carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2008 12:26:00 PM
Author: mela lu
Oh Dreamer, keep talking girl - you are so rational and logical and exactly what I need to hear. I''m still nausious. 3rd day. weird. This cycle has not been text book for me, so maybe you''re right and my body just has not returned back to normal yet. Le sigh. I really really really liked the April 24th EDD that this cycle would have given me. It would have been a Taurus like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh life. You just cannot plan it.

Alas, it ain''t over till the fat F''n lady sings. Thanks for your input DD. Much appreciated!
That''s my birthday! Could still happen, don''t give up hope... I just didn''t want you getting too bent out of shape if this cycle turns out to be super wonky, that just doesn''t mean anything about future months is all!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS LISA!!! Lots of sticky thoughts headed your way from the twins and me.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Lisa, your bambini will be so lucky to share April birthdays. Think of all the glorious three-stone ring possibilities.... Call me a purist, but I want diamonds, and only diamonds, at all times!
11.gif

Be sticky, little babies (Lisa and Blen), stick with all your teeny tiny blastocystical might!

I hope this cycle is IT for you, Mela lu!! Ahhh, there''s nothing like weepy romances in our hormone-addled state. "Pride and Prejudice" is my drug of choice...(both BBC and the newish one).

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2008 3:56:15 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

Date: 8/1/2008 12:26:00 PM
Author: mela lu
Oh Dreamer, keep talking girl - you are so rational and logical and exactly what I need to hear. I''m still nausious. 3rd day. weird. This cycle has not been text book for me, so maybe you''re right and my body just has not returned back to normal yet. Le sigh. I really really really liked the April 24th EDD that this cycle would have given me. It would have been a Taurus like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh life. You just cannot plan it.

Alas, it ain''t over till the fat F''n lady sings. Thanks for your input DD. Much appreciated!
That''s my birthday! Could still happen, don''t give up hope... I just didn''t want you getting too bent out of shape if this cycle turns out to be super wonky, that just doesn''t mean anything about future months is all!
So true.

*Le sigh to end all les sighs.*

E B

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Lisa! That''s fabulous news!
36.gif
Stick baby, stick!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Lisa!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
I didn''t even think about us having diamond babies, but that''s awesome!

BB - I''ve got my fingers crossed for you.

And thanks, everyone.
35.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2008 9:31:21 PM
Author: Blenheim
Congrats Lisa!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
I didn''t even think about us having diamond babies, but that''s awesome!

BB - I''ve got my fingers crossed for you.

And thanks, everyone.
35.gif

Blen! I missed your BFP the first time around! Congrats to you too girl! I blame vacation and preggo brain.
2.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Neatfreak!

I finally just finished knitting a sweater for Chloe. Kind of fitting, huh?

ChloeSweater.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Wow, congratulations to lots of you - lisa, blenheim and OMG twins Indy!
23.gif
It''s been a while since I read this thread and it moves pretty fast!

I think I''d probably better sign up here. I bit earlier than I was planning but there we are.

Quick update:

Came off BCP two years ago and just used barrier BC since then. Have done basic charting for last 4 months - CM/dates etc. My cycle is a steady 27 days and regular as clockwork.

Currently CD17.

DH ''forgot'' the BC and so wedding night was sans. We then decided what the heck and have decided to just see what happens...
9.gif

O is normally on CD 13 or CD 14, over honeymoon BD on days 10, 12, 13 and 14. So, who knows!

DH is super keen for a baby - although does NOT want to know any scientific/biological details ie please do not show me a POAS test
20.gif
. He is the most squeamish person I know, so I''ll be coming here to share!

I was PG when I was 21 - huge mistake, and luckily m/c at week 6 - it was the ONLY time I ever had sex without BC so was a big shock. But then, my mother and maternal grandmother, aunts and sister have all got PG either 1st or 2nd month of trying (I''m one of 4, my mother is one of 4 and all my aunts have 4 kids each. Sister is on 2nd and thinking about 3rd), so I thought I''d better sign up fast just in case I follow the family trait!

Either way we will be happy - although (and this sounds silly) I''d quite like to plan TTC properly rather than just thinking what the heck, why not - and now stuffing folic acid like it''s Smarties just in case!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh I''ve been getting some serious baby fever lately too. But the timing is bad logistically at least for another two years. Still- that means trying in a little over a year, which at the same time seems sooo soon. That said, I''ve been lurking here a lot
9.gif

So congrats, Lisa. I''ve been pulling for you (in my head hehe) with all of these crazy fertility treatments!

And congrats Blen, too. So exciting, ladies
36.gif

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Neatfreak, Pandora, Icekid, Ebree -

Many thanks for the support & welcome to the new TTC''ers.

As u can see we r a kooky bunch and overanalyze everything!

Pandora, sounds like u may be fertile myrtile.

GL to those who r O''ing, ready to O or have just O''ed (I hope that covers everyone).

I just watched a freaky show about "stone babies" & this Morroccan woman had a fetus grow in her abdominal cavity for 46 yrs!

Amazing what the body can do.

Have a great weekend all.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies - well, AFF came a knock''n on Saturday morning - she knocked so loud that she woke me up!
29.gif
I haven''t had cramps that bad in a loooong time. Anyway, I knew it was a long shot for us, but was still hoping to be a jerkstore.
7.gif
I''ve started temping and charting again this cycle so, hopefully we''ll get it right this time as it will be our first "real" attempt at TTCing!
5.gif

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
Sorry I''ve been MIA ladies. Congrats Blenheim and Lisa on your BFP!!! Sorry BB for AF. It looks like AF is on her way for me today or tomorrow. My chart was looking good for a while until I realized that FF was wrong about my O day because my cycle is so long now. It was cd 17 and now it''s cd 23. I changed the setting from Advanced to FAM and the O day is lined up to what I suspected. Our bd timing was great for cd 17 O, but not really for cd 23 O day. Oh well. I will be adding OPK to avoid the confusion on the O day and using preseed this next cycle. I''m actually looking forward to this next cycle. My D & C is screwing up my cycle, but hopefully it will get back to normal soon. Here is my chart in case anyone is curious:

Attachments

• radiantgirl FF chart.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 123

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2008 10:21:32 AM
Author: radiantgirl
Sorry I''ve been MIA ladies. Congrats Blenheim and Lisa on your BFP!!! Sorry BB for AF. It looks like AF is on her way for me today or tomorrow. My chart was looking good for a while until I realized that FF was wrong about my O day because my cycle is so long now. It was cd 17 and now it''s cd 23. I changed the setting from Advanced to FAM and the O day is lined up to what I suspected. Our bd timing was great for cd 17 O, but not really for cd 23 O day. Oh well. I will be adding OPK to avoid the confusion on the O day and using preseed this next cycle. I''m actually looking forward to this next cycle. My D & C is screwing up my cycle, but hopefully it will get back to normal soon. Here is my chart in case anyone is curious:
Radiant, that chart looks great, and Indy also had a confusing O-day like that the cycle she got preggo. AF may be coming, but you never know! You still DTD the day before the later O day! Your temps are still above the cover line after all...

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Really stupid question coming up... and possible TMI

Can increased hormone levels cause you to need to use the bathroom WAY more than normal.

I'm one of those people who can quite easily go a whole day without needing to pee.

The last 3 days I find I'm having to go every 2 hours or so and get up in the night as well. I'm not drinking any more than usual and this is seriously weird for me.

I may just be being over-alert to any possible changes...

Did any of you have VERY early signs - ie before AF was late or you tested or anything - if so, what were they?

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Pandora - Yep I had to pee a lot this BFP around. It started about a week after O and I am a pee camel!

I found myself getting up in the middle of the night and having to go about every 3 hrs. This symptom came early this time!

I think it has too do w/ the increasing blood volume and hormones. I am also more thirsty than ever.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Yes, Pandora, that can happen! Other early signs for me were a small bout of nausea and just generally feeling weirdy-o.

How long till you can test?

Radiant, your chart looks fine! It''s not over till the AF lady sings! I had a temp drop before my BFP too. By the way, my egg day was really hard to determine, and the Advanced setting of FF turned out to be right (and me, wrong). Have you tested yet?

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, Radiant, keep testing if AFF doesn't show up, because you may even have ovulated on day 26. That could still make sense.

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
DD & Indy - Thanks for the encouraging words, but looks like AFF is here. I just started spotting pretty heavily, so onto the next cycle. I''m actually okay with it now because after seeing so many stark white BFNs, I''ve come to the conclusion that this cycle was not the one for us. I am really looking forward to my next cycle and hopefully get a BFP then. It looks like my LP is right on target at 14 days. In January, when I got my BFP, I tested on 15 DPO. Hopefully next cycle, I will O earlier than I did this cycle.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
hey gals - it looks like a lot of fresh starts all around! though I know that there are some knitters out there...

I''m currently on CD 4, though this cycle I''ve decided to use the CBEFM and because of the way that machine works it''s calling today CD 3...just waiting and hoping that we''ll be able to squeeze in a day or more of *productive* BDing despite my DH''s ill-timed bachelor party trip.
14.gif

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Radiant and BB, I''m sorry to hear about AFF! Upwards and onwards, I guess?

Mela lu, how are you doing?

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
LL - you and are cycle twins - on CD 3 as well! This month, I''m planning on BDing 6 days prior to O, the day of O and the day after...whew...that''s alot of BDing!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
BB: I think that in the case of TTC we too are adopting the attitude of *practice makes perfect*
3.gif
here''s to getting lucky
9.gif

My own situation this go-around is a little frustrating because we waited, kind of arbitrarily, until July to officially TTC - so there were many months there that DH was around all during the good BDing times - but now that we are really trying i got really sick during our first attempt and during this second cycle he''s going to be out of town...this is what happens, i suppose when I try to control things that are (mostly) out of my control! I think that will be my last gripe about that subject as I''m beginning to sound like a big ole broken record...

in more fun news, DH volunteered to cook dinner tonight!
36.gif
In those very early and heady days of our relationship, DH cooked for me often and everything was delicious! however, it didn''t take long to realize that my fellow only has about 5 *signature* dishes. ha! plus, over time even this limited selection has fallen off the menu as i cook roughly 99% of the time. today, however, he called me up out of the blue to say that he''ll be whipping up dinner. go DH.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2008 1:35:53 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Yes, Pandora, that can happen! Other early signs for me were a small bout of nausea and just generally feeling weirdy-o.

How long till you can test?

Radiant, your chart looks fine! It's not over till the AF lady sings! I had a temp drop before my BFP too. By the way, my egg day was really hard to determine, and the Advanced setting of FF turned out to be right (and me, wrong). Have you tested yet?
Today is CD19, I'm on a 27 day cycle, so realistically I can test using one of the super-early tests on Thursday or Friday.

I am the LEAST patient person in the world though. I can see this process being expensive. I'd better start buying shares in whatever company produces those POAS tests!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2008 12:01:49 PM
Author: Pandora II
Really stupid question coming up... and possible TMI

Can increased hormone levels cause you to need to use the bathroom WAY more than normal.

I''m one of those people who can quite easily go a whole day without needing to pee.

The last 3 days I find I''m having to go every 2 hours or so and get up in the night as well. I''m not drinking any more than usual and this is seriously weird for me.

I may just be being over-alert to any possible changes...

Did any of you have VERY early signs - ie before AF was late or you tested or anything - if so, what were they?

This could also possibly be a UTI. If you have any pain, I would get it checked.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2008 6:55:35 PM
Author: iluvcarats

This could also possibly be a UTI. If you have any pain, I would get it checked.
Definitely not an UTI.

I suppose I will know soon enough.

To be honest I''m not sure I should be hoping for a BFP (although I am) - we''re going to Sri Lanka at the end of October, and I had an appointment with the Travel Clinic this morning to discuss immunisations. The nurse was already to give me the typhoid shot when I mentioned the possibility. Luckily I''m way up on all the others and have lifetime protection for all those that you can do, so I only really need the typhoid and possibly the polio.

am04

Shiny_Rock
Hi all! I''m officially de-lurking to introduce myself to you. I''ve been following your stories for quite a while now and am excited to join such an informative and supportive community!

DH and I are 30 and are TTC#1. This is our first cycle trying and we''re pretty excited! I''m also on CD4 and should be Oing on CD13 or 14. Looks like lovelylulu, blushingbride and I are on the same cycle (except I only have a 10 day luteal phase).

Anyway, I looking forward to sharing this journey with you all and getting to know you better!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Hi am04 and Pandora
35.gif
Welcome and GL with the baby making!

I''m Currently CD18...but since I don''t know exactly when I O''d, I''m guessing I''m 3 or 4 DPO. This cycle I didn''t have any EWCF
8.gif
If I''m not PG this round, I''m certainly going to start temping so that I can confirm O.

I really don''t feel anything special - but since I clearly remember my early pg symptoms from last time, I''ll know what to look out for. Tired, fatigue, gas, bloating, constipation, extreme hunger (often) and frequent urination. The most noticable symptom I had was ''blurry head''. Just plain foggy and clumsy and bleary. Oh the joys! haha.

My DH is convinced that I''m knocked up (hilarious) due to his "supersperm". He even gave me an extra portion tonight at dinner. HAHA. What a guy.

knit knit knit.
9.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2008 7:09:48 PM
Author: Pandora II
Date: 8/4/2008 6:55:35 PM

Author: iluvcarats

Definitely not an UTI.

I suppose I will know soon enough.

To be honest I''m not sure I should be hoping for a BFP (although I am) - we''re going to Sri Lanka at the end of October, and I had an appointment with the Travel Clinic this morning to discuss immunisations. The nurse was already to give me the typhoid shot when I mentioned the possibility. Luckily I''m way up on all the others and have lifetime protection for all those that you can do, so I only really need the typhoid and possibly the polio.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you! Best wishes
35.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone.

I''m pretty down right now, I just got an email from my cousin who has a set of 18 month old boy/girl twins at home. She''s aware of our TTCing, and how long it''s taken us- so she wanted to let me know that they''re currently expecting a set of identical twins via a surrogate. I''m glad she''s having her babies and all, but it hurts nonetheless. I''m being totally selfish, I know. I''m really just depressed. All these people around me are getting pregnant while I sit here literally counting the days until I can try again, and it''s really not doing me any good emotionally. Nothing distracts me from thinking about it anymore, so I''m thinking of kind of "giving up" for awhile until I have the heart to try again.

So, if you don''t see me around here much, that''s the reason. I wish you all the best of luck with TTCing, hopefully I''ll be back here soon enough!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results