clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 3:42:50 PM
Author: EBree

Date: 10/30/2007 2:45:36 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Maybe I''m the crazy one. I had to go into Babies R Us to buy a baby shower gift and I couldn''t get out of there fast enough. The place gives me hives. And this is when I had my bun in the oven.

Thank god I''m getting a ton of hand-me-downs!

You know, TGal, I could be your personal baby shopper. Just a thought.
9.gif
Well, if you want to hop over to the preggo thread and give me a list of your suggestions and what you like, GO FOR IT! I like your taste, from what I have seen so far. I''ve also heard of the moby wrap and am thinking that might work for me.

Knock yourself out EBree...I promise to take pics of TTot in whatever I buy that you''ve suggested.
2.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
New mom just popping in here to send all of you my best wishes on your ttc journey!

Regalada, congratulations!!!!!!! You must be bursting with joy. It's so hard to keep it quiet. Just take it easy and enjoy these moments--I suggest writing it all down in a journal. Can't wait to follow your pregnancy--make sure you join us on the other thread. Sending you tons of sticky vibes!

Just to give you my quick story if you don't have time to read all the pages of the preggo thread: I was on the pill for 15 years, went off in Feb. 2006 when I was 35, charted for a few months on Fertility Friend just to get an idea of what my body does every month and got pregnant in August 2006 on our first month of really trying! I gave birth to a darling little girl on May 5, 2007 at 36 years old!!! Yes, it can happen for us "old" ladies!!!!

Regarding NYC hospitals, I can vouch for NY Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital at Columbia University Medical Center. I had amazing care throughout my pregnancy and a fantastic labor and delivery. I can't say anything negative about my entire experience. NY Presbyterian/Cornell Medical Center is the sister hospital and it's also highly reputable. One of my friends used their top RE for her severe infertility problems and got pregnant on her first IVF.

Regarding epidurals, trust Dani! She is the L&D nurse we would all want to have at our side!!! And I'll tell you this, your nurse makes all the difference. The doctor comes in at the last minute while the nurse is there with you throughout. I had an epidural and it definitely did NOT slow down my progress. I couldn't feel the pushing either and only had one small tear that healed in no time. I am a big epidural fan and wouldn't mind going through life with one inserted! Don't fear the epidural, it is your friend!!!
35.gif
Hi, Dani!!! Where are your wedding photos?!?!

I'm sure I'll have plenty to contribute to this thread. I'm excited for all of you and sending tons of baby dust your way!! Good luck and have fun with it!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Blushingbride, I''m so glad you started this thread! DH and I aren''t TTC yet, but we''ve decided that we''ll start before next Thanksgiving
36.gif
. I''m hoping it will be sooner since I''ve had BOTB since before the wedding, but only time will tell when he''ll be ready. I think once we buy a house (we''re going out looking again on Thursday) it will be a big step for him towards being ready.

I''ve been hanging out (lurking mostly) on the BOTB board on the nest wishing that there was something like that over here and now there is! Yay!

This is my first cycle off of bc (I was on nuvaring) because I was starting to get freaked out by how many women on the nest were taking a long time to start ovulating after stopping bc. I want to just use FAM as our new bc method, but I don''t think DH trusts it enough to not use backup. I just got TCOYF and I seriously can''t put it down
1.gif
. I just started charting BBT this morning. The good thing about having a year until we TTC is that I''ll know my cycle like the back of my hand
3.gif

brgirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi! We''re not exactly TTC just yet, but I have been reading this thread for when I''m ready (it will be sometime next year)!

For those of use new to the ''lingo'' - can someone explain some of the initials? I figured out TTC after a few posts when this started...but I sat here for 10 minutes trying to figure out BOTB..(Baby on the Brain?!)

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 12:59:02 PM
Author: peonygirl
Hi girls! I've skipped over a few posts, but I was curious about why you're doing charting instead or just purchasing an ovulation monitor. Of course I'm very new to this, so I apologize if that's a dumb question!

After years of playing around with various types of hormonal birth control, my gyno and I have come to the conclusion that it just doesn't work well with my body. I'm currently charting with the hopes of trying to avoid that way (we're using condoms in the meantime), and figuring that it will help me out when we do TTC.

For anyone else thinking about charting or who just wants to be more aware of what's going on with their body, Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a great read. I learned so much more from that than I did from high school health class.
1.gif

ETA: Congratulations, Regalada!!!
36.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 6:13:30 PM
Author: brgirl
Hi! We're not exactly TTC just yet, but I have been reading this thread for when I'm ready (it will be sometime next year)!

For those of use new to the 'lingo' - can someone explain some of the initials? I figured out TTC after a few posts when this started...but I sat here for 10 minutes trying to figure out BOTB..(Baby on the Brain?!)

Some that I've seen on this thread:

TTC: Trying to conceive
BOTB: Babies on the brain
TCOYF: Taking Charge of Your Fertility, a book (and related software)
FF: Fertility Friend (fertilityfriend.com), to help with charting
BBT: Basal body temperature
L&D: Labor and delivery

Others that are common when talking about TTC or pregnancy:

BC: Birth control
NTNTC: Not trying not to conceive
BFP: Big Fat Positive (on a pregnancy test)
POAS: Pee on a stick
FAM: Fertility awareness method
CM: Cervical mucus
EWCM: Egg white CM, which is the most fertile type of cervical mucus and an indication that you should have sex if you're TTC

I'm sure that I'm missing a lot of things, these were just off the top of my head (which is really sad, seeing as we're currently TTA -- trying to avoid).

ETA:
O: ovulation
DPO: days past ovulation

brgirl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, Blenheim!!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a list someone compiled in the pregnancy thread.

AF - Aunt Flo (menstrual period)
AFNW – Aunt Flo Not Wanted
AFSA - Aunt Flo Stay Away
BD - Baby Dancing (intercourse)
BM - Bowel Movement
BBT - Basal Body Temperature (For use when charting your cycles)
BCP - Birth Control Pills
BFP- Big Fat Positive
BFN- Big Fat Negative
BPM - Beats Per Minute (heart rate of the baby)
BTW - By The Way
C# or Cy# - Amount of cycles you have TTC (e.g. C#2 – Cycle 2)
CB - Cycle Buddy (someone who shares a similar cycle as you)
CD - Cycle Day (CD1 is the 1st day of AF)
CF- Cervical Fluid (also known as CM)
CM - Cervical Mucous (also known as CF)
CP - Cervical Position
D&C - Dilation and Curettage (A procedure that scrapes the lining from the uterus after miscarriage)
DG (or Dx) - Diagnosed or Diagnosis
DPO - Days Past Ovulation
EDD - Estimated Due Date
EPO - Evening Primrose Oil
EWCM - Egg White Cervical Mucous (Most Fertile, Resembles Egg Whites)
FAM - Fertility Awareness Method (Charting BBT, CF, & CP to achieve PG)
FM - Fertility Monitor
FP - Follicular Phase - The first half of your cycle from CD1 to Ovulation
HPT - Home Pregnancy Test
HSG – Hysterosalpingogram (Test for infertility and recurrent miscarriage that evaluates the fallopian tubes and uterus)
IUI – Intra-Uterine Insemination
IVF- In Vitro Fertilization
LP - Luteal Phase - length of time from O to CD1
LPD - Luteal Phase Defect (A LP generally less than 10 days in length)
MB - Mercy Boink
M/C - Miscarriage
MD - Medical Doctor
NFP - Natural Family Planning
O - Ovulation
OC - Ovulation Calculator
OPK - Ovulation Prediction Kit
OPT - Ovulation Prediction Test
POAS- Pee On A Stick (pregnancy test)
PCOS - Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
PCOD - Polycystic Ovarian Disease
PG – Pregnant, Pregnancy
RE - Reproductive Endocrinologist
Rx - Prescription
SA - Sperm Analysis
SAHD - Stay-at-Home Dad
SAHM - Stay-at-Home Mom
Spot – Prelude to AF or possibly implantation spotting
TAB - Taking a Break from TTC
TTC - Trying To Conceive
TCOYF - Taking Charge of Your Fertility (Book by Toni Weschler)
TWW – Two Week Wait (aka 2ww)
U/S - Ultrasound
UTI- Urinary Tract Infection
WTT - Waiting to Test
WTTC – Waiting to TTC

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 6:27:41 PM
Author: Blenheim

After years of playing around with various types of hormonal birth control, my gyno and I have come to the conclusion that it just doesn''t work well with my body. I''m currently charting with the hopes of trying to avoid that way (we''re using condoms in the meantime), and figuring that it will help me out when we do TTC.
Blenheim- if it''s not too personal, I was wondering if you would share your experience w/ the IUD? I could not do hormonal OCP either, made my skin terrible and my hair fall out. eeeeeek I could not deal with that. So I stopped a few years ago.. and I''ve been thinking of going the Mirena IUD route now since it is supposed to be more locally acting hormone. But maybe that''s not quite the case! Any insight you have would be appreciated
1.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 7:36:50 PM
Author: icekid
Date: 10/30/2007 6:27:41 PM

Author: Blenheim

After years of playing around with various types of hormonal birth control, my gyno and I have come to the conclusion that it just doesn''t work well with my body. I''m currently charting with the hopes of trying to avoid that way (we''re using condoms in the meantime), and figuring that it will help me out when we do TTC.

Blenheim- if it''s not too personal, I was wondering if you would share your experience w/ the IUD? I could not do hormonal OCP either, made my skin terrible and my hair fall out. eeeeeek I could not deal with that. So I stopped a few years ago.. and I''ve been thinking of going the Mirena IUD route now since it is supposed to be more locally acting hormone. But maybe that''s not quite the case! Any insight you have would be appreciated
1.gif

I''m a little reluctant to answer, not because it''s too personal but because I feel like I had a pretty atypical experience. I chose it partially because the hormone dosage is much lower than other types of hormonal birth control and seems to be fairly local, so I hoped that it would do better with my body.

Insertion''s usually the worst part. It was painful, in a sharp and intense way, but it doesn''t last too long. I was crampy for the rest of the day and a little of the next and then felt back to normal for a while. Removal was similar, but much shorter.

For me -- and I think this part is pretty atypical -- the Mirena IUD made my cramping a lot worse. I started getting PMS symptoms that I hadn''t had before, such as really sore breasts and nausea. I also started sometimes and very unpredictably having lots of pain during intercourse, which wasn''t a problem before the IUD (but has continued some since getting it removed). I had an ultrasound to see if the IUD was still correctly in place and hadn''t perforated my uterus, etc, and that I didn''t have ovarian cysts that were causing the pain, but everything seemed normal. Another thing that I''ve noticed more after talking my doctor and having it removed is that my joints (knees, especially) feel better without it in. Evidently the hormones in it are some of the ones that help joints open up so that a baby can fit through the hips during childbirth, which is great for childbirth but not for everyday. According to my doc, studies have shown that women tend to have more knee injuries and other joint injuries when they have increased levels of the particular hormones (whether naturally or from bc).

Again, I do not think that my experience was at all representative of how a typical woman reacts to an IUD. As the pain has continued some since having it removed, they may be unrelated -- I''m working with my doctor right now on figuring that out. The convenience of not having to take a pill everyday is great, as is the effectiveness of an IUD (the Mirena is more effective then sterilization).

There is a copper IUD out (the paragard) that''s nonhormonal, which is also something that you could think about if you''re interested in IUDs but want to avoid hormones.

Sorry for the long-winded threadjack!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies!

Well, I just got home from working 13 hrs at the hospital, so I am exhausted....and I have to do the same thing tommorrow, so I dont have alot of time to talk right now...I just wanted to check in and say "hi"......Blushingbride and EBree....can''t wait to talk to you/share my thoughts about everything you''ve brought up.....The whole subject of L&D is so interesting, isnt it? LOL, I am such a dork!!!

Hi Curly!!!
35.gif
Its so great to hear from you! Thank you so much for your kind words!! You know if I could have, I would have been by your side when you delivered Lily!!! I hope everything is well with you and your family, and I miss talking to you! We really need to plan a NYC get-together!!!

As far as the wedding photos, can you believe I am still waiting for them? My photographer said next week though. I PROMISE PROMISE PROMISE to start a thread in the BWW forum with my pics when I get them! I can''t wait to share them with all of you!!!!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t forget one many of you may start experiencing soon:

M/S = Morning Sickness
2.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
great thread!

we just celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary and have been talking more and more about kids. we''re not quite ready yet, as there''s a couple of unknowns in our near future (jobs, moving, etc...). we hope to begin TTC next spring.

i''ve taken a couple of steps towards TTC, like buying and reading TCOYF (whew!), and asking my gyno about timelines for stopping the pill, taking pre-natals and all that. but that''s it for now.

i''ll be 37 next summer, so know that i need to get crackin''. but then i really wonder "what''s the hurry!" my thought is whatever happens, happens.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Ebree: I''ve bought something! DH and I were at the store the other day and we saw this little Maggie Simpson-esq sack with PUGS on it and I had to have it. The store only had it in blue but I could not resist. It''s hanging in my closet right now - so cute and cuddly just like real pugs.

My period was due today and nothing. I took a hpt first thing this a.m. and it was a BFN so I dunno. No period signs or pregnancy signs - just like last cycle. I wish I''d get a BFP or have AF show her ugly face so we can get on with life.

I''m not charting my BBT because from what I''ve read I don''t think it would be the most accurate for me. Last cycle I did ovulation tests, but it was my first cycle off of BC and my cycle was 35 days and not 28 days so I used them at the wrong time and got all negatives. I scrapped that method for this cycle and we just baby danced every other day beginning on CD10 until this past weekend. I keep track of my cycle days and the days we BD (baby dance) on a calendar and also track what days I''m on my period. Easy enough for me!

~Jess~

*currently on TTC Cycle 2, Cycle Day 36*

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 9:52:15 PM
Author: DivaDiamond007
Ebree: I''ve bought something! DH and I were at the store the other day and we saw this little Maggie Simpson-esq sack with PUGS on it and I had to have it. The store only had it in blue but I could not resist. It''s hanging in my closet right now - so cute and cuddly just like real pugs.

My period was due today and nothing. I took a hpt first thing this a.m. and it was a BFN so I dunno. No period signs or pregnancy signs - just like last cycle. I wish I''d get a BFP or have AF show her ugly face so we can get on with life.

I''m not charting my BBT because from what I''ve read I don''t think it would be the most accurate for me. Last cycle I did ovulation tests, but it was my first cycle off of BC and my cycle was 35 days and not 28 days so I used them at the wrong time and got all negatives. I scrapped that method for this cycle and we just baby danced every other day beginning on CD10 until this past weekend. I keep track of my cycle days and the days we BD (baby dance) on a calendar and also track what days I''m on my period. Easy enough for me!

~Jess~

Diva, I''m not totally through TCOYF, but one thing that it''s hammered into my brain so far is that most women''s cycles are actually not 28 days so temp charting can actually save you a lot of wondering. Most likely you O''ed later than you think which would mean that AF isn''t actually late yet.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 10:39:25 AM
Author: regalada
Well, ladies, I''m pregnant.

Congratulation!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
What a great way to start off the thread!!
21.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 6:08:35 PM
Author: robbie3982
Blushingbride, I''m so glad you started this thread! DH and I aren''t TTC yet, but we''ve decided that we''ll start before next Thanksgiving
36.gif
. I''m hoping it will be sooner since I''ve had BOTB since before the wedding, but only time will tell when he''ll be ready. I think once we buy a house (we''re going out looking again on Thursday) it will be a big step for him towards being ready.

I''ve been hanging out (lurking mostly) on the BOTB board on the nest wishing that there was something like that over here and now there is! Yay!

This is my first cycle off of bc (I was on nuvaring) because I was starting to get freaked out by how many women on the nest were taking a long time to start ovulating after stopping bc. I want to just use FAM as our new bc method, but I don''t think DH trusts it enough to not use backup. I just got TCOYF and I seriously can''t put it down
1.gif
. I just started charting BBT this morning. The good thing about having a year until we TTC is that I''ll know my cycle like the back of my hand
3.gif
Hey Robbie - you and i went off BC around the same time. Did you get your AF yet? I should''ve gotten mine last Friday and still waiting.
40.gif
From what I''ve heard, it may take a while!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 8:51:13 AM
Author: blushingbride

Hey Robbie - you and i went off BC around the same time. Did you get your AF yet? I should''ve gotten mine last Friday and still waiting.
40.gif
From what I''ve heard, it may take a while!
No AF yet, but it''s only CD 15 for me so it would be pretty early. I just started charting yesterday so I should be able to tell if I''m ovulating at least. The last time I went off bc my doctor had my chart temps to see if I would ovulate because I was having so many problems with the bc. I bet I still have those cards somewhere....If I could find them I''d be able to see how long it took me to get back to normal last time...I might have to search my old papers when I get home
1.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock

Pugs, you say?
9.gif
It sounds adorable!

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 10:17:02 PM
Author: robbie3982

~Jess~

Diva, I''m not totally through TCOYF, but one thing that it''s hammered into my brain so far is that most women''s cycles are actually not 28 days so temp charting can actually save you a lot of wondering. Most likely you O''ed later than you think which would mean that AF isn''t actually late yet.
Robbie: I read all about temping on FF and I don''t think it''s the right method for me. I remember reading something having to temp first thing in the a.m. but only after sleeping for 3 hours straight and that''s where the problem is. I generally wake up at lease once an hour so I''m not sure that my temps would be accurate. Besides, if the pugs make eye contact then they know I''m up and have to go potty right away to avoid accidents. I guess they''re preparing me for motherhood
20.gif
They are cuties though!

I know now to not expect a "pill induced" 28 day cycle so we''re just getting it on every other day - and it is exhausting! Hehehehe. If we are not successful this cycle then I''ll probably look into ovulation tests again.

REGALADA - Congrats!!
36.gif
I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!

~Jess~

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Can someone do a quick explanation on how to take your temperature???
33.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 3:42:11 PM
Author: blushingbride
Can someone do a quick explanation on how to take your temperature???
33.gif

This website/FAQ might be helpful:

Fertility Friend Charting

Scroll down past the CM information to the BBT information.

ETA: I changed the website I had originally to the one above, which is from Fertility Friend.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been following the Prengnat PSers thread and I thought I''d post here (I wasn''t sure which thread to use). My FI and I are getting married next summer, so we''re not TTC yet. He''s 35 and I''m 34, as of today actually. I''m also overweight (well, we both are but this particular issue relates more to me I suppose). My doctor has said that having kids isn''t advised until I get the weight issue under control. Since age is also a factor, there are days it seems like having kids is sooooo far off in the future (and neither of us wanted to be "older" parents). I think I''d feel more pressure if I wasn''t a teacher, but right now, I''m with my little kids all day and it''s kinda nice to go home to peace and quiet. Okay, I *think* there''s a question here somewhere...

What would you think is the best age to have kids by? (poorly worded but hopefully it reads okay) Is 35 really the magic age? If so, MAN, do I have work to do!
5.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 6:43:17 PM
Author: zoebartlett
I''ve been following the Prengnat PSers thread and I thought I''d post here (I wasn''t sure which thread to use). My FI and I are getting married next summer, so we''re not TTC yet. He''s 35 and I''m 34, as of today actually. I''m also overweight (well, we both are but this particular issue relates more to me I suppose). My doctor has said that having kids isn''t advised until I get the weight issue under control. Since age is also a factor, there are days it seems like having kids is sooooo far off in the future (and neither of us wanted to be ''older'' parents). I think I''d feel more pressure if I wasn''t a teacher, but right now, I''m with my little kids all day and it''s kinda nice to go home to peace and quiet. Okay, I *think* there''s a question here somewhere...

What would you think is the best age to have kids by? (poorly worded but hopefully it reads okay) Is 35 really the magic age? If so, MAN, do I have work to do!
5.gif
Happy birthday Zoe! I don''t think there''s a best age to have children. It''s really a personal preference and there''s so many factors to consider, not just age. For my husband and I, we want to be young parents. I say I want to have two kids by the time I''m 30 but we''ll see what happens!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 7:17:26 PM
Author: snlee

For my husband and I, we want to be young parents. I say I want to have two kids by the time I'm 30 but we'll see what happens!

I (we- DH and I) agree, snlee! We'll be 25/26 at the earliest when our first baby is born. I don't want a huge age gap between children. I think 2-3 years is ideal, and as of now, we only want 2. Possibly 3, but 2 sounds good.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 9:01:23 PM
Author: EBree

Date: 10/31/2007 7:17:26 PM
Author: snlee

For my husband and I, we want to be young parents. I say I want to have two kids by the time I''m 30 but we''ll see what happens!
I (we- DH and I) agree, snlee! We''ll be 25/26 at the earliest when our first baby is born. I don''t want a huge age gap between children. I think 2-3 years is ideal, and as of now, we only want 2. Possibly 3, but 2 sounds good.
EBree, it''s funny how we think alike! We''ll be the same age too and we think 2-3 year age gap is ideal. If we have a boy and a girl maybe we''d stop but possibly a third.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 6:43:17 PM
Author: zoebartlett
I''ve been following the Prengnat PSers thread and I thought I''d post here (I wasn''t sure which thread to use). My FI and I are getting married next summer, so we''re not TTC yet. He''s 35 and I''m 34, as of today actually. I''m also overweight (well, we both are but this particular issue relates more to me I suppose). My doctor has said that having kids isn''t advised until I get the weight issue under control. Since age is also a factor, there are days it seems like having kids is sooooo far off in the future (and neither of us wanted to be ''older'' parents). I think I''d feel more pressure if I wasn''t a teacher, but right now, I''m with my little kids all day and it''s kinda nice to go home to peace and quiet. Okay, I *think* there''s a question here somewhere...

5.gif

From what my doctor explained to me, fertility and ease of conceiving just generally decreases with age. A 30 year old (on average) will have more troubles than a 25 year old, a 35 year old will have more troubles than a 30 year old, etc. Also, the risk of certain complications increases with age, but (from what she told me) there''s not some sort of magical cut-off. The reason that you keep hearing 35 is because that''s the arbitrary line that insurance companies set for when they''ll cover certain precautionary procedures and testing.

If your doctor is telling you that you shouldn''t have kids until you get your weight under control, s/he''s probably decided that the risks of the extra weight outweigh the risks of waiting an additional year or two.

Happy birthday, by the way!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Just want to send lots of baby dust to you ladies on the TTC train!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Jess--
Are you checking your CM (sorry if that''s too personal) as well?
I charted my BBT for 3 months just to make sure that I did see that temperature shift to verify that I am indeed ovulating.
In charting, I found that my CM is pretty much in sync with the temperature shift, so I just relied on that info.
I tried the ovulation kit, but didn''t get a surge. I am fairly certain that I tested within my window because my cycles are fairly regular.
If you cycle is not regular, the ovulation kit can be pretty costly as you may have to test more.

In line with what I''ve read in the fertility sites, I found that my luteal phase (the last day of your fertile CM to onset of AF) is typically around 13-14 days. So the first half of my cycle can vary about 1-2 days. With a 26-day cycle, my last CM would be on day 13. With a 28-day cycle, my last CM would be on day 15.

Anyway, good luck!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2007 3:33:57 PM
Author: lili
Jess--
Are you checking your CM (sorry if that''s too personal) as well?
I charted my BBT for 3 months just to make sure that I did see that temperature shift to verify that I am indeed ovulating.
In charting, I found that my CM is pretty much in sync with the temperature shift, so I just relied on that info.
I tried the ovulation kit, but didn''t get a surge. I am fairly certain that I tested within my window because my cycles are fairly regular.
If you cycle is not regular, the ovulation kit can be pretty costly as you may have to test more.

In line with what I''ve read in the fertility sites, I found that my luteal phase (the last day of your fertile CM to onset of AF) is typically around 13-14 days. So the first half of my cycle can vary about 1-2 days. With a 26-day cycle, my last CM would be on day 13. With a 28-day cycle, my last CM would be on day 15.

Anyway, good luck!
The discovery of my cervical mucus what what led me to be pregnant. I was like, whoa...what the heck is THAT? Something I haven''t seen in 15 years. But in the back of my find, I must have filed away the knowledge that CM is an indicator of ovulation, and I was right.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results