odd from the beginning. I'm kinda on the fence about trying for a Dec baby. Everyone I know born in Dec always complains about their birthday being too close to the holidays.

BTW, my OB says 37 is the age when you really need to start thinking about interventions. 35 is still good.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Best wishes to you all! It's a frustrating process when it doesn't happen immediately. As someone who struggled with infertility, here are my thoughts on the matter. Chances are you won't have issues, so I think you definitely need to give it at least 3-4 months where you know you had a good timing and were able to pinpoint ovulation. If it hasn't happened after 6 months of good timing, I'd at least think about consulting your OB about getting some bloodwork done. I was 30 when I started trying for my first and 33 when I started trying for my second, so it's not always about age. The first time around, DH and I both pretty much checked out normal, so we were unexplained. Second time around, my FSH was a bit higher than it should be for someone my age and my AMH was a bit lower, but we still don't know for sure why I had difficulty getting pregnant. Hoping all of you get your BFPs soon and don't even have to worry about it!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So for us the first three cycles we hit 0-3 and 0-2. It took awhile to know that I don't ovulate right away after a positive OPK. Those would go positive on CD13 and I didn't ovulate until CD15. It's only the last two cycles that we have hit 0-3 0-1 and 0. Last cycle was 0-2 and 0. Would you count the first 3 as "good" timing or not really? If not really then we've only had 2 good chance cycles so far. Now after 5 months straight I know I ovulate on CD15 and this month we are aiming for O, O-1, and O-3. That's when I get the "high" score on FF.

Also, do you think it's better to hit O and O-1 or O-1 and O-2? We can only really go 2 in a row without a one day break so any advice as to which two would be appreciated. Thanks! I'll date any baby bday I can get!

mousey

Shiny_Rock

Thanks! CD1, so off to get self some nice white wine.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Asscherhalo_lover, I hope what I said didn't stress you out! I was just generally giving a guideline as to when I personally would consider seeing a doctor. Technically, I think the guideline you usually hear is if you are under 35 and have been having unprotected sex for a year. But in my opinion, if you are actively trying and timing things, it should happen after 3-4 cycles, and I'd just want to make sure everything was okay after around 6 cycles of actively trying (even if you are under 35). That's not to say it won't happen to you after 6,8,10 months of trying. When I started trying, I wanted it to happen yesterday, so I was very anxious to find out whether something was preventing it from happening after I knew we had about 6 months of decent timing, and I just had a gut instinct something might not be quite right. But other people are more patient and would prefer to avoid medical intervention, so it's just depends on your personality/timetable.

I completely understand how it can be too much to BD more than two days in a row, especially after the newness of TTC wears off. I would say if you can aim for getting 2-3 times in between O-2 and 0+1, you are doing a great job covering your bases. A lot of people say trying every other day throughout that period or O-3 to 0+1 works better than everyday. You can try mixing it up and see what happens. Good luck to you! I really hope it happens soon for you!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover said:
So for us the first three cycles we hit 0-3 and 0-2. It took awhile to know that I don't ovulate right away after a positive OPK. Those would go positive on CD13 and I didn't ovulate until CD15. It's only the last two cycles that we have hit 0-3 0-1 and 0. Last cycle was 0-2 and 0. Would you count the first 3 as "good" timing or not really? If not really then we've only had 2 good chance cycles so far. Now after 5 months straight I know I ovulate on CD15 and this month we are aiming for O, O-1, and O-3. That's when I get the "high" score on FF. Also, do you think it's better to hit O and O-1 or O-1 and O-2? We can only really go 2 in a row without a one day break so any advice as to which two would be appreciated. Thanks! I'll date any baby bday I can get!
I'd try to include whichever pattern hits O-2. Fertility friend did a study and O-2 was deemed the best timing.

ETA- Tucker is an O-2 baby.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

I saw my doc just before we started trying in Jan, and she recommended we try for 6 months, not a full year, before going back to see her. She was taking into account that I already clearly understood my cycle and fertility window, could identify ov, etc, so it would be 6 months of what should be relatively good odds. She said it was of course best to first give it a shot on our own, but realistically it is smart not to waste time before checking for issues if the evidence suggests the possibility that we need help.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for all the info ladies. We're still going to give it until June on our own. I have more flexibility in my summer schedule for appointments and whatnot since I'm a teacher (I work summers but no afterschool) so that would be best if I needed testing done. Good luck to all on this next cycle!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just ordered a new thermometer from amazon. It looks much more advanced than my cheap drugstore one. This one is giving me flat temps again.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yep, that's the one I got. The reviews are good and the backlit display is something my current thermometer doesn't have.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock

So weird about the flat temps, BabyM. Hopefully the new thermometer proves more accurate (or maybe just confirms your temps are THAT stable).

CD5 here, so not much happening. First two days of AF were rough - I'm always super emotional/exhausted those days, which makes the BFN sting much worse than I think it might otherwise. Felt SO much more level-headed/normal by CD 3. Interestingly, I think my resting heart rate oddity this cycle must be tied to progesterone. It stayed high my whole LP and just finally came down today, the same morning my temp finally dropped significantly. This is the first time it's happened (since I got the fitbit to be able to tell), but it's also the first cycle w/ me taking Vit C and Vit B complex. I can't say for sure they've increased my progesterone levels (no blood tests), but I think it's some interesting observational data supporting the possibility.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Unless the one you received is a dud I would trust it. Have you had your DH test it out?

CD11 here, I've just come down with a sinus infection so now I'm on amoxicillin for 10 days, just in time for ovulation. I have no idea if it'll have any effect but it's annoying. I've had EWCM for the last 2 days but I've read the antibiotics may dry it up. I'm using mucinex anyway since I'm congested so it's all a wash. Let's see what happens!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm supposed to receive eudemon one asap (love amazon prime) so I'll use both for few days to test.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

So TTC 6+ months is kind of dead so I figured I'd post over here. We took a break for about 2-3 months and decided we wanted to try again sans fertility interventions (no iuis, no stupid medication that makes me gain 50 lbs, etc.). Just working out to lose some weight and taking some natural herbs that I have read help with endometriosis (raspberry leaf, things like that). CD11 so we'll see I guess *shrugs*

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

random_thought|1427302755|3852295 said:
So TTC 6+ months is kind of dead so I figured I'd post over here. We took a break for about 2-3 months and decided we wanted to try again sans fertility interventions (no iuis, no stupid medication that makes me gain 50 lbs, etc.). Just working out to lose some weight and taking some natural herbs that I have read help with endometriosis (raspberry leaf, things like that). CD11 so we'll see I guess *shrugs*

Hi RT! This is my 6th month TTC but I haven't had any testing done yet and don't plan to until summer if nothing happens. This cycle I'm doing vitex, fertile cm, royal jelly, and mucinex. I ovulate and timing has been good but nothing yet. I'm currently CD 13 so we're pretty close!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results