shape
carat
color
clarity

The Octo-Spess is here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh it is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Orange crush beautiful!!

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
SCN, that spess is amazing! (And I adore that setting, too - if the spess does not work, make that your next project, that setting NEEDS a jewel!)
30.gif
30.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/13/2009 3:43:11 PM
Author: stepcutnut

Date: 4/13/2009 3:35:05 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
W
30.gif
W what a cut! Lucky you!

I''ve gotta say though ................ OMG serious love fest going on over here with that setting. Can I be so cheeky as to ask where you got it???? I lurve lurve lurve it.
Thanks LD! The setting is awesome IRL!!! I had inquired about having one custom made and it was going to be at least 11K to start off and then they said they didn''t want to make it for me because of all the labor involved. So when I saw this setting at an high end estate jewelers(made by an in house jeweler) I jumped on it. But for the life of me I can''t remember the jewelers name and can''t find the receipt!

11k? Woah! SCN, If you had to spend $1,000 to make that setting work, you are $10,000 ahead! It looks gorgeous in that setting and I hope that you can find a jeweler that has great patience and creativity to make it work. Maybe he can elongate the prongs? .....or, (and I cringe to say this as I am not expert), but maybe Dan can work his magic by cutting down the pavillion a little??? Just a thought, I have no clue if this is an actual option....
3.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 4:34:56 PM
Oh no SCN - I was really hoping you were going to say that you''d got the setting and it was available at X! Oh well!

You asked about setting cost -v- stone cost? If I love the stone (irrespective of how much it''s cost) I will put it in an expensive setting. If I''m so-so about the stone, then a cheap Ebay setting will do! I would hesitate to put a stone I wasn''t really in love with in an expensive setting. So for me, it''s about love and not cost!
Sorry, I''ve been gone a few days! I wish I could remember were it I bought it-it has been sitting empty for that long!!!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 5:02:06 PM
Author: musey
Oh my
30.gif
what a gorgeous stone. I definitely have a weakness for orange, and the cut is just... just
18.gif
Thanks Musey!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 5:53:16 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
SCN, I''m soooo glad you got that! I''d been on the fence about it because I was over my gemstone budget ay the time (during the BE pad incident), but now I see I should have jumped on it! It''s gorgeous, and I really hope some rework can be done to that setting! It really looks perfect for it!
I bet that Dan could cut you another one!
11.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all, it is a really fun stone, wish it was a little lighter in color(less brown), but other than that it is a fantastic cut!!! Haven''t had time to check on the setting, it needs to be taken out of town to my jewelers(2 and 1/2 hours away), so it may be a while!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 9:27:05 AM
Author: cushioncutnut

W
30.gif
W what a cut! Lucky you!

I''ve gotta say though ................ OMG serious love fest going on over here with that setting. Can I be so cheeky as to ask where you got it???? I lurve lurve lurve it.

Thanks LD! The setting is awesome IRL!!! I had inquired about having one custom made and it was going to be at least 11K to start off and then they said they didn''t want to make it for me because of all the labor involved. So when I saw this setting at an high end estate jewelers(made by an in house jeweler) I jumped on it. But for the life of me I can''t remember the jewelers name and can''t find the receipt!

11k? Woah! SCN, If you had to spend $1,000 to make that setting work, you are $10,000 ahead! It looks gorgeous in that setting and I hope that you can find a jeweler that has great patience and creativity to make it work. Maybe he can elongate the prongs? .....or, (and I cringe to say this as I am not expert), but maybe Dan can work his magic by cutting down the pavillion a little??? Just a thought, I have no clue if this is an actual option....
3.gif
CCN-11K was just the beginning estimate! Dan did say he could cut me a whole new stone-will think about it today! I won''t be able to ask my jeweler for a little while-I would bet that they could work there magic :)

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
GORGEOUS stone! And that setting...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I hope you find a way to get it to fit, or find a great stone for the setting if not!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2009 12:46:14 PM

Date: 4/15/2009 9:27:05 AM
Author: cushioncutnut

W
30.gif
W what a cut! Lucky you!

3.gif
CCN-11K was just the beginning estimate! Dan did say he could cut me a whole new stone-will think about it today! I won''t be able to ask my jeweler for a little while-I would bet that they could work there magic :)

Even better solution!! Using that setting is an absolute must!!!!
1.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 12:46:14 PM

So Dan is going to cut you a new spess to fit the setting?? That would be amazing- the setting with the pop of orange...
30.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s great that Dan has offered to cut a stone to fit the setting. It''s lovely and deserves a beautiful gemstone in it.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I think at this point I will keep the stone as-is and see if the setting can be modified to fit it---it really is lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results