shape
carat
color
clarity

The New Bachelor

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I'm watching Reality Steve video 2 right now.

He gives us a few "facts" which I actually fully expect to be true [SPOILER ALERT IF STEVE IS RIGHT]:

1. Jason proposes to Melissa
2. Jason breaks up with Melissa at "After the Final Rose"
3. Jason gets with Molly after that

I am at minute 15 of Steve's rambling. It does not take 30 minutes to relate the above.

What he conjectures about is whether ABC told Jason to do this, with Jason being in love with Molly but some nameless entity that represents the viewing public wanting him to pick Melissa, so he did. And that somehow he managed to convince Melissa that they were engaged and going to share their lives together for two months until the filming of the after show. Steve believes that the producers told Jason that if he wanted to be with Molly in the end, he'd have to pick Melissa first to make better tv. What about when the producers let Bachelors/Bachelorettes not propose? What's so wrong with him proposing to the woman he loves?

Um, no. Don't buy it for a second. What would ABC hold over Jason to force him to pick his second favorite woman? Did he sign over custody of Ty to them or something? That's just ridiculous. Steve presents NO evidence. He just imagines how this would be sad and embarrassing for Melissa and surprising for Molly. And rambles on and on. And on and on. And often he accidentally calls Molly Melissa, and vice versa. And then he talks about his dog again. And then he checks his watch and talks about how the film is going to run out soon. And then he speculates some more about how Melissa must feel based on the seven or eight logical leaps he has taken.

I do believe the facts are probably right, but Steve presents NO evidence that this was a contrived change of heart. I've never heard of Steve before, but O . . M . . G man, write a script before it takes you 30 minutes to share 3 facts with your followers!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Phoenix, even if the 3 facts you posted are true, I still find what he did despicable.. because he did not have to do said actions on national TV.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 9:34:38 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
Phoenix, even if the 3 facts you posted are true, I still find what he did despicable.. because he did not have to do said actions on national TV.

that''s one of the reason''s I don''t know if I believe Steve. I can''t imagine Jason being that big of a jerk or ABC wanting the show to come across as being that down right cruel and mean and airing it all. It''s one thing for the bachelor to not choose a girl but to do what Steve is suggesting is just down right malicious IMO...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 9:34:38 PM
Phoenix,
OMG ... because of the page break this totally threw me. I was thinking no way ON EARTH is "Phoenix" following The Bachelor ... and then I went back to look at the post & saw it was "PhoenixGIRL". LOL
3.gif
Was SO confused for a second. All better now!
9.gif
9.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
For those of us that have chosen NOT to read all this stuff about Steve, can I please request that his specific opinion/spoilers not be talked about in this thread?

Just enjoy this thread, and don't really feel like skimming thru spoilers... very selfish, I know. But I hate spoliers.
4.gif
And the more you all talk about them, I will eventually cave. Not cool!!
38.gif
11.gif
2.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, did you guys see the "ring" that Jason was looking at in tonight''s episode?
It looked like an east-west Marquise set in a vintagey looking setting.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 10:02:06 PM
Author: bebe
Oh my gosh, did you guys see the ''ring'' that Jason was looking at in tonight''s episode?
no, is it at the end?? I am just seeing them talk about Natalie and how the girls didn''t like her.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 10:07:28 PM
Author: Skippy123

Oh my gosh, did you guys see the ''ring'' that Jason was looking at in tonight''s episode?
no, is it at the end?? I am just seeing them talk about Natalie and how the girls didn''t like her.
Was it a Marquise? I noticed it was set EW, but I thought it was an oval.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 10:13:30 PM
Author: Definitely, Maybe

Most definitely could have been an Oval. Your eyes are probably better than mine!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 10:26:07 PM

Oh my gosh, did you guys see the 'ring' that Jason was looking at in tonight's episode?
no, is it at the end?? I am just seeing them talk about Natalie and how the girls didn't like her.
Most definitely could have been an Oval. Your eyes are probably better than mine!
The girls and I thought it was an oval? But definitely set EW.

Tonight solidified it... Jason perfect girl is Melissa with Molly's eyes. If I have to hear him say one more time, "and the way she looks at me with those eyes..."

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock

Definitely set EW... I thought it was a Marquise at first but then on second thought it coulda been an oval!!

OMG I was soo embarrassed for Natalie.. she was just digging herself deeper and deeper.. she''s a total mess.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
I agree Natalie was a wreck
11.gif
i didnt care for her at all
38.gif

I thought the ring was an oval but now its mentioned it could be a marquise of course...i love how us pricescopers get to the important stuff
9.gif

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I watched that bit twice! I love the whole EW ring setting! So cool!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
I thought the ring was an east-west marquise as well, but I really didn''t give it a close look. Natalie''s incessant love for herself made me cringe, and I still think Jason should have picked Jillian!!!

For those of you who checked realitysteve in the past, he was going to post a blog after last night''s show. I am heading over to check now...

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
What are your thoughts on the Women Tell All?

I thought the stuff with Natalie was annoying. She really just doesn''t get it. Did anyone think that she still looked orange? She totally contradicted herself and Chris seemed a little annoyed with her antics.

I really do like Jillian now. I think that I was annoyed by her personality when she was on the show but seeing her in a different environment changed my mind about her. I think she handled her "confrontation" with Jason very well and that she have a lot of respect for each other.

How about the reaction Steph got from the crowd? Wow, people really love her! She seems like a classy lady, even if I think her wardrobe and makeup choices are questionable.

Anyone else find it funny that at the end of the show when they brought out the limo driver he still had his blue tooth headset thing in his ear? I suppose he is so used to wearing it that he forgot to take it out!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 10:10:47 AM
Author: Clairitek
What are your thoughts on the Women Tell All?

I thought the stuff with Natalie was annoying. She really just doesn''t get it. Did anyone think that she still looked orange? She totally contradicted herself and Chris seemed a little annoyed with her antics.

I really do like Jillian now. I think that I was annoyed by her personality when she was on the show but seeing her in a different environment changed my mind about her. I think she handled her ''confrontation'' with Jason very well and that she have a lot of respect for each other.

How about the reaction Steph got from the crowd? Wow, people really love her! She seems like a classy lady, even if I think her wardrobe and makeup choices are questionable.

Anyone else find it funny that at the end of the show when they brought out the limo driver he still had his blue tooth headset thing in his ear? I suppose he is so used to wearing it that he forgot to take it out!
To be honest... I felt like the first hour and a half lasted longer than the Academy Awards. I thought it was interesting to hear how much everyone hated Natalie, because I don''t remember them showing that much of it on the show and don''t remember her being part of lots of confrontations
33.gif
. In the interview, she was definitely trying to "look good" for the masses.

And what was the deal with bringing back Charlie O''Connel and Barbie?? Weird... "I looked up at him, and he looked down at me... I don''t really remember what happened after that, but we went home together." Whaa?

I started liking Jillian the week before she got kicked off. I feel like she has a real grip on her own life. I actually like that she got sent home last week, because I don''t think she would have been chosen in the end, and I''m glad she didn''t have to go thru that heartache. (I just realized it... she didn''t really start acting her age until the last couple shows, when the girls weren''t around eachother as much. Anyone else feel the same way? Like maybe being around Molly and Melissa made her act younger, when in actuality she should have stood out as more mature?)
After the reaction and viewership that this season has gotten, due to prior emotional bonds with Jason... I think making Jillian the next Bachelorette would be a great move on their part. My only reservations would be that, since Jillian wasn''t a "real" favorite from the beginning (**runs from sammyj
2.gif
**), she may not have the same pull that Jason did.

Stephanie is a great person, and though I think lots of us had inital reservations about her style and outward appearance, she reminds all of us of how inner beauty really should be what matters. I''m not sure if she changed her style or her make-up, but to me, she became more and more beautiful as the show went on, and last night she seemed to be glowing.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
wow wow wow...i''ve never watched this season...but I sure will watch the final rose!!!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Mer, I was also thinking Jillian would be a good bachelorette. I had liked her from the beginning though. If Jason does turn out to be a jerk, I''m glad he didn''t pick her. I''m really hoping that any rumors are just that though, because he seemed like a genuinely nice guy to me.

I think it''s funny that you say Stephanie became more beautiful as the show went on. I did like her, but her makeup and face-lift tight face continued to bug me. The makeup was toned down last night, but she still bugged me. I definitely agree that outward beauty shouldn''t be what you look for in a life partner, but to me she didn''t get any more beautiful!

I didn''t even watch the whole show. They have so much junk and filler in them, it''s easier to just read this thread and find out if I missed anything good. Can''t wait for next week though!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I thought it was sooo long. I watched two shows at the same time because everytime I flipped back to the bachelor CH was saying the same thing "coming up next we''ll talk with...." The ending was the only thing interesting.

Natalie was annoying. She definitely did not understand what CH was saying and just made herself look worse, is that possible? I thought it was funny that most of the girls seemed to hate her because they really didn''t show that on the show.

I thought it was a little odd that CH only asked Jason if he was happy. I feel like he normally tries to go into more detail and then we get details of the finale. This time I felt like we got nothing, except seeing the ring. :)

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 11:48:46 AM
Author: meresal
Stephanie is a great person, and though I think lots of us had inital reservations about her style and outward appearance, she reminds all of us of how inner beauty really should be what matters. I''m not sure if she changed her style or her make-up, but to me, she became more and more beautiful as the show went on, and last night she seemed to be glowing.
Oh I definitely think she was glowing last night! Her eyes were sparkling and she just looked at peace. It was really refreshing rather than seeing the haggard, nervous wrecks that were sitting around her (Shannon...).

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 11:48:46 AM
Author: meresal
I started liking Jillian the week before she got kicked off. I feel like she has a real grip on her own life. I actually like that she got sent home last week, because I don''t think she would have been chosen in the end, and I''m glad she didn''t have to go thru that heartache. (I just realized it... she didn''t really start acting her age until the last couple shows, when the girls weren''t around eachother as much. Anyone else feel the same way? Like maybe being around Molly and Melissa made her act younger, when in actuality she should have stood out as more mature?)
After the reaction and viewership that this season has gotten, due to prior emotional bonds with Jason... I think making Jillian the next Bachelorette would be a great move on their part. My only reservations would be that, since Jillian wasn''t a ''real'' favorite from the beginning (**runs from sammyj
2.gif
**), she may not have the same pull that Jason did.
meresal, you''re hilarious! I think musey and I may be Jillian''s biggest fans! I agree that Jillian was a fan favourite from the beginning. I know she didn''t really stand out to me until the last couple of episodes, but I think I was drawn to her more than the other girls because she separated herself from the drama. I didn''t ever really see her as ''immature'' though...just quirky, fun, and silly...which I guess could come across immature if her personality rubs you the wrong way. I think we also have to remember that these girls are trying so hard to make an impression on Jason to stand out in a crowd of gorgeousness (e.g. shoving a giant fajita in his mouth). There were several extremes of this this season:

-crazy Shannon who knew every detail of Jason''s life
-b*tchy Lauren who demanded a rose
-overly mature Nikki who IMO, came across as stuck-up
-Molly with her gorgeous, piercing green eyes that get you everytime (I threw this one in for fun!
20.gif
)

At first I thought it would be silly to have Steph as the next bachelorette because although she seems like an incredibly sincere, warm-hearted and kind person, I didn''t think she was physically attractive...or that she''d attract men who would be physically attractive enough to keep up the viewership (after all, hotness does play a big part in the success of reality TV!...don''t hate me...I''m really not this shallow). After last night''s show, I cannot agree more that she was completely glowing and she would make a great bachelorette.

Mrs.Guz

Shiny_Rock
Okay, I must admit that I will be watching the season finale of the Bachelor tonight!

Will any of you be watching?

If so, do you think Jason will pick Molly or Melissa?

bebe

Ideal_Rock
It''s about to start.
Here we go, let''s see what happens!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
ok, I''m confused. It''s 1 hour into it and I just saw a preview of the coming hour.

different ring than we all saw last week? this looked like a squarish cushion with a halo ?????

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 9:02:59 PM
ok, I'm confused. It's 1 hour into it and I just saw a preview of the coming hour.

different ring than we all saw last week? this looked like a squarish cushion with a halo ?????
I was getting on here to mention the new ring!! ABC has got to be trying to confuse the heck out of us.
29.gif

I LOVE the halo one though!! It's beautiful!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
so, i haven''t read this thread... and i really haven''t watched this season... but i watched last season.
and i''m watching the big ole finale. how could i not with all the crazy media coverage?! anyway, just thought i''d share...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where are they?? I was making dinner so I didn''t see part of it. Are they still in NZ? It is gorgeous out there, tia!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, they''re still in New Zealand. I think I read on a spoiler site that last week they were in the Southern part, and this week they are in Northern NZ, but I''m not positive.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 9:23:27 PM
Skippy, they''re still in New Zealand. I think I read on a spoiler site that last week they were in the Southern part, and this week they are in Northern NZ, but I''m not positive.
Thank you Oupeargirl, NZ is amazing; it looks so breathtaking
3.gif
30.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
her ring is really pretty!! much more so than the pics seemed to show...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results