shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC for 6 Months or More Thread

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bella_mezzo|1289880472|2767758 said:
thanks DD! Yeah, I think WW online might be the next step...we're not quite there, but getting closer. I need to lose about 50 lbs (20 of which I gain in the past year since we got married :rolleyes: ) DH has got more than that to lose, but 50 would be an awesome start and bring him down to the upper edge of normal/healthy for his body. Hopefully we'll keep working out over the holidays and try to limit our portions and then get more serious in January...

It is a huge decision, good luck with your journey!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hello ladies,

Sorry to be away from my favorite TTC 2.0 ladies, but I have been a bit busy these past couple days. Anywho, lots to catch up on, so let me get down to it.

Steal - Thanks for all the dust and happy thoughts. I hope it does the trick! As for AF showing up for you, boo, big boo :angryfire: I am so sorry that you have to wait yet another month, but I really hope that you will be able to get that BFPBC. And the doc sounds like a total PITA. Ugh. Hang in there sweetie and keep venting whenever you need it! As for the charting, I think it would be much more helpful to be able to chart this coming month, to be able to see the patterns. It's hard just to analyze with only a few temps. And yes, I do use FF, although she is not always cooperative. Btw, quelle drama over there, although it seems all for not... :???:

Bella - Thanks for the well wishes. Sorry about AF, but that is prolly better with the adoption thing, right? As for the timing with the adoption process, OMG, you could totally be a mommy by this time next year, that's awesome! I am sorry to hear about the additional weight, but I sympathize. I got to an unhealthy weight a few years ago and after leaving a job that was working me the bone and causing some of my unhealthy eating habits, I got on Weight Watchers and changed my food thinking, and happily, my weight as well! While I didn't have too much to loose, I ended up losing about 20+ pounds, and got down to my lowest weight since high school. While I haven't kept it all off, I still try to stick with the program (I also work a couple hours a week for them now, to help keep my honest ;-) ). If you have any questions about the program, feel free to ask. Oh, and little teaser, there is a new program coming out at the end of the month, so now would be a great time to jump on board :))

CDN - That pic is too funny :lol: . How are you doing in your 2WW? How many DPO are you?

Charbie - Thanks for the well wishes. I am so sorry to hear about DH's grandma, that's awful. I hope that her recovery is speedy. As for your DH and his unhappiness, I completely agree with pp that men just hide their emotions from us, trying to be strong and everything. If you remember, my DH had a minor meltdown in June too. I had no idea that he felt that way or that he had those kind of thoughts about the TTC proces. I think so many times men just want to be the strong one's for us and they are afraid to show us what they really think. Just be sure to keep the lines of communication open and try to give his opportunities to talk to you about the process. That has helped DH and I alot throughout this whole process, esp with the escalation to ART. As for the meltdown, we have all been there. Last month after I spent the whole day playing with my friend's little guy (aka my boyfriend), I totally broke down. DH said the same thing to me too, even though it was nowhere near the right time. DH's are indeed a big help. Big hug to sweetie and hang in there. And when it gets too tough, we are here for you. Btw, you are not annoying or anything of the sort, so don't apologize. We all appreciate your circumstances, and we don't qualify the TTC process. Speaking of, lots of luck this cycle and catch that eggie!

Fisher - Thanks for the happy thoughts. Ugh, the Duggars, seriously people, can't you share some of that uberfertility? They make it all look so easy. :evil: As to your question, DH have always said they we didn't want kids right on top of each other, but seeing as how this process is anything but easy, I think we will just be happy to get pregnant, this time, and whenever else we may be. If we are superfertile right after one, then might as well capitalize on that with a second, right? We shall see though...Regarding the medical intervention thing, while I am Catholic, I still think that its ok to seek help for a medical issue, ie if it's medically necessary, why wouldn't you seek help for it (infertility). And believe me, if God doesn't want you to get pregnant, it won't happen. Just b/c you have some ART procedure, you are not guarenteed a baby. Think of it like this, you can pray to God to get a great job, but unless your work hard and apply to said job, and interview well, etc, you won't get said job. So, if you need to do a little extra to facilitate a pregnancy, then it is just a part of the process. At the end of the day, it is all in God's hands. (PS AFM = As for me)

Miss Jaxon - Thanks for the well wishes. Congrats again on the weight loss, especially with the PCOS and other issues. Great job and good luck in losing those last few pounds! Yeah for being in the 2WW. How are you feeling? I really hope that this is it for you my dear and that you will be the first BFP on the new thread! Ohh, I am jealous of the snow, its just cold rain here. Boo

Fisher and Laila - That blood thing is kinda interesting. I think my DH is O and I am A, so that could indeed present some issues. I know I was advised at some point that I would need the RGB (or whatever it is) shot because we have clashing blood types. Very interesting... :idea:

Lili - Thanks for the well wishes. How are you doing? Are you tracking at all, or just rolling with it now?

Fiery - OMG, S looks SOOO cute :saint: I adore the lady bug costume!

AFM - I am chugging along at 5DPO/DPIUI. I officially go in for BW testing with my doc next Wednesday, but I will likely give into the evil testing monster before then :twisted: . I don't like to go too much into symptoms, etc, but I had a bit of sharp, short cramping yesterday, so maybe that's a good thing, I hope... To the rest of you waiting for O or waiting in the 2WW, lots of luck ladies!

lili

Ideal_Rock
ParrotTulips--
Thanks for sharing your story.
Glad to hear that you are seeing an RE soon.
How was your appt? Hope you get clarity from it.
I'm thinking the RE will most likely suggest IUI w/ heavier dosage of medication like the Follistm.
Are you going to take another month or so off?
My acupuncture said that the clomid can be really hard on our bodies (thins out the lining and dries up the cm) and it is a
good idea to give our body a break. Good luck!!

Regarding letting your supervisor know about my appts.
I am fortunate to be in a work environment where I do not need to be physically there 9-5.
My job doesn't require me to interact w/ others much, so I was able to leave early or come in late depending on my appts.

Steal--
*hugs* again.
Moan away. Typing or writing it out is always really cathartic.
Are you bound to this particular dr or practice? Can you change dr?
I feel you on the throwing in the towel. Believe me, I've done it many times.
Sometimes you just need to give it a good chuck and scream for a moment.

Thanks for all the dust, especially that truck load.....^.^
I whispered my cycle info a while back.
I'd love to share my story, but like PT I'm always afraid to write a novel as I tend to be pretty wordy at times.
You will need to be prepared to read a novel.

Gaby--
LOL....hubbies are like that.
Mine was always insisting that I was pregnant, but at least he waited until we were in the 2WW.
When I told him he doesn't know anything, he pointed to the fact that he got he called it right the last 2 times.
Yes, if you said that I am pregnant after every cycle, you are bound to have it right when it is a true BFP!
Good luck w/ doing your business in the coming week ;-)

DC--
Special dust for you!
Woohoo...almost a wk down.
DD is doing great. Unfortunately still not PTed.
She wants nothing to do w/ it.
She even reasoned her way out of it.
I asked her one day when I picked her up at daycare why she didn't go poo in the toilet.
And her response was ... because Christina [one of her care taker] likes to change diaper.
I'll have to crack the whip on it soon though since she's getting to that preschool age.

Fisher--
*hugs* I hate it when your body gives you false symptoms.
I had a couple of months like that...though my period was never more than 2 days late.
I usually have a longer cycle if the previous one is shorter.
It's almost like your body readjust itself so that you have the same number of ovulations in a year.
I take that it is a good sign that your OB suggest IUI at the heels of you praising the miracle of medical intervention.
I understand your hesitation about IUI.
DH and I had that initial feeling too, but then we learn to see that the miracle of it all is still there.
All we are doing is just helping the swimmers a little by getting them in the door.
DC word it much better.

That is pretty interesting about the fertility diet.
Sounds like something a chinese herbalist would suggest.
Chinese are firm believe in the yin-yang in her body and diet is the key to bringing harmony back.
I'd be interested to see what results it will bring for you guys.
Oh congrats to your friend!

Charbie--
My apology. I meant to send thoughts and prayers for your grandmother.
I hope she is feeling better.
You are not annoying. We love to hear from you regardless of you are TTC officially or not.
Sending you lots of hugs.

CDN--
Aww...that red-curly-hair kid is too cute!
Love how he's holding the cat...poor kitty though :D
How are you holding up?
Did FF give you a final O date?

LTP--
I read in the TTC 1.0 and noticed that you said you temp went down on 6DPO.
Could be implantation temp dip?
Good luck!

Bella--
Boo....sorry about AF and your DH is down.
That's great he's going to have his SA checked.
That's one factor you guys can checked off.
This whole TTC can really mess us up emotionally.
Yay for making head way w/ the adoption paper.
I'm curious, is the extra weight going to be an issue?
What is the cutoff?
Good luck w/ your WW journey!

Sounds like your AF is better -- no clotting is good.
I didn't use cloth, but I did notice that my flow changed consistency too w/ CF mixed after a couple of sessions w/ the
acupunturist.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Charbie - just wanted to pop in and empathise with your struggle at hearing your friend's news. It's not easy. Two weeks after our loss my friend delivered her second baby. DH insisted we go to the hospital. I agreed as he is the baby's Godfather. As soon as I looked at him holding the newborn, I completely broke down. It was so heartbreaking and there was absolutely no way I could put into words what I was feeling.

I wish more people spoke about these feelings so others who are not going through the pain of a loss but know someone who is, can understand that the pain does linger and yes, you do think about what could have been. So many people seem to think because miscarriages are common it is something you get past and never think about again. My friends and family seem to believe if I do get pregnant again it will somehow negate the loss I had. It just isn't true. I feel like I have spent endless hours putting on a smile and acting like I'm just fine for the benefit of others, to spare them the discomfort of addressing an experience that none of my friends or family have had. It is very important that your DH is supportive and I am so happy to hear you have that. It is a good start.

I am sending you loads and loads of dust.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Waiting to O
erererererererere.gif
Steal...................................CD1
Bella...................................CD2
Charbie...............................CD9
Po.................................... CD12
Parrottulips..........................CD14
Gaby................................. CD15
Redlineblueline...................... CD30

In the Two Week Wait

icon_fertilization_1.gif
DCGator.....................................5DPIUI
CDNinNYC....................................7DPO
Lauren the Partier..........................8DPO
MissJaxon...................................8DPO

Ladies - I'm sure I have messed up some of your CD's, so if I have, please put me out of my misery and let me know where I am going wrong!

Lurking near the pool:
coffee.gif
Lili
KTF
Fisher
Ladies, please let me know if you want your CD officially added.

Bella: ***Dust*** for paperwork clearance and an official position on the December waiting list! Sorry the witch with a B found you. It never gets old, does it? I have some clotting and I told my Dr. He said unless they were large clots that it was nothing to bother about.

Lili: If I ever work again I want whatever job you have “My job doesn't require me to interact w/ others much” !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha **taps her nose** Yes I saw that but where are you now - have you tested?

Gaby: Happy egg hunting.

CDN: Any news from two week hell?

PT: Any news from your appointment – today wasn’t it?

Swimmer: :wavey:

MissJ: Thanks for the info. I know posting a few days temp’s was silly but I didn’t know temps would be still rising that late.

Charbie: Yeah for sexytime! And congrats on jumping into the pool, may your stay be short.

Dreamer: Thanks D, and thanks for still stopping over here. I love the new avatar – but is it ok that I miss the old one too?

Dcgator: You sound so happy! So much ***DUST*** for you.

Apols to all I have forgotten , I'm a little absent minded today.

AFM:

Day 1 charting on fertility frenemy. I'm a little jaded at the moment - so apols in advance for when I am not so attentive in my posts. It is nothing personal.

I found yet another cycle estimator type sites and it seems I should be ovulating on our wedding anni this cycle. That is cute. If you are interested in the site it is whenmybaby dot com. I like this one because it has a BBT adjuster, average cycle length calc and fertile days based on cycle length and LP. Fun!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Lurking near the pool:
coffee.gif
Lili
KTF
Fisher
Ladies, please let me know if you want your CD officially added.

I love that I am lurking near the pool enjoying a cup of tea reading. Pretty spot on!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
KTF-I love that you are lurking by the pool with your tea too:)

Lili-Thanks! There's no real weight cut-off for adoption or TTC. I am 5'8 and am like a size 14/16 (mostly 16 these days) DH is 5'9 and he's pretty stocky, but he also has super dense bones and muscles (the Dr made him get all sorts of special tests to determine this and indeed, he is crazy dense) so the number on the scale is way higher than what he actually looks like. He went to the gym again today :appl:

On the paperwork front, SCORE, I found out that one of my colleagues is a notary who will 1. notarize the rest of our docs for free and 2. saves us some time, so that should help us get through the next few weeks.

DCG-hold off on the testing as long as you can, IMO it really does make the wait go faster ;))

Steal-big hugs and hope that today was a better day...

Parrot-How are you?!?!?!

Fisher-the bloodtype thing is very interesting!

Big hugs to all my other ladies!!!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Bella: Great news that you have a Notary Public as a friend! Whooo for less trouble getting this paperwork bundled up.

So about my temps. I'm on what I thought was CD2 and possibly what I would have called CD4 based on my spotting and Fertility frenemy has thrown me back to CD1 again. I imagine because my temp is lower than yesterday? At this rate I will ovulate on CD3 :rolleyes: . Ha, that's if I launch an eggie at all - time will tell.

6DPO: 35.74 [8th Nove]
7DPO: 35.79
8DPO: 35.99
9DPO: 36.36
10DPO: 36.25
11DPO:36.36
12DPO/CD1: 36.30 Spotting
13DPO/CD1:36.35 Spotting
14DPO/CD1: 36.05 Spotting (+ light flow)
15DPO (31 total cycle days since last AF)/CD1: 35.85 Spotting

I'm confuzzled. ***skips off to FF to gawp at other charts***

ETA: Double confuzzled. Ignore this whole post. Fertility F@rty Face has put me back to CD2 today.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry I had been MIA, as ridiculous at is sound I got depressed after all the BFP (Nothing against the ladies, I wish them the best) but It makes me doubt of myself, and the classic question came to mi mind (why not me). Oh well, DH asked me to step away a few days of this tread b/c it's making me sad. Besides that I feel stress with the family arriving tomorrow. Sending hugs, love and dust to all of you.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
So, FF is having a hissy fit. When I was a lurker I could view charts, yesterday after I registered, I could view charts but now it tells me I have to upgrade to view charts. Booooooo.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
gaby06|1290011491|2769975 said:
I'm sorry I had been MIA, as ridiculous at is sound I got depressed after all the BFP (Nothing against the ladies, I wish them the best) but It makes me doubt of myself, and the classic question came to mi mind (why not me). Oh well, DH asked me to step away a few days of this tread b/c it's making me sad. Besides that I feel stress with the family arriving tomorrow. Sending hugs, love and dust to all of you.

I think I wrote the exact same thing just a little while ago. In fact that is why I started this thread. Gaby, keep out of TTC uno for a little while and this one too if you feel sad. You know I had planned, instead of this thread to start something up in an obscure part of PS, to keep things more private. I'm just saying it might still be an option for us ladies to have a more general chat without obsessing about TTC. As I mentioned in TTC uno, I really was crying at the BFP's. Not out of malice or begrudgery but at the plain fact that sex = baby. The BFP's were proof of that. So why wasn't I pregnant. I'm just saying I completely understand.

**a great big hug**

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hello my lovelies,

How is everyone doing over here. I know it's a bit of a tense time for us all, but hang in there ladies! We are all here to laugh, cry, and just plain old act crazy, so bring it on :tongue:

Lili - Don't ever hesitiate to share on here. We would love to hear your story, should you choose to share it. I also second your acupuncturist's take on Clomid. I get maybe one day of quality CM now, and a break would probably be good after this one (should it be needed). That is way too funny about your LO. I love how she reasons herself out of it, :rolleyes: . I guess she has that personality well in place, eh? So how are things going on your end...cough, cough... I hope all is well :naughty:

KTF - Big hug for you dear! PS Enjoy that nice, hot tea.

Steal - Thanks for keeping the list updated my dear. Thanks also for all the pretty dust, :)) I would love to say I am still so very happy, but I think I know too much about temps and all the pregnancy symptoms to be as happy now. So, don't quote me on the zen state yet. In fact, I am considering ditching the thermometer for the next couple days. Who knows though. As for your joys with charting, I understand the frustration, FF has moved my O day around a bit this month too, so I am not exactly when I O'ed, but have just guessed based on the timing of the trigger. But, the good news about FF moving it around, is that like hindsight being 20/20, being able to analyze past temps in relation to current temps gives it the most accuracy.

Bella - Good deal on the notary friend. Score indeed for speeding up the process! While I admire your ability to hold off testing, I just can't take it! If I have to wait with all that joy/excitement/fear for the doc to call me, I might loose it :errrr: Plus with the holidays coming up, that would be a major blow if I get an unexpected negative the day before the holiday. I might not be such a happy holiday, if you KWIM

Gaby - I am sorry about the sadness. Pretty much all us have been there, including me during the summer. If you need time away, take all the time you need. If you find you want to talk to someone, we are here for you. As for your feelings on the recent BFP's, again completely normal, and I would be hard pressed to say we all don't feel that way sometimes, especially after a BFN. SUPER BIG (((HUG))) to you sweetie.

LTP, CDN and Miss Jaxon - How you ladies hanging? Have you given in to the testing monster yet, or are still holding out? Lots of luck and sticky dust for you ladies!

AFM, Still hanging in there, but not as skippy, happy, cheery as before. I think that too much knowledge can be a bad thing with all the TTC stuff. Anyway, I am going to try to stay positive, despite signs or no signs. There is one super cute thing though. My DH and I constantly go back and forth about whether its a "he or she" growing in my belly, so now we have just got to calling it the little nijna turtle. (Don't ask how we came up with this) It does make me smile to think a little ninja turtle may be cozying up there, so that is what I am focusing on now. ;-)

I wish you ladies lots of luck where ever in this whole process you may be. I know its an often hard and wearing path, but as we get near Thanksgiving, I wanted to say that I am so very thankful that I have such wonderful ladies to walk this road with. May we all be granted with little ninja turtles of our own soon. In fact, I am going to send out my letter to Santa early this year and ask that he bring all us little Christmas miracles (or Hannukah, Kwanza, Ramadan (sp), etc. miracles, if it better suits you) :saint:

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Hi Dcgator,
I still going to **dust** you. You are working so hard for your BFP, I really hope it comes soon. Are about about 7/8DPIUI? That is very early to be making any pronouncments. Perhaps you are right, maybe it is time to stop temping and let your body work its magic.

AFM: CD3 according to FF. I am the proud owner of a 3 dot chart. :praise:
SA was today and surprisingly the results should be with our Dr. (all going well) tomorrow and so we have booked a provisional appoint at 5pm. I felt a little sad leaving DH's swimmers all alone*.

Love to all.

*(edited)

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
I just got back from my appointment with the RE. I like him so, so much better than the OB I was seeing. He was kind, patient, and explained things thoroughly.

He confirmed (what my previous OB had dismissed) that my progesterone levels seemed a bit low (6.9) and that my luteal phase was shorter than he'd like (average about 10 days). He's not sure at this point whether or not it's a contributing factor to why I haven't gotten pregnant yet, but was pleased with the course of action my previous OB had taken (Clomid, to help strengthen my ovulation).

He also performed an ultrasound, and saw what was likely a cervical fibroid. I am now scheduled for a pelvic MRI. He doesn't seem too concerned about it at this point.

We also discussed our next course of action, which will include injectable meds, close monitoring, and IUI's, provided the MRI doesn't show anything worrisome. If we're given all green lights, we'll probably start the process in January. In the mean time, I'm happy to have an extended break from the very involved process of TTC. :)

All in all, I'm pleased to have a game plan. Not pleased about the fibroid, but hey, what can you do about it.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
DCGator - Still sending tons of dust your way. I sincerely hope this IUI is the one that gives you that little ninja turtle that you and your DH have been hoping for.

Steal - FertilityFriend is driving me up a wall these days, too, so I can relate. I'm sorry about AF coming back to visit, but hope that with your efforts of keeping the list updated, you'll soon be rewarded with a BFP!

Lili - I hope everything's going well for you.

Bella - So cool to hear that adoption paperwork is getting moved through - and for FREE!

CDN - How are you??? :wavey:

Parrot - How are you? ETA: Just saw that you posted right before me! Glad your RE appointment was promising. Boo on the fibroid, but your doctor is taking action by ordering the MRI, so that's great!

Laila - Thanks so much for posting about eating for your blood type. I investigated it a little bit, and found that W and I would have very basic and different items to avoid. Still, interesting perspective.

Fisher - How have you been.

Hi Swimmer, MissJ, Dreamer, HOU, and Charbie! :wavey:

Gaby - Sometimes I feel like being a bit more educated about this whole process is making me so stressed and emotional when things like my temp takes a dip after O for a sustained number of days. I can empathize with needing to take some time away, so please take care of yourself. We're here when you need us.

KTF - HUGE hugs!!! I completely understand how you feel. I am going to be visiting family in Reno next week, and one of my cousins had her daughter, Sophia, the DAY after I had my loss. I was still in the hospital and W was still sending out texts to my VERY immediate family that I had made it through surgery ok, when my aunt sent a text complete with pic that my cousin had had her baby. Of course, I'm happy for her, but the pain was much too great so soon after my loss when I still FELT pregnant, despite being hooked up to machines and morphine in the hospital.

Related to this; can I vent for just a minute?? All of my cousins and even my sister; ALL of them have had unplanned pregnancies (without being married) in the last 3 years. Every. Single. One. Has been accidental. I am the oldest of 35 grandkids on that side, and we now have 5 great-grandkids on my Mom's side and NOT ONE was planned, and all of them born out of wedlock; not that it matters anymore, but still. Just irks me that I feel like I've wanted this for so long and it wasn't gifted to me accidentally. I'm just having my own pity party because it's apparently easy for so many of my cousins to just get knocked up with completely problem-free pregnancies despite being on BC and having sex once a month. Why is this so hard for me?

AFM, I'm DPO10. Had a temp spike on DPO3 then 6 days of much lower temps (but above coverline) and then another spike today. Although, this is the first time FF has EVER given me cross-hairs, so I thought I'd share my chart. :)

LTPChart.jpg

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone! My internet has been on the fritz since a couple of evenings ago, so I apologize for my longish absence. I've been following along on my iphone but it's a bit of a challenge to post on smartphones.

Charbie, I'm sorry to hear about your DH's grandmother. I hope she's recovering well? Sending her good thoughts!

And please put those "I'm annoying" thoughts out of your head. You're not in the least. Steal was very right in starting this thread. We need a place to go to when we need support.

I hope you're having a fun marathon. :naughty:

Bella, I'm sorry your DH is down in the dumps. I can totally relate as there were times I was pretty bored and grumpy. I'm glad I found something to keep me interested and busy instead of moping around the apartment. I hope things improve for him soon. And YAY for adoption paperwork headway!

Missjaxon, how are things? Are you in Canada? I keep hearing about snow! I hope it stays there. :twisted:

fisherofmengirly, I don't know if anyone answered you already but AFM stands for 'As For Me'.

Steal, FF sucks sometimes but I hope your chart has 'settled'. Mine was all over the place during icon_egg.gif and it was a confusing few days!

You must be on pins and needles for tomorrow's results! Wishing you the very best!

Lili, Steal is exactly right. You are a very sweet poster. You should come join us on the dance floor instead of leaning against the wall. And yes, FF finally gave me a date!

DC, I'm sending you every good thought/vibe/prayer/dust your way that this is THE cycle and you get your little nijna turtle!

Gaby, hug7.gif We totally understand where you're coming from. Hope your Thanksgiving plans are going well? I'm still amazed at your visitor headcount.

parrottulips, glad to hear your like your new doctor. Would a cervical fibroid delay fertility treatment? I'm not familiar with it at all, so excuse the possibly dumb question.

LTP,we're almost cycle buddies! And nice chart! That's a great temp rise to have on DPO10.

AFM, I'm at 9DPO. I'm not really sure what to make of this cycle. FF kept changing my O date and when it finally settled on CD19, DH and I had only one, yes ONE, good BD that fit into the window. I also had pains on my left side I assume are from O and since I no longer have a tube there, I've been thinking my chances are next to nil. However, I've been having some weird symptoms that are making me hope. I just don't know what to make of it.

If this cycle doesn't pan out, as I'm assuming it won't, next cycle's O date fall's on one of our anniversaries (we have two) AND we are planning to be away on holiday during that time as well. Sounds awfully familiar to last time. DH says it's serendipitous. I say, prepare yourself to be DownloadedFile-1_1.jpg to our suite!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Btw, DCGator, LTP, and MissJaxon when are you all gonna POAS? :naughty:

poas1.gif

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
CDN - Yes I am in Canada, Saskatchewan to be exact! We got a terrible storm today and I have been combatting the snow drifts ALL.DAY!, at one point I locked myself out of the house in the storm! :knockout: Luckily my sister lives very close and rescued me before I could feel too sorry for my frozen little self! haha

LPT - Hello back! :wavey: I am sorry you are feeling the frustration of the ones who just *poof* become pregnant. :(( I totally understand where you are coming from, and I really wish you didn't have to feel this kind of pain. *BIG HUGS* I am sending you oodles of baby *dust* sweetie! Great chart and YAY! for crosshairs!! :appl:

Steal - Sorry FF is being a bugger for you. I sometimes get frustrated with it too, it certainly seems to have a mind of its very own from time to time. YAY for a 3 dot chart! :appl: I hope you get great news at your appointment tomorrow, are you and DH getting impatient for the results? Next day is quite quick - we had to wait a whole 4 weeks to get the results back and I was literally ready to climb a wall I was so anxious to find out if we would have good or bad news, naturally I assumed the worst (that is just how I am, it can only get better that way and if not at least it is on par for my expectations :knockout: ) I really need to start being more positive!

AFM - My neat and tidy chart (attached below) has indicated that I should be expecting AF very soon, my temp has dropped almost below coverline and so I am expecting it tomorrow or the next day. :blackeye: This should be a fun weekend, it is our nephews 2nd birthday and our other SIL who is a :devil: is 5 months pregnant with her 3rd so I already know what all of the conversation will be. :(sad I might have to drink lattes and hot tub in the snow just to console myself.

Hello to all the other ladies :wavey: - still thinking of you all and wishing you the very best! I hope one (or more) of you get a BFP soon! We need a first over here on this thread so we can celebrate and have a party! :cheeky:

Screen shot 2010-11-18 at 8.46.43 PM.png

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
LTP I don't want to be a poopenator but I am not sure I agree with FF in this case about the cross hairs. Did you have other clear signs of ovulation to corroborate the cross hairs? Or an OPK? I am *not* questioning that you O'd, but rather thinking you should be cautious about putting too much stock in the estimated O day that FF gave you, especially with the two missing temps on CD 15 and 16 when the values would have mettered a lot -- if low like CD 13 and 16 then it mends credence to the O day you were given, but if higher then I could have been earlier with a post-O dip. Your temps are all over the place and I notice lots of empty circles... I wonder if for you temping is not the best tool? Have your tried vaginal temping? I just would hate to see you use temping and the estimated O day from this month, for example, to help plan BDs for next month, since I suspect it is not all that accurate for you. Sorry if you have talked about this before, I have not seen your charts in the past.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Can I come in?.................*sheepishly peaks head round door*. Sorreee, I've been away for ages and haven't had a chance to reply to you all. Things have been up in the air the last couple of weeks, with work, family, our wee business and DHs poorliness. He had severe food poisoning for 4 days, it was awful, he was so ill and so like CD, I've not had a chance to post but have been reading on my iphone. I popped my head into TTC 1 this morning to wish Moxie all the best, but I'm trying to avoid numero uno just now, for a while anyway but it seems busy as usual in there. Just too positive (no pun intended) in there just now and although I see their positivity, I raise them a jaded bleh!!

So here's a question - do any of you get the flu jab each year? I'm asthmatic and every year without fail I get the jab and have my appointment for this Monday morning. Now I'm on CD15 and second peak and although I think this month is out cos we've physically not been able to bd as often as we should, I don't want to get the flu jab if there's a slim chance that we've conceived. Any thoughts, should I go Monday or wait for af or a bfp before deciding? You see I read a few reports that link the flu jab to autism and I'm really reticent plus knowing our luck.............y'see if we didn't have bad luck, we'd have no luck at all!!! Sounds dramatic, but true, if its gonna happen to someone, it's DH and I. Last week, not only was DH extremely ill, washing machine broke, got a new washing machine, guy broke something off on the hose, kitchen flooded twice, had to sort it all out ourselves nightmare......within an hour the tumble dryer went poof..........had to buy a new tumble dryer. £800 before Christmas. :confused:

Anyhoo, I'm off work today and Monday, woohoo and going to chill until I go see the new Harry Potter movie with my nieces tonight, can't wait. I'm a big wean (kid). Wean in Scotland is what we call children, it's short for wee one and pronounced wayne, ocht a wee weird insight to our strange terminology. Then off to watch the football (soccer) tomorrow with my sis, where we'll have a right good blether (chat/gossip) and then on Sunday, DH and I are going to see new puppies at a breeders cos we're buying mil another Yorkshire terrier for her Christmas. She already has a yorkie and would love another and she has no idea we're getting her one. With DHs dad dying suddenly in May, Christmas is going to be hard so we thought we'd get her something to look and care for so this is perfect. I named her other Yorkie, Pippin and I'm hoping to name the new puppy Merry. So Pippin and Merry, the names of the 2 hobbits in Lord of the Rings. Sorry geek alert!!

How's your Christmas shopping coming along ladies? I'm already doing well, still have heaps to do tho and would love to share ideas for gifts for DH, as I find it difficult at times what to buy him. When do you put up your Christmas decorations? I always go for the 12 days before and after, as I don't like them up too early, although my pussy-tat loves having the tree up, as he sleeps underneath it, all wrapped up in my tree skirt.

My goodness, I've just seen what I've typed, eek, been a bit ott today, but this is a perfect place to share and I thought we could maybe take our minds off the inevitable for a wee while and talk about our plans and Christmas/New Year......or Hogmaney as we call it here.

Slobbers

Po
x

Oh......if any of you are interested in the plan I've been following for my weightloss, click on the link below, I know it may look like a dodgy site, but honestly it's legit and this plan has literally saved my life, it's hard but you learn heaps and I can't promote it enough:

http://www.londonpersonaltrainingstudio.com/eliminationdiet/

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1290137982|2772483 said:
LTP I don't want to be a poopenator but I am not sure I agree with FF in this case about the cross hairs. Did you have other clear signs of ovulation to corroborate the cross hairs? Or an OPK? I am *not* questioning that you O'd, but rather thinking you should be cautious about putting too much stock in the estimated O day that FF gave you, especially with the two missing temps on CD 15 and 16 when the values would have mettered a lot -- if low like CD 13 and 16 then it mends credence to the O day you were given, but if higher then I could have been earlier with a post-O dip. Your temps are all over the place and I notice lots of empty circles... I wonder if for you temping is not the best tool? Have your tried vaginal temping? I just would hate to see you use temping and the estimated O day from this month, for example, to help plan BDs for next month, since I suspect it is not all that accurate for you. Sorry if you have talked about this before, I have not seen your charts in the past.

Dreamer, thank you so much for your insight! How are you feeling these days?

This is the first chart where I've ever seen cross hairs, but I think being hypothyroidal, getting up 2x +a night, and having irregular waking schedules is making this charting thing incredibly unreliable. I also don't know enough about charting to understand . What do the empty circles mean?

As for other signs, I had some serious cramping on my left side on Sunday (the day before FF says I O'd) that I have experienced once before; the cycle I did get pregnant on the opposite side. Plus a couple of days of EWCM this cycle, whereas in July, I had 4 straight days of it.

Do you think I should try vaginal temping? I'm doing oral temps right after the alarm goes off.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
LaurenThePartier|1290176912|2772801 said:
Dreamer_D|1290137982|2772483 said:

Dreamer, thank you so much for your insight! How are you feeling these days?

This is the first chart where I've ever seen cross hairs, but I think being hypothyroidal, getting up 2x +a night, and having irregular waking schedules is making this charting thing incredibly unreliable. I also don't know enough about charting to understand . What do the empty circles mean?

As for other signs, I had some serious cramping on my left side on Sunday (the day before FF says I O'd) that I have experienced once before; the cycle I did get pregnant on the opposite side. Plus a couple of days of EWCM this cycle, whereas in July, I had 4 straight days of it.

Do you think I should try vaginal temping? I'm doing oral temps right after the alarm goes off.

Empty circles means you are temping at different times each morning. For some women this does not matter at all but for others it does matter to their temps. Can you set your alarm for the same time each morning to temp and then go back to sleep if you don't wake for longer? Given that you had other signs of O, the CF in particular, as long as you feel confident in your assessment of the CF, then that might be the most reliable indicator for you! I have read on other sites that a lot of women have much better luck with vaginal tmeping, especially if they are mouth breathers at night. I think it just evens them out making the patterns easier to see. I think you just stick the thermometer where the sun don't shine ;)) Since you have not been getting cross hairs, I would be tempted to either try the vaginal temping OR give up the thermometer and rely on your other fertility signs, perhaps adding a cervical check to the mix or assessing CF internally, which I found more accurate that external checking.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
KTF, Bella, Gaby, Dcgator, Lili, Charbie, Fisher and anybody I have forgotten: :wavey: :))

PT: It makes all the difference when you find a Dr. that inspires your confidence. I’m glad that you feel better about this Dr. I hope the fibroid will not be problematic. It must be a relief to have a plan of action for next year. Do you have a date for the MRI yet or are you waitlisted?

LTP: I completely understand your vent. It is unfair, plain and simple. Does FF alter your temps to account for any difference if you take it earlier or later? If not, would that help? I posted a link a while back which adjusts your temp based on the time you take it.
Good luck this cycle.

CDN: I hate symptoms. Thanks for your positivity; I appreciate it. I wish this cycle was more certain as to your O date and hope it was the right ovary. Good luck honey. Where do you volunteer, what kind of job I mean?

MissJ: I would love to visit Canada one day. I hope the weather isn’t problematic for you now that winter has set in. Thanks for cheering on my 3 dot chart – now 5 dots. Crazy that you had to wait 4 weeks for SA. I mean they test it within 1 hour so why the delay? A hot tub in the snow sounds great about now – I am very jealous. I’m sorry this cycle looks unsuccessful.

Dreamer: Glad to see you. :)) I am going to keep temping for this month and will post my chart at the end. Will you please take a look at it for me when that time comes? As for you: I wonder if there might just be a little girlie in there – considering how different this pregnancy is so far. Fingers crossed for a healthy little bebe – esp. a girl.

Po: Lovely to see you. I asked a little while back if you saw the ITV drama – the little house. It was great. I got the flu shot last month – DH was keen in case we got pregnant that I not be sick if it was avoidable, but it is each to her own really. I’m sorry you have a run of bad luck at your house. Get looking in the sales – £800 for a dryer is daylight robbery – do you need the condensing version? It is very annoying when you pay a professional to do a job – they c0ck it up and you had to DIY anyway. I'm sure the bad luck has passed over now and you will get a nice peaceful run. I bet the cinema was packed, did you enjoy yourself? DH and I planned to buy TV for this year as a joint present and maybe a DVD or two. Not a whole lot his year but it will be great to have our 1st Christmas in our own house, something we haven’t done since ’06. Well done on continuing your weight loss! Great job.

***Dust to all***

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
(((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))) STEAL! I am so sorry for this news. It definitely sounds discouraging, but I know that you and your DH can come through this with a better and stronger relationship. He must feel very sad/angry/upset. It sucks that that decision on his parents part so many years ago can have this kind of impact on your lives. I know that you will be parents to the child/children you are meant to have (whether through a BD miracle, IUI, IVF, or adoption).

I'm so sorry that he lashed out at you and made comments about TTC being your idea/obsession. I think we all do get pretty obsessed with the TTC process, but at least for me, it's a shocker to encounter problems in that department and the longing and pain and confusion and wondering why it's not working month after month after month only makes things worse. I think DHs just process things differently (more internal) and like to distance themselves from the process, it's like they think the magic baby fairy shows up and then you become parents...DH sometimes makes comments like that to me about how I am obsessed with TTC (especially earlier in the year) and now about our adoption he thinks I talk about it way to much. The other day he was like "please tell me I don't talk about football as much as you talk about adoption :rolleyes: " (the answer is, he talks about football just as much :cheeky: ) Anyway, I don't think guys are as hardwired to think abut the process and verbalize their feelings, but at the same time, DH admits he always thinks about getting pregnant and about our adoption and he "secretly" reads/studies up online and busts out comments about implantation spotting or a certain aspect of the adoption process that we've never discussed. I think DHs take a while to figure out how to handle infertility, fertility challenges, and changes in process. DH spent the first 6 months of the year getting upset when I wanted to BD on "the good days" and now he knows when they are better than me:) But it took him much, much longer to get to the place where he realized it was taking a while and maybe we should BOTH be more intentional about optimal BDing.

My guess is that your DH is just hurt and confused and angry right now. He's feeling threatened in his fertility/masculinity, he feels like he let you down b/c his swimmers have some issues, and he's angry with his parents for probably in large part contributing to that issue. Hopefully when he starts working through some of those feelings you will come together on the same page about TTC and ART together.

We love you Steal! This thread/forum are great places to vent and work through your pain and hopefully he has a support system he can talk to, or at least work things out on his own...I would make sure he knew how much his comments hurt you and that you are willing to shelve the whole TTC/ART conversation until he wants to discuss future steps...my DH often comes around very quickly when he feels like he has some space to make a decision rather than me pushing him (exhibit A being his SA which he was adamantly opposed to this summer and now can't wait to have...)

Big, giant, mushy, awesome hugs to you for being such a strong lady, for your awesome presence here on PS, and for slogging through this rough patch on the road to parenthood!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Steal, I am just so sorry. Your husband must be in a lot of pain right now, especially because he feels like there is something that his parents could have done to avoid this outcome! I am sure that makes it worse than if it was some uncontrollable random thing. And it does not excuse him dumping a little blame/emotions on you, but it certainly explains it. When we are hurt, we very very often lash out at the ones we love, because we know it is safe to do so. From the sounds of it, he has been an active participant in TTC since you started, and I am sure he is on board. He just needs time to process everything and wrap his head around what must be devastating news for him. And he probably feels some guilt or pain that it is "his fault" that TTC is taking so long.

You are a wonderful wife and I know you will do your best to support him however he needs support at the moment. Take a little step back for a week or so, waiting to see how his thinking about this issue progresses, you guys will get through this for sure.

And if you are a little obsessed with TTC, that is ok you know 8) It is an important goal for you, you are allowed to think about it as much as you like and talk about it as much as you like in my opinion. You cannot force how he feels about things and he cannot force you either! But I feel confident you two will decide on a path forward, together, once this news loses some of its sting with time.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs, Steal. What a bummer. :(( Your poor DH. I sure hope he's not beating himself up.

The whole infertility thing is so random and so unfair.

At least the positive thing is that now you know why it hasn't been happening, it's no one's fault, and you can proceed from there. I'm sure your DH will be on board if you pursue ART. You probably have to just give him a little bit of time to take all this in.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, Steal. Lots of hugs, my dear.

I'm so sorry you and your DH received such disappointing news, and that although he said some hurtful things in response to his results (talking without thinking first is natural given that type of news), his reaction seems rather in-line with the male need to not want to vent about a problem, but rather, to find the solution to your problem. He's got to resolve his feelings on one thing, though; he's the problem.

I can understand the anger, and the guilt he must be feeling, though this isn't his fault at all, but he's playing the "what-if" game and sadly, he just needs to get past the fact that this bump in the road was unavoidable. He needs to realize that you'll let him mourn and be moody and sulk and pout about this all he wants, and as the loving wife, you'll give him all of the understanding, space, and time he needs until it's time to get up and solve the problem.

No matter what, Steal - we are here to listen to you vent, support you during the tough stuff, and cheer you on through your joys as you and DH work through this and decide on next steps on TTC or if you'll move to ART. More hugs coming to you from TX!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Oh Steal! I'm so sorry the results were not as favorable as you hoped. I wish I had a magic wand to make it better for you two. I wish I had some sort of answer, some sort of cure...but in reality, I don't even have the insight to know how the news must feel. This process is just so stressful for all parties involved, and I'm sure your husband is experiencing something he wasn't prepared for. Men are expected to be the providers...and I'm sure he is crushed bc he can't provide you with the one thing you want most. I hope at the very least that now having this information means you can proceed forward armed and ready for whatever decisions you make. I simply cannot imagine the frustration knowing each month only has a slight chance of ending with a BFP...but as has been mentioned...it only takes one swimmer. Huge hugs.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Oh Steal, sending you armful of hugs!!
I'm so sorry that you and your DH received such unfavorable news.
And I'm sorry that it is putting tension in your relationship.
It is really a big blow to the male ego when their SA comes back anything but stellar.
Your DH just needs time to process and accept the news.
Hugs to you guys.

One thing I do want to mention is that it might be best to get a second opinion on the SA.
I recall another PS poster (I believe it is Logan Sapphire) whose DH had issue w/ his SA too.
The numbers pretty much dictated that the only option they had was IVF w/ ICSI.
Anyway, they proceed w/ adoption instead and shortly after the adoption of beautiful daughter,
they found themselves pregnant w/o any medical interventions. It turned out that the SA numbers
weren't as dire as the fertility clinic had made it to be. I don't know the full details...but that's the gist of the story.
So it might be worthwhile to investigate it more when your DH is up to it.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Gaby--
*hugs* We've all been there once or twice.
Sometimes a break from here is a good idea.
We are here to listen and lend some support if you need.

Bella--
Score on the notary.
That is great news.
And yay for your DH's motivation in going to the gym.
Nothing could ever motivate me to get into the gym except pregnancy ^.^

LTP--
It is unfair....
but the way I look at it is this...the harder and bitter the road, the sweeter the reward at the end.
I'm confident that it won't take you long to get your BFP.

DC--
Sending you loads of dust.
Hope you get fabulous news so share this Thanksgiving holiday.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results