shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

So I know its too early to tell and this probably means nothing, but damn do I feel like CRAP! And its not just this post nasal drip cold thing I've got going on. I feel like if I wanted to, I could just barf up my whole breakfast (yummy mcdonalds oatmeal!). Im holding it down, but jeeeez. I hope it isn't the flu...I got my flu vaccine and haven't had flu in years.....in fact can't remember ever having it.

MTG: is there a reason you haven't taken a test? If you're late, id be taking a test.

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock

thinking good thoughts for you Charbie!

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock

Merry Christmas to everyone here~~ :love:

Scarlet- sorry about the PCOS diagnosis!!!! Hang in there! I heard that a lot of people respond really well to clomid but like I said earlier it didn't work on me and I just felt ahem dry down there (sorry TMI)!! Are you seeing an RE? I'm so so sorry about all the pesky questions!! It's so weird because I'm super sensitive to that to even when my friends are just joking about it. I haven't actually told anyone in real life that I'm TTC but I think people have a feeling. I also work in this large company (3000+ people) and most are women so I see about half a dozen pregnant people everyday and it's not that I'm not happy for them it can just get kind of old. :knockout:

Makingthegrade- good luck on the possible xmas present!

Charbs- Thinking of you and the little bean!

LC- I have no preference really. I've had mutliple female nurses and I found a midwife that was really gentle during the pap smear but I didn't really like her personality haha! My RE is male but he hasn't been part of any physical procedure of any kind.

Rose- Nice to have you here! :wavey:

~~
As for me, still no + OPK yet!! I think I finally came and accepted that this may not be the cycle for me. I'm calling my RE on the 27th and I think they'll probably induce AF and talk about the next step. Has anyone heard of Femara not working for one cycle and working the next with the exact same dosage or do you think I may have to amp it uo to 7.5 mg and/or add a trigger? I figured, if they're going to add injectibles in the mix, I may as well add IUI. But this is all speculation right now so we'll see!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Fab sort to hear the femara didn't work out this cycle. I don't know anything about it, but does it make sense to try a second time or do the doctors start mixing "cocktails"? Thinking of you.

Charbie, yuck yuck yuck on the icky feeling. I hope it gets better for you. And I'm hoping that your marathon will yields some good results next week.

welcome MTG. Did you ready yet? I'm hoping you have the best christmas present ever.

I haven't tried using wondo's but I think mrs. charbie has.

Thanks ladies for the input on the doctors. I've never had to go to a separate gyn, so I wasn't sure how I'd feel about having a male doctor. But I dunno I guess we'll se what happens. My physicians group seems to rotate their OBs. I dunno know if this means they'll rotate though the whole pregnancy, like I won't have my own doctor, but a pool of doctors. Or if it's just for delivery day. That makes more sense, right? I'm totally getting ahead of myself, though.

Just a little "aw" story. DH and I were walking to the subway to the airport today. And I was complaining how holiday travel is the worst. Then he said, "Just think, if everything goes according to plan, our bevy Christmas flight we might have a little person with us." Aw.

WhatsOldisNew

Rough_Rock

Scarlet, Thanks for the link! I'm really really crossing my fingers for you that you get pregnant easily - whether that's with or without medical intervention.

Charbie, Whoops! I guess my sticky dust was a little premature. Or maybe, just maybe, I'm a little psychic. ;)) Let's hope so, anyway. I am sorry you're feeling ill, but perhaps it's for a GOOD reason! :bigsmile: My DH was just telling me that his coworkers love McDonald's oatmeal. Is it delicious?

LC, I have had both male and female OB/GYNs, and I feel very strongly that it is important to go to a good doctor, no matter their sex. I think a lot of people choose female gynecologists because they feel more comfortable - which is understandable, it's a personal preference - but I would hate to see someone choose a mediocre or even lousy female doctor over an excellent male doctor [or a mediocre male over an excellent female]. Ideally, one would have a doctor who has great clinical skills, great bedside manner, and the ability to make his or her patients feel comfortable and well taken care of. I happen to value great clinical skills over the others, BUT I have also left practices where I felt rushed or like the doctor wasn't listening to me or meeting my emotional needs. As to male or female, however, I don't have a preference.

Welcome to the thread MTG! It's great to have you here and I hope you have a short stay, Ms. One Day Late!

FabCrab, sorry you haven't gotten a positive OPK yet. As I've mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread, I have kind of a love-hate relationship with OPKs. They can be so tricky to interpret and just plain difficult to use. Unfortunately, I do not know much about Femara, so I am not of much help to you. But I am thinking of you and hoping you ovulate soon!

As for me, DH and I had a long, serious talk this morning about timing of having a baby and what that will mean for my/our future. It is hard to know what the right decision is for us, but DH is on board with whatever I choose. I want to have a baby soon, but I realize this will involve sacrifices career-wise, yet it is impossible to know exactly how things will pan out. On the other hand, I am nearing my mid-thirties and worry that if I wait too long it will be harder to get pregnant and I will regret not having done so sooner. We both know that we very much want children, and ultimately I would regret not having children more than I would regret not advancing in my career. These are all things we have talked about before, but it was nice to make sure that we are still on the same page, and to have talked through all the possibilities and our feelings on them [ad nauseum].

Happy Holidays, TTC ladies!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for the kind welcome!

Hmm..you know I never really gave much thought to the gender of my Obgyn. I've worked with both professionally and can't say I have remember having much of a preference (sure, I preferred certain individuals over others, but not on gender lines). I think some people find having a group of Obs a little disconcerting, but I don't I'll mind personally. Hopefully I'd get to meet all the docs at one point, but if the person who ends up delivering my baby is new, I think that's ok by me. I'd rather have someone fresh and sharp with their mind on the task at hand than someone I just woke up at 3 am from home, who is dreaming of going back to bed (and who could blame them). Although I do think with the group system you have to be more firm and more clear about your birth plan if there are personal aspects you feel strongly about, not because they won't care or understand, but just because they might forget.
'
WhatsOldisNew: I hope you let us know what your decision is! My aunt actually recently had a beautiful baby girl at the age of 42, both mom and baby are happy and healthy, but she does say she wishes she started earlier as she feels like she doesn't have enough energy. Haha, I told her all new moms probably feel pretty tired and run down with a new born, regardless of their age. I've also had concerns about mixing career with a baby, I have an ambitious and competitive streak in me. But I imagined my life 5-10 years down the road, and I could imagine myself happy with a child and without a promotion/title, but imagining life without a child but with a big promotion just didn't give me the same warm and fuzzies. DH and I have enough to support a family right now as it is, anything extra would be frosting on the cake. But what's the point of having delicious cake if the only one I can share it with is DH, and he doesn't even like sweets! :nono:

Happy holidays to all the TTC ladies! Hope the holidays bring good news all around!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Charbie, I am hoping that the "feeling like crap" is a good sign for you!!! I will tell you that when I was pregnant, the first sign I was pregnant was I felt like crap and my bb's were VERY sore. Way more sore than normal sore, know what I mean? And all three times I got pregnant those were my first clues that yes baby was on board! Wishing you luck!!!

LC - with regards to the whole rotation of ob/gyn's, many offices run it differently so definitely ask a lot of questions so that you get an office that you are comfortable with for annual exams and for pregnancy. i will tell you how my office runs. I have a main Dr., who is my go to guy for all annual exams issues etc. But when I was pregnant, for all office visits, I would see all of the Dr's, because when I went into labor, I would get whomever is on call. This way I get to meet all of the Dr's in the practice and they get to become familiar with me and my labor plan. The Dr's are on call on rotation so this way you always get a well rested Dr. to deliver your baby, which is a good thing in my opinion. I also liked the fact that I got to meet them all ahead of time so that I got to know there style a little before the big day! My main Dr. did not end up delivering my son, but he came to visit me after the birth. Good Luck to you!! And your DH is so sweet. Isn't it nice to see the softer side of our men!

To all of the ladies that have been discussing career and babies and such. I'll tell you this....I was a career girl, college educated, making good money, and traveling lots for work. I always felt I would have kids and go back to work. But when my son came, all plans changed. I wanted to stay home. Luckily, financially this was doable. But I never in a million years thought my full time job would be wiping boogers and changing diapers! But I love it! Anyways, my point is that you will figure out a plan that works for you and your family whether you go back to work full/part time, or you stay at home. Priorities change when your holding your little one for the first time! And it is a nice feeling!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I really really want to POAS but I promised DH I wouldn't till I got back home. He wants to be there too for the result, lol. I think it's a little silly since I'll be in china for another 10 days, and if I'm 2 weeks late by the time I get home, then we likely both know what the stick will say!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Oh man I give you credit MTG, because I don't think I could resist taking the test! What a good girl you are!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Career and kids There is no good time for a woman with a career that she cares about to have kids. Period. So if you want them, you cannot plan them around your career. You have them and then make it work. That is my two cents!

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock

Dreamer_D|1293341282|2806100 said:
Career and kids There is no good time for a woman with a career that she cares about to have kids. Period. So if you want them, you cannot plan them around your career. You have them and then make it work. That is my two cents!

Dreamer,

I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this point. Perhaps there is never a perfect time, but depending on the career, there are certainly better times than others. For instance, in my field (law) some time between 4-6 years into your career or after 9 years is the best time to have a child. If you work at a law firm, your first few years can be brutal. Even supposing you took the 12 weeks allowed in the US, you would likely be working 60-80 hour weeks once you returned. You are also completely at the mercy of more senior lawyers as far as your schedule and have relatively few options outside the firm at this point as you don't have enough experience to be considered for legal positions within a company. During years 4-6, you have more control over your schedule, but you also aren't so senior that you have to worry about being promoted to partner. If you are going to make partner (which is similar to having tenure), that usually happens after 9-10 years. Once you've made partner your job is safe, so a lot of women choose to have kids at this point (although at a bare minimum you would be 35 at this point, assuming you went to law school straight out of college. This track is very standard in my field, I'd say that 80% of the female attorneys I know with kids had them between years 4-6 or after year 9. I imagine that there are similar standard career trajectories in other fields that would make certain times much easier than others to have a baby.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

NovemberBride|1293346526|2806132 said:
Dreamer_D|1293341282|2806100 said:

Dreamer,

I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this point. Perhaps there is never a perfect time, but depending on the career, there are certainly better times than others. For instance, in my field (law) some time between 4-6 years into your career or after 9 years is the best time to have a child. If you work at a law firm, your first few years can be brutal. Even supposing you took the 12 weeks allowed in the US, you would likely be working 60-80 hour weeks once you returned. You are also completely at the mercy of more senior lawyers as far as your schedule and have relatively few options outside the firm at this point as you don't have enough experience to be considered for legal positions within a company. During years 4-6, you have more control over your schedule, but you also aren't so senior that you have to worry about being promoted to partner. If you are going to make partner (which is similar to having tenure), that usually happens after 9-10 years. Once you've made partner your job is safe, so a lot of women choose to have kids at this point (although at a bare minimum you would be 35 at this point, assuming you went to law school straight out of college. This track is very standard in my field, I'd say that 80% of the female attorneys I know with kids had them between years 4-6 or after year 9. I imagine that there are similar standard career trajectories in other fields that would make certain times much easier than others to have a baby.

My opinion is based on the necessity of changing these norms, which is something I think needs to happen for women to ever be represented equally in feilds like law, medicine, and academe. I am a professor, and in my field as well if you want to have kids when itis "safe" you wait until after tenure. And that means you are at least 35. And for years that is what women did and for years it scared many women away from the feild.

The fact is that is these high status fields, the career trajectory is completely incompatible with a woman's child rearing years. The time when you career is on the upward swing and you need to put in the most hours is when you are 25 to 35, and that is also the optimal time to have kids for most women. So women feel they have to choose between having kids or havign their career, and that stinks. And it does not have to be that way.

In my area things are starting to change and women are having kids prior to tenure. And with that the norms are indeed changing.

I suppose not everyone wants to be the first to buck the trends. But I do believe that having kids should be based on personal decisions, not professional. Obviously, not everyone will agree!

WhatsOldisNew

Rough_Rock

MTG, you are a patient one. I think you should test, and only tell us the results. Then you can test again when you are back home with DH. :bigsmile: What he doesn't know won't hurt him, right? What happens in China stays in China. :devil: I kid, of course.

As for my decision: Ah, in my hasty editing process, I neglected to include what we did decide. Essentially, there are a lot of things 'up in the air.' We still plan proceed with TTC next month. I will move ahead with my career aspirations, and if I become pregnant then we both will regard that as a blessing. I am contemplating a career change, so if it becomes difficult to rejoin my current career path after having had a child and possibly staying home for a year or more, maybe it will be a good opportunity to go back to school or begin a job in a different profession. I hate not having a set plan or not knowing what will happen, but when dealing with jobs and babies and life in general, it seems best to be flexible. I am operating under the theory that it is character-building, learning to embrace, or at least endure, the discomfort of not having a plan.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock

MTG - You are patient! I start each cycle out that patient... and, well, that's about it. Haha.

LC - I guess I have a slight preference for female, but I think that's only because I've had more bad male OBs than female OBs. Definitely agree that it's best to go with the best, regardless of gender. I was considering a certain male OB this time around, but then learned that he was a backup OB for the CNM group that was highly recommended to me and that I was very interested in, and so I've decided to go with the group. That worked out really well!

Career and Kids - While there are definitely fields with obvious "bad" and "less-bad" times for having kids, I would venture to say that DD's advice is probably applicable to MOST fields.

WOIN - I think that you are going into it with the right perspective. My feelings also changed continuously over the first year, FWIW. I went back to work at 6.5 weeks, worked for a while, quit when he was 6.5 months old, and then was dying to go back to work by the time that he was about 11 months old. I ended up changing fields and am a lot happier where I am working now. Flexibility is definitely key.

AFM - I think I ovulated on Thursday. Maybe. I had a stomach flu with a fever on Friday and wasn't able to keep anything down, even water, and so the CM dry-up could have been dehydration and the "ovulatory pain" could something else sickness-related. My cervix etc feels post-ovulatory right now, but my body could have also been like, "Abort mission! Do not drop egg!" with everything else that was going on, and so I guess I will have to see if it starts to gear up to ovulate again. And if it doesn't within 2 weeks, or who am I kidding, a week and a half, I guess I will start peeing on sticks. We DTD on Wednesday, so the timing wouldn't be bad at all if that was indeed an ovulation.

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock

Hey. Remember me? I disappeared quite a while ago... and here I am almost a year later... married for a year, just bought and moved into our house in November... and pregnant?!

2 weeks ago I was having serious cravings and would get extremely nauseous one minute and then feel completely normal the next. Around the time implantation would have occurred, I also experience pinching like feelings in the pubic area... like right above the pubic bone. I remember I came home from food shopping one day and said to my husband, "I'm calling it now, I'm pregnant."

So here I am. My period was due Christmas Eve. I had been having extreme fleeting menstrual like pains for the last week so I thought for sure AF was coming. In fact, I am still having them. They are LIKE menstrual cramps and yet, so different. When I say extreme. I mean extreme. Like someone is ripping apart my uterus and then bam! It's gone just as quickly as it came.

So on the way home from my parents today I looked to my husband and said well, do you think I should test or wait a little longer? He immediately pulled into the pharmacy and we bought the Clear Blue Easy Digital.

I didn't waste a second... as soon as I walked in the door I went and took the test. Waiting for the hour glass to stop felt like an eternity. My husband walked in just in time for us to both look at it, look at each other and then back at it again. PREGNANT. It. Said. PREGNANT. I immediately started crying.

I am still in shock. I knew it. I felt it. But so many times I thought I've felt it just for the test to say not pregnant. So now, it's like, unreal.

So here I am waiting until I have to potty again so I can take the other "make sure." hahaha. My sister and husband say I'm in denial.

I just can't believe it!!!!

How accurate are those anyway? I keep thinking it has to be a faulty test... Ahhhhh. I'm so excited/nervous/elated/scared!!!

ETA: I will post a pic as soon as I figure out how!! lol

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats inhisarms!!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock

InHisArms - Those tests are super-accurate (barring special circumstances like certain types of assisted reproductive technology that can also raise your hcg levels), and so if it says that you are pregnant, then you are indeed pregnant! Congratulations!!

lili

Ideal_Rock

Congrats InHisArms!
What a great way to end the year!

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks, Ladies!! I am so excited!

moxie.moo

Shiny_Rock

Congrats InHisArms! So exciting! I too had tough cramping for a few weeks, then it went away, and so far the bebe's fine. SO excited for you!!!

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks Moxie.moo. I am super excited.

I did take the other test as planned and yup, it sure did say I was pregnant!! So I guess there is no denying it! :)

Of course I haven't been to the Dr yet so I used a due date calculator and it said EDD is Sept 2, 2011.

This is my first pregnancy ever and I have no clue what to expect but I'm so ridiculously excited. Squuuueeeee!!!! :bigsmile:

I won't post too much in here since this is TTC and I don't want to take away from the other awesome ladies here. You're all in my thoughts and prayers and even though I've been away for a while, I have been following you all on here and wishing you all the best!

Good luck to you all!! *****BABY DUST*****

ETA: I did post over in Just Barely Pregnant and posted a picture for anyone who wants to see!

charbie

Ideal_Rock

So im around 8dpo, didn't test yet, but have no reason to think im pregnant if im honest with myself. No more feeling sick (besides the dang chest cold), no sore boobies (don't remember them being sore last time tho).

Found out DHs friends wife is due on DHs birthday. DH really crapped on my whole Christmas weekend by giving the worst gifts (a pair of footie pajamas, a coupon book, and a pair of shoes, oh and a magnet with a picture of myself on it???). He claims he panicked and didn't know what to get me. Which, he never has been a great gift giver...the logic he uses when trying to figure out what to get me really makes sense to him. He thought the pajamas would be good bc i like my snuggie, and i wear hoodies and pajamas when i relax at home after work. Poor guy, i can honestly can see him ripping his hair out not knowing what to get me and wanting to make it right, but then failing.

Then he got separated from his friends at a football game yesterday, and wandered around for 4 hrs and didn't answer his phone, so put me in a panic when they called me asking if I heard from him. So yeah....crappy weekend. Needless to say, I haven't felt very warm and fuzzy towards him. At least now I think he has learned his lesson....he feels really awful and has been apologizing quite frequently.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock

Charbie, sorry about the lost DH and those gifts. Footie PJs are pretty funny. I thought I was out when I wasn't feeling pregnant at 8 dpo last cycle, but then I just knew that I was KU by 10 dpo. So who knows. Fingers crossed for you.

I had to take George to the ER last night -- pediatrician on call and I both thought he needed IV fluids as he's had a bad stomach bug, wasn't eating/drinking, had only 2 wet diapers in 24 hours, and was acting kind of lethargic, and that's the only place that can do that on a Sunday night. I took him alone, as DH was significantly sicker than I was yesterday. They wanted him to get a chest x-ray done, and the tech asked me if there was any chance I was pregnant, and I told him that there was a chance that I was maybe a week pregnant, if it mattered that early. (I rounded because "I could be 3 days pregnant" sounds a little psycho.) He said that it matters most early on, and then called into one of the other rooms that he had a pregnant mom and needed an extra tech in there with us to hold George. They then both told me that whenever I am pregnant, Dad needs to be the one to take the kid to the ER. I just felt like, "Slow down guys, I am possibly 3 dpo and if I am 3 dpo then there is about a 1/3 chance I am pregnant." But I know that they need to be careful about that kind of thing. By the way, G checked out fine other than the dehydration, and perked up a lot once he had IV fluids. We're just keeping an eye on him right now to make sure that he continues to get better. They think it's viral and should work its way out of his system within a few more days.

charbie

Ideal_Rock

Thanks, Blen. I am beginning to see the humor in it. It is so hilariously bad that I felt like I was in an awful movie.

Im sorry about the whole George ER fiasco! Technically, you could have said 3 weeks pregnant, since the first two don't count, right?

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Hi ladies!

WOIN, I think you are so smart for staying flexible. I know so many women who tried too much to plan their pregnancy timing and well frankly...the plan went out the window, which caused them more stress. It is always good to have a general plan but sometimes you get pregnant right away and other times it takes a little. It will be what it will be. It will be so worth it when it happens though! Good Luck!!!

Dreamer, I really hope that these norms in certain careers can change for women. It's not fair that women have to make that choice to have a baby later on in order to not jeopardize their career. Not fair at all.

Inhisarms - Congratulations! Great news for the New Year! And thanks for the baby dust!

Charbie, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you! When will you test? Do you use those wondfo's (sp?)? I am so curious about them. I am sorry to hear your DH didn't do well on the presents. My DH is like that sometimes. It is easier for me to just pick something out for him to get me but then the surprise factor is gone. All you can do is laugh about it now though! What was he thinking giving you a magnet picture of your self??!!! :lol: Poor guy! Well he better make it up to you with an excellent push present when the time comes!!

Blen, so sorry to hear your George was so sick. It must have been terrifying taking him to the ER. I hope he is feeling better now! Best to be safe on the x-ray thing. Hopefully you do have a baby in that belly so best to keep em safe! Hope everyone in your house is recovering from the stomach bug.

Ladies, I need more info on the Wondfo's? Can you post a link? Are they early detection? What's the earliest you can test? And are they easy to read?

charbie

Ideal_Rock

Re: wonfo tests
I bought mine on amazon. They were $6 for 25 tests. They are basically little dip sticks, no plastic casing, just small strips about 3 inches long that you dip in a pee cup. I think they are pretty early detection ~10dpo. From what I've been able to tell buy peeing on them NOT pregnant, its easy to read :)

RRose

Rough_Rock

Charbie- I hope that you have a bette new years and I'm sure DH will make it up to you, especially that he is being apologetic and acknowledging that he may have made a mistake.

Blen- I'm sorry you had to be in the ER, that is super scary! I"m glad everything is ok!! and baby dust to you ;-)

IHA- BIG congratulations to you and DH!

Lizzyann: I bought a set from Amazon as well for like $10. I'm not sure if they are Wondfo's but they had 40 OPKs that were in a blue wrapper and 10 pregnancy tests in the pink wrapper. I've used a few OPKs, but recently when I went to use one the test stick already had a "control" line there. I opened several including some pregnancy ones and they all had the control line. The first few OPKs I used I"m pretty sure were blank until I dipped them. I've kept them in a dry cool place, so not sure why they would be that way, and the expiration date is not until 2012. Does anybody have any ideas why this is happening or has had this happen to them? I guess you pay for what you get :)

AFM: Since I've had a lot of time this weekend I've been googling HBC and getting pregnant etc and I'm shocked to see so many women who seem to have trouble getting preggo after the pill. I know it's too soon to worry as I've only been off the pill for like 3 weeks, but I'm really hoping that my cycle returns to normal! I now see how frustrating TTC can be because everything takes time to happen. Time to chart and figure out your cycle, get pregnant and then wait for the positive test. I've talked to DH about this and he has been very supportive about my concerns. I really thought that I would just not worry about it and let whatever happens happen until June, but now I'm thinking of charting just to get to know my body and cycle and possibly attempt at TTC. It's amazing how just a few weeks and joining this thread has changed my opinion! Hopefully I'll be getting AF on Jan 4th! I've definitely been crampy and having twinges or something in the lower right region, they were very strong last Wednesday which was about day 15 of my cycle, so hopefully it means I'm ovulating. oy!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock

Okay, I just bought those pregnancy tests. If you search on Amazon for "wondfo pregnancy test", it comes up with a few different options: 25 for about $6, 50 for about $9, that ovulation/pregnancy pack mentioned earlier, and some others. The one I ordered was eligible for Prime, which is an extra bonus.

Thanks for the well wishes. George was doing better this morning and was miserable after his nap, but fortunately we already have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning. And yeah, I very much could have said 3 weeks pregnant (that sounds a bit more impressive! just slightly) but I didn't think of it until I overheard the tech telling someone else that I was a week pregnant and realized how weird that sounds.

RRose - the other thing to remember when looking for pretty much anything on the internet is that the people who have good experiences rarely are going to be driven to post about it to the world! I started charting after getting a Mirena IUD out which is the kind with the hormones in it, and I think (although this was in 2007 and so my memory may be faulty) that my first cycle was anovulatory and then I was pretty regular from there. I think there were a couple women on here who had one or two anovulatory cycles after going off of bc pills but got pretty regular after that. Crampy at 15 dpo sounds like a positive sign to me, but even if it's not ovulation, there's a really good chance that your body will fall into good ovulatory cycles within a month or two. Good luck!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats Inhisarms! A baby for Christmas, what a lovely gift!

Well, I was patient, and turns out I don't need to take it because my period started on Christmas (not such a lovely gift, lol). Bah humbug! Oh well. Will continue trying when I get home! I hate that my PMS symptoms are also common pregnancy symptoms: sore boobies, crampy pains, nausea...sigh, nature's a prankster sometimes.

I"m also in a field where there may not be a "best" time, but there are certainly worse times. For example intern year as a new doc is pretty brutal. For me, it wouldn't be a reason to give up a baby were you to have an "oopsie", but I also wouldn't plan to have one then if I could avoid it!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

I haven't checked in since before Christmas, so I'm way behind!

MTG--so sorry that AF showed up on your doorstep :( I'm really glad you joined the thread, though, and hopefully you'll find it to be a good source of support!

Charbie--I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Scarlet--I'm so sorry about your PCOS diagnosis, how are you doing? And I do remember that episode (the Friends episode). Heh, I can totally picture myself doing that.

I hope everybody is doing well!!

AFM: I told myself I was going to stay at my current agency and stop interviewing--we even moved up the timeline. So why do I have two interviews tomorrow? *slaps hand against forehead*. I just have a very tough time saying "no" if I think it could be a good fit. I let them both know I was leaning toward staying where I am (they approached me, so this seemed reasonable) so we'll see. It's just like me to make a decision, then worry that I'm passing up something good.

Also, trying to fly back to Boston during a blizzard was fun. I finally got home only to discover our electricity had been out for days. They finally turned it back on about an hour ago--thank goodness because it was 34 degrees in our house (before I started using the fireplaces).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results