color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome Lanie!
35.gif

The abbreviations can be confusing. I always recommend Taking Charge of Your Fertility! Many of us have read it and learned all about charting and TTC tips from that book.

Festy

Shiny_Rock
Lulu - how incredibly frustrating! And unfortunately it sounds so familiar. Of course coupled with the ginormous bill it is like pouring lemon juice in the paper cut. I''m glad it worked out ok in the end.

Lindsey - good to know. I will definitely stay away from the FR OPKs. What a pain!

Swimmer - hiya, no progesterone for me, just regular old LP. Same old LP as all my non-preggers cycles so far, which is discouraging. Sorry about the BFN, but it''s still early. Do you have a blood test scheduled? I know Melanie''s is coming up...so exciting! I have a feeling my nurse might make me get the blood test even if AF shows.

Hi Lanie, and welcome. Yup, it''s a long thread alright, and unfortunately the way the search engine works it does not read through each individual thread for your search terms. It''s totally worth your time to read or skim the first 20-30 pages, though. I know that sounds absurd, but I found it really helpful. I''m pretty sure those abbreviations are spelled out in the beginning of the thread. Also, if you do the tutorial on Fertility Friend some of the abbreviations will start to make sense.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
I wish you guys would hurry up and pee on some sticks and/or give some blood samples soon!!! hehe. I can't wait to hear about some BFP's!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I have to live vicariously until we actually start trying in earnest.
31.gif

Hi Lanie!
35.gif
Congrats on "coming out"! hehe. Yup, I'm a Houstonian too! We live in the med center area (close to work for me). It will be fun to be starting to TTC together! I have been charting too, but honestly my temps have been all over the place. I think it's related to my crazy sleep pattern (I'm on call in the hospital every 4th night and get varying amounts of sleep) and also maybe my body coming off hormonal BC. I'm hoping, as you said, that things straighten out after I chart for a couple cycles. Like Laila suggested, I would also recommend getting Taking Charge of Your Fertility. I bought it several months ago, and it has been indispensable in learning about charting, natural family planning, etc. Great book!

Swimmer, sorry about the BFN. But it's still early, right? I'm still feeling positive vibes for you! :)

Lindsey, here's hoping for that temp rise very soon!! I will keep my fingers crossed!

Ugh, Lulu, sorry you had to deal with all that crap. Like you said, it's hard enough already! So will you be starting Clomid? And trying IUI? Best of luck as you take this next step.

Fisher, I agree....they should seat you with your hubby. I'll call the bride too! Seriously...that's totally not PC. So you had cramping, eh? Could be a good sign!! Maybe it wasn't in your head. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your symptoms aren't "pseudo"....
1.gif

NewShiny...I hope AF comes back soooon! I can imagine that it must be very frustrating waiting for things to normalize when all you want to do is try again.

Puppmom, sounds like you made good use of this cycle!! I hope your 2ww isn't too painful....I don't have any good suggestions on how to pass the time, I'm HORRIBLE at waiting especially when it's something I'm super excited about!

Soooo I'm starting to get a little discouraged about my chart....my temps are all over the place (have had 2 highish spikes amongst my mostly lower temps...had my lowest temp yet yesterday then had my second highest temp yet today), I can't figure out what kind of CM I've got going on (I think I haven't had anything except dry or creamy since the cycle started??) and I'm wondering how long it's going to take for me to ovulate normally since I've been on hormonal BC for so long (almost 10 yrs). My work schedule isn't going to change anytime soon, which means that my inconsistent sleep schedule isn't changing either, so I wonder if charting alone is going to be sufficient for me to figure out when I'm O'ing, or if I should just go right to OPK's when we start trying. Do you think it's just because this is the 1st cycle off BC and I haven't ovulated or had a normal AF off BC yet?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2009 6:32:31 PM
Author: HOUMedGal

Soooo I''m starting to get a little discouraged about my chart....my temps are all over the place (have had 2 highish spikes amongst my mostly lower temps...had my lowest temp yet yesterday then had my second highest temp yet today), I can''t figure out what kind of CM I''ve got going on (I think I haven''t had anything except dry or creamy since the cycle started??) and I''m wondering how long it''s going to take for me to ovulate normally since I''ve been on hormonal BC for so long (almost 10 yrs). My work schedule isn''t going to change anytime soon, which means that my inconsistent sleep schedule isn''t changing either, so I wonder if charting alone is going to be sufficient for me to figure out when I''m O''ing, or if I should just go right to OPK''s when we start trying. Do you think it''s just because this is the 1st cycle off BC and I haven''t ovulated or had a normal AF off BC yet?
If you have not had a normal AF since going of BCP, I wouldn''t worry one little bit about your temps etc yet. Some women ovulate right away when they come off the pill and for others there may be an anovulatory cycle or two. I know for me I don''t think that I ovulated normally my first cycle, and my second had a 7 day LP. Got preggo on my third cycle. In addition, my CM was *not* fertile until my thrid cycle either. So give it time. The hormone surge pre-O is what regulates your pre-O temps, as is the surge in progesterone etc. post-O, so it is normal also to have temps be all over the place in the early part of the pre-O partpf your cycle, and then to see them start to become consistently low in the days or so before ovulation. But again,. if this is only the first month off the pill, it is totally normal to ovualte, not ovulate, whatever! Wait and see what happens over the next couple of cycles. I also firmly believe that assessing CM is the key to it all. Once you get the hang of that it is much easier to know what is going on. In particular, if you are not already, I recommend using two fingers to assess CM internally. Sort of swirl the index and middle finger around the cervix and kind of "pinch" them and then withdraw. This will allow you to know what is at the cervix, which can be very different that what you see externally. When I got the hang of that it was a lot easier, though it does require... ahem... becoming more comfortbale with your body that you might want to be
3.gif

The sleep thing may affect your temps or it may not. Some women have temps that are consistent and bi-phasic no matter how they slept, whereas others are very affected, you won''t know until you try for a few cycles. I say it takes about 3 cycles to really get the hang of it, so its good to start before TTC since it is really agonizing to worry about your chart when you are also actively TTC!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the pep talk, Dreamer. :) Yanno, you''re totally right about the hormones being what cause all the changes we track anyway, and how can I expect my hormones to be normal when I''ve only been off the ring for about 3 weeks? I went to medical school...I should know better than to start worrying now! LOL. Oh, and no worries, I''m all about checking the CM. I have no qualms about "getting to know my body" etc...another side effect of med school.
9.gif
I just need to get to know what is fertile (or not fertile) mucus for me. I will just keep trying to be as consistent with my temps as I can...next month will be hard too, since I''ll be on 12 hr ER shifts, some of them 8am to 8pm and others 8pm to 8am.
20.gif

Tonight I went back and started reading the TTC thread from page 1...I''ve made it to page 21 so far!
9.gif
More tomorrow...

melz

Shiny_Rock
HMG, you are reading the whole thread? You are dedicated. You should go to med school or something .....
emteeth.gif

Swimmer sorry on the negative. I hope a few more days yields a better result.

I am definitely not pregnant, AF arrived in full force and I took an HPT this morning to be sure. I will still go for the bloodtest tomorrow, but there is no doubt in my mind it didn''t take.

Better luck to you ladies, Swimmer and Festy and Fisher I am routing for you (and anyone I may have missed).

Mel

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Melanie, I''m so very sorry.
8.gif

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all, I wanted to share my updated chart. I was originally worried that I got 3-4 days of positive OPKs because I read that it means your egg is having trouble getting out of the gate. However, fertility friend says that I did ovulate Tuesday which is what I thought -- I got a positive digital OPK Monday aafternoon, but it was negative Tuesday afternoon. Same with the blue CBEs -- only the pink FRs were still giving positives day later. So here is to hoping that I did in fact ovulate, and on Tuesday! Now I''m 4 dpo... I wish that there were some magic way to skip this wait! I will say it''s better than pre-O though -- when you ovulate late, that''s alot of sex and for me, I am testing with OPKs every day -- can get stressful. The thermometer also can dictate my mood for the day. So this 2ww actually seems relaxing... I am just relieved that I probably did O. I can''t believe how late I O''d though, I thought that clomid would move up my O date!

chart28.GIF

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2009 1:21:23 AM
Author: HOUMedGal
...I just need to get to know what is fertile (or not fertile) mucus for me. I will just keep trying to be as consistent with my temps as I can...next month will be hard too, since I''ll be on 12 hr ER shifts, some of them 8am to 8pm and others 8pm to 8am.
20.gif

Tonight I went back and started reading the TTC thread from page 1...I''ve made it to page 21 so far!
9.gif
More tomorrow...
I suspect that when you get fertile fluid you will recognize it... it is pretty distinctive! LOL! And boo hiss on the long days! That is the main reason I didn''t go to med school, but I sure respect those who troop through it! In the end you may need to yse OPKs to confirm ovulation, but in all liklihood you do ovulate, and learning your CM patterns will be enough to plan when to GOF! At least CM isn''t really affected by sleep!
9.gif

As for reading the thread, woo hoo!
36.gif
I did that too when I joined over a year ago, but it was only about 50 pages. But you will learn a lot! Plus it is funny. Last summer in particular there was a cohort very very in to charting and there were a lot of conversations about all things charting.

Melanie I am so sorry about AF
39.gif

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
HOUMedGal: I feel like you and I are on the same wavelength! I read up to about page 15 on this thread! It''s really interesting and makes me excited to start trying!!! DH and I are both 31, so we want to get started, but are making sure everything is good financially, especially after just getting married a month ago and just buying a house. I can''t remember if I said this already or not, but I stopped BC in February. Had a period about a month later (and I was ECSTATIC), then another 2 months later, then another 3 months later, and then another a month later. So it has been really crazy. When i''m done typing this, I''m going to order Taking Charge, then I''m going to subscribe to Fertility Friend. I was a nonpayer, but I''m realizing there''s a lot of stuff on there that is worth the subscription. This is all so interesting to me since 2 of my best friends are having a really hard time conceiving...one is going the IVF route and another is on her 2nd round of Clomid. Then I have another 2 friends that had a baby the cycle that they started trying.
33.gif
We used to live at Almeda and OST but our house is in the Heights. I just moved to Houston 2 years ago from Dallas (not much of a diff) but I love it here! But these past 2 weeks have been GROSS humidity-wise.

Melanie: Sorry about AF. My name is Melanie too, so whenever I see that someone says someting to you, it confuses me. I''m only on page 15 of this thread, so I''ll have to fast forward about 300 pages to see your story.
41.gif

Lindsey: Nice chart. (Is that weird to say?) Hope tihs is the one for you!!!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Melz, I am so so sorry. Oh man that sucks. Well, it is good to go in quickly to create a plan for next month. Glad you are keeping your sense of humor, you are a tough cookie. Next cycle!

My bloodtest is tomorrow am.

cara

Ideal_Rock
Melanie, boo. Sorry for the bad news. Do you have some frosties to try for next month? I think that was dr. k's term for them...

Swimmer, fingers crossed for you girly!

And fisher as well- though you woln't humor us with some early tests so we'll just have to wait and see.

Lindsey, good that you ovulated! That sure is a weird clomid chart. Maybe your doc can tell you what's up.

HMG, ditto the others. Don't worry much at this point about the irregularity coming off b/c. Also, I'd get an ovulatory cycle under your belt with temping before worrying too much about the CM, since you have a few cycles. I mean, look at the CM but don't worry about interpreting it too much. Its a little more clear to me what's going on now that I have a hindsight on a few cycles and a pretty clear temperature shift to help frame things. Right now you could be trying to read tea leaves and your body is still trying to figure out what the heck is going on hormonally so it might be a bit futile.

Lulu, it is a hard road to walk, for sure. Especially without a clear understanding of what's going on. And with as%#)@ medical staff pestering you for consent forms and whatnot, well, that's more than is called for. i don't know if its helpful or not, but one of the med. articles I read on the kitchen table said that part of why there are more unexplained infertility is that they don't do the same level of invasive testing anymore. I think the article someone posted touched on this - for example, its not standard to do a biopsy to check for fibroids as its a surgical procedure and if the fibroids aren't giving you trouble otherwise the infertility treatment is still the IUI stuff you are in line to get. So there may well be a good, logical reason why IUI will help even without a proper diagnosis.

Well, my immaculate conception didn't take, so it looks like I am now on a HMG/Lanie timeline. At least I saw it coming. Part of why I was upset at the nurse for telling me not to try again right away back in June was that I was doing the math and thought this is where we'd end up. But I've had enough time to process it all and so its time to get our ducks lined up in a row and enjoy the fall!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lindsey, based on your chart and your positive OPKs, I think you ovulated on Thursday, not Tuesday. I don't think you could ovulate on Tuesday and still get a positive OPK the next day. Baby dust for your 2ww!

Melanie, I am so so sorry.
39.gif
Hugs.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
BB-
im sooo glad u are gettin top notch care and monitoring...I was also so amazed by that bc u don''t get that at ur average doc or clinic. I mean when someone say ''top of the line''...this is truly it! Its the only way to go imo when ur doing smthg so serious as this. I couldn''t rave about this place enough! Yeh I did lots of iui''s and 1 ivf and u shoulda seen my arm! Lol...but they take the blood so well and so fast...I actually knew which techs did it fast and easy with no bruising and I only went to those ..they all knew me there lol. Once they are happy with an outcome in terms of follicles,lining etc...that''s a good thing! My doc never showed emotion (he is mr big boy there so I understand) but if he looked happy, I felt good...try to stay positive always and know there is no other place that will get u better results! So it will work whether its now or later...it will happen ;-)....im always around but have many a situation to deal with here..so may take a while to respond..but im always reading...im ur biggest cheerleader :) ... Rooting for ya (and everyone else!).

Mel- urgh was tracking your 2ww and im soooo sorry
7.gif
....also wondering about frosties for next time?

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Mel - damn, that totally sucks. Do you have some on ice at this point? An FET is a heck of a lot less work/anxiety than a fresh cycle. One of my online TTC buddies who started IUIs when I did last year had something like 22 eggs retrieved on her first IVF cycle, something like 14 went to blast, and she got a BFN transferring the best 2. She''s now 13 weeks pregnant with one from her first FET. So sad to hear it didn''t work out on try #1 - I know how frustrating that is.

HMG and Lanie - somewhere on this thread (probably waaayy back) I posted a link to an online guide to charting that I found super helpful. I''ll see if I can find it again when I get home from work tonight (Found it! http://www.justisse.ca/eBook.aspx ). I did Creighton method charting for quite a while at my first RE''s request. They have you base things more on a very organized system of observing your cervical mucus externally, which I really liked. It was really obvious to me when I hit a fertile CM time (not that it helped me in the end!). I didn''t find my attempts at internal checking to be as obvious. That correlated well with the OPKs I was using too. Since I was doing call shifts about 5 times a month, my temps were fairly messed up at times too, and I really couldn''t count on them. After a few cycles, I knew exactly what my pre-O range was, and what my post-O range was, and could tell basically where I was. I just couldn''t pinpoint things to the day necessarily.

Lindsey - yay for a temp shift (finally)! Good to know this cycle will eventually come to an end. You and DH deserve a prize for keeping up the BDing for so long - we had trouble doing that, just sheer energy-wise, plus DH felt under pressure all the time. I have seen people get pg from such a late O, but it''s probably less likely that you''ve got the great egg when you''re so late to the game. Hopefully if this cycle doesn''t do it, you''ll be all set for a more normal cycle next month.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
melanie - I''m so sorry that it didn''t happen.

swimmer - I''m hoping.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve made it to page 55 so far! It''s fun to go back in time, and I''m learning a lot!! :)

Lindsey -- yay for O''ing!! Now you and DH can sit back and relax instead of GOF''ing like rabbits. hehe. Maybe you can knit a scarf for the upcoming fall and winter seasons?? In reading the beginning of this thread, I learned about "knitting"...
9.gif
There were a lot of people here knitting together at one point! hehe.
Dreamer -- yeah, I think I''m into summer 2008 on the thread, and there''s definitely a lotta charting going on! I''m learning so much!

Melanie -- how are you, dear? Doing OK? You do have some frosties from this round, if I recall correctly?? Will you guys try with them next cycle? Thinking about you...I know it must be tough (and exhausting) to work so hard to no avail. I''m sending lots of dust for next cycle.

Lanie -- I guess we are kindred spirits!! :) We are also trying to decide exactly when is a good time to start trying...we are both very ready emotionally/mentally...the only thing that worries me a bit is the $$ thing, because DH works from home (doing consulting) and doesn''t have very steady income (just chunks here and there). I have a normal job, and we can definitely get by on what I make, but it would be nice if we were *just* a bit more comfortable. Not to mention, we aren''t making any progress on my educational debt yet either. But DH will become a US citizen in the next few months (our application for naturalization has officially been received! yay!) and once he is, many more jobs that he is well-qualified for, and interested in, will open up. He''s got his PhD in Physics, so he''ll apply at NASA and maybe some aerospace companies. Hasn''t been able to do so yet because all the jobs that fit require security clearance that you can''t get unless you''re a citizen. So it sounds like your first few cycles off BC were all over the place, huh? It remains to be seen what mine will do....I''m on CD 15 of my 1st cycle off BC, and haven''t O''ed yet....We used to live at Almeda and OST too!!! In Riverwalk condos! Were you at Rivewalk or AMLI?? Or one of the other complexes nearby? We still live in the same general area. Houston has definitely grown on me...the heat and humidity can be really bad, but I''ve lived in East Texas all my life (grew up near Tyler), so I''m used to it. :) Have fun with TCOYF...it''s a great book!!

Swimmer -- I guess you''re blood-testing today!! I''m so excited and can''t wait to hear the results!! LOTS of babydust to you!!!

Cara -- welcome to the HMG/Lanie timeline.
9.gif
I''m glad to have another TTC buddy! Sorry it didn''t work out this time, but like you said, let''s enjoy the fall (I''m DYING for some cooler weather down here in Houston) and start the winter-TTC season in the right mindset!!

DrK -- thanks for the linky!! I''ve been reading it this morning....I like the explicit instructions on how to check CM and also the detailed descriptions of how to classify what you find. I think some of what I''ve been recording as "creamy" from internal checks has actually been the vaginal slough they refer to, and I don''t think I''ve actually had much at all in the way of true CM. But I''m giving it time. It''s also nice to hear that you were able to figure out in general when you were O''ing despite being on call with crazy temps. That may be the better way to go for me, too.

So here I am on CD 15...no evidence of O''ing yet, but last night "the girls" felt a bit sore when I took off my bra, and this morning, they''re definitely somewhat tender. Wonder if that means anything? Perhaps I will O sometime soon? CM is almost nonexistant, though.

Question for experienced charters: Did you use FF or Ovusoft (or something else)? I''m trying both right now, can''t decide which one I like better. Anyone have a favorite, and why?

melz

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies for all the support. I truly treasure all the well wishes, especially from a group that knows exactly what it''s like. Yes, I''ve three on ice for next time. They apparently have you take a month off in between which is just fine by me. Rather than jump right to the next cycle, I''m going to push a bit more to have them try to figure out exactly what is wrong. I had an irregular hysteroscopy awhile back (pre TTC) which they didn''t seem concerned about, but I may have them take another look. My fear is that my uterus is just not being a friendly environment for the little guys to latch onto. Little guys? No, I want little girls!
face1.gif

Anyway I''m going to be checking back to see if we have any BFPs, but otherwise probably won''t have much to write about for awhile. Baby dust!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2009 3:23:07 PM
Author: melanie987123
Thanks ladies for all the support. I truly treasure all the well wishes, especially from a group that knows exactly what it''s like. Yes, I''ve three on ice for next time. They apparently have you take a month off in between which is just fine by me. Rather than jump right to the next cycle, I''m going to push a bit more to have them try to figure out exactly what is wrong. I had an irregular hysteroscopy awhile back (pre TTC) which they didn''t seem concerned about, but I may have them take another look. My fear is that my uterus is just not being a friendly environment for the little guys to latch onto. Little guys? No, I want little girls!
face1.gif

Anyway I''m going to be checking back to see if we have any BFPs, but otherwise probably won''t have much to write about for awhile. Baby dust!
Melanie, I''m sorry to hear that it didn''t work out this time, but I''m wishing you luck for your next try. Baby dust is coming your way!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
drk and Lindsey: drk -- thanks for the link! It explains a lot! Can you guys explain what you mean about a delayed O? Is that when your O is after x number of days? Is a delayed O basically a really long cycle? I guess I could just google it, but I thought ovulation was ovulation and it didn''t really matter as long as it happened...???

HOUMedgal: We were at Amli! How funny! Where did you grow up? My parents live by Holly Lake Ranch if you know where that is (45 min from Tyler) close to Hawkins, Mineola, etc. Where is your hubby from?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Melanie, I''m very sorry this try was unsuccessful. I, like everyone else here, am totally rooting for you!! I really believe it is just a matter of time.

Swimmer, Waiting for an update from you!!

Lanie, Welcome to the thread!! I''m impressed that you and HMG are reading from the beginning! It never occurred to me to do that!!

I was very excited after today''s high temp (3 in a row) to report crosshairs today, but when I input my temps into FF, the system did not show crosshairs!! I submitted a question on one of the FF forums. Strange. So, I believe I''m in the 2WW. Unfortunately, there was not a lot of BD because DH was called on an unexpected business trip. We both hardly travel at all for work, but it is so much more noticeable now whenever we do because of scheduling for TTC.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Melanie, sorry this cycle wasn''t the one. I think everyone here knows how disappointing a BFN is.

As for me, I am really GRUMPY today. DH is keeping his distance
2.gif
Last I checked grumpy at 6 DPO is not an early pregnancy symptom. Dang!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just learned something new about FF today. There are several different OV detectors, which you can read about if you click on "Method" under "Ovulation Detector" on your chart page. Mine had been set to advanced, but because of my inconsistency in taking temps
41.gif
, the advanced method did not detect a clear ovulatory pattern. By switching to the research detector, I got my crosshairs!!! Unfortunately, DH was on his business trip on CD13 and CD14. Grrrr. Well, hopefully this will be the month, even if the timing was not ideal.

lv august chart.png

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
I''m pregnant.

That sentence just looks so weird. Now just hoping things stay put... Thank you for all pulling for me, that clearly sealed the deal, well in addition to the inappropriately speedy deposit and lots of synthetic hormones injected into my subcutaneous fat. 6 more weeks of progesterone, I might not have any undies left at that point. I''m just rambling...trying to process this.

Got the blood test at 6am, went to swim practice and then out to an awesome breakfast with friends. Grilled. Blueberry. Muffins. Then, quite frankly, we were fooling around when the phone rang. I was expecting the dr. but it was my mom, then before I could get rid of her update on my crazy elderly third cousin, the dr beeped in. The nurse said it was "good news" and I got so confused. In a pregnancy test there are really only 2 possible answers and the ic tests had told me NO! 2xs. DH could hear her speaking so there was no need to tell him the news. HcG 55 at 13/14dpo. We aren''t telling anyone yet, but I needed to share with those who have shared so much with me.

Yeah, so, I''m pregnant.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS SWIMMER !!
emsmile.gif
I''m so happy for you!!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2009 9:14:42 PM
Author: swimmer
I''m pregnant.

Swimmer, congratulations!!!!!!!! I will keep you and your little bean in my thoughts.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
So, today''s been an emotional day on this thread. Read from my phone this morning about Mel, and cried for her. Then came on tonight, read Swimmer''s news, and cried for her.

Mel, I''m so sorry. The let down grows with every try, and I ache for you. I really do. But I''m hoping that this is only the storm that leads to the miracle. Take time, and know we''re thinking of you. Come back when you''re ready...

Swimmer, so excited!
9.gif
36.gif
9.gif
36.gif
I''d seen you''d posted on another thread, but not here, and I was worried it was not good news. But yay! It is good news to share! I''ll absolutely be praying for that little one to stay put and GROW, GROW, GROW! (When will they do an ultrasound to see if there are multiples?)

So, first reaction? Now that it''s sunk in a little more (even if so slightly), how are you feeling? Is it really different than the first time? (Is that tacky to ask? If so, I''m sorry... I just hope that you and your hubby well up in happiness and live this pregnancy to the fullest!)

Almost took a test myself today (12 DPO), but didn''t. Likely would have if I had a test first thing in the morning, but we weren''t home. So yeah, kinda funny since I promised myself I wouldn''t do that anymore... Now I''m just hanging out a few more days... time will tell.

Wishing everyone here happiness and hope and faith!
9.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2009 11:05:11 PM
Author: Laila619
Lindsey, based on your chart and your positive OPKs, I think you ovulated on Thursday, not Tuesday. I don''t think you could ovulate on Tuesday and still get a positive OPK the next day. Baby dust for your 2ww!

Melanie, I am so so sorry.
39.gif
Hugs.

Yeah, it usually does work that way, Laila. But this cycle, I had a positive on CD 16, then a negative on CD17, then a positive on CD 18 and a HUGE temp spike. FF is saying I ovulated on CD 17. Not sure if it''s really 16 or 17, but I doubt it was 18, since that''s when the spike happened and the FIRST positive comes before that. I''ve read, though, that some women, on some cycles have a longer surge, so that could be part of it. I''ve also read that you''re supposed to *stop* peeing on sticks once you get that first positive, but I wanted to be sure it really was a positive.
2.gif

I think that even with temping and charting and OPKing, it''s really just a guess as to when you actually ovulated... it''s within 24-48 hours, but not as exact as many of us would like.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Swimmer, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
All the best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy!!! Yay!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results