carat
color
clarity

The neon ring to rule them all!

Which one?

• Total voters

mjea

Shiny_Rock
Not a suggestion as you seem to be moving forward with your original concept (which I am sure will look gorgeous) but how cool would these stones look on a background of black like onyx they would really pop, think wacky 80s deco vibe

Ohh fun or like a blackened gold??!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Updates!!! Gary finally recieved the rough he was waiting on and sent me pics!

1614871708957_LabRough.jpg

We decided that the red didn't quite fit in with the other colors bc it wasnt bright enough and was too similar to the neon pink.

Gary was amazing enough to show me alternatives. Orange lab sapphire and GGG (a synthetic green garnet that is similar to tsavorite color).

LabRough.jpg

Both of us agreed that the green looks bright and saturated and will fit better with the aesthetic than the orange.

Hes going to start cutting and I CANNOT WAIT!!!

We decided that the red didn't quite fit in with the other colors bc it wasnt bright enough and was too similar to the neon pink.

Gary was amazing enough to show me alternatives. Orange lab sapphire and GGG (a synthetic green garnet that is similar to tsavorite color).

LabRough.jpg

Both of us agreed that the green looks bright and saturated and will fit better with the aesthetic than the orange.

Wooo here we go!!

P.S. so cool to see what the rough looks like. Sorry red had to go, but green is my 2nd fav color, so yay!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LabRough.jpg

Ooooh this is SO COOL! That pic makes me super happy, those colours! :kiss2:

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Those colors! This ring is going to put smiles on your face everytime you wear it.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
wow, that is so bright! This will be fun.

mjea

Shiny_Rock
They are amazing! :love:Did you finalize the setting you wanted for these??

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are amazing! :love:Did you finalize the setting you wanted for these??

I am probably going with a stuller setting but want to see the stones first to decide which finger to have the ring sized for.

I'm guessing it will need to be a middle finger ring because of the width of the stones.

But one of these 2:

1. U prong/trellis style
Screenshot_20210311-075207_Chrome.jpg

2. More traditional prong setting
Screenshot_20210311-075119_Chrome.jpg

mjea

Shiny_Rock
OMgosh -- I love them both! I always prefer the trellis style without the basket, but it's still so beautiful with the basket and I wonder if that's "safer" for the size of stones you have? This is going to be amazing!!!

I've noticed a lot of PSers mention Stuller settings as both sturdy and affordable. How do you find out pricing if you're not in the trade?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMgosh -- I love them both! I always prefer the trellis style without the basket, but it's still so beautiful with the basket and I wonder if that's "safer" for the size of stones you have? This is going to be amazing!!!

I've noticed a lot of PSers mention Stuller settings as both sturdy and affordable. How do you find out pricing if you're not in the trade?

If you arent in the trade then prices wont be visible for you. Generally speaking you need to ask the jeweler you are working with for price info. Although some have online "catalogs" that allow you to see stuller pricing

mjea

Shiny_Rock
Thanks @lovedogs! - last question and thank you for letting me "thread jack" for a moment. Do you have a jeweler you typically work with to get the stuller setting for you and set your stones? Do you think the jeweler you're working with would ever feel offended that you want a pre-made setting instead of asking the jeweler to make it custom? I'm considering these options right now for a gift for my mom, but custom making 2x 5-stone bands can be very $$$$ but I also wouldn't want to offend a jeweler by going that route instead of requesting they make a custom setting for me.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @lovedogs! - last question and thank you for letting me "thread jack" for a moment. Do you have a jeweler you typically work with to get the stuller setting for you and set your stones? Do you think the jeweler you're working with would ever feel offended that you want a pre-made setting instead of asking the jeweler to make it custom? I'm considering these options right now for a gift for my mom, but custom making 2x 5-stone bands can be very $$$$ but I also wouldn't want to offend a jeweler by going that route instead of requesting they make a custom setting for me.

No worries, these are good questions! No, I've never had a jeweler be offended bc most prefer to buy from somewhere like stuller rather than doing custom. Custom is a ton of work for them, so most jewelers buy stock settings anyway.

I mostly work with online jewelers, though for this project I am going to have a local place order the stuller setting and set the stones for me.

I am probably going with a stuller setting but want to see the stones first to decide which finger to have the ring sized for.

I'm guessing it will need to be a middle finger ring because of the width of the stones.

But one of these 2:

1. U prong/trellis style
Screenshot_20210311-075207_Chrome.jpg

2. More traditional prong setting
Screenshot_20210311-075119_Chrome.jpg

Ooo, I think #1 would be amazing cuz then you can see the stones clearly from the top and the sides.

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
This is going to be amazing! Can’t wait to see it!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no words!!!! LabGroup.jpg

The stones are perfection and I cant wait to see them in person!!!

Oh my!!! This is so exciting!! I cannot wait to see the final product. What a fabulous idea!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my!!! This is so exciting!! I cannot wait to see the final product. What a fabulous idea!

Thank you! This year has SUCKED and I need something overly bright, cheerful, and loud :) Stones should arrive in the next few days :)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ummmm I think the UPS delivery driver heard us talking because THEY ARE HERE!!!!

I cant. Even. They are like glowing rocks of awesomeness.

Dark here, so under kitchen lights in their box:
20210315_203251.jpg

Trying to show them in their "worst" light with shadow of my body and phone case blocking light. Still SO BRIGHT:
20210315_203103.jpg

With box lid off, still kitchen light.
20210315_201812.jpg

I tried to put them in tape to look at size on my hand. It was a failure and I dropped 2 and lost my mind. Luckily not broken/cracked but then I wrapped in more tape which looked idiotic.
20210315_202759.jpg

I am SO HAPPY with Gary and his incredible cutting and kindness. He is amazing.

Decided to get these set by Daniel M because stuller prices are high right now due to increase in gold prices. Sending to him tomorrow!!!!

Edit tagging @AnastasiaBeaverhausen because you were excited about this (almost as excited as me haha)

mjea

Shiny_Rock
:drool: rainbow drool emoji. This is going to be amazing! This is really making me want a rainbow gem smile/bar necklace!

Ummmm I think the UPS delivery driver heard us talking because THEY ARE HERE!!!!

I cant. Even. They are like glowing rocks of awesomeness.

Dark here, so under kitchen lights in their box:
20210315_203251.jpg

Trying to show them in their "worst" light with shadow of my body and phone case blocking light. Still SO BRIGHT:
20210315_203103.jpg

With box lid off, still kitchen light.
20210315_201812.jpg

I tried to put them in tape to look at size on my hand. It was a failure and I dropped 2 and lost my mind. Luckily not broken/cracked but then I wrapped in more tape which looked idiotic.
20210315_202759.jpg

I am SO HAPPY with Gary and his incredible cutting and kindness. He is amazing.

Decided to get these set by Daniel M because stuller prices are high right now due to increase in gold prices. Sending to him tomorrow!!!!

Edit tagging @AnastasiaBeaverhausen because you were excited about this (almost as excited as me haha)

Eeeeee! They look amazing on you!! You must be over the moon with how they turned out. Seriously, that's like infinity stones level of amazingness right here. Can't wait to see Daniel M work his magic and finish this project for you!

P.S. so glad the stones turned out OK from their little fall :lol:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are gorgeous, I love the idea of a super bright cheerful ring.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So cool, they look like Jelly Tots (sweeties from my childhood!). This will be such a fab ring.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Omg this is such a FUN project. Can't wait to see the finished results!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results