shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC for 6 Months or More Thread

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Bright, thinking of you and and sending lots of dust! Anxious to hear an update when you get a chance after you get back from your trip! Praying for good news after your bloodtest!

Brightlight, yes, I'm amazed at how much easier my IUIs with a full bladder have been! And thanks for the additional information about DH's white blood cell thing. Really hoping that we get to the cause of the problem and that it improves our chances in the future!

SB, hope you are holding up okay and thinking good thoughts for you!

SS, I'm not familiar with the fertility monitor you are using, but I hope you somehow just missed your peak or something.

LV, sorry about the negative the other day. Have you taken any more tests. If this turns out not to be your month, I might consider waiting one more month for the reasons you said before moving on to IVF because of the physical and financial commitment, although I probably wouldn't have the patience to wait more than one cycle. I guess I would just want the best shot at an ideal cycle. But can you ask your doctor what he/she thinks to see if a break would be helpful? Keep us posted!

AFM, DH was able to get an appointment for today. He pretty much didn't even want to talk about this weekend, but hopefully, we will get more information, even if it is just a recommendation to take stronger antibiotics. I'm at the midpoint of the 2ww. I am really going to try not to test until Friday at the earliest, and ideally not until Sunday at 14dpo. I so want it work, but the realist side of me is feeling pretty pessimistic that anythign will be different this time around. I hate having to be patient!

split_shank

Shiny_Rock
MP, I hope you are able to hold out and get the good news we're all hoping for! Good luck with DH's appt too. Its hard enough to have to fight our issues, and then to add another one to the mix with DH I'm sure is frustrating.

I'm not sure what happened this cycle and I can't even be sure of what cycle day I'm on since I spotted for about 3 days before a decent AF. I probably started testing too late, but IF I counted back to when I started spotting (I know those days technically shouldn't count), then yes I could have O'd a few days earlier than I thought, and the EWCM was more on those days. We covered our bases as well as we could with BD last week so it is what it is at this point. DH got sick last night so BD is not an option at this point anymore! I dont' want to be anywhere near him!!! I'm not going to overanalyze it too much because my body does whatever it feels like. Yesterday I had more pains that I thought was O pains but turned into aching that usually means cyst fluid irritation, and CM returned to more creamy state, which means things are probably over for the month. Would love a pleasant surprise but mentally preparing for next cycle. Not sure what the plan is since I'd be likely trying Femera but will be on vacation during montoring and triggering. I feel like I need a trigger more than anything. It seems like I gear up and then fizzle out like a dud firecracker.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
MP, I'm glad your DH went in for his appt. I hope it's just a case of longer or stronger antibiotics. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you this cycle :)

BrightSpot, thinking about you. Hope your ILs were enough distraction and that things are looking OK with the betas this week. Keep the faith, my friend. You've got PSers coming out of the woodwork rooting for you :)

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
SS, I think getting a trigger is important for me too because the months that I have had a trigger, I seem to have a stronger ovulation and don't get the same pre-AF spotting. But in your case, you did get pregnant on your own, so I'm really hopeful that that will happen again with a healthy embryo or the femara will help. Hang in there!

LC, thanks for the good wishes! Sending you good wishes for this cycle as well!

AFM, DH had his appointment, and the doctor examined him and reviewed his SA results, and basically told him he has nothing to worry about. The WBC counts were so low that he doesn't think that is affecting anything. He said that in order for the antibiotics to work, he would need to take them for 30 days, and he only took them for 7 days last time. He said if we weren't TTC and doing IUIs, he probably wouldn't even have DH take any antibiotics because he isn't have any symptoms and doesn't need to be treated. But this way, he can hopefully get it out of his system and maximize his counts. It's definitely good news. But at the same time, I'm annoyed because that still puts us right back in the "WTF is keeping us from getting pregnant?" category!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
MP, Well great that your DH went for his appt and I'm glad the doctor is not worried. I know this is just frustrating because it's not the "A-HA!" discovery that would point to the culprit. Hugs.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Quick flyby to share something with you guys. I was invited to attend a free online summit with various talks relating to fertility & the mind-body connection. I've listened to 2 of them today & have come away with good takeaways from both. I thought this might be of interest to you guys.

If you're interested, you can register here: http://www.mindbellyconnectionsummit.com/

You can listen live or within 48 hours for free.

Oh, and here's my latest progression pic for your obsessing pleasure. More later. =)

image_1008.jpg

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Looking good, bright!!! Can't wait to hear your betas. :)

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Loving those lines, brightspot!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, tammy & pancake. It is pleasing to see the lines getting darker, though I know that's by no means a guarantee of a healthy pregnancy. I'm very nervous about my beta tomorrow & hope I get good news.

MP, thank you, dear. I hoping & praying for good news tomorrow too. (Also hoping I can sleep tonight!) :errrr: Oh, and you were definitely right about the wondfo's drying darker. That was reassuring to notice.
That's great news that your DH went to his appointment & that the doc wasn't concerned. (Though I know it must also be frustrating not to have found a key, fixable thing.) I'm so hopeful for you in your 2ww.

SS, I'm not familiar with that fertility monitor, but I hope you did indeed O this month. Fingers crossed for good news soon (& that your hubby feels better!) Sorry for the cheapie pregnancy test photos--I don't have any FRER's--but I hope they're good enough for obsessing anyway. :wink2:

LC, thanks, lady. The trip was definitely a good distraction. I just got home, so I'm hoping I can continue to keep myself occupied in a positive way. And all of this support has warmed my heart. ::)

China, if you're still out there, thanks again for coming out to say hi. I think of you often & with much fondness & hope you & your little ones are well.

tammy, thanks for your advice on line progression & honesty. Both very helpful.

JGator, thanks for your help. You're right--I'll get the early monitoring regardless because of my history.

pupp & mia, thanks for the reassurance about the pee sticks. I'm trying to remain as cautiously optimistic as possible. And mia, you're right that at least I'll be getting a later beta, so maybe that will be more informative? (Or at least I won't be able to make an apples to apples comparison to my last pregnancy betas, which were taken at 12 & 14dpo.)

bella, thanks for chiming in as well. I can't believe your RE didn't return your call when you told him you were pregnant! How awful! :angryfire: (But yay for rogue cycles!)

LV, thanks for sharing your experience too. This is really helpful.
I'm so sorry for the bfn. Hugs to you. As far as IVF timing, I'm not really sure what I'd do. I tend to be champing at the bit to move forward without delays, but IVF is such a big investment (physically, emotionally & financially) that taking some time to really give it your best shot is worth considering.

brightlight, thank you, dear. How are you doing? I've been working on an email to you for the past couple weeks but keep getting pulled away. I'm sorry & promise to get it off to you soon.

Thanks so much, SB. I'm definitely cautious, but am trying to indulge in a bit of joy as well. I'm hoping for "real" good news tomorrow as well.
How are you doing?

afm, I go in for my first beta tomorrow. I'm very nervous about receiving bad news as I've been in a little bit of a bubble about this pregnancy & that's kind of been ok so far. Also, I'll have to fess up to the prometrium, if not the clomid. :oops:

I've been having some cramping, but nothing crazy. (And no bleeding.) I think I had that with my other pregnancies, which makes me nervous. Have any of you mamas had cramping early on in what turned out to be a healthy pregnancy?

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
BrightSpot! Those lines look awesome!!! Your betas have to be high. I had lots of cramping early on it's totally normal for the uterus to get right down to business. Good luck tomorrow!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Amazing progression! I bet if you took a FRER that line would be blazing. Good luck at your beta.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Yay Bright!!! The progression looks great! Can't wait to hear your beta update tomorrow.
Tons of sticky dust to you!!!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
bright I think we're ALL nervous and hoping for good news at your beta tomorrow! Re the cramping, I definitely had cramping early on in my first pregnancy but I couldn't pinpoint for you exactly when, as I didn't realise that I could be pregnant and it's only in hindsight that I could remember having quite severe cramps actually. In my current pregnancy I was keeping track properly and 10DPO I had a day of really uncomfortable cramping and bloating, and then intermittent mild cramping after that for about a week.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Bright!!! Look at those lines!!!! I'm so so thrilled for you!!! Best of luck tomm!!! :appl:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not normally a happy crier but, Bright! Oh those sticks made me well up.

Here's to continued good news! Way to start off 2014!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ps - I had cramping (and spotting) in all three of my healthy pregnancies.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I'm currently at 9w1d and I've had some cramping here and there. And one bout of concerning bleeding. To my knowledge things are still ok. Pulling for you! I hope tomorrow goes well.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Oh bright, I'm so happy to see those lines. Like pupp, I even got a little choked up. You're going to have so many good thoughts coming your way tomorrow from everyone here :appl:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Bright, I can't wait to find out your betas tomorrow!!!

tbaus

Shiny_Rock
Oh, Bright! Seeing those lines getting darker makes me so happy! It is already 'tomorrow' here in Australia, I can tell this is going to be a long day and night waiting for your beta results!! I have everything crossed, I hope it is nothing but good news you share with us next time.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Bright, just had to tell you how excited I am to see that progression of positives. And cramping is good!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and am sending you tons and tons of sticky dust. Staying hopeful for the beta update!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Bright, those are some nice looking lines!!! Yay! I'll keep checking this thread to find out your beta update. I also had intermittent cramping early in the pregnancy with K.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Bright, I'm late to comment, but add me to the list of those who cried happy tears when I saw your tests. No matter what happens, I hope it helps to know how many people care about you and want so badly for you to finally get the good news you so deserve! I'm praying, praying, praying that you hear good news my friend.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Me too! Prayed for you on my way to work today. :) I'm also stalking this thread like a mad woman! :tongue:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
tammy77|1389728353|3592631 said:
Me too! Prayed for you on my way to work today. :) I'm also stalking this thread like a mad woman! :tongue:

Big ditto!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Refresh! Refresh! Refresh!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Count me as a fellow thread stalker. Sending you so much dust and support!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm here too!! Fingers crossed!!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all so much for all of your support. It means the world to me & made me feel very special (and made me cry a bit too!)
Also, thanks for the reassurance about the cramping. I'm trying to remain as calm as possible, but it's hard not to let anything & everything make me fear the worst.

I went in for my beta at 2:30 today. I wound up seeing my doc in the hallway & confessed about the progesterone & he didn't seem concerned at all. He said it was fine--that extra progesterone is never a problem--but he hoped I wouldn't need it. I didn't mention the clomid. :Up_to_something:

I just called the office, as it's nearly 5:00 my time, and they said the doc was finishing up a few things, but would email me with my result later today. I'm sorry to post when I don't have any info yet, but I didn't want you guys to think I'd forgotten about you.

Just waiting on pins & needles here... :errrr:

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Gah! Dancing on the needles with you over here! C'mon, Doc- you got the whole PS community bouncing off the walls!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results