shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC for 6 Months or More Thread

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Ello,

Did I read your post right? You recently had a baby and are now ttc again? So it does happen! :) Glad we aren't the only ones hoping for a close sibling. It took us 5 years for our daughter, so we figure why wait? I guess it's more like we aren't trying to prevent...

The pic you posted is darling!

Gator!! Your daughter is adorable! I hope you bust out of here soon. Lady!! :)

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Wait, saw you posted your baby is a toddler, one year and 8 months.

Well... I don't mind riding the crazy train alone. :). We aren't trying, we just aren't not trying. Ha.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Fisher, you're not the only one. My little guy is 10 months and we are actively trying again. We never did anything to prevent after he was born, and for the past five months, we have been trying. Your little girl is so cute! I agree with what you said - the wait is so worth it and I hope everyone is able to experience it one way or another very soon!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm back. TB Negative! Glad that saga is now over.

DCG - Oh, so glad you found a nice RE! I didn't realize you did a clomid/follistim combo! Good to know it sounds like meds will start early in cycle. S is great. 2 yrs 7 mos. Time flies. She's talking so much, and she's very funny! Yay for IUI buddies!! :))

Fisher - She's soooo sweet!! Thank you for your words of encouragement. I think it's great that you are working on a sibling so soon!

MP - Yay for potentially starting meds next cycle, but hope you don't need to!! You must be a few DPO now?

Tbaus - Hope you get to trigger soon.

Ello - You're a strong mama! That must have been so so scary, but you do what you have to do. He is such a miracle. Wow to 26 weeks! The fact that they do not know the cause is so alarming too. Hoping lots more monitoring gives you some peace of mind in your next pregnancy.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Hi Dreamer, thanks for sharing. That article is really interesting. You are right that it is important to understand the source of medical information, even if it comes from a doctor. And it makes sense that most of the research that has been done on egg quality involved women who were undergoing IVF or other ART, because I assume there really isn't a noninvasive method to extract and examine eggs of healthy, fertile women. Hopefully, the article is somewhat comforting to ladies who are single and hope to find a partner and start a family or couples who need to put off having children for other reasons. But at the same time, as someone who has experienced subfertility and required medical assistance to conceive, it is not all that comforting to know that most women will not have trouble conceiving, you know? It always amazes me when I realize how little is really known about the causes or infertility even with all of the medical advances we have.

LV, yay for a negative TB result. One less thing you have to worry about. Sending good thoughts your way that everything goes well this cycle! And yes, I'm thinking I'm probably around 2DPO right now. I'm always hopeful with each new cycle, but the realistic/rational side of me knows not to have too high of expectations.

DCG, best wishes for you and your IUI next cycle as well! I'm so glad the other doctor in the practice has a better bedside manner. I'm curious to see what my NP has to say about whether we should try a few cycles of clomid alone or go straight to IUI. The two cycles I was on clomid (before we had an IUI), I didn't get a trigger and didn't use progesterone, so I would kind of like to see what would happen if we added those to clomid. But I'm definitely open to going the IUI route again. It's not what I'd prefer, but it brought me my little miracle last time.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
MP I am sorry I posted it now. I will ask for Ella to remove it. It just makes me sad that LV was so updet by those stats in that article she read that may or may not be accurate or even applicable.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer you don't need do that! It didn't offend me that you posted it. Seriously. I suspect it didn't offend anybody else either. You were just sharing a different perspective and some info on where the stats came from. All I meant is that even if those stats are not applicable, it still sucks when you don't know why you can't get pregnant.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer, I agree your post should have stayed! I appreciate your looking out for me. I'm honestly not too troubled by what that dr said (I know how hard it is to detect what people are really thinking when they post on-line.) For me, his comment provided an explanation for why I hadn't conceived on cycles when it seemed like I really should have (e.g., perfectly timed back to back iui's, 3 eggs, ideal sperm quantity/quality). Anyway, I am not too worried about getting pregnant at this point. I genuinely think I will. :))

I sort of regretted posting the reference to that article and that dr's comment too. Like I said, I don't want to perpetuate wrong information. I will have to re-find the article you posted.

On another note, can you check your old email? I emailed you a while back, but I think you mentioned previously that you don't use that email address any longer. If you don't have time to reply, I totally understand, but just wanted to make sure you received it. :wavey: Totally appreciate your advice if you get it.

MP, Fingers crossed for you!!

My update: CD1 here.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
LV, Dreamer's article was from the Atlantic I think from June 2013. I feel bad that my comment made her feel like she should take it down. Definitely was not my intention. Like you, I actually took a bit of comfort in the information your doctor gave you that egg quality might be part of the reason TTC is so difficult for some women even if they are timing everything right. I still have no idea why I can't seem to get pregnant in my own, but I suspect egg quality is at least part of it . Sorry to hear it is CD1 for you, but I'm excited for you that you will get to do an IUI this cycle!

tbaus

Shiny_Rock
dcgator- This cycle was supposed to be just the clomid and trigger, no IUI. But I'll get into that below. I hope your HSG appointment goes well and you are lucky this cycle!

LV- Yay for a negative TB result! Boo for CD1. :nono:

Hi to everyone else! I hope you are all coping better than I am at the moment!!!

Sorry for the me-centric post coming up. Today is CD20. Yesterday I got a call from the nurse and my E2 levels have not gone up at all this cycle, so they were cancelling my monitoring. The FS wants to see me again to talk about my other options so I have an appointment with her on the 18th September. Until then we are basically out....unless by some miracle my body decides to start working again between now and my appointment.

But- I was devastated. We're also waiting back to hear if the offer we have put on a house has been accepted- negotiations have been going on for a few days now so I am beyond stressed and I feel like this contributed to the mini breakdown I had yesterday after the call. I felt like they had called it quits way too early in this cycle. I've read plenty of stories of people ovulating way later than CD20 while on clomid so I was feeling short changed. Anyway I worked myself up into such a state yesterday afternoon but had to pull myself together for my niece's birthday dinner that night. I came home and managed to think straight, wrote a list of questions and gave the nurse a call this morning. Basically I was feeling like enough wasn't being done. SO today we talked about what we could do before my next appointment, which is 22 days away. We are hoping that AF will arrive in the next 10 days give or take and if so I'm going to go ahead and do a HSG, even though they usually only recommend one after a number of failed cycles (this is only my second cycle with medical intervention). We will also hopefully test my CD3 FSH levels- she didn't think it was totally necessary since I am only 28 but it can't hurt? DH also hasn't done a semen analysis, so we will book that in as well. All of the above I feel should have been suggested to me before I even tried ovulation induction, but obviously I have to be the proactive one here. :rolleyes: I also asked her if AF did arrive before my next appointment if I couldn't try clomid again one more time (it failed this time, but last cycle it worked and I just needed a trigger)- she said she would have to speak to the FS and get back to me on that one. The nurse also mentioned that the FS probably just wants to see me about maybe switching from clomid to something called Letrisol? I haven't had time to look it up yet but it sounds like it may be similar to Femera that someone else was talking about.

So, no idea what happened this cycle. The only thing I have changed is I took my herbs that the acupuncturist gave me this cycle. Last cycle I didn't take them because I wasn't sure what was in them and if they would effect the clomid but the acupuncturist assured me it was fine so I started taking them again. I'm just off to see her again now actually so I will talk to her about it again.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Tbaus just popping in to say I'm sorry that you're having such a stressful time with TTC and trying to buy a home. I also wanted to mention that LETROZOLE is just the generic name for Femara. Sorry for the caps, I'm posting from my phone and had to copy/paste it because I can't spell. :lol: It's what I took (plus trigger an iui) for my little girl. I so hope it works for you!

I don't usually post much here anymore and I feel badly about that. I still think of my lttc ladies often and continue to hope & pray for you all. Big hugs ladies. :))

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Tbaus, I'm sorry for the failed cycle on top of house hunting stress. I hope they accept your offer! Stress can definitely delay ovulation.
I'm usually a late ovulator (cd 20+) & I ovulated on cd 17-18 on clomid with a trigger shot. (I've never taken clomid without a trigger, though). I also had all of the testing you mentioned before my first medicated cycle.
I think letrozole is the same as femara. I hope it works for you! Is a trigger shot an option? How are your pcos symptoms doing lately?
I hope you're feeling better soon.

Tammy, big hugs back at ya, lady!!

LV, my doc quoted me the same statistics that yours did regarding egg quality. (And he recently said I seem to be doing worse than usual for someone my age.) I appreciated your sharing this. While this was not welcomed news to hear, it also might help to explain why I haven't had success yet despite several medicated cycles & 1 IVF. And I guess age is only 1 of the many factors that affects egg quality & I seem to have several other factors working against me that most ladies don't have. I think the fact that you have a healthy little one puts you in pretty good stead for a second. I just hope you don't have to wait too long!
I'm so glad your TB test was negative, but sorry about cd1.
As for your question about testing after my m/c, I don't think anything was done. Both were blighted ova. Both RE's I've worked with have mentioned that egg quality might be an issue but they didn't say anything definitive. During my IVF, apparently the fertilization (with ICSI) "didn't go well" (many fertilized abnormally or arrested development. That could also be a sign if poor egg quality. I don't know if anything can be done to improve the situation or if I'm just out of luck.

Fisher, great to see you. Callie is gorgeous! I hope she had a sibling on the way soon.

Ltl, I can't remember if I mentioned this previously, but I really appreciated your sharing your experience with lupron IVF cycles. I hope it makes enough of an improvement in my egg quality for success. Also thanks for sharing how your doc discussed the transfer options with you. If we do another IVF, I'll definitely insist on more information. This is an expensive learning process.

Ello, welcome! That must've been terrifying to have your son born at 26 weeks!! No wonder you were hesitant to try for a second. I'm so glad he's healthy & hope he has a sibling on the way soon. That's great that you'll be monitored closely with your next pregnancy.

Dcg, I'm so glad to hear you found a RE you like better! It does make a difference. Good luck with your cycle & keep us posted.

Dreamer, the article was interesting but, like MP, it didn't reassure me that most women won't have trouble conceiving since its seeming like that might not be in the cards for me. That said the post was not at all offensive or hurtful & might've been helpful to someone. You're sweet to think of us & have it removed but it was unnecessary.

SB, I'm glad you like your RE (even better that he told your dh he owed you jewelry. I wish mine did that!!) As for monitoring, many RE's have appointments for monitoring early in the morning so hopefully you can do that before work & nobody will be the wiser!) Good luck!

MP, I'm glad you're able to do the testing ASAP & that your NP moved up your ART cycle date. Yay! (Still keeping my fingers crossed that you don't need to go there.) Hugs, my friend.

Afm, cd4 here. My hormones were really out of whack this month, perhaps some sort of recovery from the IVF? My face has been in some degree of breakout for weeks &, while the hair loss had slowed a bit, perhaps because of the PIO shots, it's in full swing again.
As for the next cycle, we've decided to do a combo IUI/FET cycle (assuming the embryo thaws ok). Apparently we'll have to use injections because clomid could thin my lining. I was hoping to do it this cycle but I'm going to be traveling internationally next week & the doc couldn't coordinate the dates.
I'm having some stress coordinating travel & cycles because I have another commitment right around the time my next cycle is due. I'm trying to figure out if I should postpone the cycle again (to the end of October) or disappoint my family by calling off the trip. I don't want to keep waiting to move forward but I'm also aware that I might be annoyed changing my plans for a cycle if it doesn't work out anyway (& likelihood seems good it won't.) Ugh.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
tbaus, darnit, I'm sorry this cycle was a bust. Do you remember what dosage of clomid you were taking? It sounds like maybe you need something different from clomid to get you ovulating. I know it seems like a long way off, but September 18 will be here before you know it. And it is great that you will be able to get more bloodwork and testing out of the way just to rule out anything else out. Sending you a big virtual hug, it really is a very frustrating and emotional process, but the good news is that you are on your way to hopefully getting some answers and some help.

Bright, great to hear from you! Sometimes it's hard for me to even come up with something to say because you have just been through so much disappointment and frustration (and it makes my fertility issues seem like nothing), but I hope you know that you still have a lot of people holding out hope for you. Tough call on the family travel thing. I really don't even know what I would choose in your shoes. Hopefully, you will gets some clarity and feel strongly one way by the time you need to make a decision. As far as your upcoming trip, I hope you're going somewhere exciting and have a nice time. You certainly deserve it.

Tammy, thinking of you in these final weeks of your pregnancy before you meet your precious little girl!

Sending thoughts and prayers to the rest of you!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
MP, thanks, sweetie. I know what you mean & sometimes I even hesitate to post anymore. Kinda feels like I'm beating a dead horse here, ya know? I do appreciate the support & friendship from you & the other lovely ladies here so much, though.
As for the upcoming trip, I'm going to the Dominican Republic for a few days with the inlaws. It's the first trip we've all taken together since our nieces were born. It should be fun. I'm hoping to go scuba diving or horseback riding while I'm there (silver lining since I'm not PG).

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will post more later . . .

Bright - Is it possible for you to continue the cycle and join your family on the trip later? I'm sure everyone would understand, right? I think that's what I would try to do, but not sure if it's possible if the trip is only for a number of days. Maybe you can convince them to extend it to a week? :)

I should hear back from the nurse at my RE's office today, so I am going to ask about improving egg quality.

I had asked about your m/cs because I wondered whether it was a chromosomal issue. I might have mentioned that already.

I know how hard it is, the waiting and the not-knowing, but I do still have nothing but hope for you! I know how hard it is, but I truly hope one day this whole process is just a distant memory for you. I know that your DR has since redeemed himself, but I would still encourage a second opinion, following your next cycle, or even now (not to change the next planned cycle) but for an overall file review to see if another doctor might suggest any additional changes. It couldn't hurt, and you don't have to proceed with the other doctor, but just to make sure all angles are being considered.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Bright, that sounds like so much fun. There is just something so good for the soul about getting away and spending a few days in paradise. I know you would 1000x prefer to have to stay home from vacation for a baby, but I'm proud of you for continuing to go out and have adventures in spite of all of it. I hope you'll keep posting, as long as it doesn't make it any harder for you, because I know we all appreciate hearing your updates. I just wish there was more I could say that doesn't sound all cliche and pollyanna. I'm a realist too, and I know that sometimes pollyanna statements really don't help. That said, I agree with LV that it just seems like your story isn't quite over with all of this, and I still hold out hope that a different protocol will yield different results.

split_shank

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies, lurking lately as I feel bad not being able to respond to everyone. Thinking about all of you often and hope for good news for everyone soon.

Drive by post, this cycle has been my first medicated (clomid) cycle. Did CD3-7 with the clomid, not much for symptoms during that so I was relieved. Had a follicle study last week CD14 and found 2 good follies, one on each ovary! 20 mm and 21 mm. 4 other mid sized ones in the 14-15mm range. Endometrial thickness of 9.2, Is this good??? No obvious signs of PCOS at the time so that was some relief (I know there there is still a possiblity but..) Got the lecture/warning of possiblilty of twins and I figured who knows if next month would be 3+ follicles so we said lets do it! Got a trigger shot that day. Felt definite O pains about 32 hrs after. Having some period-like cramping the last few days, 4 and 5 days post trigger, and from what I read is normal. Hopefully this is accurate. A few mood swings here and there but other than that just waiting... Got a 10000iu dose (largest from what I've read) so I have to really wait the full 14 days to test. I might buy some cheapies to test out the trigger a few days before that though.

Waiting impatiently, hopefully will have good news soon.

Good luck to everyone!

tbaus

Shiny_Rock
split_shank- sending tons and tons of dust your way! I have no idea if what you are feeling is normal- you have progressed further with the clomid than I ever have, but it all sounds like it is going to plan for you. I hope this is your month!

Tammy- Thanks so much for stopping by! I used to lurk in this thread while you were still posting actively here and was so happy when you got you BFP. I hope your pregnancy is going well. It is good to hear femara worked well for you, I am really hoping it is what I need to get pregnant too!

Bright- It is good to hear from you! Unfortunately they didn't accept our offer, but honestly they were such pains to deal with I'm kind of glad we didn't get it because I would hate to have these negative feelings always associated with the house. I was meant to be doing clomid+trigger this cycle, but my E2 levels never went up (which means that no follicles were developing) so unfortunately they cancelled the cycle before I even got to the trigger. As for my PCOS symptoms: still losing hair, and a new one is that I am growing thick black hairs on my upperlip. It's only a few (2 or 3 each side), but they definitely stand out. I have naturally dark hair so have always had to wax but it has always just a bit of fuzz, never thick and coarse!
Sorry to hear you are still losing your hair as well. A trip to the Dominican Republic sounds divine! You definitely deserve it. I can understand your frustration at possibly having to postpone another cycle. I agree with LV, maybe you could join them a few days late so you can have the best of both worlds?

MP- I was taking 50mg a day, CD5-CD9. In the previous cycle (which was extra extra long) I took the same dose and my E2 levels went up enough, but I didn't actually ovulate. So this month we just assumed it would work if we took the same dose plus the trigger. It sounds like the Dr wants to talk to me about changing to Femara, hopefully my body will respond to that better. Thanks for the virtual hug! How are you going? I can't remember where you are up to in your cycle. Not long until you start clomid, right?

DUST to everyone!

AFM- Like I mentioned above, we didn't get the house. I don't have much more to say about that except: onwards and upwards! I forgot to mention that on the phone with the nurse the other day she mentioned that my progesterone had spiked in the last blood test of my previous cycle. It went from something like 2nmol up to 17nmol, which from the research I've done doesn't sound like it is high enough. Probably why she also mentioned we may have needed progesterone pessaries as well this cycle if we had gotten that far. But, my question is if there was this spike in progesterone then doesn't that mean I ovulated?? So perhaps we stopped monitoring too early last cycle and I am a really really late ovulator. I haven't used the OPKs that I bought because I thought we would be triggering but perhaps since they have decided to not monitor anymore I should give them a go and see? CD21 at the moment and we are hoping AF arrives withing the next 10 or so days, but have to prepare for anything since the last cycle was 159 days and the one before that was 43 days!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
SS, that all sounds very promising. Best of luck to you! For what it's worth, I think that's the same dosage I had in my trigger shot (which is the same cycle I got pregnant). I never actually tested out the trigger, but I had a BFP by 12DPO (which was really about 14 days after I got the trigger). I think other people on here have tested out the trigger and it was gone by like 10DPO.

tbaus, that's interesting. 50 mg is a relatively low dose of clomid and usually the starting dose, so I guess it's encouraging that at least you weren't taking the highest does and still not ovulating. I'm confused about the progesterone thing too and why your level increased if you didn't ovulate. Hopefully the next doctor you see will sit down with you and discuss the results and let you ask your questions.

AFM, I should be about 7DPO or so. Assuming AF arrives (it would be so awesome if it didn't, but I'm not holding my breath), I'm supposed to go in for bloodwork and hopefully get a chance to see the NP about possibly starting clomid. I'm anxious to get the process rolling, but I'm much more relaxed about this time around. But I know all too well how stressful it is for those of you waiting to conceive your first, so I am continuing to keep you in my thoughts.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
Hi all! Sorry for the disappearing act, we went on vacation and I didn't have much to report for a couple of weeks.

MP, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you this cycle. At least you know you have a plan in place already if it doesn't work out, too.

tbaus, sorry about the stress and house. I've also had some cancelled cycles before trigger when I didn't respond and I know how disappointing it is, especially when you're all emotionally hopped up on the drugs. Hopefully the Femara will work better for both of us!

split_shank, dust to you!

Bright, I hope you keep posting. I have some of the same anxiety about scheduling travel in the next few months - we travel lots so on the one hand I feel like we need to prioritize getting pregnant and staying in town to make that possible, but I also don't want to stop living our lives in the meantime because that will make it extra frustrating if the cycle doesn't work out. I hope you can figure out a happy medium. DR sounds great, and you should definitely live up all the activities!

LV, so glad about the negative TB result. Hoping for a good result for you this next cycle.

dcg, the new doc sounds much better! Good luck with the Clomid this cycle.

Ello, welcome! I hope you have an easier go of it this time around.

AFM, we had our follow-up appt with the RE today. My AMH and testosterone both came back ok, and while DH's SA was on the low side of normal on a couple aspects, our RE wasn't concerned that it would be a problem. The plan is to try one cycle of Femara to see if I respond to that better than I did the Clomid. If not, we'll go back to FSH injectibles and work to titrate my dose appropriately, since he thinks I was underdosed on my previous cycle. He said we could go straight to IVF if we want to be more aggressive, but I'm not sure I'm quite there yet. We also have to decide about whether to do an IUI with the upcoming cycles - my gut reaction was yes, since I figure we might as well give ourselves the best possible chance, but my DH's was no since it doesn't actually increase chances all that much. I guess we have a few weeks to make a decision...

I'm also going to start attending the monthly infertility support group that the RE office puts on - I have been feeling pretty alone in my struggle since a couple of my friends recently announced pregnancies after just a month or two of trying, so I'm hoping it will help to meet some others in person.

tbaus

Shiny_Rock
MP- Hope AF stays away then! I have my fingers crossed for you.

SB- The infertility group sounds great. It would be good to talk to other people going through similar things I think. Let's hope femara works for both of us!

So I used my first OPK yesterday, and there was a second line but not as dark as the control. Tested again today and the line is much lighter. I swear if I did ovulate and we missed it by just a few days because they decided to cancel the cycle I will be p*ssed!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm back to post a little more to get caught up!

SB - Good luck with your upcoming cycle. It sounds like you haven't tried Femara before? When do you start?

Tbaus - Sorry for all of the stress with the house and the disappointment of this cycle. Regarding the house, I try to follow the whole "when it's meant to be, it will be" mantra, but it's so hard when you are in the thick of things. Are you actively looking at more houses now? I actually love looking at houses, but we are settled down now, so it's just HGTV for me these days, lol. Can you remind me if you are in Australia? I thought so, but haven't been following this thread as well. Anyway, is there something you could take to bring on a new cycle (I may have asked this before too, but I keep forgetting the name of the drug!) Sounds like you really have to push to move these drs along. It can be so frustrating. I had my share of breakdowns with TTC1 (documented here too, lol!). I hope I don't get that far this time around, but give me a cycle or two more and I just may. Trying to keep my head up for as long as I can!

SplitShank - Very exciting! How many DPO are you now? Did you get the cheapie tests?

MP - How many DPO do you usually hold out before testing??

My upcoming cycle - I will take clomid 50 mg, starting tonight! It's cd5. The nurse said it's ok to start clomid on CD3 up to CD5, so we are starting on 5 due to the upcoming holiday. I will go in on Tuesday for an u/s, then will start follistim that night (assuming I have it.) No one has exactly confirmed that it's on its way yet, so maybe I will call tomorrow to make sure everything is in order there.

split_shank

Shiny_Rock
SplitShank - Very exciting! How many DPO are you now? Did you get the cheapie tests?

I am 6 DPO, 7 post trigger. I have a drawer full of tests that I've accumulated over the last month or two (one sale of buy two packs, get $5 or something like that :lol: and I picked up 5 dollar store ones just to test out the trigger maybe. I was surprised they are labeled to show accuracy at 25mui (or so they say, not going to hold them to it on those!). I've felt crazy nauseous last night and today but I'm sure it's still the shot playing tricks on me.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
LV, fingers tightly crossed for you! Exciting to be taking that first step again.

SS, one more week to go!

tbaus, it's hard to say with the OPKs. I have used them throughout my cycle, and the second line does seem to fade in and out pretty randomly throughout the cycle. But I understand your frustration. I really hope things go more smoothly once you start seeing the fertility specialist.

SB, we were a bit reluctant to do an IUI as well because we wanted to make a baby the old fashioned-way. DH had an SA when were TTC#1, and it came back with similar results to your DH's. Everything was normal, but his motility and overall count came back at the low end of normal. Two clomid cycles didn't do the trick, so we added the IUI, trigger and prometrium, and we got our BFP. If your DH isn't quite ready for it, it doesn't hurt to try on your own again with the new protocol, but I definitely am an IUI proponent in the right situation.

AFM, no good news to report. Feeling very crampy and I had significant spotting this morning. So this is two very short cyles in a row with short LPs. It's frustrating, but in a way, it kind of makes me feel better that there at least is some sort of explanation for why I'm not getting pregnant. But here's the most frustrating part. My NP said to call on CD1, so I could come in for bloodwork on CD3 and possibly start clomid. However, it is Friday before a long weekend, and it's not technically CD1 yet. I suspect CD1 will either be today or tomorrow, which would make me CD3 on either Sunday or Labor Day. Argh. So typical.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
SB, same for us as MP! Two failed clomid cycles and my DH had borderline morphology but all other numbers were good. If nothing else, the take away is that if the clomid doesn't work, the iui/stim/trigger/progesterone has a good chance! Good luck! I'll go back to lurking now. I hope you guys don't mind me piping up here and there. :oops:

MP, ugh about your cycle! Do you happen to have any labs that are open on weekends? Maybe they'll let you sneak in on CD 2 or 4?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
MP - I would call today. Some providers are willing to do the blood work as far out as CD 4. Good luck!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
LtlFirecracker|1377887815|3512563 said:
MP - I would call today. Some providers are willing to do the blood work as far out as CD 4. Good luck!

Thanks Firecracker, I did call, and they told me to just go ahead and come in on Tuesday for bloodwork. Of course now the spotting seems to have stopped, but I can't imagine AF will hold off much longer than tomorrow. Something is clearly off with my cycle, so I'm anxious to get to the bottom of it. However, I do feel a bit guilty whining about all of this when I know others are still trying for their first.

Anyway, I'm glad to see you posting because that must mean those sweet little twins of yours are staying put where they belong for now. Sending good thoughts your way!

tbaus

Shiny_Rock
MP, please don't feel guilty! Everybody deserves to whinge about the trials and tribulations of ttc- whether it is their first, second, or sixteenth! I appreciate having you here because you so patiently explain to us first timers what is going on. AND it gives me hope that I will eventually get pregnant just like you and so many others in this thread have before me. Vent away!!

I hope your cycle sorts itself out one way or another so you can relax and enjoy the rest of your long weekend.

split_shank

Shiny_Rock
Requesting some help off talking me off the ledge...

12 days post trigger, 11 dpo today. Tested negative today so looks like trigger shot is out of my system as I suspected as my evening and nighttime cramping has stopped. Had some daytime cramping 9DPO and then noticed some brown spotting last night with my Crinone discharge (which, by the way, could be the grossest thing I've encountered in all my days, far beyond post partum 'stuff'). Wishfully thinking about implantation bleeding, yet paranoid. I know I need to wait, wait, wait. Something psychological about seeing that one-lined test this morning that just gets me all worked up and defeated and thinking that I'm starting the spotting before period like I've had for the last 6 months. Even though I should know that the Crinone last month kept that from happening. I'm not going to get AF until I stop the Crinone so I only have tests to go on right now! Technically need to wait til Friday to get an accurate result. I'm going crazy and I can't control it! :shock: Someone slap me and tell me to pull it together!!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
SS, well, at least now you know for sure the trigger is out of your system. It's still early, so you are right that you will probably just have to wait a few more days to get a definitive result. I think the crinone can sometimes cause irritation and spotting, so that might be what you are experiencing. Those negative tests are just so hard to see though, and we've all been there with testing too early. Fingers crossed for you!

tbaus, thank you. I feel a strong connection to the women on this thread (before and after they manage to cross over to the other side of this motherhood quest), and I try to keep giving my support because I know how much it meant to me to have others rooting for me. I wish nobody had to experience it, but it at least helps to know you aren't alone in your struggles or that you aren't crazy for feeling the way you feel.

Update on my end - I went in this morning to have my blood drawn. I still have no clue what cycle day I'm on because I've just been spotting off an on since Friday. It has been enough to know it's AF (and I even used an HPT yesterday), but it keeps starting and stopping. I'm hoping I don't get some wacky bloodtest results because of this. My body likes to keep things interesting. I'm waiting to hear back from my NP this afternoon to see what if anything she wants me to do this cycle. She may just end up having me wait until after my appointment later this month.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results