shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC for 6 Months or More Thread

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
RT, congrats on making it to 8 DPO without testing. Your signs sound promising.

Tbaus, thanks for checking in. Keep us posted on your pregnancy. Sticky, heatlhy dust to you. I'm 11 DPO today.

MP, good luck with your decision on the embies. Do you need much advance notice for the thawing?

KSmom, I'm 11 DPO planning to test tomorrow. Do you have a plan for your next cycle?

AFM, 11 DPO, planning to test tomorrow. Not feeling any signs despite being on progesterone. I'm a little afraid to test for fear of the BFN. I'll live in limbo (blissful ignorance) for a little while longer.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
I only have time for a quick drive-by, but MP, wishing you well on your transfer on Monday. The choice about how many embryos to transfer is very personal, but I usually try to figure out what I am likely to regret the least in all the possible scenarios. I wouldn't worry about having a 'sub-optimal' transfer environment just because your lining is 8.8, since lining thickness alone doesn't guarantee anything either way - I know people who have had success with 6.5 and others who haven't with 9+. There is so much about this process that science doesn't understand, and unfortunately if it doesn't work you will never really know the reason why. I hope you find peace with your decision one way or another.

jgator, sending good vibes your way for tomorrow. Thinking of everyone else!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
JGator, you've probably tested by now, but I wanted to say good luck as well!

Random, same to you in a few days!

Tbaus, hope all is going well!

SB, thank you. I'm not really worried about my lining as my doctor assured me it looks just fine, but like you said there are just so many unknowns and no real answers when it fails. Hope you are doing well and getting through this latest FET prep as best you can.

AFM, we decided to have them go ahead and thaw two. I just felt too unsettled with the plan of only doing one. Turns out that's what my doctor would've recommended in the first place but thought I only wanted to do one, so it was a miscommunication thing. We're all on the same page now. I'm just hoping at least one will stick this time, and hoping my candy binge last night and this morning won't hurt my chances ;-)

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
mp, omg I'm thinking about you every second of the day! Hope you're getting some rest over the weekend. Good luck!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
MP, I'll be thinking about you all day on Monday! Sending you so much good luck vibes!!! FWIW, I'm a twin so just from my perspective being a twin is TOTALLY AWESOME. And I'm sure the candy binging will convince the embies that their mom is the sweetest ;))

Tbaus, Glad you're doing OK and thanks for keeping tabs on us.

Choro, I'm in your bank, I'd rather just hold off on the U/S until later too. Hoping you guys are doing well. Your appointment date will be here before you know it.

SB, I'm hoping you'll be successful this cycle. And I totally understand feeling discouraged, heck, we're only human. Fortunately, sounds like you have an awesome DH that's been super supportive.

KSMom, I had to LOL about your teenagers comment. Dude, I think back to when I was that age and I'm like, seriously, how did I have that much sex and not be completely exhausted. Like there are some days that I'm truly saying to myself, "OK let's just get this thing over with." Sounds horrible, I know. But dude when I was young I remember going at it like rabbits and I actually ENJOYED it. I mean, I still do but man I'm so exhausted by the end of the day. That's why morning sex is the BEST. Sigh... youth is wasted on the young!
I'm glad you're doing OK with your grieving and good for you for trying to get off the Celexa. Yeah, the BFN would definitely be a dampener, but hopefully in 2 wks you'll know if you need to go back on it or not. I haven't seen anyone about our termination. I've talked to a few friends online about it, one went through the same thing, so it was really supportive.

JGator, gah! I can't wait to see what the news is! I'm sending you so much dust!!!

RT, looks promising. I hope this is your cycle :)

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Quick update, I tested around 9pm tonight and I think it's a BFN. I will test again tomorrow with FMU, but starting to think we're in for another IUI. Will keep you all posted.

MP, yay for transferring two!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Another update - I think spotting and/or AF is here today even after taking progesterone twice daily. I also got a BFN today at 13 DPO with FMU. So, I will call the RE in the AM. I assume I'll go in for a CD3 bloodwork/sono and on to another IUI cycle on Wednesday. MP, crossing fingers and toes that tomorrow is your day! And, 1 or 2 embies stick for good. Keep the faith!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
MP, good luck today! Thinking of you.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MP - Thinking of you today. Hope all went well and you are resting now.

JGator - Sorry to hear about the bfn. I hope the second time's the charm.

Tbaus - I never properly congratulated you, though I was just delighted when I first read your news!! Huge congrats to you!!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
MP, thinking of you today. I hope your transfer went well & that you have a sticky bean in there...or 2!

JGator, I'm sorry for the bfn & really hope the next cycle is the one.

RT, hope you have good news soon!

LC & KSMom, hoping you both have healthy, sticky beans on the way very soon.

SB, I hope all goes well with your FET & that you have a little one on the way soon. I certainly understand feeling down about the process after so much time, but I know you'll be a mama. Miracles happen, even when all seems lost. Hugs.

tbaus, I was beyond thrilled to hear your news! (Sorry for being so late to congratulate you.) Sending a ton of sticky dust your way.

choro, huge congrats to you too, lady, and an additional shipment of sticky dust.

LV, I hope you're feeling well & baking away. So happy for all of the mamas to be...

Even though I don't post much these days, I do think of all of you wonderful ladies often & follow your progress closely.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the good wishes, ladies. The two blasts survived the thaw, were reexpanding, and are (hopefully) safely tucked inside of me right now nestling in. I don't remember how I felt last time, but right now I'm just nervous about every little movement I make and wondering how anyone even gets pregnant and stays pregnant this way. Seems so hard to imagine.

JGator, I'm so sorry about the BFN. It's so hard to get that news, but keep your head high. Best wishes for the next cycle. It can still work.

Bright, thanks for stopping in! How's that beautiful little baby treating you? I hope things are settling down and you are enjoying your time with her. My first month was crazy!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
MP, that's great that your blasts were re-expanding. Sounds like they are in great shape. I really hope one or two stick this time! Grow babies, grow!!!

Bright, we need to see pics of Virginia! How is mommy life treating you? Hopefully, you are getting some sleep.

LV, thinking of you. Hope the pregnancy is going well.

AFM, I am going in tomorrow AM for bloodwork/ultrasound. I stopped the progesterone on my own yesterday. The nurse said to keep taking it till I have a negative blood test, but I know it's a BFN so no sense prolonging this. I am having a light (on/off) AF so not sure what is up with that.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
JGator, I hope you are wrong about your bfn.
mp, stick babies, stick!! Fingers crossed!

AFM, My mother was hospitalized so I flew home to stay for at least a month. I postponed my ultrasound to Dec 15. I'm not getting one here (Japan) because if the baby is not progressing, my dad has to see me in surgery while my mom is still in the hospital.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
JGator, I don't blame you for stopping the progesterone. Completely different situation, but when I just knew our baby wasn't normal with the low betas and measuring small, I cried every single time DH gave me a PIO shot, not because of the pain or anything, but because I knew I was just prolonging the inevitable. Really hoping that your next round works. IUI is just so much less intense and high stakes, although IVF ended up not being as bad as I thought it would, so do not be too discouraged if you end up going that route if the IUIs don't end up doing the trick. I still think there's a good chance they will though!

Choro, so sorry to hear about your mother. Best wishes for her, and I'm glad you are able to be with her. I trust your little one is growing just fine and all will be well with your ultrasound in December. Take care of yourself.

AFM, I wish I could remember how I felt last time. I just feel so blah about my chances of this working. Stupid things are worrying me. Like I'm a tummy sleeper and tried to sleep on my back the first night, and I kept ended up on my stomach, or the fact that we ended up with way more Halloween candy leftovers, and I can't stop indulging. I just feel like I'm not giving my blasts the best chance of making it. And today, I got annoyed because they were having some staff appreciation breakfast or something, and I pushed the elevator to go up to my floor at work (I'm on the 6th floor), but all these annoying ladies with their huge breakfast plates decide to get on in front of me just to go up to the second floor or something (even though I was there first and pushed the button), so in protest and to show my irritation, I decided to climb the stairs, and then realized I shouldn't have done that while carrying my heavy purse and computer case. It's hard not to feel like if this doesn't take, it's something I did wrong. I think I'm being irrational. On top of that, I picked the worst two days to be gone. So much was going on in my main case, and I had over 150-some emails just in two days. I need to figure out a way to get my zen back!!!

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
mp, whatever happens, don't blame yourself for doing something wrong if this cycle doesn't work. It is not your fault and you have no control over the outcome. There are many women in third world countries who get pregnant despite being malnourished and doing more physically demanding thing than you have done recently, so some candy and a few flights of stairs won't make or break this for you. I understand wanting to do everything you can to make this work, but I've also found that putting that pressure on myself makes me feel worse during and after the cycle. Acknowledging that you don't have control isn't exactly comforting, but it has helped me feel slightly less neurotic, and is probably the only thing I've really been able to get on board with during this awful journey. Fingers crossed for you that this is all moot and you have at least one sticky baby in there.

choro, I hope your mother and baby both do ok.

jgator, I'm so sorry about the BFN. My clinic doesn't even do blood tests for IUIs, so I think it makes sense to stop the progesterone. I hope you have better luck next cycle.

bright, thanks for stopping in and sending hugs. I hope you are right and wish I felt as optimistic as you do - I feel like miracles are for other people at this point. So happy that you have your precious daughter, who is indeed a 'rogue' miracle.

lc, glad you are doing good things for your relationship with your husband - that is so important and tends to get lost in this process.

rt, thanks for the thoughts on Halloween. I mostly enjoy seeing the little kids dressed up, but admit that there's a bit of sadness too thinking that I might not get to participate in that. I hope you have success this go-round.

ksmom, so sorry for the disappointment - it's hard to go through again and again. I think you are smart to take care of yourself first and not worry what others think.

I'm just chugging along with the estrace and trying not to feel nervous about my lining check on Saturday. The thought of having to cancel another cycle makes me feel so overwhelmed, so I'm hoping all looks good.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
SB, thanks so much for saying what you said. It really did make me feel better on a rough day. The logical part of my brain knows everything you said is true that I have very little control over what will be, but the other side of me is just questioning everything, and I just have a bad gut feeling about this cycle. I also think going through all the steps of the fresh cycle made me more mentally prepared for all of this, but with the FET being so much less involved, I think it just sneaked up on me before I even realized what I was doing this time, and I now I have these two potential little lives in me, and I feel so helpless not knowing whether they even have a fighting chance. It still feels like a dream (that turned into a nightmare) that it actually worked last time and I got pregnant (albeit for a short time). To think that most people just have sex with their husband and everything that has to happen happens, and they end up with a perfectly healthy baby nine months later. They just have no idea what a miracle that truly is and how amazing it is that they can take it for granted. So anyway, thanks for the support. I really appreciate it.

I'll be sending you all kinds of good thoughts for Saturday!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
Oh man, MP I know how that feels! I keep wracking over everything I did when I when I had the chemical in August. I actually deep cleaned my house the day I got the positive but I'm slowly coming to terms that there's likely nothing I actually could have done that would have prevented that from happening. *hugs* sending lots of baby monkey thoughts your way ;))

AFM- 13dpo. BFN. No AF. NOT. COOL. I haven't been temping but took it on a whim an hour after I got up this morning and it was like 97.48 which is normally pretty low for me so I'm fairly certain AF will be showing her dirty whore face soon. C'est la vie.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Choro, hope your mom is doing okay. Thinking of you.

MP, sticky dust. You may be feeling a bit out of sorts due to the meds. I think it's normal to not want to be too optimistic. But, you've got 2 shots at something coming out of this, and I really hope this is it for you. I know it's really draining emotionally. Hang in there.

RT, I hope AF doesn't arrive for you.

SB, hope your lining check goes well. I am crossing everything for you. Your time will come. I know it.

AFM, I had my blood test and ultrasound this AM. I am starting 225 ius of Follistim tonight for 3 nights and then I go in for a check on Saturday AM. My nurse wasn't there today. I talked to a different one who was much nicer. Mine is all business and often sounds like a recording or a machine. The nurse today actually gave me 2 vials of Follistim in case I need it and didn't bother calling in a new RX for me. So, that was refreshing. Last time, I started with 150 ius of Follistim and was upped to 225 mid-cycle so I think they must have learned something from the last cycle. We'll see how things look in 3 days. I was just relieved not to have a cyst or high estrogen so that we can move ahead with this cycle without any delays.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
JGator,I think it's a good idea for them to start with a bit of a higher dose. I seem to remember seeing people say on forums that it was better to start with a higher dose and then decrease if necessary, rather than the other way around, so hopefully, that means your doctor did learn something. I still kind of wish my doctor would've been willing to be a bit more aggressive with the my IUIs, but because I mentioned I wasn't interested in selective reduction, she wouldn't go above 75 units to start. With IVF, I think I started on 300 units. Wishing you lots of luck this time around. It just takes one good follicle with one good egg!

Random, sorry about your BFN. Are you certain of your O date? Assuming it is confirmed, what is your plan? Will you continue to try on your own awhile? Any talk of trying something like clomid or anything? I'm not sure if that would be indicated in your case, but it might not hurt to ask. Thanks for the kind words as well. Yesterday was a rough day for me for some reason.

AFM, nothing new to add. I'm feeling a little less "woe is me" and more "what will be, will be" today. Totally off topic, but there's this woman on some of the Resolve boards I follow who did an FET the week or so before me, and she is a bit whacky (hopefully she never gets on this site!) Anyway, I think English is her second language, so maybe it's a translation issue (although I doubt it), but she was saying how she can feel her embryos wiggling especially when she talks to them, and she just knows they both implanted and she will have twins. Oh, to have her confidence and optimism! My poor little blasts have a much more glass is half empty type of mom, but hopefully they don't hold it against me!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
I'm fairly certain of my o date but didn't temp this cycle. Too much craziness going on with my parents to even think about it. Took an opk the night of CD14 and got a clear positive so I'm 99.9% sure I ovulated CD15 though I know opks can mess that up sometimes. If I ovulated the day I think I did then I am at 14DPO. If AF doesn't show up by the end of work today I'll pick up some frers on the way home.

Thought I might have seen a faint line on my test today but I peed on it wrong (yes that can sooooo happen lol) and so I don't really trust the test.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
MP, I am glad you are feeling a little better today. Keep on plugging on. You are a trouper, and I admire your strength and your dedication to this process despite the roller coaster. I'm happy about the increase in dosage too. Hopefully, we can do the IUI even sooner this cycle. We'll see how things look on Saturday, I guess. We are going to be out of town for a week around Thanksgiving so hopefully that will align with the TWW.

RT, hopefully you get a BFP today! Sending good luck vibes to you.

AFM, nothing new to report. AF is here with a vengeance now. And, I had my first Follistim shot last night.

tbaus

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for the drive by ladies but I just had to share:

Twins. I'm having twins. :shock:

Two sacs. Two placentas. Two heartbeats.

Two very shocked parents-to-be.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
flyby for me too.
tbaus, congratulations! I'm sure you are full of conflicting, confusing emotions. Hoping for double sticky healthy babies!
JGator, sorry about AF.
mp, sticky, sticky thoughts and dust on your way.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
tbaus, OMG!!!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Tbaus! Wasn't expecting that news! Best wishes to all THREE of you, and your DH too of course.

Random, any updates?

With Tbaus' news, I'm guessing that means I most likely won't be getting twins (that would be too weird). But please God let one stick. I'm feeling so doubtful right now and sad. I don't think my other blasts have as good a chance, and then we're probably done with this phase of life.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Tbaus, awesome news!! Congratulations on your twinnies!!! Take good care of yourself and those babies.

MP, I would not count yourself out for twins just because Tbaus is having twins. Stranger things have happened, and she's half a world away so I think you can be our Northern Hemisphere PS twin mommy, and Tbaus can be our Southern Hemisphere twin mommy. I'm hoping and praying you get one or two miracles out of this too. You are long overdue for some good news. When will you have your beta? About a week from the transfer or longer?

Choro, hi, how is your mother doing?

RT, how's testing-ville?

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
MP, I forgot to comment on your post about Resolve and the person feeling the embies moving around! OMG! As someone who was preggo previously, that's impossible!!! I guess if it makes her happy, fine! But, OMG - a bit premature for those feelings!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
JGator, ha! As soon as I wrote that I realized how ridiculous it sounded. I honestly don't care if I don't have twins (it might actually be preferable), and one person's pregnancy does not take away another person's shot at a pregnancy. But I'm just desperate for one more baby, and I feel like it is slipping out of my grasp. There's really nothing more I can do to make it happen, and it scares me that I'm starting to accept that fact. I hate talking it about it terms of money, but I think we have spent around $30K in our pursuit of number two, and I just don't know that I have it in me to gamble away any more of our money. Perhaps Ev was my one chance at a miracle, and that was the plan for our family all along. I feel like maybe I've just been pushing too hard to make something happen that is not meant to be.

Oh, and to answer your question, my beta is Tuesday. Seems so close, yet so far away. I will probably wait to take an HPT on that day as well, so I don't have to play the ambiguous BFN game.

Tbaus, I hope that what I wrote earlier does not in any way make you think I am anything but absolutely, unspeakably thrilled for your good news. And I will continue to send you good thoughts and prayers that both you and the babies have the the most uneventful, healthy pregnancy possible. Truly a miracle!

Choro, I join JGator in wishing all the best for your mother. And for you and your little one. We've had way too many ill mothers on this thread lately. Makes me worry about my parents' health. I guess we're getting to that age.

SB, fingers crossed for a successful lining check tomorrow!

Thoughts and prayers with all of you!

ETA - JGator, I just saw your Resolve comment. I know, she's really out there and most definitely believes in the power of positive thinking. I hope for her sake she is pregnant because she is really setting herself up for disappointment if she's not.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
15DPO and BFN

Thinking I probably DID ovulate late lol.

Oh wells, what can ya do!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results