shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock

Hi Snlee! I haven''t been posting in this thread b/c DH and I (for now) are back to our original plan of TTC this summer...but I wanted to stop in and say that i can really empathize with the rollercoster you''re feeling. and i can only imagine that it gets harder. BUT, we just have to keep reminding ourselves that fertility can be fickle and these are things that just take time. try not to get too caught up in the trying!! and it''s great to have a place like this for support. and i''m sending heaps of fairy dust your way!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
lili, gg, and lulu, thanks for your words of encouragement! It helps a lot!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Snlee, can''t wait for you to post your BFP... I have a feeling it will be sooner than you think! Sending lots of baby dust..............

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
Gosh, I have to learn these initials!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Ladies - just popping in to say Hi and to see how everyone is doing? Lately, I''ve been having babies on the brain (more so than usual).

I just got a promotion last week so, the plan was to wait a bit before TTC - so May is our target date. BUT - sometimes I wonder if DH and I should wait that long before we start trying.
40.gif

We are also planning to go to Europe in July so, I didn''t want to be too far along if we did become pregnant (another reason we''re waiting).

For those who are waiting to try - do you ever get anxious and want to give it a shot before your target date?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on the promotion bb!

Waiting to TTC is hard! Especially when you have babies on the brain! Our target date was November of 2007, after I turned 25. But by that time we had been waiting for well over a year. We got married August of 2006 and basically wanted a baby since then but wanted to wait to give us time to enjoy married life, just the two of us! We started TTC in October, a month before our target date. It's up to you and your DH to decide when you want to start but a few months before of after won't make a difference in the long run. So maybe just start trying next month? If it happens right away, you'll be 4 months pregnant in July, which is actually a good time to travel. I've heard traveling in your second trimester is best.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone! I never really "joined" this board, but I''ve been lurking (sounds so ominous) and now I''m asking for membership. Paul is okay with us TTC whenever, but I had assumed I''d finish my prescription of pills first (done in June), and go from there, although we''d really like to conceive (since it''s that easy, right?
20.gif
) in August or thereabouts. I''m torn between getting off the pill now and just seeing what happens because it may take us a lot longer to get pregnant that we hope, or sticking to our assumed date. I dunno.

Anyway, last night I mentioned to DH that I hate taking this "baby repeller" (BC), and he told me to stop taking it since that was the plan anyway.

We''re okay with getting PG now, but would really like to conceive late summer/fall in order to have a summer baby. What would you do? Wait for the BC prescription to run out in a few months (cutting it very close to the time you''d prefer to conceive) or just get off it now?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I urge you ladies to start trying when you are *really* ready. It isn''t like starting early stocks up baby making points to make it easier later. I know many ladies (me included) that got preggo on the first try/month. One girl was 2 months preggo for her wedding because she was SO SURE it would take awhile
20.gif
morning sickness + wedding & honeymoon = no fun! So if you really want to get preggo during a certain month/season/etc I would wait. If you are flexible and it doesn''t matter then take a chance.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
BTW, I am watching "bringing home baby" and I cannot even remember Tessa that tiny! (Which is so silly b/c she was and it wasn''t THAT long ago). I guess that feeling never goes away huh?

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 3:15:54 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
BTW, I am watching 'bringing home baby' and I cannot even remember Tessa that tiny! (Which is so silly b/c she was and it wasn't THAT long ago). I guess that feeling never goes away huh?
Awwwe Tacori - Tessa is so precious! You are one VERY lucky mama!
36.gif
I remember lurking on the Preggo's thread when you were past your due date and you were dying to meet her and know what she looked like, etc. Now look at you! Wow...time flies!

Thanks for the advice on whether to wait or not wait - I guess all of us TTC's are anxious because we just don't know when or how long it will all take. I'm such a planner so this not knowing thing is taking some getting used to!
2.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 2:48:41 PM
Author: snlee

Congratulations on the promotion bb!

Waiting to TTC is hard! Especially when you have babies on the brain! Our target date was November of 2007, after I turned 25. But by that time we had been waiting for well over a year. We got married August of 2006 and basically wanted a baby since then but wanted to wait to give us time to enjoy married life, just the two of us! We started TTC in October, a month before our target date. It''s up to you and your DH to decide when you want to start but a few months before of after won''t make a difference in the long run. So maybe just start trying next month? If it happens right away, you''ll be 4 months pregnant in July, which is actually a good time to travel. I''ve heard traveling in your second trimester is best.
Thanks Snlee!
5.gif
It was great to be promoted - I love my job and the company I work for so, hopefully we can come to some agreement that I can still work part-time after I have a baby.

How you doing?

The waiting game stinks doesn''t it? Whether you''re waiting to TTC or waiting to see if your BD has worked it''s magic - either way it''s no fun!
14.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 3:25:17 PM
Author: blushingbride
Date: 2/20/2008 3:15:54 PM

Author: Tacori E-ring

BTW, I am watching ''bringing home baby'' and I cannot even remember Tessa that tiny! (Which is so silly b/c she was and it wasn''t THAT long ago). I guess that feeling never goes away huh?
Awwwe Tacori - Tessa is so precious! You are one VERY lucky mama!
36.gif
I remember lurking on the Preggo''s thread when you were past your due date and you were dying to meet her and know what she looked like, etc. Now look at you! Wow...time flies!

Thanks for the advice on whether to wait or not wait - I guess all of us TTC''s are anxious because we just don''t know when or how long it will all take. I''m such a planner so this not knowing thing is taking some getting used to!
2.gif
Opps I meant to post that on the preggo board! Oh well! It''s funny b/c I didn''t watch any of the baby shows when I was preggo. Freaked me out for some reason. I do feel very lucky. She is a sweetie. She just wanted to make sure I KNEW who was boss from the get go. The last month of pregnancy was hard on me. Plus I wanted to know if I was having a boy or a girl! Time does go by so fast that is why a few months don''t really matter in the end. I was anxious too so I totally understand (and I love to plan and am always thinking 5 steps ahead) but I am SO glad we didn''t try early (for insurance reasons). We would have been in BIG trouble!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I keep forgetting to tell you, Tacori (thanks for the advice, though)- Tessa was born on my wedding day! So every birthday she celebrates, I''ll be celebrating our anniversary! Also, that was my grandma''s b-day, and she was really the sweetest, kindest, smartest woman I ever knew (the valedictorian for her college in 1930!), so I know she''s going to be one remarkable gal (also, my b-day is the 5th, and Scorpios are cool).

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 2:54:41 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Hey everyone! I never really ''joined'' this board, but I''ve been lurking (sounds so ominous) and now I''m asking for membership. Paul is okay with us TTC whenever, but I had assumed I''d finish my prescription of pills first (done in June), and go from there, although we''d really like to conceive (since it''s that easy, right?
20.gif
) in August or thereabouts. I''m torn between getting off the pill now and just seeing what happens because it may take us a lot longer to get pregnant that we hope, or sticking to our assumed date. I dunno.

Anyway, last night I mentioned to DH that I hate taking this ''baby repeller'' (BC), and he told me to stop taking it since that was the plan anyway.

We''re okay with getting PG now, but would really like to conceive late summer/fall in order to have a summer baby. What would you do? Wait for the BC prescription to run out in a few months (cutting it very close to the time you''d prefer to conceive) or just get off it now?
Membership granted AW!
2.gif
I got married in Aug. ''07 and went off the pill in Sept. ''07. It took two cycles for my AF (Aunt Flo) to get back to it''s old schedule (28 days). I was happy to get off BC and don''t regret getting off so early. Basically, I didn''t know how long it would take to get things back to normal and I feel better not having it in my system anymore. Some people got pregnant right way after getting off BC since they didn''t know when they were ovulating. I guess it''s a personal preference.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 3:31:54 PM
Author: AmberWaves
I keep forgetting to tell you, Tacori (thanks for the advice, though)- Tessa was born on my wedding day! So every birthday she celebrates, I''ll be celebrating our anniversary! Also, that was my grandma''s b-day, and she was really the sweetest, kindest, smartest woman I ever knew (the valedictorian for her college in 1930!), so I know she''s going to be one remarkable gal (also, my b-day is the 5th, and Scorpios are cool).

Oh that is so cool! We were both having life changing experiences on the 3rd then.
2.gif
I was bummed at first that she was late but I do like citrines better than opals so it worked out (spoken like a TRUE PSer!!!) Ladies you should plan on having an April baby so you can have more diamonds
11.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Welcome Amber! I would stop taking the pill and use another form of contraceptive like condoms. That way, it gives your body time to adjust and regulate your cycles. Then you can start TTC late summer or whenever you want to.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the great advice! I''ve been on the pill for so long that it''s hard for me to remember how my cycles were before them! I think I''ll take the advice and go off the pills (after this pack) and then start up using another form of bc. Now that we''re married, that spontaneous sex is by the wayside. "Honey, what are you doing March 5th, at 11:35 pm?"

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Ladies you should plan on having an April baby so you can have more diamonds
11.gif

Ha! We (I) would love to have a spring baby. I really don''t want to be third trimester pregnant during the summer and I think that it would be nice to have warmer weather with a newborn so we wouldn''t feel so housebound...plus, i have always loved that my birthstone is a diamond
11.gif
9.gif
11.gif

bb: congratulations on the promotion. that is excellent. i, too, love my job. and am curious about how to make it all work post-baby. i do know that some women at my firm work part-time, so that could be one option.

aw: welcome! DH and I have gone back and forth a bit on the waiting or not waiting to TTC. I guess I care more about *timing* a baby because I''m the one that will physically be carrying the baby, but also a few other reasons. anyway, we''ve had July in mind for a while as our start date. then threw caution to the wind once and when that didn''t result in a bun in the oven have decided to go back to that July date. whatever you decide - good luck!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, the very superficial reason for wanting to conceive in last August/July was because of my husband- he wants us to have the baby during the summer when he''s not teaching! And of course, since he''s a coach, that means no teams to leave stranded. We actually scheduled our wedding the day of a game, and people were sending him text messages letting him know the score!
20.gif
The day after the wedding was another game, one we attended. I must love him, right?
31.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
lulu, I was in my 3rd trimester during the hottest months (I live in the South) it was HORRIBLE. May has a good birthstone too (emerald) and July (ruby). Though sapphires are my favorite but it was probably a GOOD thing she wasn''t that early.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amber I think that is a SMART reason! If DH or I were teachers I would always *try* to have a april/may baby so I could take my leave and then stay off through september (or whenever school starts).

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I have some good news to share! I'm pregnant! My husband and I are so happy and excited! I am still in shock! I can't believe a little being is inside me growing as I type.

Seeing the two lines on the HPT was an amazing experience! I couldn't believe it. We were so happy to see that BFP, especially after seeing 10 BFN's!

I will be posting more regularly on the Pregnant PS'ers thread but I'll still check this thread. All of you have been wonderfully supportive through my TTC journey and for that, I am very thankful!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
snlee:

Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I''m so happy for you and your husband!!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
OH!!!!! Snlee!!!!!!! That''s GREAT news!!!

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
OMG, Snlee, that''s awesome!! Congratulations to you and your hubby, and best wishes for a healthy and happy pregnancy!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
OMG, Snlee! Congratulations!!! I totally understand what you mean by still being in shock after seeing the 2 pink lines on the HPT. Do you know how far along you are? Here''s to a happy and healthy 9 months! We can go through this journey together because you are just right behind me!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Snlee!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
36.gif
36.gif
My heart skipped a beat when I read your post - I''m so very happy for you!!!
5.gif
Best wished to you and your hubby!!! Looking forward to following along with you in the preggo''s thread.
1.gif

Do you have any advice to share?? Do anything different last month (ex. gave up coffee, etc)? Did you experience any of the pregnancy symptoms before you tested with a BFP??? I''m always interested in hearing everyone''s experiences.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
BTW - I forgot to mention that one of my best friends had a baby this past October 25th. For her shower, she used the pumpkin theme and it was so adorable! Someone even got her a painting of a pumpkin which said, "My Little Pumpkin." I loved that whole idea of a fall baby (I guess that partly because I''m one too)! Just throwing some ideas out there for you!
31.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Thank you lulu, Amber, Dani, radiantgirl, and bb!!!

radiantgirl, I''m about 5 weeks right now, so about 4 weeks behind you? I''m looking forward to going through this journey together!
36.gif

bb, we didn''t really do that much differently this time around. We may have cut down on caffeine but nothing drastic because we were never big coffee drinkers. We did start exercising more regularly so that may have helped? Within a week after I ovulated, my boobs were sore and I had cramps. It wasn''t that much of a different feeling as I thought I felt during the months before though. The mind can play tricks on you! At about 11 and 12 DPO, I had some implantation bleeding (pinkish and brownish discharge) accompanied with period like cramps. When the bleeding had stopped by the day my period was due, I had an inkling that I was pregnant. Then the tiredness kicked in.

The pumpkin theme is cute! I think the baby''s due date is exactly a week before my husband''s birthday and my birthday is 2 weeks after his. We''re all going to have fall birthdays, probably within a month of each other. I''m hoping the baby is early so our birthdays aren''t too close.
3.gif

A tip about pregnancy tests, if any of you ladies want to save a bit of money you may want to try cheap tests. At 17 DPO I took a First Response Early Result Test and at 19 and 21 I took cheap $1 pregnancy tests, all positive. The cheap tests were very dark compared to the FRER test. I read on peeonastick.com, "Surprisingly, cheap tests purchased at dollar stores or on the Internet are often more sensitive and reliable than expensive store brands. HPT''s are like soda: very cheap to make, and marked up quite a bit for retail." I actually like this test better because of the very dark lines. So if you want you can mix it up a bit and use name brand and cheap tests.
2.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Snlee, I just want to say I love how you said, "If you want you can mix it up". Oh, to be able to pee on a stick. I have the hardest time peeing in a cup, I fear for my hands.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results