shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, Swimmer! Hoping for a sticky bean!

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
Mel, I am so sorry that this was not your month. I am wishing you the very best when it is time to try again.

Swimmer, CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you! I am thinking sticky thoughts for you!!

Dreamer, thank you so much for coming back to this thread and giving us reassurance and advice. It really does mean a lot, at least it does to me.

Lindsey, I hope that your tww flies by quickly. Even if this is not your month, you are getting good information on your chart to help pinpoint possible issues (like late ovulation).

Fisher, I am not a prayer in general, but I know you are, so I am sending some your way in hopes that we get great news from you this week.

HouMed and others who have wished me well and provided support, thank you. All of the well wishes really helped, because I think I''m the first person on this thread who is super excited to report that AF arrived today. It has really been a welcome relief in that I feel like I can now finally put my miscarriage behind me. I will never forget my little one that wasn''t meant to be, but I do feel like it is time to move on and try again. So, CD 1 for me. I''m going to try OPK''s this month. Historically, I''ve been ovulating between days 14-17. Do I start the OPKs on a certain cycle day, or when I first see possible fertile CM? I don''t have much CM at all, except for during my fertile days if that makes a difference.

To the newcomers, I second and third and fourth the suggestion to read Taking Charge of your Fertility. Also check out the Sperm Meets Egg Plan (do an internet search for it) if you haven''t done so already.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Swimmer - (cautious) congrats so far! Sounds like things are going well so far. I bet the beta doubling wait will be almost worse than the 2ww now... Good luck! I totally love that you were fooling around when the phone rang. DH made me promise to never tell my mother this (or to post it on my blog), but right when he was in the middle of "doing his part" for our IVF cycle, my mother rang him up on Skype, completely destroying the limited mood and all his concentration. Poor man!

LV - BD on O-1 and O-2 are statistically more likely to get you pg anyhow, so I think BDing on the day you get the +ve OPK is ideal, and you look like you did that.

Lanie - I''ve had a couple docs tell me that an egg that''s ovulated really late is not likely to be as good a quality as one that pops at the normal time. I think anything before about CD18 is probably pretty good. Once you''re past CD22 or so, things are getting a little drawn out. I think Lindsey''s chart actually looks like a split peak as per the Creighton method. Two periods of fertile CM, but no temp rise after the first one. It''s supposed to usually be related to stress, that your body tries to O but doesn''t, and then needs to get the hormones ramped up again to O for real.

Melanie - I hope you get your questions about your uterus answered before your FET comes along. My fingers are still crossed for you, and my thoughts are always with you. (And I''m all over little girls too, even though I''ll be just as happy if this one''s a boy!).

I guess I''ve made it out of the first trimester now - snuck myself into a room with a fetal doppler at work today, and after a moment of panic, managed to locate the babe''s little heart beating away at 153. Thank God! Then had to do the anesthetic for a woman 6wks pregnant for appendicitis. At least I was able to reassure her that all my drugs are safe, and to congratulate her on having a nice heartbeat of 118 on today''s ultrasound at 6wks5days when they went looking for her appendicitis. Her ultrasound the previous week hadn''t found a heartbeat, so she was pretty excited. I wonder when the nurses or other doctors are going to start wondering why I know so much about fetal development and what you can see on ultrasound when... :)

HMG - I actually liked their CM-checking instructions better than TCOYF''s. I was never sure what fluid I was getting in there with the internal check, but when I had good EWCM on the external check, boy was there no mistaking it. Plus a free (and online, accessible from anywhere) resource is always a good thing to have.

Night to all!
Kate

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
LANIE!!! OMG, are you kidding me??! Dude, I went to school (kindergarten-12th) in Hawkins, and my parents (and my brother's family) now live in Mineola!!! Holy crap!! The house I grew up in (from 6 mos of age until I left for college) is right between Hawkins and Mineola off of Highway 80!! In fact, I used to wait tables at the restaurant at Holly Lake when I was in high schoool!You are totally my doppelganger! LOL!! Did you grow up in that area too, or is it just that your parents live there now? This is toooooo funny!! I think this means we should get together for dinner sometime.
9.gif

SWIMMER!! Congratulations!!! Sending mucho sticky vibes your way...sooo excited for you!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Fisher, I'm totally dying for you to test.
9.gif
Only a couple more days, right??

NewShiny, here's to a fresh start!! Best of luck this cycle!
9.gif

ETA: Lanie, my hubby is from England...don't tell me yours is too?!? LOL!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
NewShiny- Congrats on CD1. As far as the OPK, if you''ve been ovulating between day 14-17, I think I would start them on day 11 or 12.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Swimmer!!! Congratulations!!!!!

Praying for you and your little one, and wishing you a healthy nine months!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Swimmer, congrats!!! I''m so happy for you!

melz

Shiny_Rock
Swimmer that is AMAZING! Oh so happy for you! WOW.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/30/2009 9:54:55 PM
Author: drk

LV - BD on O-1 and O-2 are statistically more likely to get you pg anyhow, so I think BDing on the day you get the +ve OPK is ideal, and you look like you did that.
Kate,

Thank you! I read this last night and was relieved! I didn''t know that, so I felt much better. Here''s hoping!

Festy

Shiny_Rock
Melanie, I''m so sorry it didn''t work this time. I hope the month off will be a nice break for you guys and that one of the "frosties" cooperates! I''ll be thinking of you.

Swimmer - woohoo!!! So happy for you! Do you go back for follow-up blood work anytime soon? We need updates!

Fisher - nice restraint! Keeping my fingers crossed for.

Sorry not to give a shout-out to everyone else individually. I''ve had family in town all weekend and am just playing catch-up. Am at 8 DPO and feeling/knowing that I''m very not pregnant. So we''ll have to cheer on Lindsey with her awesome timing - good luck!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Swimmer- Congratulations!!! So exciting!!

I just want to wish all that are TTC the best of luck!

Lanie!!!!!!!! Yayyyyy!!!!!! I'll be thinking about you and pulling for you!!!!!! Looks like there are more Houstonians around, we may need to set up a Get Together this fall!?! Anyway, so excited for you and DH. Good luck!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
congratulations swimmer
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I was checking this thread pretty frequently yesterday, hoping of the good word. Hurray!!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS Swimmer!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Sending heaps and mounds of sticky dust your way!!!!!!

melz

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/30/2009 9:30:38 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly
So, today''s been an emotional day on this thread. Read from my phone this morning about Mel, and cried for her. Then came on tonight, read Swimmer''s news, and cried for her.

Mel, I''m so sorry. The let down grows with every try, and I ache for you. I really do. But I''m hoping that this is only the storm that leads to the miracle. Take time, and know we''re thinking of you. Come back when you''re ready...

Fisher I just wanted to say how much this touched me. But I don''t want to make you cry! I had a quick cry and now I''m looking forward. Onward and upward as they say. I would be so thrilled if this were the month for you. And I am really psyched about Swimmer''s news. Since we live nearby-ish, I''m going to be eyeing every pregnant woman I see wondering if it''s Swimmer!

Anyway I won''t really be away, I''ll be lurking for BFPs! (and actually I''m not doing a very good job of staying away, am i?)

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/30/2009 4:50:56 AM
Author: nycbkgirl
BB-
im sooo glad u are gettin top notch care and monitoring...I was also so amazed by that bc u don''t get that at ur average doc or clinic. I mean when someone say ''top of the line''...this is truly it! Its the only way to go imo when ur doing smthg so serious as this. I couldn''t rave about this place enough! Yeh I did lots of iui''s and 1 ivf and u shoulda seen my arm! Lol...but they take the blood so well and so fast...I actually knew which techs did it fast and easy with no bruising and I only went to those ..they all knew me there lol. Once they are happy with an outcome in terms of follicles,lining etc...that''s a good thing! My doc never showed emotion (he is mr big boy there so I understand) but if he looked happy, I felt good...try to stay positive always and know there is no other place that will get u better results! So it will work whether its now or later...it will happen ;-)....im always around but have many a situation to deal with here..so may take a while to respond..but im always reading...im ur biggest cheerleader :) ... Rooting for ya (and everyone else!).

Mel- urgh was tracking your 2ww and im soooo sorry
7.gif
....also wondering about frosties for next time?
Hi Nycbkgirl!
35.gif
I totally agree with everything you said. I was shocked by how much monitoring I received - their whole mission is to get women pregnant and I love that. They have a very efficient system there. They just recently set-up a computer at the front desk so women can do a self check-in. They give you a card to swipe when you arrive and either you or doctor fill out what you are getting done that day (bloodwork, ultrasound, etc). It''s fast and easy. I''m amazed by how many women are there each morning for monitoring - at least 20 or 30. I just read that your doctor was the doctor that Celine Dion recently visited for her successful IVF. Very cool!

Thanks for the positive energy, it truly means a lot. I hope that things get better with you and your situation (I''ve been lurking on the newborn thread). I can''t imagine how sleep deprived and overwhelmed you must feel w/ the two little ones. Although, I am not a mommy yet, I do know it gets better so, hang in there sweetie and try to think of all that you''ve been through to get where you are today and how worth it all is!
5.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/30/2009 9:54:22 PM
Author: NewShiny

HouMed and others who have wished me well and provided support, thank you. All of the well wishes really helped, because I think I''m the first person on this thread who is super excited to report that AF arrived today. It has really been a welcome relief in that I feel like I can now finally put my miscarriage behind me. I will never forget my little one that wasn''t meant to be, but I do feel like it is time to move on and try again. So, CD 1 for me. I''m going to try OPK''s this month. Historically, I''ve been ovulating between days 14-17. Do I start the OPKs on a certain cycle day, or when I first see possible fertile CM? I don''t have much CM at all, except for during my fertile days if that makes a difference.

To the newcomers, I second and third and fourth the suggestion to read Taking Charge of your Fertility. Also check out the Sperm Meets Egg Plan (do an internet search for it) if you haven''t done so already.
Nope - you are the second person on this thread to be super excited for AF to come!
2.gif
Although, now that I''ve seen her, I don''t want to see her again for the next 9 months! I totally felt the same way with having some closure to my miscarriage. I always say that I will NEVER forget what we''ve lost (I still look at our ultrasound pics every now and again and say a prayer) - I think about it every single day. But, it''s time to move foward and DH and I are both ready for a fresh start. Best of luck to you!
36.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Update on Clomid pregnancy - there''s just one in there!

I just wanted to come back and let you guys know that I had my first ultrasound today, and thank goodness, there is just one in there. I was on my second cycle of 50 mg Clomid to treat PCOS when we conceived the little one. It looks like my due date is April 23.

I just wanted to post my update on here since I know that many of you guys are on Clomid as well. No need to have Octomom fears ;-) After everything I read online, it seemed that everyone who took Clomid had either twins or triplets.
emsmileo.gif
Anyway, I just wanted to post my update. Take care everyone!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, swimmer!
36.gif
I''m so, so happy for you.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Swimmer: Congratulations!!!! I wish you a healthy pregnancy!!!!
36.gif

HOUMedGal: That is so crazy! My DH isn''t from England...I was just wondering. My parents got a lakehouse there, but didn''t move there until about 4 years ago, so I spent every summer there and most weekends. Where did you go to high school? How old are you? We do have to get together! I wish they had private messaging on here...

Meresal:
35.gif
Thanks for checking in over here! Yes! A Houston get together would be great! I see that the Knot girls have them all of the time, but I don''t really want to associate with them. And I know you understand that! So the Pricescope girls would be much more fun. How are you feeling? Glad to see the inlaws are excited!

drk: Thanks for the info. My cycles are sometimes really long, so I will bring that up next time I go to the doc.

NewShiny: Good attitude! I admire you and your DH for getting back into the whole thing, which is probably a little scary and emotional.

LovesVintage: I would be so annoyed if DH had to travel when we were timing. There''s only a window every month, and it''s such a precious window. Corporate world should understand, right?!
41.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
swimmer Great news! Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so so much Lulu, BB, Festy, Dreamer, Tiffany, Lanie, BB, EBree, Meresal, LV, Vesper, Laila, HMG, New Shiny, LPirate, and pupmom! Your well wishes are really making me feel like this is for real.

Melanie, the individual on PS who is a customer service rep for Whiteflash and formerly had a chainsaw as her avatar knows my deets. If you have been to a boston gtg, we know ladies in common. There could be a boston gathering soon. I hope we can both come and snarkily kibbitz. Festy too, whoever she is! Thinking of both of you and knowing that it is going to happen.

DrK, yes, it is a cautious excitement. More blood tomorrow.

Fisher, it is a very fine question. This time feels different in many ways. Mostly, I have to say my cervix is out of control. I have to pee so often, I feel like it is mmm, perhaps the size and texture of my nose…and I do not have a cute little button nose, more like a honkin’ schnozz. Not sure what is going on down there, but it is very different. The progesterone is doing its job. Last time I was getting over pneumonia and was just miserable and down to my skinny jeans. Now I’m feeling good and am weirdly bloated. So, psychologically very different and physically. The thing with pcos is that a miscarriage is so much more possible because of low progesterone. So hopefully it is truly creating a nice “tempurpedic” nest for that cluster of cells, where beforehand I was not giving it a very hospitable home.

Have to go teach some kids how to swim. Please, as future moms, make sure that your daughters learn how to swim before they are 15, that window of opportunity for learning how to swim properly gets smaller as they start to fear water. Oh, and when they try out for the swim team, don’t send them in string bikinis! Omg. Lots of work with the freshmen girls this year. Good distraction.

Anyway, thank you all again, i want this so badly for you!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fisher, I''m wishing SOOOO hard for a BFP for you in the next couple of days!

Nothing new here - 7 DPO and I have crazy indigestion which unfortunately for me is usually a symptom of PMS.

Anyone else from the Phila/NJ/NY area? The weather is BEAUTIFUL here today! The kind that makes you feel good no matter what might be going on in your life...and it''s supposed to last all week!
36.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Slight temp drop yesterday, I called it a fluke.

Big temp drop today. Pretty safe to say today's a new cycle for us.

As always, Paul's my absolute rock. He is so comforting and reassuring and sure that our time will come. I'm really scared of the day that fades away for either of us. There's just this incredible pull towards staying positive, and I just have to believe that somewhere just over the horizon, we'll have this child we dream of and pray for and talk about and save for. Honestly, we talk about this child every day, and I can't imagine not having the kid to talk about. Odd perhaps, but our lives. I think it's just part of walking in faith for us. Or craziness. Either way, there it is.

So, on to cycle 15 since coming off the pill, cycle 12 since trying to have a baby, and cycle 5 of clomid. I think. We're still trying to decide about that... is it funny that a part of me still wants this to be something I can do on my own? Well, and I'm running into the end of the rope on the Clomid train, and there's something comforting in knowing that the backup is still there.

Next Dr. appt. is Oct 4, I believe, so at that point if we're not pregnant (which we all know we will be!), we'll schedule for the HSG. And maybe that will be just what it takes.

Without hope we have nothing, and that's just not an option. The Bible says that you're not given a burden bigger than you can bear, and I believe that. I think a lot of times we think we can't handle a lot of things, but we're not nearly as weak as we think we are. And if nothing else, this is absolutely a growing time for mine and Paul's relationship, as well as our faith in God. The Bible also says that God brings good to His children, and I believe that. And I also believe that Godly desires of a person's heart are met and fulfilled, and because of that, we don't lose hope. Or faith. But it is hard sometimes.

I am thinking of you all, and wishing and praying for the time when each of us gets to happily proclaim that our turn has come.

Swimmer, still so excited for you... you must share your *symptoms* as they develop. Glad to know this feels different; I'm so happy for you!
9.gif

Pupp, glad for good weather. A little sunshine and breeze really does lift a person's spirit, doesn't it?
1.gif
Thinking of you in your waiting time...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fisher I''m sorry honey. Keep tight hold on your faith, it has served you so well so far and it will keep you going in the future too I am sure!

Festy

Shiny_Rock
Fisher, I''m so sorry. You are a great comfort to so many of us here and I know we are all imagining that day when you share your BFP with us. It is going to be SUCH a party! Until then, we will hope and pray with you.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Fisher...I''m sorry to hear that your temp dropped. You have such a strong faith. Thanks for posting your last post. It was really nice to read that!

OK, I''m starting to think about my periods nonstop. I have an appt with my gyno for Oct 1st because my periods are literally all over the place. I didn''t know that it''s bad to ovulate late (i.e. have really long cycles). I just thought you ovulated late, then everything else happened normally (implantation, etc). I didn''t realize it would be an issue. I''ve been off BC for 8 months and my periods are still crazy. The more I''m reading about delayed ovulation, the more I''m realizing that it''s not good.

I think I started my period yesterday, but I can''t tell. Sorry if this is TMI. I had my last period on August 13, which would put me at cycle day 20. TWENTY PEOPLE! I can''t tell if it''s a period or just really dark spotting. My temps are low and don''t indicate that it''s ovulation bleeding or implantation spotting or anything like that. Here is a list of my cycles since BC:

1st was 34 days
2nd was 59 days
3rd was 71 l o n g days
4th was 23 days

Does anyone else have anything like this? During those long cycles, I would get random spotting, and I''m starting to think that maybe they were super light periods???

I''m sorry...but I''m stressing over this big time. My husband isn''t worried at all. He says unless my doc gives me reason to worry, then don''t worry. He doesn''t understand that I can''t even remotely predict when they are going to be!

Do you guys think I should move up my appt with my doctor to see what''s going on???? Or give it more time? I thougth 8 months after BC would put me back to normal.
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Congrats swimmer!
1.gif
Hope you have a sticky 9 months!

Fisher and melanie...sorry this cycle wasn''t the one. Hoping and praying that your bfps are soon in coming...((HUGS))

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fisher - I'm very sorry about AF arriving. I think it is wonderful that you have your wonderful husband and your faith to rely upon. I am holding much hope in my heart for you and your DH.

Lanie - If you are able to schedule a sooner appointment, then I think you may as well. It might just put your mind at ease, right? I have my appointment scheduled for next Weds, and let me tell you, I just cannot wait! I'll actually be 13DPO then, so maybe I'll convince her to give me a bloodtest!! I'm sure I will have taken a number of POAS by then.
37.gif

cara

Ideal_Rock
Oooh Fisher, so sorry its not this month. What a bummer. So glad you and Paul are staying strong through this - it can really pull some couples in the other direction.

Congrats, congrats, congrats, Swimmer!!! What awesome news. Its been a long trip for you, has it not?

Lanie, were I you, I''d go talk to the doc about the irregularity prior to TTC. That''s certainly some variation you''ve got there, and 8 months off BC should be enough for your body to sort most of it out.

And fingers crossed for the rest of you all, LV, festy, blushing, lovely and others I''m surely forgetting...

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Fisher:
14.gif
14.gif
and
14.gif
once more. I''m so sorry that this is such a struggle. I, too, am trying to fight to remain hopeful about all of this, but it really gets hard as the months tick by. For me, the first day of a new cycle is always the hardest. The second day is much better. I hope that your tomorrow is much better! I''d hug you if I could.

newshiny: to new beginnings. I''m glad that yours has come!! wishing you the best.

laine: I agree with cara that you should think about consulting a dr. about your very varied cycle durations. hope that they normalize soon!

LV: thinking of you during the TWW. hope that it''s going quickly.

swimmer: your post about string bikini-clad, swim team hopefuls made me laugh. good luck with your next blood draw!!

cara: thanks for the thoughts! where are you again in your cycle. hopefully, KTFU
3.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results