shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Missy, thanks! It sure looks like you got a big jump between this morning and this afternoon - looks like you should totally BD tonight. Good luck!

monkeyprincess, I thought my DH was going to freak out when I brought that book home from the store, so I was pleasantly surprised. He said he was only skimming through and reading the 'boy' sections, but in the same breath, he also said he thought he needed to go check his CF and CP :lol: - what a goofball.

For anyone who is interested, I just got back from my pelvic ultrasound. They did both the belly and the vaginal one to get good looks. I apparently have a 2cm fibroid on my uterus and maybe some additional smaller ones, but they said the size and location of the 2cm one was absolutely nothing to worry about. Also, my right ovary is tucked under my uterus :confused: and my left ovary is way far out there that they could only look at the left one from the belly and not vaginally. So I guess my ovaries are lopsided? And does that mean my fallopian tubes are different lengths too? They told me not to google anything about fibroids, so naturally, that is what I did as soon as I got back to the office.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Welcome back ChinaCat! I started lurking regularly on this thread about when you were pregnant with Oliver! I remember how "GOTF" came about pretty well! Mandy and her twins, right? I still think of BDing in those terms sometimes. I had the mobile app on my phone but I don't really use it. I prefer to just log directly into FF online. Though I am only tracking temp and using OPKs so I can imagine if I were putting in more data I would use it more.

S&I- I JUST figured out what your previous PS username was! Duh! That's wonderful that your DH was looking through the book. Mine is vascillating between being grossed out that I keep the pee-covered OPK strips and reading over my shoulder when I look at TCOYF. Good luck!

AMC- I would just order more cheapies now and rely on temping for the rest of this cycle to save yourself the money. Then I would order enough OPKs from Amazon at one go to get you through your first few months of TTC (and you might not need that many!). Though, it seems that you're still sorting out your cycles and I know you want to get it figured out before the wedding comes around so you can be right on top of it AND you want to avoid conceiving before the cruise, so maybe its a good investment!

Missy- Yeah! Almost there! Sounds like you and your husband have some work to do the next two nights. Speaking of "work," when DH and I first moved in together he would solicit me by asking if I wanted to "do work." This was around the same time the show Rob and Big was popular on MTV (and at the time DH was 22). Big often uses the phrase, "Do work." I will not always associate that with BDing.

Lizzy- Your level if enthusiasm is infectious! Good luck again tonight!

Firecracker- I understand about not wanting to over-medicalize the process since you're around testing and monitoring and probing all day. This is one of the reasons I am making it so scientific now, personally (not TTCing until next year). We shall see if that plan pans out! Good luck!

ETA: Still peeing on plenty of OPKs and they are still darker but not as dark as they were yesterday morning/night before last. I had a temp jump this morning, back up to 97.9. My highest (that I am counting since I think weekends are not good for temping) so far has been 97.6. I suppose tomorrow if I still have an elevated temp I will get cross-hairs.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

S&I|1311193424|2973257 said:
Missy, thanks! It sure looks like you got a big jump between this morning and this afternoon - looks like you should totally BD tonight. Good luck!

monkeyprincess, I thought my DH was going to freak out when I brought that book home from the store, so I was pleasantly surprised. He said he was only skimming through and reading the 'boy' sections, but in the same breath, he also said he thought he needed to go check his CF and CP :lol: - what a goofball.

For anyone who is interested, I just got back from my pelvic ultrasound. They did both the belly and the vaginal one to get good looks. I apparently have a 2cm fibroid on my uterus and maybe some additional smaller ones, but they said the size and location of the 2cm one was absolutely nothing to worry about. Also, my right ovary is tucked under my uterus :confused: and my left ovary is way far out there that they could only look at the left one from the belly and not vaginally. So I guess my ovaries are lopsided? And does that mean my fallopian tubes are different lengths too? They told me not to google anything about fibroids, so naturally, that is what I did as soon as I got back to the office.

Thank you S&I! This will be the first time we've ever BD'd two nights in a row! Haha.
Love the part about your DH and checking his CM and CP...my DH would totally say something like that. He has NO clue about fertility at all. I'm sure if I tell him tonight that it's a good time to BD and he'll be like "Well how do you know that?" :confused:
I've never had either of those ultrasounds done. I think I'd be pretty scared that something would be totally wrong with me! So did they say this limits your chances at getting pregnant or is everything still fine? Don't you hate when doctors tell you NOT to research and that's the first thing you do. I'm sure everything is fine :)

Claritek - Whoops missed your post!! I will see what I can do...I don't wanna mess up my chances this month! I love it, "do work" = BDing haha! Rob & Big was hilarious. I miss that show!!

AFM I can't stay away from this thread either, now that I finally have something to talk about and I know what you ladies are talking about! This board is really moving now!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock

S&I - thanks for letting me know that some OB's refer if no success after 6 months if you are over 30. I actually see a NP who is specialized in women's heath issues (since right now I just need routine care). I will ask her about it if we go 6 months without success.

ChinaCat - thanks for the reassurance about the age. I do know several people who had babies in their late 30's and none of them had any complications. I hope things go as easy as your first.

lizzyann - I have decided not to worry about the b-day thing too much. We will actually be on a mini vacation staying with friends when I am mid-cycle. I doubt I am going to do an OPK than :-o. But if we are not successful, I will probably start using them next cycle. I really hope this is your cycle too!!!

monkeyprincess - I agree. I had a lot of friends literally get pregnant on their first month trying. I didn't want to get technical if it was not necessary. But believe me, if we continue to be unsuccessful, I will start charting and getting the OPK.

Missy - I don't know if I am repeating old news, but you look like you are getting close, and if you are not certain, it is best to err on the side of trying before ovulation being that the egg does not live very long once it is released, but the "swimmers" can live up to 4 days in a favorable environment.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock

Sorry to threadjack, but what do all these acronyms mean?

OPK
BD
CD
EWCM

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

mayerling|1311201753|2973366 said:
Sorry to threadjack, but what do all these acronyms mean?

OPK
BD
CD
EWCM

Hi Mayerling! I know sometimes we talk in a foreign language here! OPK = Ovulation Predictor Kit, BD = Baby dance (sex), CD = cycle day, and EWCM = Egg White Cervical Mucus

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock

S&I: I am 27 weeks now...eek. Sorry, didn't realize it was you and not CC who brought up the age thing but glad you caught my post! I'm in the NYC area so having kids in late 30's is considered the norm and not "late" at all :).

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

janinegirly, I didn't even realize that you weren't talking to me about the age thing. :cheeky: LtlFirecracker had similar concerns about age too. My sister and her husband just moved to NYC from Cali about a month ago, so she could do the NP program at Columbia. DH and I are thinking about visiting them soon.

LtlFirecracker, you probably won't even need 6 months with the help of all these lovely ladies on this forum.

Missy, the ultrasound itself wasn't bad - it was my first time. I always somehow convince myself that I have all sorts of problems whenever doctors suggest any tests. I still have to talk to my OB about the ultrasound images (she was out doing a delivery today, so I didn't get a chance to talk to her after the ultrasound), but both the ultrasound technician and the other OB said I had nothing to worry about, regarding the fibroid.

Clairitek, I figured I would shorten my username since most people on PS have been calling me S&I for short anyways. ;-) I'm sure your DH will get over the gross factor once you start officially TTCing! I'm also sure my DH would be grossed out if I left my used tests anywhere other than the trashcan.

amc, I agree with Clairitek that you probably only need to get the cheapo tests for now. Hope you can confirm O soon!

My Wondfo tests were waiting for me at the front door when I got home from work today. Now the question is - when should I start testing for upcoming O?

amc80

Ideal_Rock

My temp is STILL down...96.5 this morning. Ugh. Also more EWCM. So really no idea what's going on.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

S&I - My last cycle (first cycle of BC pill) was 34 days. I started OPKs at CD10 his cycle, just because I really had no clue what my body was going to do...I didn't notice a change in the test line until CD19. Pretty sure I got a positive yesterday at CD20 and still looks positive this morning. Anyway, it depends on how long your average cycles are.

Figures it's SO incredibly hot this week and I believe I am O'ing soon. DH gives me this "are you crazy" look and says to me last night "you're wearing me out!!", but we did BD last night and the night before..not sure if it'll happen tonight. It's supposed to be a high of 100 degrees today with heat index up to 110 and DH works in a shop with no A/C, so he's drained by the time I get home from work! And tomorrow is supposed to be just as hot. It would be a pretty cool thing if I do get pregnant, we could say we conceived on a record breaking hot day for this area!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

S&I|1311193424|2973257 said:

We must have been cross-posting yesterday because I noticed this post last night. I'm sorry to hear about the fibroids but glad that the doctor doesn't seem too concerned right now. I can't recall if you have mentioned this year, but have you had issues with fibroids in the past? Amazing how they are arranged in there! Makes me curious about the location of my own bits n pieces.

Anyway, finger's crossed that it isn't an issue for you and you can carry on as planned!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Two days in a row with temps well above what I suspect will turn into my coverline but no cross-hairs!! I stopped with the OPKs last night since I started to see the fade. Took me two days to go from "Well, that's about 1/2-3/4 as dark as the control line! Must be approaching O!" to "Ok, back to 1/2 to 3/4 as dark, surge is almost over." My money is on FF giving me CD15 as an O day based on other charts I've seen here.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Hi everyone! :wavey:

Here's today around 1pm. I had a First Response OPK here too, so tried that one. I'm thinking this one is positive and not this mornings...anyway hopefully get another BD in tonight...but if not I'm wondering if last night and the prior night would be enough. I'm guessing it's better chances if you BD once you get the + and not the days before? Guess I'll find out either way!

missyopks1.JPG

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Missy, congrats on your positive OPK. That wondfo is definitely positive. Timed bd’ing is just so romantic, isn’t it? Hopefully you can talk him into another round (or two) today (and tomorrow) because that would maximize your chances. But once is all it takes!

amc, hopefully you’re just having a longer than usual cycle. Nothing to worry about at this point. It could be a thing if your AF is late this month - maybe you won’t have to back on the pill before your wedding?

S&I – yay for wondfos! Like Missy said, it depends on how long your cycles normally are. Mine are pretty short (25 days), so I usually get positives around CD10 or 11. If your cycles are longer, you can probably wait awhile to start testing. But since they are so cheap anyway, at least you don’t have to worry about wasting them! Sounds like you had an interesting ultrasound. Sorry about the fibroids, but I’m glad they told you not to worry. Interesting about your ovaries. I’m guessing we’re not all perfectly symmetrical like the diagrams always show. I had a trans-vag. ultrasound once to check on an ovarian cyst (which was gone by the time I had the ultrasound). Anyway, they didn’t mention anything to me about my anatomy, but I wasn’t TTC at that point. Now I wish I would’ve asked more questions.

Clairitek, your temps an the timing of your OPK seem to confirm O. I wouldn’t put too much stock in the cross-hairs.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Clairitek|1311269751|2973876 said:
Two days in a row with temps well above what I suspect will turn into my coverline but no cross-hairs!! I stopped with the OPKs last night since I started to see the fade. Took me two days to go from "Well, that's about 1/2-3/4 as dark as the control line! Must be approaching O!" to "Ok, back to 1/2 to 3/4 as dark, surge is almost over." My money is on FF giving me CD15 as an O day based on other charts I've seen here.

I think on FF you have to have 3 days above your cover line before it will give you your cross hairs :) You can play with it by putting a fake high temp in for tomorrow and see what happens.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Missy, definitely a positive! BD'ing before O is also a great way to get PG! LC only BD'd once, 5 days before O and she got pregnant! If you can, you should try to BD today and tomorrow. The day of the surge and the day after are usually your most fertile days! It is also really hot here in MA so I hear you on that!!!

S & I, where are you at in your cycle now? Since you have the wondfo's, you could start as soon as your period ends or wait a couple days if you know you O later in the month. I'm sorry you got some unwelcome news at your doctor, but at least you are aware and your doctor is aware so that will help get you pregnant you know? Have you had a chance to discuss all of the findings with your doctor yet?

Ltlfirecracker, hopefully you will get lucky on your mini vacation and not need the opk's!

Clairitek, so you haven't had a true positive on your OPK's yet?

AMC, I have also been using the CVS brand OPK's and the CBE digitals and I also feel like the CVS shows a lot of "almost" positives, I ran out of digitals so I can't double check it, but I'm not going to worry about it for now.

Janine, thanks so much for the support!!

Monkey, 5dpo now for you! I am sending you lots of 2ww dust and positive vibes for a happy ending!

AFM, I am still considering yesterday O day because I felt crampy and usually that is my sign. So today I am 1dpo. I got a smiley on the digital on Tues afternoon and Wed morning, then I ran out of digitals so i have been using the CVS brand ones just to see and they look "almost"positive even today. Who knows? I wish I had more digitals but I'm not going to buy more when I already got my positives this week you know? So I got a smiley on CD 17 afternoon and CD18 morning. We BD"d on CD13, CD15, CD17, CD18. I hope that is enough because I think we have run out of steam for tonight! I spoke with my RE today and she said she wants me to start the Prometrium (progesterone suppositories) on Saturday. I plan to test on Sunday 7/31 (11dpo). My birthday is 7/29 so it would be a nice birthday present!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

monkeyprincess|1311271070|2973887 said:
amc, hopefully you’re just having a longer than usual cycle. Nothing to worry about at this point. It could be a thing if your AF is late this month - maybe you won’t have to back on the pill before your wedding?

Not worried, just curious :) I don't normally get a ton of EWCM but I've now had it three days this cycle (with a day off in between). So that's sort of weird, but also encouraging at the same time.

Unfortunately this puts me on even worse time for the wedding...unless it ends up being a ridiculously long cycle, like 40 days or something. I might have to cave and get some OPKs at the store...I feel like I'm flying blind right now!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock

amc80|1311284287|2974066 said:
monkeyprincess|1311271070|2973887 said:

Not worried, just curious :) I don't normally get a ton of EWCM but I've now had it three days this cycle (with a day off in between). So that's sort of weird, but also encouraging at the same time.

Unfortunately this puts me on even worse time for the wedding...unless it ends up being a ridiculously long cycle, like 40 days or something. I might have to cave and get some OPKs at the store...I feel like I'm flying blind right now!

You can get that discharge a few days before you ovulate. The point of EWCM is to keep the "swimmers" alive (it provides nourishment). Since sperm can live up to 4 days in the body, it makes since that the body would want to keep them alive until the egg is released.

But EWCM is not a perfect predictor of ovulation, so if you are really feeling lost, and OPK may help.

When is your wedding?

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Missy, tell your DH to get his game face on. It just takes once and who knows sometimes there can be some super Ninja swimmers that hang out for a while. Actually HOT said that sperm "go to sleep" until the egg is released.

Lizzy, wow you guys did a great job with this egg capture. Will you be seeing your RE during your 2WW? It's probably better if you don't, I think I'd go CRAZY!!!!! Anyway, I'm doing an eagle pose for you :)

AMC, I hope things go smoothly in time for your wedding cruise. Just think you'll be all set to go once you guys get hitched.

Monkey, I'm doing an eagle pose for you too. How's the cranky partner @ your job? I hope she's better. Has work kinda dialed back a bit? How's the job hunt?

Rooting for you ladies from the sidelines :)

~LC

amc80

Ideal_Rock

[quote="LtlFirecracker|1311286653|2974098You can get that discharge a few days before you ovulate. The point of EWCM is to keep the "swimmers" alive (it provides nourishment). Since sperm can live up to 4 days in the body, it makes since that the body would want to keep them alive until the egg is released.

But EWCM is not a perfect predictor of ovulation, so if you are really feeling lost, and OPK may help.

When is your wedding?[/quote]

Does anyone else think it's kinda gross/weird that the little swimmers can live for so long inside of us? So weird. I have been using OPKs but ran out...debating whether or not to get more or just wait until next cycle. I'm guessing that if I buy some today my temp will shift tomorrow. Sort of like how taking an HPT is a sure way to make AF come.

The wedding is 11/27- 4 months and 6 days away :)

MerryMary

Rough_Rock

Ha! AMC that totally makes me laugh. Yesterday and today I have been thinking of that very thing. Here I am sitting at my desk or at the supermarket and I think about how DH's swimmers are just hanging on for a ride...and waiting for my egg to visit where they hopefully will cozy right up to it. Such a random crazy thought! :rolleyes:

amc80

Ideal_Rock

MerryMary|1311288446|2974120 said:
Ha! AMC that totally makes me laugh. Yesterday and today I have been thinking of that very thing. Here I am sitting at my desk or at the supermarket and I think about how DH's swimmers are just hanging on for a ride...and waiting for my egg to visit where they hopefully will cozy right up to it. Such a random crazy thought! :rolleyes:

It's gross and sort of invasive. I mean if BD twice a week it means you always have some stuff in you. But if that's what it takes, that's what it takes. I also feel slightly sorry for the egg. Poor little thing has been alive as long as you have. Tons of hormonal shifts have to happen in order for just one to ripen and pop...and then she dies in 24 hours. Seems unfair.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

LC, thanks for checking in! Hope you are feeling well. Have you had your first appointment yet? I’ll have to check on the other thread. Job is going okay for now. I am still checking postings and have a couple more I may apply for this weekend. Thanks for the eagle pose! I’m so ready for a BFP, but I’m trying not get my hopes up.

Lizzy, crossing my fingers for you that you get a sticky BFP! That would be a great birthday present! I hope the clomid and progesterone do the trick!

amc, oh I didn’t realize your wedding wasn’t until the end of November. For some reason I thought it was in October. That must be Thanksgiving weekend? That sounds like a nice time to get married. Definitely get some OPKs if it is driving you crazy. Who doesn’t love to POAS? : )

Oh and amc and S&I, I have that same thought on a regular basis. I always think of them as much larger than they really are too and cartoonish, which makes it even more disturbing!

No updates for me. Just hanging out at 5dpo. Anyone other than Lizzy and me in the 2WW? Sending fertile vibes to all of you! (well except Clairitek and amc)

MerryMary

Rough_Rock

amc80|1311288638|2974124 said:
MerryMary|1311288446|2974120 said:

It's gross and sort of invasive. I mean if BD twice a week it means you always have some stuff in you. But if that's what it takes, that's what it takes. I also feel slightly sorry for the egg. Poor little thing has been alive as long as you have. Tons of hormonal shifts have to happen in order for just one to ripen and pop...and then she dies in 24 hours. Seems unfair.

Seriously gives a new meaning to the feeling that you are never "actually" alone.... Have to say I had never given much thought to my egg's perspective, but now I have a new appreciation for it.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Have you guys seen The Great Sperm Race? It's on Yutube. It's pretty long, like 6 or 7 parts. But it's hilarious. It basically has people who are the sperm and shows you, in life size, what they have to go through to make it to the egg.

monkeyprincess said:
amc, oh I didn’t realize your wedding wasn’t until the end of November. For some reason I thought it was in October. That must be Thanksgiving weekend? That sounds like a nice time to get married. Definitely get some OPKs if it is driving you crazy. Who doesn’t love to POAS? : )

Nope, and it feels like forever from now. It is Thanksgiving weekend. Everyone is flying out the day after T-day and then the wedding is Sunday morning...about 32 out of 40 are then boarding the cruise. It should be a blast :)

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

amc, hopefully your cycle will normalize soon. How exciting that your wedding is coming up soon - are you all ready on the wedding front? I just saw that you were expecting the delivery of your beautiful dress today. Any idea when you can get it from Fedex?

Missy, that Wondfo test definitely looks positive to me. Hope you can convince DH to BD tonight, but if not, it looks like you have the previous days covered already. Good luck!

Clairitek, if you get another high temp tomorrow, then you'll know for sure when you Oed, so keeping my fingers crossed for you! I've never been diagnosed with fibroids before, since this was my first ultrasound. I'm not too worried. DH and I plan to just try to time the BDing this cycle, and maybe get a sperm analysis if we still don't conceive.

monkeyprincess, I'm glad your ovarian cyst disappeared all by itself. My cycles have been wonky since I started my last type of BCP because they were the progestin-only type (Jolivette). I was hoping I would return to my previous 28-day cycle, but it's been over 9 months now, so I'm losing hope. My last cycle was 35 days, with O on CD25. The cycle before that was 21 days, and the cycle before that was only 16 days. :shock:

lizzyann, looks like you've also timed your BDing really well this cycle. Hope you get that BFP soon - it'd be a great birthday indeed! You probably already mentioned this earlier, but what is the Prometrium for? I'm only at CD7 today. My period ended the other day, but I haven't noticed any CF yet, so I guess I still have some time? I am glad that both my OB and myself know about the fibroids, but I have to remember not to quickly blame them for any problems. My OB's NP did call me this morning to say that all of the ultrasound images looked good and confirmed that I shouldn't worry about the fibroids at all.

Sending fertile vibes to everyone in the TWW - hope to see some BFPs around here soon!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Hahaha love all this talk about sperm living inside of us...I never really thought about it until now!!

Lizzy - sounds like really good timing with the BDing...sending good vibes your way! I forgot, are you temping?

DH said it wasn't as hot as he thought it would be at work today....so I showed him my OPK from earlier and said "this is why I said last night was a good time to BD, see what these lines look like?" He says ".....Yeah, what about them?" :confused: I said "See how dark they both are" He then says "Oh" so I still don't think he understood what it meant haha. I think I need to lay it all out on the line so he knows what the heck is going on :bigsmile: I think my OPK from tonight doesn't look positive...does that mean something? It was really positive at 1pm, then not so much at 6pm or 9pm. Is that normal for it to get lighter that fast? I'm having like a crampy bloated feeling down in that area.

Hopefully someone gets the BFP train going again!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

quote = lizzyann, looks like you've also timed your BDing really well this cycle. Hope you get that BFP soon - it'd be a great birthday indeed! You probably already mentioned this earlier, but what is the Prometrium for? I'm only at CD7 today. My period ended the other day, but I haven't noticed any CF yet, so I guess I still have some time? I am glad that both my OB and myself know about the fibroids, but I have to remember not to quickly blame them for any problems. My OB's NP did call me this morning to say that all of the ultrasound images looked good and confirmed that I shouldn't worry about the fibroids at all.

S&I, I would start using your OPK's on CD10. For a 28 day cycle you generally O between CD13-CD18, so you don't want to miss it. If I'm using cheapies I generally start using them right after my period ends. Then I can see the fade in. Regarding the prometrium, I have had a rocky road TTC#2. I had 2 losses before my son, and I've had another three losses this year alone trying for #2. Prometrium is a progesterone supplement. It helps keep your progesterone level up which helps in sustaining a pregnancy. So I start using that roughly three days after my positive OPK. When I was pregnant with my son, I continued using it till I was 12 weeks.

I am glad that your NP feels there is no need to worry about the fibroids. That is great news!!!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

Oh lizzyann! I am so sorry for your losses - that must have been so tough for you. I really hope that the prometrium works for you this time, as well as it did for your DS. Sending you tons of sticky vibes this cycle!

I think I will start testing on CD10 like lizzyann suggested. Do most of you ladies test more than once a day? I see that some people get positives on more than one day, while others only get a positive on one day. If you get a positive, how long (hours or days) do you have before you actually O?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock

amc80 - I guess I never thought of it as weird as it all kind of makes since to me. I know a lot about this, so if it is too much info just tell me to stop and I will back off (that goes for all you ladies). Just today at work the nurses (who handle the pos home pregnancy tests in my clinic) were trying to figure out what to do with a woman who had 2 "faint positive" pregnancy tests in a row. Just off the top of my head I told them how to handle it. And I have not taken care of adults in years (although I do care for teens who get into trouble sometimes). As for your wedding, is still pretty far out. I think at the 2 month point is when I made a decision on what to do for OCPs. I was on them at the time, and did 2 packages back to back. I would have been fine for the wedding, but not the honeymoon.

Missy - I love your husbands response to the OPK. The kits actually measures one of the hormones that cause ovulation. Basically what happens is that during the first half of your cycle the hormone goes up slowly. And than in the middle of your cycle it spikes really high, that spike causes the egg to be released. Once that spike happens, the part of your brain that controls your hormones basically says, "that is high enough" and shuts it down, so the hormone level gets really low. You probably caught the "spike," and yes it goes away quickly, but remember, the egg comes out after the spike. So the OPK is a little ahead of what is really happening, which in this case is a good thing.

Lizzyann - hoping for a BFP for you in a couple weeks! I am sorry about all your losses, but I really hope the prometrium helps you.

monkeyprincess - I am kind of waiting on the sidelines too. I got my husband to cut back on caffeine to 8 oz a day, he is not happy, but says he will "do what it takes." BTW does 2WW = two week window????

S&I - I think for the first time, starting the OPK on day 10 is a good idea unless you have shorter cycles (ie 21 day cycles). The fixed part of your cycle is the time between when you O and when your period starts and that is 14 days. So if your are tracking your periods, count back 14 days from your LMP, and you have an idea when you O (hindsight is 20/20). As you figure out what part of your cycle you are ovulating in, you can than test in a smaller window.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results