carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Blenheim|1292299596|2796290 said:
There is something that has been bugging me, and I was just wanting another take on it. (Dreamer?) Since having George, my luteal phases have consistently been 11 days long (or less, earlier on). I haven't been temping, but I get tons of EWCM and a high, open cervix, which all goes away within a couple of hours of me feeling ovulation pain, and so I feel as certain as I can be about ovulation dates without temping or ovulation tests. Not this last cycle, but the cycle before that, I took a pregnancy test on 12 dpo when my period was a day late. No 2nd line within 3 minutes or so, at which point I was called away by a certain toddler trying to get into trouble, and when I came back 10-15 minutes later, there was a faint faint line. DH could see the line, and so I know that it was not in my head. I know that you are supposed to read it within 10 minutes, so we decided it was a "maybe" and that I would test in a few more days if AF still wasn't there. I was doing a better job at being relaxed about things that cycle -- I got my BFP at 10 dpo this cycle, ha. AF came at 15 dpo and was a couple days longer than usual, and so I never ended up taking that second test. Does this sound like a chemical pg, or just like a wonky cycle? At the time I had dismissed it as an ambiguous who-really-knows, and figured that so many pregnancies end in miscarriage before women even know that they're pregnant that it didn't really matter one way or another, but after this definite miscarriage I am wondering. In retrospect, I should have taken another test at the time and read it within time limits to know for sure. If we have any other issues, I want to be able to give a doctor an accurate history. Although, do doctors care about chemical pregnancies or just about clinical pregnancies?

Hmmm.... I think that since you did not really get clear confirmation with a reliable test that you should make a mental note of that experience but not worry one little bit about it. Here is an article from the New England Journal of Medicine that I found really interesting when I was reading up on miscarriage recently: http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199906103402304 If you had a faint faint positive in that stange cycle, maybe it indicated a late implantation attempt, which would suggest that the conceptus was not viable anyways, according to the article (i.e., not an issue with you, since you have had 2 pregnancies with earlier implantation). More likely I wonder if it was a evap line though. Also, I had a cycle like you described once, even took a pregnancy test ;)) Had all the signs of ovulation on CD 13, and despite a very consistent 10 day LP, did not get my period until CD 27. I suspect that I did not ovulate when I thought and it was instead delayed a couple days despite the signs suggesting it happened on CD 13. So it really could go either way. So I say dobn't borrow trouble. Even if it was a chemical, it would not matter clinically unless you experience another clear mc (I believe three is the point where random chance is less likely to explain it), which I am sure will not happen :))

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

charbie|1292300921|2796299 said:
Im so relieved more people are here! Yipee!
quick fly by to ask a ?
I put my LMP date into an ovulation predictor which said I should focus on BDing from this Saturday thru next friday. Im confused. If I will more than likely ovulate on Mon or Tues based on my normals, wouldn't it be best to hit the 5 days before...as in Thurs thru Monday? Once Tuesday hits, im out for the count if I ovulate that day...which knowning my body/cycle (29 day cycle) I can't imagine im ovulating after Tues...especially since I can really feel mittleschmertz when o'ing. Just wondering if someone might weigh in.

I think those BD calculators are crapola ;))

You know more about it than the calculator ever will. You want to hit as many of the days in the five days before ovulation and the day of ovulation, and/or every day that you have fertile CF.

Loves2Laugh

Shiny_Rock

scarlet- I just wanted to ditto DD. I'm 4w1d today and I have no real symptoms at all! That's one of the reasons I've been freaking out. I have to keep telling myself that I found out later with DS and I had sore BBs and very tired- but that was when I was 5-6 weeks pg. I've been a little tired but working so early does it to me more then anything and chasing around a 2 year old. Good luck and don't worry too much! Heck, have a drink if you'd like. You and baby wouldn't be "connected" until AF is late anyway. ;))

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock

Thank you for the welcome!

L2L - Congrats! The 15 dpo line definitely looks darker to me too. And, well, the doctor said you are pregnant! So I am sure that everything is fine. :D

DD - Thank you for your input. I am sure that you are right about not begging trouble, and that article was an interesting read. After talking with my mom about Myers-Briggs types about a month ago, I got a book from the library and some things about INTJs just made a light bulb go off in my head. Like, being contigency planners. I think that in all likelihood, even if that wonky cycle was a really early loss, both losses were caused by things like chromosomal abnormalities that have no bearing on future pregnancies or a badly timed implantation attempt. But it is that contigency planner part of me that wants to know, okay, was that a loss and should that have any bearing in when I see a doctor, if I end up having more miscarriages? Before I miscarried, I had already signed up for an informational session with a midwifery group that was being held tonight, and I decided to go ahead and go anyways. I talked with one of the midwives afterwards, and she said that losses are just so common that doctors don't really think it's a concern until 3-4 miscarriages. I think I will just make a note of that one if I have another two and see a doctor after 3 confirmed instead of waiting until 4. Which I am sure is moot, as I will get knocked up with a sticky baby before I know it. 8) I just like to have plans B, C, D, E, and F (plus maybe a couple more) planned out in advance. Incidentally, this is why I had been saying that we were going to wait for financial reasons - plan F or so starts to fail if we're paying for daycare for two. But what the heck. Babies are cute, and they smell good.

Can you find any literature on how long to wait after a miscarriage before TTC? The doctor said to wait "a cycle or two", which is what most official recommendations seem to say. EB and Mela followed this. But the Joy of Pregnancy (book) says that the recommendation is mostly to give you time to recover emotionally and not for physical reasons. I feel like I am already recovered emotionally and am fairly rational about things that could have caused the miscarriage. Genes that would have caused the baby to have three heads, perhaps. 1-2 cups of coffee a day or working out, no. So I don't think I would be a Nervous Nelly next time around. Hmmm.

NEL - I am excited about going through this with you! We were really busy with the house until this month, and now we're really trying to enjoy the holidays. Other than needing a new heat pump all of a sudden (we realized it would be within a couple of years, and were hoping for a year or two at least), we've mostly been trying to do low-cost stuff that just helps a house to feel more like home. Paint on the walls, seeding the lawn as the old owner's dog completely killed the grass, getting a couple of key pieces of furniture. Good luck making a decision on your job.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Wow, Blen I'm in awe of how you're so "with it". You're my role model. I want to be like you one day. I'm glad us noobs are lucky to have you and Dreamer around to help us. :-o I'm glad the reno's are going quickly. It's amazing how even little (inexpensive) renos make such a big difference. I hope DD and you are enjoying the house.

L2L, I'm so glad you had an A+ on the blood work!!! Sticky sticky sticky bean dust to you!!!! Good luck on the ultrasound :) :appl: :appl: What a sweet hubby to go out in the snow storm for you.

So Charbie... You gonna do an ultra marathon, Thurs-Friday?? I dont know much about TYCOF signs etc, but I'll go with Dreamer. She's a pro at this stuff and I'll trust the SME (Subject Matter Expert). ::)

Scarlet, keeping my fingers crossed for you too. Like some of the ladies said, you might just need to wait a few days. And DH recently started snoring but I mean snoozing as in hitting the snooze button again, and again, and again.... Sometimes I just wake up early because I won't get any sleep anyway. A friend of mine says he's his wife's snooze button. When the alarm goes off, she just hits him to hit the snooze. I find that SO FUNNY :lol:

NEL, I think I'm just going to order BBT online like so many of you did. I see that that a fair amount of you have the BD (TCOYF) one, so I'll probably just go with that. DOn't think I'll temp until I get a normal period though, so nothing for a while I'm guessing... DUST for your job offer.

Nothing new for me. Just wanted to say HI to everyone!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Blenheim|1292386022|2797285 said:
Thank you for the welcome!

DD - Thank you for your input. I am sure that you are right about not begging trouble, and that article was an interesting read. After talking with my mom about Myers-Briggs types about a month ago, I got a book from the library and some things about INTJs just made a light bulb go off in my head. Like, being contigency planners. I think that in all likelihood, even if that wonky cycle was a really early loss, both losses were caused by things like chromosomal abnormalities that have no bearing on future pregnancies or a badly timed implantation attempt. But it is that contigency planner part of me that wants to know, okay, was that a loss and should that have any bearing in when I see a doctor, if I end up having more miscarriages? Before I miscarried, I had already signed up for an informational session with a midwifery group that was being held tonight, and I decided to go ahead and go anyways. I talked with one of the midwives afterwards, and she said that losses are just so common that doctors don't really think it's a concern until 3-4 miscarriages. I think I will just make a note of that one if I have another two and see a doctor after 3 confirmed instead of waiting until 4. Which I am sure is moot, as I will get knocked up with a sticky baby before I know it. 8) I just like to have plans B, C, D, E, and F (plus maybe a couple more) planned out in advance. Incidentally, this is why I had been saying that we were going to wait for financial reasons - plan F or so starts to fail if we're paying for daycare for two. But what the heck. Babies are cute, and they smell good.

Can you find any literature on how long to wait after a miscarriage before TTC? The doctor said to wait "a cycle or two", which is what most official recommendations seem to say. EB and Mela followed this. But the Joy of Pregnancy (book) says that the recommendation is mostly to give you time to recover emotionally and not for physical reasons. I feel like I am already recovered emotionally and am fairly rational about things that could have caused the miscarriage. Genes that would have caused the baby to have three heads, perhaps. 1-2 cups of coffee a day or working out, no. So I don't think I would be a Nervous Nelly next time around. Hmmm.

Blen I hear you on the planning. I am actually a little the opposite, which is strange for someone who is a high achiever like I am I think. I like the plan a lot in broad strokes, and then not think much about the deets. Helps avoid anxiety for me maybe. Though I obsess forever about spending anything more than about $300 :rolleyes: Have a baby? Suuure! Choose my PS gift? Impossible! :tongue:

I have not read anything about waiting to TTC after an mc, but from all my lurking on other fertility forums and here and all the research that I recall people talking about (and I have a very good memory ::) ), I cannot recall one single reputable source/reason to wait if you are ready to go for it. Since yours was an early loss, I cannot imagine any medical reason to wait since the changes in your body and hormonal patterns would not have been major yet. If your body is ready to ovulate then it is probably ready to sustain a pregnancy, KWIM? I have certainly never ever read that TTC again immediately after a loss increases the odds of mc, and that is information that I would think would be out there if it was validated at all. There is actually some evidence that people are especially fertile the month after an early loss, not sure if that means chemical or an EPL like you had, but there is that information I have read in a medial source (cannot recall where). As you said, I think the common advice is to allow women time to adjust emotionally, which of course is different for every woman, and also for dating! Doctors hate when you get pregnant without a "normal" period because they cannot date things accurately ;)) But with early u/s now, I think that is a concern of the past. And you know your cyles. If you feel ready, then I vote go for it.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Dreamer, how'd you get so knowledgeable on everything? I'm so impressed! You must've been an A+ student! I also plan in broad strokes too. Sometimes it drives DH crazy, other times he thinks I'm waaaay too detailed. E.g. coordinating sleeping arrangements or bathroom schedules (like if a bunch of people are crashing in a small house).

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

lliang_chi|1292391563|2797331 said:
Dreamer, how'd you get so knowledgeable on everything? I'm so impressed! You must've been an A+ student! I also plan in broad strokes too. Sometimes it drives DH crazy, other times he thinks I'm waaaay too detailed. E.g. coordinating sleeping arrangements or bathroom schedules (like if a bunch of people are crashing in a small house).

haha.. I was ;)) And now I am a prof. Loves me some school! I just am fortunate to have a very good memory. It is not photographic, but if I read it or hear it once, generally speaking I will remember it. Names though? Forget it. The brain is mysterious.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock

Hi ladies-
Happy hump day!

L2L- CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!! I think now that you know for sure, you really should be happy you're symptom free!

NEL - good luck with deciding on your work situation. There are so many pressures being a woman/a working mom. I wish we didn't have to deal with any of that stuff! I think Sweden gives 22 months maternity leave...we should all move there!

Dreamer - You are seriously such a wealth of knowledge! Thanks for being such a great resource! I read that article on m/c and it was pretty interesting. I wonder if the reason is the eggie doesn't have enough time to implant.

LC- thanks for keeping your fingers crossed! And, I am hubby's snooze button too! I wake up in the morning to turn off his alarm because he doesn't hear it since he's such a heavy sleeper, then I'll poke him, sleep for 10 min, poke him again, RINSE AND REPEAT like 3 more times... :knockout: Oh, as for the temp'ing, I would suggest just starting for 2 reasons: (i) you can figure out if you're ovulating, and (ii) just so you get used to the schedule/rhythm of doing it since it is a pain in the butt in the mornings.

AFM: So I've continued to be really bloated (like had to unbutton my pants at work today) and had a bunch of sharp little cramps all afternoon. Plus I've been ravenous hungry! But I'm not sure if that's just because AF is supposed to get here this weekend. Anyways, tomorrow is 10DPO so I'll test again. I'm hopeful but don't want to have a big let down either.

charbie

Ideal_Rock

i wrote a nice, pretty, long post, that got eaten by the internet.
however-
scarlet- fingers firmly crossed.
lc- wondfo's are cheapie internet pregnancy test, highly sensitive, and cost about $6 for 25. you can pee your little heart out and not feel guilty as you may spending that much on a single pee stick.
nel- you're lucky you have career options that lend towards having a work/family balance. i've never had a boss with a spouse who worked- its almost necessary someone is home because of the long hours being a nursing home administrator requires. however, its my plan to stay where i'm at (less stress, in a job i really succeed doing...and making a comfortable salary) until kiddos are school-age, at which point i'll be ready to move up professionally. i'm 26, will hopefully be 27 when i have a baby, and DH is 29, so having babies at a younger age so i can progress still with my professional life is a goal of mine.
dreamer- i appreciate the sage advice- darn tootin' right i know my body better than some calculator. i do hope if im lucky enough to hit the pregnancy jackpot this month that i'll be able to adjust my EDD to NOT be on my divorced parents' anniversary :knockout:
blen- welcome back, lady. i wish you the best of luck, and you sound like you're doing well after the m/c, and very much at peace. you're very strong, and i'm looking forward to seeing G get a baby sibling soon!

and i know i've missed people- i apologize!

just hanging out in the BD marathon. plan is for CD7-CD16. i conceived after 1 time BDing on CD9 when i got pregant before, so i'd like to have my bases covered. :halo: 8)

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock

DD - Thanks again for all of your help. I asked my former midwife, for good measure, and she says that with a loss this early the main advantage to waiting is more accurate dating, but says that taking weekly pregnancy tests can take care of that as well. I was pretty on board for starting to try now, and I know that DH is, but today at work we just kept talking about all of our upcoming projects, and it is going to be crazy until April or so. We are supposed to be tripling the size of our group but I'm carrying the department to a large extent in the meantime, and am wondering if it is wise to battle first tri tiredness with that. But people do it every day, and there will always be a reason to wait, and so I am tempted to just go for it anyway.

Scarlet - PMS symptoms and pregnancy symptoms can bear a cruel resemblance, but that does sound like me at about 10 dpo and pregnant. 8)

LC - Thank you. I don't feel as "with it" as I do more BTDT and able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Several of the girls that went through the TTC process with me last time around had miscarriages followed by successful pregnancies. In fact, I would say that applies to most of the women I know who have tried to have at least one child, and so it strikes me as just a sad but normal part of life.

Wow, we have several BD marathons coming up here! Have fun, girls!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock

Hello Blen! :wavey: I'm so sorry about your mc, but I really admire your attitude. I'm wishing you super sticky luck for whenever you decide to try next.

Scarlet, sending dust your way!

So, my DH was telling me that he had a dream that we were pregnant and having an ultrasound. He said he was so, so happy, and went to work afterward and was telling all his friends about it...and then realized that I hadn't actually been there. Weird, right? I'm glad that he had such a good reception to it (both in the dream and when he was telling me about it) but I kinda wonder what sparked the dream and why I wasn't in it! There has been a baby boom among our friends recently, so I'm guessing that's the reason...

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock

Just a quick update - BFN at 10DPO, but still keeping hopeful until AF arrives (so keep those fingers crossed and dust coming). My BBT has been floating right around my coverline (97.8 degrees) the past 3 days. Is that a bad sign???

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Scarlet--I'm continuing to keep my fingers crossed for you, it's not over until the fat AF sings. I'm no charting expert by any means (I only charted for 10 days, but we do have some chart experts here--Dreamer_D comes to mind!), but would you be willing to post your chart? I'm assuming your temps were higher after O, then have come down closer to cover line over the past three days? My first thought was that you might have a second estrogen surge, but usually that only lasts one day. If the temps keep dropping, AF might be knocking on your door this weekend after all, but I'm hoping that doesn't happen!

Blen--I'm really glad that you have great resources around you with the midwifery group. It's also great that you and DH are eager to get back on the horse, so to speak. I feel like here on the TTC board there have been many instances of women having a mc, then having a successful pregnancy within 1 - 2 cycles.

I also completely understand about trying to plan around "projects". For the past two weeks I've been working on a project that has kicked my butt with several 18-hour days and I KNOW that if I were in my first tri, there is no way I would have the energy to do it. Apparently a similar project is in the works and part of me wants to plan around it while the other part of me realizes that if I try to plan around everything that is going to be inconvenient, we will never start TTC.

Charbie--I feel like work/life balance is something I'm constantly thinking about. My current position can be very demanding, but there are also times that it's not so bad. The inconsistency is what is challenging, which is why I was looking for something on the client-side, because I think it would provide a more consistent schedule. That being said, my current job would allow me to WFH and my maternity leave is decent, so there is a lot to weigh. My mentality is that if I get overwhelmed after having the baby, I'll quit :)

charbie

Ideal_Rock

scarlet16|1292507484|2798459 said:
Just a quick update - BFN at 10DPO, but still keeping hopeful until AF arrives (so keep those fingers crossed and dust coming). My BBT has been floating right around my coverline (97.8 degrees) the past 3 days. Is that a bad sign???
I wish I could say that sounds promising still, but with a temp drop to coverline, id guess this wasn't the month.

charbie

Ideal_Rock

Octavia|1292473447|2798257 said:
Hello Blen! :wavey: I'm so sorry about your mc, but I really admire your attitude. I'm wishing you super sticky luck for whenever you decide to try next.

Scarlet, sending dust your way!

So, my DH was telling me that he had a dream that we were pregnant and having an ultrasound. He said he was so, so happy, and went to work afterward and was telling all his friends about it...and then realized that I hadn't actually been there. Weird, right? I'm glad that he had such a good reception to it (both in the dream and when he was telling me about it) but I kinda wonder what sparked the dream and why I wasn't in it! There has been a baby boom among our friends recently, so I'm guessing that's the reason...
I wouldn't anazlyze too much, id just focus on the fact that he's having baby dreams and excited for it! Wooohooo! Maybe its just that he was dreaming about the ultrasound but you weren't there simply bc you aren't pregnant yet. Maybe a sign you will be soon :naughty:

Octavia

Ideal_Rock

charbie|1292514729|2798544 said:
Octavia|1292473447|2798257 said:
I wouldn't anazlyze too much, id just focus on the fact that he's having baby dreams and excited for it! Wooohooo! Maybe its just that he was dreaming about the ultrasound but you weren't there simply bc you aren't pregnant yet. Maybe a sign you will be soon :naughty:

Haha, I know. It was just funny because he said he spent the rest of the dream trying to figure out where the images had come from -- a recording, or if I was in another room, etc. I told him that maybe fate had smiled on me and HE was the one carrying the baby, but predictably, he didn't think that was the answer. I'm definitely glad he's excited, although he has always been the one who wanted a soccer team and I was like, um, two would be enough...or even more than enough... But we seem to be on pretty much the same page timing-wise, which is great (and he has significantly toned down his ambitions after spending time with our friends' kids :devil: ). I just find it hilarious that he's the one having baby dreams.

charbie

Ideal_Rock

yay! my wondfo's arrived today!!!! i'm going to end up being a POAS machine. obviously, i peed on one as soon as they came out of the box. i know i'm not preggo (haven't even ov'd yet) but i wanted to check it out and see how it worked. they are a gift from heaven. getting increasingly stretchy CM- suspecting tomorrow will start with the proper EWCM. DH and i did not BD yesterday...we got into a bit of an arguement (we are both stubborn people) before going to bed last night and neither of us were in the mood. he woke up this morning and asked if i wanted to BD...i told him i would pass and we can just go for it tonight :naughty: :lol: i'm only CD 11- so thinking when all is said and done we will have given it a pretty darn good shot anyways.

had a TERRIBLE snowy day today- hope everyone is safe and warm wherever they are. i live in a hilly part of the states, so the roads were awful and took me 2 hrs to get to work- normally a 30 min drive.

MrsHope

Rough_Rock

Charbie, I wanted to wish you good luck on catching that egg tonight - or this weekend!!! :appl: :appl: I really really hope this this month is for you!!!

Very funny about peeing on a stick just to test it out , I would do the exact same thing. :) My amazon cart is stock with wondfo's and books just waiting for me to pull the trigger! Eeek!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Charbie, I just want to wish you happy BD marathoning!! :) I'm excited for you and it sounds like the timing will be good!

D and I have been working insane hours, so we haven't spent much time between the sheets. But we promised each other a date night tonight and I am looking forward to it. We plan on not preventing from here on out and can I just say that I'm a little nervous? Even though I won't O for another week (at least!), it will be the first time in my entire life that I've ever...well, not prevented. And it's weird!!

charbie

Ideal_Rock

NewEnglandLady|1292602119|2799535 said:
Charbie, I just want to wish you happy BD marathoning!! :) I'm excited for you and it sounds like the timing will be good!

D and I have been working insane hours, so we haven't spent much time between the sheets. But we promised each other a date night tonight and I am looking forward to it. We plan on not preventing from here on out and can I just say that I'm a little nervous? Even though I won't O for another week (at least!), it will be the first time in my entire life that I've ever...well, not prevented. And it's weird!!

Squeeeeeee! I knew you were gonna convert sooner than you thought. Welcome to the crazy club!

And FYI, the first time we ever had sex without anytying preventing in place...not gonna lie it was quite exciting and enjoyable. It was sort of like I felt like I was breaking the rules or something...quite a turn on :naughty:

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock

Charbie- Good luck with the marathon! :appl: Remember to have fun!

NEL-the not preventing is a GREAT time! I think you have less stress doing it that way!

AFM-Thanks for everyone's best wishes but unfortunately, it's game over for the month of December. My BBT dropped way low which normally means AF is about to come, and sure enough she arrived with a vengeance this am. I'm so disappointed that we missed the few days before O because of the packaging glitch. Next step is the fertility workup on Dec. 23. I'll let you all know how it goes. Crossing my fingers for anyone that's BD'ing!!!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Scarlet--Ugh, I'm so sorry! Stupid AF! I was hoping that the near-coverline temps might be a fluke since you didn't get the really low pre-AF drop yet, but obviously that was still to come. Darned those different-colored OPK strips! I just ordered some more OPK strips myself and am definitely going to check the color first, so chalk me up as one more person who learned from the mix-up this month. My fingers crossed for you next cycle!

Charbie--I feel like we spent so much time preparing for this chapter that I'm going to enjoy it!! I don't think this will be our month since we basically won't see each other for two weeks, but that's okay, I do better easing into things, anyway. By the third month of "having fun" I'll probably be charting like crazy, haha. Once I made the decision not to find another job before TTC we realized there was no reason to wait! And the fact that we were both happy about that is a good sign :)

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock

NEL- Thanks, it's frustrating but I just keep thinking when it's meant to be it will happen. And thanks for reminding me to do this!

PSA for anyone purchasing or has purchased the cheapie OPK and HcG pregnancy tests from online vendors (and in particular from Amazon): PLEASE CHECK THE PRINT ON THE FOIL PACKAGE TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING THE PROPER TEST! This is especially true for those who have ordered several sets of tests! Do not assume that one color is always OPKs and another color is always pregnancy tests! This has been a public service announcement! :wavey:

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock

Hi ladies!!! I've been a lurker on this thread for-freaking-ever, and I don't post much on PS anymore, but I realized I didn't want to go through pregnancy and childbirth without your sage advice and LEGENDARY support. :bigsmile:

DH and I are officially "pulling the goalie" when we go on vacation in 7 weeks, and I'm super excited about it! We're not dying to get pregnant (yet) so if it takes a while that's okay, but if not, we figure that's also good!

I'm 28 and DH is 30, we've been married almost a year and a half, and have run out of reasons we SHOULDN'T just do it already, so we're gonna!

In conclusion, I guess I'm just looking forward to making even more wonderful friendships on PS than I already have. :love:

charbie

Ideal_Rock

KatyWI|1292633515|2799979 said:
Hi ladies!!! I've been a lurker on this thread for-freaking-ever, and I don't post much on PS anymore, but I realized I didn't want to go through pregnancy and childbirth without your sage advice and LEGENDARY support. :bigsmile:

DH and I are officially "pulling the goalie" when we go on vacation in 7 weeks, and I'm super excited about it! We're not dying to get pregnant (yet) so if it takes a while that's okay, but if not, we figure that's also good!

I'm 28 and DH is 30, we've been married almost a year and a half, and have run out of reasons we SHOULDN'T just do it already, so we're gonna!

In conclusion, I guess I'm just looking forward to making even more wonderful friendships on PS than I already have. :love:
Welcome, Katy! It is a great group of supporters around here, especially since I have trouble talking to the people I know in real life about this stuff (besides with my husband). Hope your stay is short and sweet...where the vaca? Will u be ovulating in vaca?

NEL: thanks for the support! The bd marathon has been going on this whole week...gaaah!
Mrs: thanks to you also for the good luck wishes! I enjoy enabling....go pull the trigger on those wondfos! One pack is cheaper than a preggo test, which if it means I can have tests for morning noon and night? Awesome! And yes, its fun play with pee sticks.
scarlet: im sorry it wasnt your month...i feel your pain bc ive been there. I had a sad feeling once i learned your temps dropped. we are having fun...it hasn't turned into a chore yet :naughty: I've been spicing things up by busting out the honeymoon lingerie...which makes DH and I both burst out laughing bc there isn't much seducing that has to occur. We have learned how to be a bit more...ahemmm, efficient.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Hi ladies!!! Everyone finished their Christmas shopping? I'm so not done... :( DH and I decided we were going to go the "inexpensive" route so we can save money for a splashy vacation. That would be the "last hurrah" before the official TTC thing.

We also "pulled the goalie" officially, discussed that I didn't want to get back on HBC and he said OK. We BD'ed a few times last week, but it wasn't "for real" effort in earnest (TMI after) since DH pulled out at the end. I think that's going to be the way things go until we're both ready to sign up for real trying. I know it's not totally careful, but it's not totally "for real" effort either.

Scarlet, Bummer on AF. Enjoy the holidays, though. Thanks for the PSA. How many pregnancy tests do you ladies buy in one pop?

Charbie, I hope you're enjoying your marathong. :) So funny about the honeymoon lingerie. I <ahem> didn't pack any lingerie... But I do have a goofy tradition of starting the new year with new underwear. DH loves this tradition. Which reminds me I should go lingerie shopping soon. Maybe during the after Christmas sales. You convinced me to get some Wondofos too.

Octavia, So funny about the baby dreams. But yes, awesome that he's having it.

Work's been a bear. it's almost midnight I haven't even showered yet. I think I'm going to do a bubble bath this weekend. DH and I have "date night" on Sunday, we do Christmas dinner together just the two of us.

I made an appt with my GP next week, 12/22. General, "So I had this weird cycle. And because of that I'm off HBC. Oh yeah, we're going to TTC next year." I haven't had my yearly physical yet, so not sure if she's going to talk to me about the TTC then or on Weds. I'm anemic so she mentioned this past Feb that I might need to get some iron shots, and that DH should get genetically tests to see if we'd make anemic babies. I wasn't near ready at the time to hear about any of that, so I need to ask her again.

Not sure what CD I'm on, since this cycle is was all wonky this month. If I had a normal cycle, I'd be on CD11. But who knows for me.

That's it for now, gonna shower and get to bed. :) We're going ice skating tomorrow AM, then we have drinks (late PM) for friends that just got engaged, then dinner party in the evening. Whew! busy day!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock

Charbie, thanks for the warm welcome! I will be ovulating toward the end of my vacay, and since I'm secretly hoping for a girl (though I have my reasons for wanting a boy too, so I won't be disappointed either way), that's good, right?! Ahaha. Lots of BDing early before O! Give those lady swimmers some time, and all that ;-) I hope to hit up hubby for some lovin' when we get home too!

We'll have to see how my cycles play out. I don't chart, but I do keep track of the days I get my period, and I have consistently had 28-29 day cycles with one 31 thrown in for good measure. I also seem to be getting more obvious CF right around when you would expect, so I *think* I have a pretty regular cycle, but I guess we'll find out! I don't plan to put any real "work" into TTC unless next fall finds us still not preggo, so I'll just cross my fingers, and hope for the best!

I'm truly terrified that I'll have problems conceiving/staying pregnant. My mother had several miscarriages between me & my brother, so I'm hoping I don't have the same luck. :???:

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

KatyWI--welcome!! Isn't it fun coming out of lurkdom when you've been lurking forever?? How exciting that you have a "start" date! As others have mentioned, I feel like waiting gets harder and harder once you join, but seven weeks is really close and there is no rush, so hopefully you're enjoying this "prep" time!

Charbie--are you worn out yet? :) I love your honeymoon lingerie idea--I can't even remember if I brought lingerie on our honeymoon, which is kind of sad. I hope you're still enjoying yourself!\

LC, it does seem to take some time for both parties to be truly "ready" (as I'm realizing myself) and I think it's great you're taking this all in stride!

AFM: We both got home late last night and we were exhausted, but wanted to keep our date night, so we had a late dinner. Unforunately, we were both stressed and got into a heated argument during dinner, which did not bode well for the rest of the evening. I was really frustrated with the timing since I'd been looking forward to a night out with D all week, so I was hoping we could smooth it over this morning before our early-morning vet appt., but that didn't go well, either. D basically said he didn't like starting off this process right after an argument, which annoyed me since it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Anyway, we may not make any headway this month, blah!!

WhatsOldisNew

Rough_Rock

Scarlet - I am sorry about AF. I know it is frustrating to learn that you miss some important days of BDing, but try not to dwell on that. You never know what might have happened, or not happened, even if you had gotten those days. Onward and upward, now! This cycle was not meant to be for you, but I have a good feeling about next cycle. Really, I do. :praise:

Charbie - I hope that you are "running" your marathon as I type, and enjoying every second of it! Ditto on the naughty feeling of sex without prevention. When you have been so responsible (most of) your entire adult life, it is fun to throw caution to the wind! And I, too, appreciate the joys and wonders of the cheapie internet test. I have been known to POAS or 2 even when I know I am not ovulating or pregnant. I think we are born with an ingrained desire to POAS. :bigsmile:

Octavia - How interesting that your DH is having baby dreams! I would say that's a good sign he's thinking about babymaking.

Blenheim - I don't know if I welcomed you back to TTC, so Welcome! I hope you have a short stay. It is comforting to have someone here who has been through it all before (and Dreamer left us so quickly! But, thankfully, continues to provide us with her insight and advice). Sorry for your earlier loss, but it is great that you have such a positive attitude about it. So very many people have early miscarriages and healthy pregnancies soon afterward - I am crossing my fingers that this will be you!

NEL - From what I can tell of my friends with careers and babies, the work-life balance is always difficult. I have no idea what I will do to balance my family and work, but I am almost afraid to think about it before I even become pregnant. I suppose I am superstitious. I also never planned any part of my wedding before I was officially engaged. But whatever you decide, it has to be right for you. There are also many, many women out there who thought they would resume working full-time and ended up being unable to leave their little ones at home - so I suppose this is one of those things that you never know how you'll feel about it until it happens. It's good that you're prepared with several options!

LC - A last hurrah sounds great! Even if you were pregnant during the hurrah, it would be great. Good luck with your appointment! I'm not understanding the reasoning behind your DH getting genetic testing for anemia. Would you not have children if he were genetically predisposed to anemia? Or would you have them via IVF/pre-implantation genetic diagnosis to prevent them from having anemia? I guess I am asking why test unless there is something you would do differently in conceiving a child? I am asking out of curiosity, not out of criticism of your Dr., BTW.

Katy - Welcome! So exciting to start your journey on a lovely vacation! Then in 15 years perhaps you can embarrass your child by taking her back to the place she was conceived. It is normal to have that fear of not being able to conceive/stay pregnant - especially if you lurk around here and see it happen to so many women, and especially since you seem to have a family history. But chances are you will be just fine. And if there is an issue, there are so many interventions now that can help! I told my mother when I started TTC, and confessed that I was afraid I might have trouble because I had always had long/irregular periods. She told me that when she was TTC she felt the exact same way, and also had long/irregular periods and would get frustrated when she was charting her cyles - which I had never known she did! so that was interesting - but she conceived fairly easily. Take it one step at a time. And we are here for you!

I am sorry if I missed anyone. Thinking about you all, and hoping for some last-minute 2010 pregnancies in here!

AFM: Just waiting for O until I get back on my horse. DH is more and more excited about the idea of having a baby, although his knowledge of biology is a little lacking. He keeps asking me if we can try to make a baby "today" or "tomorrow" or "this weekend." I told him we can practice, but that there are only a few days per month when our practice could yield the desired results. I have a book about conception that I left for him in the bathroom, in the hopes he will page through it. Maybe I should post my chart on the refrigerator? :bigsmile: :rolleyes: I finally told him that we can practice whenever, but I will let him know when he should be conserving his energy for the real thing. That seems to have made him pretty happy!
I have also been taking prenatal vitamins for the last coupe weeks, even though I don't think it's necessary. It helps me feel like this TTC stuff is real, and makes me feel like I am doing something useful toward my goal, when I cannot control the rest of the process. I have also been weaning myself off diet soda, because I foresee that being my biggest obstacle if and when I do get pregnant.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results