shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! We're pretty darn excited! The test didn't show anything at first. Well it took about 15 seconds to start appearing. So I thought I had been wrong for a moment. Then I almost didn't believe my eyes. We plan to share the news with DHs parents in two weeks and have already told my parents over the phone (they're on an opposite coast).

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

I've been lurking on this thread hoping to see a BFP from Clairitek. Obviously just got a reward. CONGRATS, Clairitek!

Slinking back into lurkdom. Last week I told my husband we are probably a "one and done.".

Happy for every gal here, though. Love seeing you all grow your families!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats clairitek!!!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock

Congratulations, Clairitek!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

5DPO here. DH keeps asking me if I feel anything. I told him it's way too early and he said I should be able to tell if I'm "creating life." :lol:

And I know it's wayyyy to early for anything, but yesterday I had pizza and it made me gag...like the feeling of the cheese in my throat. I'll chalk it up to a random occurrence but I still thought it was odd. Then, of course, I had to google "gag reflex early pregnancy" and one of the examples that came up was pizza. Ha. Of course at 3-4DPO I wouldn't even be pregnant yet, but still, very interesting.

I've still been toying with the idea of telling DH on Christmas if I do get a BFP. I just don't think I can hold out that long. But the anniversary of our first date is on the 19th so I was thinking of doing it then.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

Clairitek!!! Congrats mama! :appl: :appl: :appl:
How are you feeling now?

AMC, good luck waiting! Your DH will probably be asking you way before Christmas if you've tested, especially since he's already asking now. But the 19th would be a great day to find out, if you can hold out that long.

AFM, CD1 today! That makes my first "cycle" after Mirena removal 45 days. I say it in quotes because I was counting from the first day of the withdrawal bleed, so I don't know if that's really a cycle. So we'll see if this one is shorter. I'd like to have at least another cycle or two before we start trying, but I don't think I'll have the patience if they're longer now. I've been trying to get back into the habit of taking my temps, but I can't seem to do it at the same time everyday.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Welcome S&I!!! Hoping your cycles will become shorter here on out. Long cycles suck and it definitely wears on your patience.

AMC, you still planning on testing this Friday? I'm on the fence on testing on Friday with you, since BFN's really bum me out. But we'll see how my patience feels as the weekend draws near. So far I haven't been feeling anything one way or another.

AFM: Not much new here. Not feeling anything pro or against pregnancy, so I'll just wait till the weekend (or Friday) to test.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Thanks so much everyone! 4 weeks today! DH had me pee on a second FRER yesterday morning (13 DPO) and it had a darker line than the 12 DPO one so that's encouraging I suppose. Tried to call my OBs office but they are closed for lunch right now. I want to make our 10 week appointment as far ahead as possible to get a later in the day appointment so it's easier for DH to come, too.

Best of luck to everyone over here! I appreciate the support I had along the way! I'll be cheering you on from the JBP thread!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

amc, good luck to you! If you are pregnant and have the willpower to not tell DH until Christmas, I'll be shocked. The 19th sounds more doable . . . maybe. My situation is different since we are fertility-challenged, but there is now way DH would believe me that it was a BFN if I didn't cry (extensively), so there will be no Christmas surprises in our house even if by some miracle I get a BFP this time around. I had another IUI yesterday, so I'm 1dpo and should know by next weekend.

LC, fingers crossed for you!

S&I, yay, not too much longer for you. I hope your cycles aren't too long. That would be frustrating!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

S&I|1386610608|3570649 said:
AMC, good luck waiting! Your DH will probably be asking you way before Christmas if you've tested, especially since he's already asking now. But the 19th would be a great day to find out, if you can hold out that long.

AFM, CD1 today! That makes my first "cycle" after Mirena removal 45 days. I say it in quotes because I was counting from the first day of the withdrawal bleed, so I don't know if that's really a cycle. So we'll see if this one is shorter. I'd like to have at least another cycle or two before we start trying, but I don't think I'll have the patience if they're longer now. I've been trying to get back into the habit of taking my temps, but I can't seem to do it at the same time everyday.

We will see if I can hold out. He won't do the math so if I tell him it's too early to test he will just go with it. I figure even if I can't hold off telling him I'd still like to tell him in a creative way. Temping is so hard to get back into. What were your cycles like before Mirena?

lliang_chi said:
AMC, you still planning on testing this Friday? I'm on the fence on testing on Friday with you, since BFN's really bum me out. But we'll see how my patience feels as the weekend draws near. So far I haven't been feeling anything one way or another.

That's the plan! I need to remind myself that normal people don't get BFPs at 9DPO, and just because I got one last time doesn't mean I would this time. But I do have those 6 FRERs calling my name. I still have them in the box they came in, downstairs, nowhere near the bathroom. I know I can't put them in the bathroom yet because I'd probably test tomorrow, ha. No willpower.

Clairitek- Yay for a darker line! Your OB really makes you wait until 10 weeks? I think I would go crazy. Mine normally sees people at 7-8 weeks, but will do earlier if you request it.

monkeyprincess said:
amc, good luck to you! If you are pregnant and have the willpower to not tell DH until Christmas, I'll be shocked. The 19th sounds more doable . . . maybe. My situation is different since we are fertility-challenged, but there is now way DH would believe me that it was a BFN if I didn't cry (extensively), so there will be no Christmas surprises in our house even if by some miracle I get a BFP this time around. I had another IUI yesterday, so I'm 1dpo and should know by next weekend.

I'm really crossing my fingers for you! I lurk on the 6M+ thread. Hopefully Clairitek's BFP will start a string of them. And no, I don't think I'd be able to wait that long either.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

amc80|1386621732|3570806 said:
S&I|1386610608|3570649 said:
Clairitek- Yay for a darker line! Your OB really makes you wait until 10 weeks? I think I would go crazy. Mine normally sees people at 7-8 weeks, but will do earlier if you request it.

Just called and made the appt and they did say 10 weeks. I thought maybe I had misheard my ob when I saw her 2.5 weeks ago but I guess not! She did say some patients want to get in there earlier but I want the best chance of seeing stuff and hearing the heartbeat clearly. I figure by the time I get there I'll be 25% of the way through this and then after that I'll be in there 2-3 weeks later for my NT scan and bloodwork.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Clairi, FWIW my 1st appt with Ethan was right around 9 or 10 wks too, so don't feel like it's just your OB. Till then, sit tight. Hard to be patient but it's something that you'll have to learn. Still super happy for you. :appl:

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

Just popping in to say Yay Clairitek!!! I've been lurking for fun and waiting for your BFP! Congratulations!
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

HUGE congrats, Clairitek!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

AMC, how goes the TWW?

I'm chugging along. I really think I'm not going to test until Sunday because I have some holiday celebration stuff going on this weekend, and I want to be blissfully ignorant while drinking wine.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

lliang_chi|1386795783|3572183 said:
AMC, how goes the TWW?

I'm chugging along. I really think I'm not going to test until Sunday because I have some holiday celebration stuff going on this weekend, and I want to be blissfully ignorant while drinking wine.

That makes sense. I'm still planning on testing on Friday. Maybe tomorrow (8DPO), since I'm a POAS addict and all. I am solidly in "Symptom-watch 2013," though. Nothing yet. The night before I tested with B (so at 8DPO) my nips were really dark and chest was super veiny. So I'm hoping something like that pops up. I did have creamy CM yesterday so that isn't a bad sign.

I have decided if I get a BFP I will hang it in the Christmas Tree. If it takes DH too long to notice I will ask him how he likes the new ornament.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

I don't know what's happening with my body right now! I was expecting to ovulate next week, but then all of a sudden yesterday I got EWCM... but OPKs are nowhere near as dark as the control line. So we hit it last night "just in case", but will watch the OPKs and probably go again on Saturday (CD 17 - O'ed CD 21-22 last cycle most likely) and try every second day after that until it's clear that the O-train has left :roll:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Pancake, woot for a shorter cycle than you were having before. Good plan to hit every other until you're sure you past O.

AMC, creamy CM is a pretty good sign. Hoping this is it for you.

No symptoms here. I'm kinda bitchy, but that doesn't necessarily mean pregnant. Will continue to wait and see...

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

Haha LC, if "kinda bitchy" is a specific pregnancy sign, then I've been pregnant for a looooooooong time!

But I hope this is your cycle! Are you gonna test tomorrow (Friday)?

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

pancake|1386834220|3572627 said:
Haha LC, if "kinda bitchy" is a specific pregnancy sign, then I've been pregnant for a looooooooong time!

But I hope this is your cycle! Are you gonna test tomorrow (Friday)?

Ha, me too :)

Good luck amc and LC! I hope we can all make our boys big brothers soon!

Pancake, sound like you are covering your bases. I hope you are able to get a positive OPK soon!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

lliang_chi said:
No symptoms here. I'm kinda bitchy, but that doesn't necessarily mean pregnant. Will continue to wait and see...
Hahaha

monkeyprincess said:
Good luck amc and LC! I hope we can all make our boys big brothers soon!
A big ditto to that!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

It's Friday in the Southern Hemisphere! POAS, bitches!

Meanwhile it's back to normal programming for me - dunno what the EWCM was about buy it was a once off and I'm pretty sure O is still almost a week away.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

Haha nice, Pancake!

Can't wait to hear test results from AMC and LC!

MP, when are you testing?

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Haha Pancake, that cracked me up!

As it happens, I am about to go pee. But not on any sort of stick. It's only 2:38pm here so you've got about 16 hours.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

LOL, Pancake. I'm going to test on Sunday. But I'm sure AMC will be testing this morning, so hopefully she'll keep us posted. I guess your EWCM was a "fake out" or something? I was hoping your cycles would be moving towards the typical duration rather than long cycles like you've been having.

So, I'm pretty much sure this is not my cycle. Haven't had any preggo symptoms, so it'll be pretty easy for me to wait out AF. Keeping tabs on this thread for AMC though :)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
BFN for me. I'm only 9dpo so still holding out hope, but also not feeling anything. I did have some weird cramping yesterday (felt like AF cramps) so maybe those were implantation cramps? I think I will test again on Sunday at 11DPO.

image-2119827159.jpg

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

amc, it's never fun seeing the BFNs, but it's definitely too early to count yourself out. Good luck this weekend!

LC, how many DPO are you? Did you have pregnancy symptoms last time? I know I certainly didn't, so I'm not giving up on you yet! Keeps us posted.

Hi S&I, I'm still on 5 days in, so I won't be testing for another week or so. I used an HCG trigger before the IUI, so there's no point in my testing until about 12dpo to make sure all of the HCG is out of my system.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

AMC, fingers crossed for you. I'll be testing on Sunday so we can both update the thread.

MP, I'm 10 DPO. I don't remember having any symptoms early on with Ethan, so maybe it's more of the same. But I'm nearly sure I had at least some milky/creamy CM and I haven't seen anything this past week.

We shall see on Sunday...

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

amc80, ugh to the BFN. 9DPO is EARLY though, so I'd test again in a few days...but would try to hold out during that time!

LC - ok, Sunday, I'll allow it. Fingers crossed.

AFM - OPK is getting darker and CM is changing so it's a-comin'. DH said to me, "So, you wanna go today (Saturday) and Monday, or Sunday and Tuesday?" Dontcha just love the spontaneity of TTC???

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

Well well well. It's a positive OPK I think!

_12672.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results