shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if I''m in the knitting club or not! But I guess I''ll find out soon enough.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 4:02:15 PM
Author: Independent Gal
I don''t know if I''m in the knitting club or not! But I guess I''ll find out soon enough.
Just watch out for The....Return... of ....The...GOOOO!

Coming soon to a vajayjay near you.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 12:11:57 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Hello laaadies. Just wanted to check in to say hello! Not much happening here, just cruisin' along!

Today is supposedly O day, and the o stick agreed somewhat yesterday. Today EWCM, (god, I will NEVER be able to eat an egg white omelet normally again), so that's nice to see I'm on schedule.

Hope all is well with the others here!
LOLOLOLOL!! Did you see the thread below about "Best Eggwhite Omlette Recipes"???!!!?!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 4:13:28 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

Date: 6/4/2008 12:11:57 PM
Hello laaadies. Just wanted to check in to say hello! Not much happening here, just cruisin'' along!

Today is supposedly O day, and the o stick agreed somewhat yesterday. Today EWCM, (god, I will NEVER be able to eat an egg white omelet normally again), so that''s nice to see I''m on schedule.

Hope all is well with the others here!
LOLOLOLOL!! Did you see the thread below about ''Best Eggwhite Omlette Recipes''???!!!?!
ROFL

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
This might be over the line but here it goes
My Egg White Recipe: just add tussin and lots of water. and no caffeine.
21.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
DD, I DID! And I was like, OH GROSS. Ruined. I'm ruined!!!

ETA: Anyone watch Pee Wee Herman's Big Adventure? Remember the part where he is interrogating everyone about where his bike is, and mentions knitting? "They keep knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting..." All in a creepy voice!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 4:47:29 PM
Author: tiffanytwisted
This might be over the line but here it goes
My Egg White Recipe: just add tussin and lots of water. and no caffeine.
21.gif
That sounds.... so gross!
14.gif
LOL!!

I highly agree with lots of water, it has changed my LIFE. Well, one small little tiny part of it anyways.
3.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 4:58:13 PM
DD, I DID! And I was like, OH GROSS. Ruined. I''m ruined!!!

ETA: Anyone watch Pee Wee Herman''s Big Adventure? Remember the part where he is interrogating everyone about where his bike is, and mentions knitting? ''They keep knitting and knitting and knitting and knitting...'' All in a creepy voice!
LOL! I don''t remember that but I can totally picture it... knitting and knitting, that''s all of us! I''ll be joining in the next couple of days. Amver, you and I are on like the SAME cycle.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
DD, we are scarily on the same schedule! I peed on two O-sticks today, and they were PERFECT. I''m amazed about how regulated my cycle is thus far. It almost scares me. And duuude, I will be ovulating July 1st, according to my FF calendar, which was right on this cycle AND last cycle!! Our vacation will be a total yarn gatherer (since the 2ww is knitting!).

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I also saw that Egg White Omelet thread and temporarily got confused.
19.gif

Does anyone know if really short periods indicate anything in particular? Like something about hormone balances, etc? Or should I just feel lucky?

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Hey Amber, BlushingB, and Lovelylulu thanks for the support :) I love having all you girls here to talk to, cause I dont'' want to talk about this stuff with family and friends IRL. It''s too much pressure, ya know? But we''re all sort of on the same page here, so thanks!
2.gif

Lovely I tried the whole angle of "no one is ever 100% ready for kids" on my husband and it didn''t work. Shucks! I know some of the "not ready" thing is our finances, we thought we''d have his car paid off by last January, but things keep coming up and it''s not quite down all the way. But when the car payment is gone then we''ll get our baby savings up. He wants to have plenty of money in savings in case I have a complicated pregancy and have to stop working sooner than expected. I do admire him for all of his concerns. I do have a small wonder that maybe the fact that he''s not quite emotionally ready is keeping us from becoming fincially ready, if you know what I mean. But nevertheless, it''s still more important for us to wait till both of us are ready. After all, he''ll be the one supporting our family finacially and I don''t want him to resent anything, especially a family which is supposed to bring you the most joy. I love my hubby!

Amber you have all the signs pointing to "BD NOW"! Are you following suit? haha, it feels weird asking anyone that, but I guess that''s what the TTC thread is all about. Yay for EWCM and O-ing! I''m cheering on your egg
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 9:55:21 PM
Author: Blenheim
I also saw that Egg White Omelet thread and temporarily got confused.
19.gif

Does anyone know if really short periods indicate anything in particular? Like something about hormone balances, etc? Or should I just feel lucky?
I wondered the same thing a while ago. My periods last about 3 days, with only 1 day of full on red flow and then two more days of very very light flow that hardly even requires a pad. I have always been this way. I did some research and sooooommmmeeetimes it can suggest bad things. But, as we have talked about a lot on this thread, there is a very wide range of "normal" when it comes to women's fertility and cycles. Apparently, normal is anywhere from 2 days to like 6 days. I looked for information on this issue on the TCOYF website and found this thread really interesting. The women has really short period a lot like mine, she was convinced she was having issues, her doctors said, "You are fine!" She didn't believe them. Then she got preggers only 3 months later. Highly recommend reading the thread. ETA: sometimes light periods can suggest you aren't ovulating and it isn't a real period but is anovulatory bleeding, but your charts show that you clearly are, so that is extra evidence suggesting it is normal for you.

Anyways, I suspect it is normal for you, and normal for me, but if you are worried you can always ask your doc. But remember, they don't always know what is normal for women's bodies either
2.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay I don''t know how I found this blog, I was surfing I guess, but it is the cutest ever. This woman and her husband adopted TRIPLET boys from ethiopia and she blogs about their life with them. She is so smart (she''s a PhD) and so well spoken and the blog is full of photos of probably the most gorgeous little boys ever. Plus videos that will crack you up. The posts are in reverse order (starts with most recent) so if you are a nerd like me you can go to the archive and read them in their chronilogical order. Highly recommended next time you are bored!

Ethiopian Tripletland

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the reassurance.
1.gif
I was just wondering because they''ve been getting steadily shorter and this cycle''s was incredibly short. 4 days after I got my IUD out, 2 days for the last few cycles, 36 hrs last cycle, and apparently under 30 hrs this cycle. I''m going through the thread you linked right now.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 2:19:40 AM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1
Just when u thought it couldn''t get any stranger or weirder or grosser (well not that gross)

http://forums.ovusoft.com/tm.asp?m=1242366&p=1&tmode=6

Have you gals temped through your ''vajayjay?''

Some say you get more stable responses.

I don''t temp. but thought it was interesting.
Nope, its oral temping for me! I feel like the oral temp is enough to get me a clear thermal shift, so I"m happy with that.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Blen, I''m in that camp too. Seems like a lot of us are! Hurray for normal being a range!

My temp finally spiked today to 97.7 (.5 degrees above my average low temp). I have ------ type cross-hairs on day 16, when I thought it was. So all is probably well in that department.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 8:15:39 AM
Blen, I''m in that camp too. Seems like a lot of us are! Hurray for normal being a range!

My temp finally spiked today to 97.7 (.5 degrees above my average low temp). I have ------ type cross-hairs on day 16, when I thought it was. So all is probably well in that department.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I know how you must feel Indy, such a relief, I''m so happy for you!

TCOYF says that some women''s bodies are slower to show a temp spike in response to the progesterone than others. This is normal, and only really poses problems if you are using FAM as a method of birth control (since you would need to abstain until you show the clear shift).

My temp is still low today, and I am happy to report that I have FULL ON EWCM this morning. This is the most I have ever had, and I am very relieved. So far this month I have had 5 whole days of fertile CF, with the last two to three days being fairly profuse (for me). Last month I had only 2 days of scanty fertile CF.

This month I did a coupld things a little differently: I drank a tonne of water (at least 8oz per hour), and I assessed my CF using 2 fingers. This latter technique is really necessary to sample EWCF since it is slippery and one finger can''t "catch" it. So if you *think* you have no EWCF, you may just be the type where it hangs out up by your cervix--where it really needs to be anyways--so you may want to try the 2 finger technique. Yes, they both will fit
2.gif
LOL! I also think my body is just getting more healthy and hopefully preducing more estrogen so I will have a nice strong ovulation and a longer LP. We shall see!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I would just like to report that yesterday DH brought me a huge arrangement of pretty blue and purple flowers because he knew I was sad about my mom. Then he took me for dinner since it was my night to cook.

Maybe that's what made my temp spike. You know, cause my heart got even warmer.

Sorry for the cheeeeeeese!
14.gif
But I really love my sweet husband. He is the best.
30.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Amber, I was looking at your chart you posted a couple pages back, and noticed that if you ignore the OPK results, your temps suggest that you O'd on CD-15, not CD-12. Also, your chart says you had EWCM up until CD-14, which would also make sense if you O'd on CD 15. I only mention it because if you BD only going by the OPKs, which could be wrong, then it is possible you wouldn't BD in the most fertile times--the 2 days before O. FF seems to have given you cross-hairs based only on the OPKs, but if you remove the OPK data, I bet it will move the O date. I'm not saying ignore the OPKs, just saying that when you really really want to TTC, be sure to keep BDing until ALL your fertility signs suggest that O took place--so don't stop until you get the thermal shift and your CF dries up. I'd hate to se eyou miss the window based only on the OPK results!

Indy: that is so lovely! That's why we have them around... because they can be so sweet!

This morning I was assessing my CF and it was so good looking I said, "Hubby, come in here! Wanna see something gross?" He said, "Of course!" and came in and checked it out. He thought it was gross but also really cool, because he knows what it means.
10.gif
He said, "So we should have sex tonight, right? Right?"

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
oh my gosh! that triplet blog may possibly be the cutest thing that i have ever seen. i just had to close it or else i would have spent HOURS over there. just too adorable - and the attitude of the parents. i can only hope to have their energy.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Indy, that''s so sweet of your husband!

DD, yeah, I''m totally agreeing with you, and I actually had EWCM that day and the day before, so I''m getting clearer on it all. This month, just like last month, the EWCM showed up the night before the suspected O'' date (not last night, but the night before), as well as continuing throughout the day (and so far, this am). It''s crazy, since I tried the OPK a few days between O and nothing. I tried it again last night, and two dark lines. I get excited when I see lines. So sad. According to FF, I should be O''ing July 1st, based on current data, and we get in the 28th of June, and stick around (ha) until the 5th. I think that gives us plenty of time to work at it.
9.gif

Man, I am SO tired. I just never seem to get enough sleep, I''m not tired when I go to bed, but I have to force myself to go to bed at a normal time.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Those kids ARE crazy cute. Ethiopians and Somalis are the very best looking people on earth.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s me during the 1WW:

CrazyKnitter.jpg

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Things got a little out of control entering the 2WW:

KnitTV.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 11:48:08 AM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1
Things got a little out of control entering the 2WW:
LOL! Lisa, you crazy!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 12:22:51 PM
20.gif
We are silly ladies!
Who are you calling a lady??

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 1:24:41 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Date: 6/5/2008 12:22:51 PM

20.gif
We are silly ladies!

Who are you calling a lady??

Yeah! According to the bag boy at my local Albertsons, I''m MA''AM.
41.gif

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
Yay!!! My new insurance card just came in the mail... guess I was approved
1.gif

DH will be happy that I''m no longer afraid of him and his boys
2.gif

Still, we wont try til next month, but it is good to know that I would be covered in case of a mis-calculation of my chart.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results