shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
I love the first one! Very cute and fun! The second one is nice too although not as casual as the first. Gosh, sometimes I feel really overwhelmed when I walk into Babys R Us and see all the things babies "need" these days. I wouldn''t even know where to begin!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey sunkist,

honestly, for me, that bag would be too small for a diaper bag. heck, that''s the size of my current purse..lol. I also really prefer diaper bags that have compartments for bottles/sippy cups, diapers, diaper pad, extra clothes, extra forumla or bottles of pumped milk, wipes, snacks. paci''s etc. some even have places for your cell phone, keys, etc. but, that''s a personal thing.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like to be prepared for anything so I carry a lot...lots of diapers, wipes, waterproof mat (to change her on), two receiving blankets (one to cover me if I have to nurse or to use as a swaddle, one for her spit & drool), 1 extra outfit & onesie (blow outs happen often), extra bib (she is a spitter/drooler), extra paci, diaper cream, wallet, bottle of water (for me or the bottle), empty bottle, little thing of formula (just in case...) camera, plastic bags for dirty diapers or wet clothes....I think that is it. That is for a newborn. I am guessing it will be more once she gets older (toys, baby food, spoons, etc...) I use a Vera Bradley diaper bag and it fits all of my stuff with a little extra room.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
BBride, I know, isn''t that first bag cute?! It''s coated by a rubber/plastic that is built into the material. I saw it at a boutique the other day. Very neat. I do appreciate your experienced advice Mrs.S and Tacori
9.gif
Perhaps I should wait to buy it until I actually have a bun in the oven and realize how much stuff I''m going to be lugging around...
40.gif
5.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2008 9:16:49 PM
Author: sunkist
BBride, I know, isn't that first bag cute?! It's coated by a rubber/plastic that is built into the material. I saw it at a boutique the other day. Very neat. I do appreciate your experienced advice Mrs.S and Tacori
9.gif
Perhaps I should wait to buy it until I actually have a bun in the oven and realize how much stuff I'm going to be lugging around...
40.gif
5.gif

Yes, the first one looks much too small. Sorry to be a buzz kill
2.gif
I am sure they make it in a bigger size.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock

i agree, that the diaper bags you posted would not be nearly enuf to fit any of the stuff i carry most days!! i also need things with compartments coz it makes life so much easier when u need quick access to items

i pretty much pack an extra outfit (or 2 depending on how long we''ll be out), onseies, pjs, bibs, swaddle blankets (only so i can use it if i need to cover a surface or use it to wipe), diaper, diaper wipes, diaper disposable bags, changing mat, extra bottles, formula, snack, spoon, a few toys, sippy cup, water bottle, pacifiers, socks...etc)

actually, ill attach a pic of my diaper bag.. it is an australian brand (OiOi) and i LOVE IT (i ordered it from www.ebags.com) !

OiOi%20Bags%20052.jpg

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
hmmm...thats strange..the image didnt show...

trying again...

oioidiaperbag.jpg

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
for dani and those who are experts in this area--

I have some specific TTC/pregnancy questions that are hard to get a firm answer on. They make me worry though!

*multivitamins: I know it''s recommended that women take prenatals once pregnant. However if someone takes multis until they find out they''re pg (4-6 wks let''s say), is that ok? I know this is connected to Vitamin A,etc.

*skin care: specifically topical acne treatments like Retin A and Differin. It''s recommended that pg women stop usiing these. But again, is it ok to use them until you find out you''re pg and then stop?

I suppose I''m wondering if it''s ok to stop all potentially harmful things (proven and not proven yet) early in pregnancy or is it even too late by then. At 4 wks pregnant for example, the fetus is only 2wks in actuality and it''s not unusual that an expectant mother would not even know she is pregnant yet.

Thanks--and if others have some expertise in this area, please chime in!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would stop medications the day you start TTC. Why take the risk? Really the folic acid is what is important since the spine development starts VERY early. Make sure you take that if you don''t want to switch from your multi.

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/29/2008 1:11:41 PM
Author: janinegirly

for dani and those who are experts in this area--

I have some specific TTC/pregnancy questions that are hard to get a firm answer on. They make me worry though!

*multivitamins: I know it''s recommended that women take prenatals once pregnant. However if someone takes multis until they find out they''re pg (4-6 wks let''s say), is that ok? I know this is connected to Vitamin A,etc.

*skin care: specifically topical acne treatments like Retin A and Differin. It''s recommended that pg women stop usiing these. But again, is it ok to use them until you find out you''re pg and then stop?

I suppose I''m wondering if it''s ok to stop all potentially harmful things (proven and not proven yet) early in pregnancy or is it even too late by then. At 4 wks pregnant for example, the fetus is only 2wks in actuality and it''s not unusual that an expectant mother would not even know she is pregnant yet.

Thanks--and if others have some expertise in this area, please chime in!

*Coming out of lurkdom to try to help*

Janine, it''s recommended that you take at least 400 mcg of folate a day from 1 month before getting pregnant to prevent neural tube defects (which can start before you know you are pregnant). Also, most pregnant women don''t need extra vitamin A so a multivitamin that contains it may be harmful. Check your vitamin and if you aren''t sure, talk to your dr. You can usually get folate tablets that contain 500mcg alone which can be easier on the tummy than the ones that contain iron! Many multivitamins don''t contain enough folate (or folic acid).

WRT to retin A that is a good question to ask the dr who prescribed it-s/he may have another suggestion for something you can use during pg. I agree with Tacori-don''t take the risk, you may not know you are pg until 4-6 weeks down the track (or more!) and it just isn''t worth it. Many of these are vitamin A, which can cross the skin, enter the circulation, and be passed on to the baby. The best thing though is to talk to your dr.

HTH!
4.gif

*Back to lurking*

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Tacori that''s ok if you smush my dreams of that diaper bag
3.gif
hehe! It''s a Petunia Picklebottom and I''ve looked but they have a bigger size in that style. I like the hobo style bag. I guess moms just can''t escape from carrying around items for any occasion that may arise. Maybe I could just get it as a purse though
31.gif
I think it''s so cute.

MSB thanks for the idea of checking out ebags! I always forget to look at that place. I''ll go see what they have. The pattern on your bag is very cute too!

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Late to this thread. I have a Skip & Hop bag in camoflauge (my guy is into camo). Lots of compartments. Very good.

I also took prenatals as soon as I started trying. I also stopped drinking then as well. Thank goodness we got pregnant fast!!!
31.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2008 9:54:15 PM
Author: sunkist
Tacori that''s ok if you smush my dreams of that diaper bag
3.gif
hehe! It''s a Petunia Picklebottom and I''ve looked but they have a bigger size in that style. I like the hobo style bag. I guess moms just can''t escape from carrying around items for any occasion that may arise. Maybe I could just get it as a purse though
31.gif
I think it''s so cute.

MSB thanks for the idea of checking out ebags! I always forget to look at that place. I''ll go see what they have. The pattern on your bag is very cute too!

I saw a mom at baby''s r us last night with your dream bag so maybe it can work for some moms. Not sure where she put the diaper mat though. Maybe she has two and that one is just for quick errands.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I heard on the news last night that a study has been done with women who took folic acid (found in prenatal vitamins) for a year prior to conceiving, and the results of that have been that premature births went down in those women from 50-70%, so now they''re thinking the folic acid does more than just help prevent spina bifida.

My Dr. told me as soon as we even thought about the time coming, I should start on prenatals. I started in October, and we went BC the first week in January, but we''re not officially *trying* until we''ve found our house.

Anyway, anyone who''s not yet on folic acid, please get on it!

My Dr. also said that prior to conceiving, you really don''t have to use the prescription vitamins. I''m on the OTC kind and compared to what is in the leading prescription, it''s the same levels of vitamins and minerals. Also, once you are pregnant, if you have 100% coverage for your baby growing time, the prescription pills are then free (which is why I''m waiting).

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2008 6:57:53 AM
Author: fisherofmengirly
I heard on the news last night that a study has been done with women who took folic acid (found in prenatal vitamins) for a year prior to conceiving, and the results of that have been that premature births went down in those women from 50-70%, so now they''re thinking the folic acid does more than just help prevent spina bifida.

My Dr. told me as soon as we even thought about the time coming, I should start on prenatals. I started in October, and we went BC the first week in January, but we''re not officially *trying* until we''ve found our house.

My Dr. also said that prior to conceiving, you really don''t have to use the prescription vitamins. I''m on the OTC kind and compared to what is in the leading prescription, it''s the same levels of vitamins and minerals. Also, once you are pregnant, if you have 100% coverage for your baby growing time, the prescription pills are then free (which is why I''m waiting).
I saw the same report last night! I went off the pill this past September and started taking prenatals in Oct. Even thoough we aren''t officially trying either, I''ve read other reports about the same subject and realized that it can''t hurt to start a little early.

My Dr. also told me to take OTC prenatals that the drugstores carry and then once I''m preggos, she will give me a prescription.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t see that report, but I started taking drugstore prenatals last week! We''re going to start trying this summer, so hopefully that''s a good start! I thought I was being anal taking them now.
1.gif
Validation!

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Dumb question - what is the difference between OTC prenatals and prescription??? My doc just told me to get them OTC, and I think I got Materna from Costco.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i actually found the prescription prenatals had a lot less in them than the regular OTC. maybe it was just the brand my dr. prescribed but there was folic acid, iron, and a few other things and that was it. they were hard on my tummy so i switched with baby #1 to rainbow brand OTC and they were so much cheaper and seemed to have a ton more vitamin''s and minerals in them.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really liked my perscription prenatal (I know Chrono did too) We were both on PrimaCare One. They were very good (better than OTC I looked at plus had DHA, Omega 3, stool softener
31.gif
) Now that I am nursing I am just on OTC.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2008 9:51:33 AM
Author: blushingbride

I saw the same report last night! I went off the pill this past September and started taking prenatals in Oct. Even thoough we aren''t officially trying either, I''ve read other reports about the same subject and realized that it can''t hurt to start a little early.

My Dr. also told me to take OTC prenatals that the drugstores carry and then once I''m preggos, she will give me a prescription.
Blushingbride - if you are off the pill, aren''t you TTC?? What do you do to make it "official"???
31.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2008 5:45:59 PM
Author: LitigatorChick

Blushingbride - if you are off the pill, aren''t you TTC?? What do you do to make it ''official''???
31.gif
I''m not blushingbride, but I do know that some ppl decide to go off the pill and use another method of non hormonal bc (including the fertility awareness method) to prevent pregnancy until they are ready to try. People might do this to get their cycle back, start charting to see if they are ovulating, etc. Some docs recommend being off bc for a cycle or more before you start trying.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2008 7:05:43 PM
Author: TanDogMom

Date: 2/1/2008 5:45:59 PM
Author: LitigatorChick

Blushingbride - if you are off the pill, aren''t you TTC?? What do you do to make it ''official''???
31.gif
I''m not blushingbride, but I do know that some ppl decide to go off the pill and use another method of non hormonal bc (including the fertility awareness method) to prevent pregnancy until they are ready to try. People might do this to get their cycle back, start charting to see if they are ovulating, etc. Some docs recommend being off bc for a cycle or more before you start trying.
I''m also not BB, but agree with TDMom. I went off the pill a bit about 5 weeks ago, even though we won''t be actively TTC until May-June. I wanted to get an idea of my cycles so i could begin charting. After 15+ (on/off, mostly on) years on the pill (i''m 36) it''s kinda wierd not to know what my "true" cycle is! AF has yet to visit.

so no, being off the pill doesn''t mean you''re TTC. We''re using "other stuff"
28.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
CG, I did the same thing. I was on the pill for 13 years and my doctor really wanted me to have at least one cycle off before I got pregnant. I went off last Nov. and we didn''t TTC until Jan. There ARE other methods
2.gif
Good luck whenever you do start trying!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2008 5:10:39 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
CG, I did the same thing. I was on the pill for 13 years and my doctor really wanted me to have at least one cycle off before I got pregnant. I went off last Nov. and we didn''t TTC until Jan. There ARE other methods
2.gif
THANKS, tacori!

off topic here, how ''bout sharing some NEW tessa pics? would luv to see how your little one is doing!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for clarifying CG and TDMom! LC, I really wanted to get a feel for my natural cycle before TTC. Part of me felt that it would be a good indicator to tell me if something was "wrong." Now obviously it doesn''t mean I won''t have any complications (knock on wood), but at least I know that my period is back to it''s old 28 day cycle routine. I can now determine when I''m ovulating a bit better. Plus, I was always like clock work before going on the pill so, I was curious to see if that was still the case when I went off.

We use condoms now and will continue to be carefully until the summer -- we are planning for Memorial Day weekend to be are starting point -- not sure if we''ll bump up the date or wait a little longer, but for now that''s the plan!
5.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2008 12:12:29 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
Date: 2/2/2008 5:10:39 PM

Author: Tacori E-ring

2.gif

THANKS, tacori!

off topic here, how ''bout sharing some NEW tessa pics? would luv to see how your little one is doing!

just posted 2 in the other thread
1.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
How are the people actively TTC doing?

Nothing much new to report with me. I am trying to keep myself busy but I absolutely hate the 2 week wait and how my mind plays tricks on me! I try to think I''m not pregnant until I see a positive HPT but sometimes you need some hope. I always think I feel something that could mean I am pregnant. When I think about the last few months that weren''t successful, it makes me really sad. I hate this rollercoaster of emotions!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2008 2:29:47 PM
Author: snlee
How are the people actively TTC doing?
Nothing much new to report with me. I am trying to keep myself busy but I absolutely hate the 2 week wait and how my mind plays tricks on me! I try to think I''m not pregnant until I see a positive HPT but sometimes you need some hope. I always think I feel something that could mean I am pregnant. When I think about the last few months that weren''t successful, it makes me really sad. I hate this rollercoaster of emotions!

Snlee--
I''m sorry you are going through this emotional rollercoaster.
The weeks of waiting are the pits.
I know how you feel about trying not to be too hopeful yet remain optimistic.
I find that it helps a bit if you don''t focus too much on the calendar on when AF is supposed to come.
After months of disappointment, I learn to just keep track of the first half of my cycle.
And let whatever happens happen the second half.

Good luck and lots of baby dust to you and the other ladies TTCing.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Snlee and Lili - I can only imagine how hard the waiting is. Part of me wants to start trying now instead of waiting until the summer just in case it doesn''t happen right away. I feel like I''m ready mentally and I know we''re ready financially, but what''s keeping me is that I''m supposed to be getting promoted soon and didn''t want to announce a pregnancy shortly after. It all seems so exciting that I can''t wait to start this new chapter of my life!
5.gif

I''m such a planner so, having to deal with something in my life that is so unknown will bug me for sure.

Hang in there you two and know that you can come here to vent! It''s nice to know you''re not alone in all this.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I went off the pill and started trying immediately - my doctor said no need to wait. I started then tracking my cycle, and used those ovulation tests, which I found really helpful. It only took us 3 months to get pregnant with the mini man!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results