shape
carat
color
clarity

the official show me your "Rolex" thread...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dancing, I am sorry your watch was taken. That stinks, when it is something both sentimental and irreplaceable.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire,
This is my c.1930s rose gold Rolex. It needs work!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh, Harriet, I LOVE it! I hope you can get someone to restore it. It''s such a cool watch!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it too. Do you know of any good restorers?

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Harriet,
The telephone dial rolex is GREAT!!! I have only seen a few of these dials in all my years in the trade!I think there is one for sale on www.watchcat.com...... where did you find yours!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi jewelerman,
My dad bought it in Singapore more than 10 years ago. What would the original strap have been? Any idea as to how much it''s worth?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/14/2008 7:16:22 PM
Author: Harriet
Dancing Fire,
This is my c.1930s rose gold Rolex. It needs work!
Harriet
35.gif

a guy whom replied to me on timezone said....ask the Rolex service center in NYC if they can either do a full service for you or if they know a local watchmaker who works on vintage watches. i know there''re excellent watchmakers in NYC.

btw; beautiful watch!!
36.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for asking and for the compliment. I''ve tried Rolex itself already. Not only will they not restore it, they won''t recommend a restorer. I have another lead to follow.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Harriet,
i would think that the strap was probably a black fabric or ribbon style band...The Rolex on Watchcat is going for over a grand...i would call Rolex service back and ask for a insurance value for replacement.also i would post a picture of the watch on www.watchuseek.com and post in both the Rolex section and the Vintage watch section...they are a great group and like Time zone they take their watches seriously like we take our jewelry and Rolexes seriously...They could help with recommendations..but they are not allowed to post values...love the watch!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks again! The value doesn''t matter to me because it was a gift and it''s just lovely. My dad is the one who''s curious.

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks DF for sending me this way to post my watch!

I have to say that I love everyone''s watches here. I''m just starting to wear different kinds of watches so it looks like I''ll have to keep up around here! Kaleigh and I noticed that we have the same Pearlmaster (see Kaleigh...I''ve learned!) and it looks like DiamondFan''s watch is just like it except with the double row of diamonds. Beautiful!! I might have to get my DH to give me some of his pictures to post. I know for sure that he has the SS Daytona and the Masterpiece (is his also called a Pearlmaster?). I think he might have one more Rolex but I''ll have to check.

Beautiful watches everyone!

RRolexPS3.JPG

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/9/2008 1:03:13 PM
Author: didiamond
Thanks DF for sending me this way to post my watch!

I have to say that I love everyone''s watches here. I''m just starting to wear different kinds of watches so it looks like I''ll have to keep up around here! Kaleigh and I noticed that we have the same Pearlmaster (see Kaleigh...I''ve learned!) and it looks like DiamondFan''s watch is just like it except with the double row of diamonds. Beautiful!! I might have to get my DH to give me some of his pictures to post. I know for sure that he has the SS Daytona and the Masterpiece (is his also called a Pearlmaster?). I think he might have one more Rolex but I''ll have to check.

Beautiful watches everyone!
that watch is worth more than the retail price. the SS model worth more than the 18K/SS model
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results