clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 2:12:23 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 6/3/2008 2:04:28 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Thanks TT! The time difference was pretty small (less than an hour?) so hopefully it doesn''t mean much. Plus, the time was EARLIER rather than later.

If my temp doesn''t get much higher, I read that that''s an indication of low progesterone. So I''ll call the doc if it stays this way till the end of the cycle.

Indy, your temps are completely in the normal range even after O, even if they are at the lower end of things. Mine were on the lower end too right after O, don''t worry just yet!
Ditto. Looks like a clear pattern to me! See what happens with a few more temps.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Phew! I''m normal! I''m normal!

Still, I''ll feel better if it goes up a little more.
3.gif

I was looking at charts on FF and it seems that most peoples'' move around a lot more. I guess I''m just an even temp-ered sort of gal. HAHA. OK, sorry.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 3:07:25 PM
Phew! I'm normal! I'm normal!

Still, I'll feel better if it goes up a little more.
3.gif

I was looking at charts on FF and it seems that most peoples' move around a lot more. I guess I'm just an even temp-ered sort of gal. HAHA. OK, sorry.
Could be your thermometer! My old one was not very sensitive so my chart looked very "flat line". Since I switched I have a lot more variance.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
But it''s brand new! And BBT specific one. Maybe I''ll try a different brand.

BTW, I''ll get a pic of me in that Alberta Ferretti dress and Valentino heels for y''all SOMEday. I''m not sure what we did with the digital camera but we have to find it before our honeymoon on Saturday anyway!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 4:04:18 PM
But it''s brand new! And BBT specific one. Maybe I''ll try a different brand.

BTW, I''ll get a pic of me in that Alberta Ferretti dress and Valentino heels for y''all SOMEday. I''m not sure what we did with the digital camera but we have to find it before our honeymoon on Saturday anyway!
Mine was too! But I switched brands and from my experiments I find that my new one is much more sensitive... although they are both calibrated similarly (i.e., pick up increases and decreases in temperature) my old one seems to be less nuanced.

Maybe you are just dead and that''s why your temps are somewhat flat?? Have you been to the doctor to check that? I have read that death can really mess up your temps, that''s what all the research says.

3.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Wow. That''s depressing. And I just got married too.
38.gif
I guess I better check that.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, IG, I bet deadness will really impact your fertility. What a shame. Can I have your shoes?

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
IG get on those photos.

A couple of months ago, I actually picked up a BBT from CVS and dabbled in temping, but found that particular them. was pretty worthless. I scraped the entire temping approach, but I wonder if anyone has a recommendation for a *good* brand if in the future I want to re-start the process...

in non-TTC-related news - - I''m so relieved, I was recently asked to help out on a project at work and it''s really interesting, but I didn''t realize that it could potentially conflict with a good friends wedding (this weekend). i had already bought tickets and was fearful that i might have to send my DH on ahead and catch up with everyone on saturday morning, but i''ve been given a reprieve and now i have a far more reasonable amount of time to get this done. all that means is that on thursday evening i''ll be headed up to NY (where I grew up) for a nice mini-vacation/college roommate wedding.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Sorry Amber! My shoes are being buried with me.

OK, thermometer experiment. I went out and bought 2 more. One in ear, one in mouth. In ear gives WILDLY different readings each time. Definitely going back to the store.

In mouth gave a difference of .25F higher than the one I already have, then a few minutes later it gave .08F lower.

Uhm. OK. Weird.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
You ladies want to share what brand you use?

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
I bought one at Target, I think it''s the Target brand.
Before that I had bought one at Walgreen''s, but the battery went dead and I broke it trying to get the cover off to replace the battery!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
IG, I have no idea which one mine is, but it''s from CVS and purple!
1.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! I had to stop in and give my update. If things had gone according to plan this would have been my 2nd week off BC and there could have been a chance that I'd be ovulating soon, but sadly I'm still on the BC.
7.gif
DH still doesn't feel ready for a baby yet and so we're still waiting. I guess our June timeline just came too fast
3.gif
Anyways, I was of course very bummed that weren't going to start TTC but I still knew it's best to wait till we're both on board. Man it's hard to handle all these female hormones though, just last night I had an embarassing cry-fest to him, but it all turned out for the best and I'm feeling very good about it again. All I want is for him to be excited about having a baby every step of the way and he promised me that when the time is right he will be very excited about it all ! So I'm just waiting for that time... At least I know it will be before we turn 30
20.gif
He told me he just read a study that says researchers now believe that not only do eggs decline in quality over time, but sperm also start to be of lesser quality after the age of 30. So lets see, I'll have a baby some time in the next 2-1/2 years! yea.. that's going to be a fun wait. We'll see, maybe he'll even be ready by the end of summer, who knows.

So I'm sending out any TTC dust that I was reserving for me back out to all of you! haha! enjoy the good times and make those babies
36.gif

ETA: Oh! and Amber that is so cool you guys are spending a week in Kauai! I loved it there. We also honeymooned there, but stayed on the south shore, Poipu. I think you'll love Princeville though. Kauai is a lot more laid back than I imagined, just be sure to eat dinner before all the restaurants close
2.gif
I hope your O date falls during your trip, that would be awesome.

One plus side of my story tonight - as we were planning on TTC this month we had made arrangments for a "baby-making trip" this month! So even though we won't be making a baby, we still get to go on our trip since it's already booked! So we're off to the Caymans where I'll snorkle and dive till I forget all about making a baby!
9.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 6:47:52 PM
Sorry Amber! My shoes are being buried with me.

OK, thermometer experiment. I went out and bought 2 more. One in ear, one in mouth. In ear gives WILDLY different readings each time. Definitely going back to the store.

In mouth gave a difference of .25F higher than the one I already have, then a few minutes later it gave .08F lower.

Uhm. OK. Weird.
With such small increments it seems like the two thermometers are pretty much the same. One thing to remember is that TCOYF suggests only recording fahrenheit temps to the nearest 1/10th of a degree. Getting into the 1/100ths is probably introducing too much error. Since you have been using one thermometer all month INDY, you should probably stick with the old one until the end of the cycle so that there is mechanical continuity in your data collection method. I think that your temp will keep rising the next few days and then all is good. TCOYF says that all you need is a temp shift of around 2/10th F to qualify for O! And they specifically mention that some women only see a 1/10th shift pre to post O!

Did you try entering your data into the TCOYF software to see if it gives you a cover line and O day? Many women on the TCOYF website comment on how they get very different results from the two software programmes, so it would be interesting to see if your data garners an O day in their software.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Good news here! I am, in fact, insured! Apparently, even though I did it six months later (they said I could only do it within the month after the wedding), I qualified as a life change, and I''ve been insured as of June 1st! Soooo... this means I''m free to be fertile! And as today is our 7 month married anniversary, we''ll give it a shot, but if we end up waiting until next month that would be fine, too. I noticed we will be in Kauai for our 8 month anniversary, so that''s awesome!!

Sunkist, sorry you''re back on boy-time.
8.gif
Isn''t it funny, all those LIW months, then we get the ring, and we''re back to waiting for them! Oh well, when he''s ready, it will all be worth it. Thanks for the tip on dinner before the places close! Living in LA, I''m so used to things being open at all hours! We get in pretty late, so I guess I''ll have to find a place that''s open late!

Oh, also, EWCM today. Eeeew.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Amber. I know, I totally feel like I should be listing my name on a "TTC waiting list". I wonder how long that one would be??
41.gif
hehe. Boys are slow, but it''s not bad. It''s just going to be sooo sweet when we get there. ahhh. waiting, waiting. Meanwhile I think the pregnancy/baby blog will tide me over with all the cute munchkin pics that keep going up!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Good Morning Ladies!

IG - I can't remember what brand I have, but I got it at a little pharmacy in NYC. I've never seen a BBT for your ear - I know it would make sense that they're out there somewhere, but I've just never seen one. Interesting...

Lovely - so glad that you're able to head-up to NY on Thurs. for your friend's wedding. It would've been a pain in the butt to fly up on Sat. and rush around to catch up with everyone. Sounds like it's going to be a fun weekend for you! Did you go to college in NY as well?

Sunkist - sorry to hear you'll have to put TTCing on hold for bit longer. It's frustrating when you have a plan mapped out in your head and you have your heart set on something and then have rearrange things. But, you're right....it's better to have DH on board 100% when the time comes because you'll need all the help and support you can get from him.
5.gif
Don't be a stranger on this thread and let us know how things are progressing. In the meantime, have an awesome time in the Cayman Islands - my sister and her DH went there last summer on vacation and had a great time!

Amber - I've never been to Kauai, but I did spend my honeymoon in Maui and absolutely fell in love. Hawaii is like heaven on earth in my opinion - it's absolute paradise! You'll have a wonderful time - definitely take lots of pics!
36.gif
DH and I are gearing up for our big Italy/Croatia trip coming up on July 3rd...I am sooooooo freaken excited to explore Europe, go to the beach and just get away for 2 weeks.
10.gif
I'm assuming there will be lots of TTCing on your vacation???
31.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 12:29:57 AM
Author: AmberWaves
Good news here! I am, in fact, insured! Apparently, even though I did it six months later (they said I could only do it within the month after the wedding), I qualified as a life change, and I've been insured as of June 1st! Soooo... this means I'm free to be fertile! And as today is our 7 month married anniversary, we'll give it a shot, but if we end up waiting until next month that would be fine, too. I noticed we will be in Kauai for our 8 month anniversary, so that's awesome!!

Sunkist, sorry you're back on boy-time.
8.gif
Isn't it funny, all those LIW months, then we get the ring, and we're back to waiting for them! Oh well, when he's ready, it will all be worth it. Thanks for the tip on dinner before the places close! Living in LA, I'm so used to things being open at all hours! We get in pretty late, so I guess I'll have to find a place that's open late!

Oh, also, EWCM today. Eeeew.
How exciting! Remember, to optimize your chances of conception you want to BD every day you have goo (as Indy calls it
2.gif
), ideally BDing the two days before O and the day of O!

FYI everyone, I tried a miraculous method of increaseing CM and it worked like a charm... wanna know what it is? It's a big secret and very mysterious. Water. Drink lots and lots of water. I was drinking at least 8 oz per hour yesterday and noticed a big increase in CM.

I think I will O today or tomorrow. Temps still below coverline, but CM is getting watterier.

PPS: went to see Sex and the City last night, loved it. It's only for real fans of the show, the rest won't probably enjoy it much.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock

morning all,

amber- being insured must be such a huge relief and i''ve heard a little something about low stress and making babies
2.gif
9.gif
. Good luck and lots of baby dust. plus happy anniversary.

sunkist - you are so right in thinking that it''ll be best to have both of you on the same page in terms of TTC. Though in all honesty, the one time we thought that we *might* have been pregnant, I was having all kinds of second thoughts - is this really happening?!? -- are we truly ready for parenthood?!?? doubt and uncertainty are so natural to feel during this process, so while I am in no way telling you to push your man to a place he doesn''t want to go, I do think that it coud be helpful to reassure him that his feelings are normal...and that he may never feel 100% ready.

and considering that both DH and I turned 30 we better get cracking before our eggs and sperm just putter out.

blushing- i actually went to school in north carolina and then graduate school in new orleans. are you from NY? I am seriously thrilled that I''ll be able to get a mini-getaway. plus, my grandma who is by far the most incredible woman i''ve ever known is 93 and just starting to have some more serious health issues. i flew up two weeks ago to spend some quality time with her and extended this visit for the same reason. i''m relieved not to have to miss seeing her.

IG - interesting thermometer experiment. give an update if you ever find one that works well!

DD- i am such not a water drinker. i''m simply not a thirsty person, but perhaps i''ll try to add an extra cup or so from now on.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 9:33:45 AM
Author: lovelylulu

morning all,

amber- being insured must be such a huge relief and i''ve heard a little something about low stress and making babies
2.gif
9.gif
. Good luck and lots of baby dust. plus happy anniversary.

sunkist - you are so right in thinking that it''ll be best to have both of you on the same page in terms of TTC. Though in all honesty, the one time we thought that we *might* have been pregnant, I was having all kinds of second thoughts - is this really happening?!? -- are we truly ready for parenthood?!?? doubt and uncertainty are so natural to feel during this process, so while I am in no way telling you to push your man to a place he doesn''t want to go, I do think that it coud be helpful to reassure him that his feelings are normal...and that he may never feel 100% ready.

and considering that both DH and I turned 30 we better get cracking before our eggs and sperm just putter out.

blushing- i actually went to school in north carolina and then graduate school in new orleans. are you from NY? I am seriously thrilled that I''ll be able to get a mini-getaway. plus, my grandma who is by far the most incredible woman i''ve ever known is 93 and just starting to have some more serious health issues. i flew up two weeks ago to spend some quality time with her and extended this visit for the same reason. i''m relieved not to have to miss seeing her.

IG - interesting thermometer experiment. give an update if you ever find one that works well!

DD- i am such not a water drinker. i''m simply not a thirsty person, but perhaps i''ll try to add an extra cup or so from now on.

LuLu, I am usually also terrible about drinking enough water. To make it more likely I will drink it I bought nice bottles of good tasting water and keep them super cold, and I drink one every few hours. I am forcing myself to drink it in the interest of goo production, and like I said, it seems to work. Apparently the CM is super important for conception, it is the life-support for the spermies and it protects them from the evil death trap acid that usually dominates the vajayjay. Are you TTC this month Lulu? I can''t remember... if so, where are you in your cycle? (what a strange question
3.gif
)

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
our *official* TTC date is July - Right now i''m on day 21 and waiting. Sometime in middish-June we''ll have to decide whether we want to throw caution to the wind or hold out...

only time will tell

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hello laaadies. Just wanted to check in to say hello! Not much happening here, just cruisin'' along!

Today is supposedly O day, and the o stick agreed somewhat yesterday. Today EWCM, (god, I will NEVER be able to eat an egg white omelet normally again), so that''s nice to see I''m on schedule.

Hope all is well with the others here!

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
D_ _ N IT !! DD - now u got me hooked on TCOYF!

I even started charting a little. You can even "stalk" my chart over there!

Can''t do temps b/c I wake up all over the place w/ Olivia!!

She only woke up 1 time for teeth issues last night but the night before was horrendous - 3 times and needed orajel!

In the dreaded KC/2WW.

Haven''t POAS and just waitin'' around
20.gif

Hope alls well in the TTC hood.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hiya Gals,

Can't seem to download ovusoft to my mac... hm...

My chart is still a little wonky and FF won't confirm or deny. So I figure we just keep our attention focused on the F-statistic and whatever happens happens.

Next month, if things stay clockwork-y, our fun 'fruitful' times will coincide with a visit to my dad and grammy. Not really conducive to romance. The month after, I'll be going to stay with my mom for a while... not sure how long yet... because she has to have a tumor removed from a gland near her heart. It's a rare form of cancer that has a very good prognosis (90%) but the surgery is dangerous because it's so close to her lungs and heart. DH wants to come with me, but I think it would stress my mom out to have too many people around.

So, I guess it would be convenient if it worked this month. Plus, that'd give my mom something to be excited about.

Shame you don't get to choose!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 12:20:59 PM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1
D_ _ N IT !! DD - now u got me hooked on TCOYF!

I even started charting a little. You can even ''stalk'' my chart over there!

Can''t do temps b/c I wake up all over the place w/ Olivia!!

She only woke up 1 time for teeth issues last night but the night before was horrendous - 3 times and needed orajel!

In the dreaded KC/2WW.

Haven''t POAS and just waitin'' around
20.gif

Hope alls well in the TTC hood.
LOL!! It is so addictive this charting business! I acutally downloaded the TCOYF charting software and I must admit that I muc hprefer it to fertility friend. It lets you input a little more information, and it gives you a cover line IN ADVANCE of O day, absed on previous months and your current highest temp in the previous 6. So you can geta really good idea of when you hit the BIG O without having to wait 3 days for FF to give you the line. And it has prettier graphics.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 1:33:28 PM
Hiya Gals,

Can''t seem to download ovusoft to my mac... hm...

My chart is still a little wonky and FF won''t confirm or deny. So I figure we just keep our attention focused on the F-statistic and whatever happens happens.

Next month, if things stay clockwork-y, our fun ''fruitful'' times will coincide with a visit to my dad and grammy. Not really conducive to romance. The month after, I''ll be going to stay with my mom for a while... not sure how long yet... because she has to have a tumor removed from a gland near her heart. It''s a rare form of cancer that has a very good prognosis (90%) but the surgery is dangerous because it''s so close to her lungs and heart. DH wants to come with me, but I think it would stress my mom out to have too many people around.

So, I guess it would be convenient if it worked this month. Plus, that''d give my mom something to be excited about.

Shame you don''t get to choose!
Indy I''m so sorry for what your mom has to go through, but such a good prognosis is really good news! That''s great that you can go stay with her. Social support is so important for overcoming illness. And I know this sounds strange, but do a google on Turmeric (the spice) and cancer. It is apparently an amazing anti-cancer "drug", actual research suggests this, and my grandpa has been taking it for the last 5 years since he was diagnosed with metastastic melanoma (the worst type). His cancer has not grown of affected him in all that time and who knows, maybe it was the turmeric?? It has no side effects as it is a common food in many parts of the world, which incidentally have very low rates of many cancers too.

As for your wonky-woo cycle, ignore FF and just keep BDing and charting. It is possible you did not actually O yet, and so things may become clear in another couple of weeks, or it may become clearer that you did O. Only time will tell, right? Your CM will probably give you a good idea since if it becomes the sahara in there, then you can probably give it a rest
2.gif
. But if you do see a return of the goo, get busy again!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
The Return of the Goo.

Haha.

It''s funny to think how freaked out I was by goo when I was a teen. No one ever explained to me what it was. And now I''m all ''Hurray! It''s goo!''

Life is weird.

Thanks for the good wishes for my mom. I don''t think my parents are ready to say the ''c'' word. They are still calling it a cyst, even though the term the doctor used to describe it is decidedly the name of a cancer from the reading I''ve been doing. It kind of took her off guard because they found it while doing the routine breast cancer check. Apparently, 30% of people with this cancer don''t have any symptoms and it''s found inadvertently through some form of chest x-ray or test for something else.

Anyway, I just found out this morning so I''m a little ''Wha?'' But I''m trying to keep things in perspective. There is every chance, if the surgery goes well, that mom will have no lasting effects at all, except the scar on her chest. And frankly, she looks so damn hot in a bikini (aged 60, post 3 kids) that it''s doubtful anyone will be looking at her scar! Most people don''t even need chemo, apparently.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh, IG, I''m sorry about your mom''s struggle, but thank goodness for the good prognosis. My dad also takes Turmeric, just because he heard it''s good for all sorts of things.
1.gif

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Indy-So sorry to hear about your mom. I''m glad the prognosis is good.

DD- I checked out the TCOYF boards. Lisa''s right, they are addictive. ALthough some of them were depressing (people trying for years). I may have to convert my chart over there and see which one I prefer. Hopefully we won''t need to chart too much longer!

Lisa-I hear you on the KC. 1 week in, 1 week to go.

Amber-Totally agree with you on the egg white omelet. I was baking something that called for egg whites and I was totally grossed out by that.
So turmeric is good for all sorts of things huh. Very interesting. Maybe we should all try that. (at this point, I''m open to just about anything.)hee-hee

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Indy - so sorry about your mom. Stay positive!! My thoughts are with you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results