shape
carat
color
clarity

The new BGD Project is finally started!

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock
Well I am so excited to say that the project is underway. It took me about three months of research and looking through all the SMTR posts to figure out 1) what I wanted and 2) the education I wanted to make a good decision. I have vacillated between round and cushion, solitaire and three- or five-stone and finally came up with what I really wanted. It's funny, I started off being on the EGL train and I ended up with triple-zero AGS stones. I figured at my age and this point in my life, I wanted cut over all else, and I didn't feel like I could get a solitaire with the quality I wanted, so that's why we went this direction.

First I want to say that there were two PS'ers that gave me inspiration based on the rings they did. I have never even conversed with these two: LuxAeterna https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pretty-in-pink-bgd-5-stone-u-prong.140376/ and 777_lady https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-wf-custom-tapered-eternity-ring.83245/

I really liked the Nightingale but I wanted larger stones, so the combo of 777 Lady's stones and the larger galley's of Lux's Nightingale were just about perfect to help me envison the marrying of those two styles. So Thank you to them. :) And it's funny because Jamie remembered working on 777_lady's ring at Whiteflash so she knew just who and what I was referring to. And obviously LusAeterna's is a BGD.

And I'd like to say for anyone thinking of using Brian Gavin for their project - so far they really really REALLY have been as wonderful as the other PS'ers have described them to be. We've spoken with Brian twice - and he was patient and informative - a true gentlemen and obvious expert who loves sharing his knowledge with others. Jamie was patient and answered questions that I am sure she answers over and over, and Lesley has been great getting all these other details done.

I am SO EXCITED. CAD's will be coming in the next few weeks. I am doing yellow gold with platinum heads, blue sapphires in the bezels on the outside and a pink suprise sapphire in the inside of the ring. The two sapphires will be representative of my husband's and my two boys we had when we met (they are the same age) and the pink surprise sapphire is for our daughter together.

So below I have the stone details and the stone shots. The train has finally left the station! :D

Stone Stats.png

Brian-Gavin_5-Stone-matching.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anne it will be spectacular! I admit that for a long while I was really considering a 5 stone like that too in those proportions! 777_lady and Lux's rings are two of my PS faves for the big blingtastic look. In the end I opted for a larger solitaire, but sometimes I do wonder if I made the right choice ;))

So you will have an open gallery like Lux's ring?

I can't wait to see it and I am supremely jealous. The line up of stones looks just spectacular.

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much Dreamer. Yes, it will be open just like Lux's. I really like that open thing, it's almost like a prong on the top but a tension on the bottom because the stones show through. Lesley said she took a shot of the stones on her hand and would send this afternoon, so I'll post those too!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's going to be stunning Anne! I can't wait to see the CADs and to see the real deal on your hand in a month or so! Yay! All of your hard work and patience has paid off. It's going to be brilliant!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree! It is going to be one stunning ring! Cant wait to see it finished! I'm sure you are glad your train finally left the
station!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!!, Can't wait to see the finished ring. It is going to be totally gorgeous.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love seeing photos of diamonds just lined up like that. They are so pretty. I am sure the finished ring will be even more beautiful. And sparkly. :appl:

MarkBroumand

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I am doing yellow gold with platinum heads, blue sapphires in the bezels on the outside and a pink suprise sapphire in the inside of the ring. The two sapphires will be representative of my husband's and my two boys we had when we met (they are the same age) and the pink surprise sapphire is for our daughter together.

I love how you're incorporating your life into your ring. It makes it that much more special. Congrats :appl:

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
That is so exciting. Can't wait to see the CADS/IRL shots.

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all. Lesley did a hand shot of the diamonds on her hand for scale. Thought I'd share.

BrianGavin_LooseStones_092910.jpg

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
oh Anne, I'M SO EXCITED for you! You're going to LOVE your 5-stone! The stones are drop dead gorgeous! Can't wait til they are all set and sitting on your finger! Go Girl!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
They look fantastic! I love the shot of the stones on her hand - and I keep imagining something similar on my hand....sigh :naughty:

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
HOLY COW!!!! What an amazing project! Serious blingage you are going to have there. I just finished my little project and BGD was wonderful,. I am blown away by those diamonds on Lesleys hand, Your finger is going to get quite a workout toting that around,if you ever need to rest it, I will be happy to help you out :naughty:
How soon before you will get it? Can't wait to see it.

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much everyone. I am excited too.

We're not in a hurry so we're moving slow. They will be doing the CAD's in the next two or three weeks, i should think; we'd love to have the ring by the end of November.

And Elisateach, I just looked at you BGD rose gold trellis. It is beautiful and I love the meaning of your pink sapphire.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't wait to see this either. It's going to be flipping amazing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results