shape
carat
color
clarity

the MIA thread....anybody heard from (fill in the name) lately?

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: the MIA thread....anybody heard from (fill in the name)

Hi Packrat,

I liked you very much. I liked what you had to say. I liked, many times that it was a different perspective. I liked that you were genuine, can't get better than that. So sorry, you didn't feel recognized, but many did really see you as you are, a smart, lovely woman who belongs anywhere and everywhere.

Take good care,

Annette

Q

Queenie60

Where is HeyJoe? And GregChan? Or is it GregChang? Anyway, I always enjoyed his posts as well.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
valeria101
glad to see you again after all these years!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I miss Traveling Gal

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never use this thread, so I may not be using this appropriately. I had to go looking for it.

There is already a thread on kenny being missing, but I am aware of his absence, so I am going to list him here, too. And I have also been aware of redwood's absence and AnnaH's absence. Is it just that it is summer? Are people all away on vacation? My town empties out in summer. Actually both my town in Connecticut and my town in Virginia do. I think it has to do with the income level of most of the people there. People can and do take off. I am always left home, enjoying the dearth of traffic!

AGBF

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only absence I've missed or noted lately is Kenny, otherwise it is summer and I think most people need a mental vacation from the politics talk. Come September I'll be up and at 'em :razz:

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I suspect Kenny is in trouble either with his SO or his own health. Sometimes we can't discuss these things right away. Give him time.
Red was insulted again. I don't really blame her for leaving for a while. Since Anna has no one left to agree with and may have seen the same posts, she is away for now too.

For many on here I think it is fair to say that if we generalize we often say how some people are stupid, ignorant, incomprehensible for voting for Donald Trump or supporting him. I know I do it.
But, to be sure, I change my thinking when it comes to specific people, mostly people I know. I know they are decent people, not ignorant or stupid and I can still like them. What I say in general terms is not really meant for them. The General vs the Specific. We do that about a lot. I think we ought to keep in mind most people here are decent law abiding citizens and as much as one of you may feel that it is justified to attack them, it is not OK. I don't advocate pussyfooting around your opinion, just attack,(if you must)< in general terms. Some here go for the jugular. Its not drip, drip, drip, its whack, whack whack.

I like Red, and she whacked me a bit on gun control, but I learned something about motivations behind the gun issue.

Lets not make America worse, and perhaps we could gently chide one another when we cross the line.

Annette

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I have also been aware of redwood's absence and AnnaH's absence.

AGBF
They took a lot of beating from the PSer Dems...
boxinggy2.gif
Dedicated_to_Ayesha_by_lovexmetal.gif
...:D

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Redwood is a very strong woman. I hope she will be back as I liked reading her take on the prison guard job.

My mother always said, "if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen".

Anna is a lovely lady, and religious.. I hope she will be back.

The way I feel about it is: We are stuck with Gorsach due to the republicans, what they did was wrong, and Gorsuch is a justice thru republican poor sportsmanship and disrespect to Barack Obama. I feel that Trump consistently lies and lies about Russia and just about everything else in his life and in politics.

I think both Anna and Red are more conservative republicans than Trump supporters, as long as he is doing what they believe is right for themselves (christianity taking more forefront, guns easily gotten, long jail terms, anti abortion tactics) then they will support Trump even though they know he's a slimeball.

I miss them both, hope to see them around soon. Both are lovely.

:whistle:

They took a lot of beating from the PSer Dems...
boxinggy2.gif
Dedicated_to_Ayesha_by_lovexmetal.gif
...:D

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
What about: Laurenthepartier and Harpertoo?

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH are you the last man standing?!?!?! Are you the only snowflake that didn't melt under the heat? Is there a prize? :dance: :appl: :D

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I miss Packrat. If you read this Packie, I really enjoyed your posts. I still think about your lovely garden and loved hearing about your life and family. I am sorry you felt so disrespected.

I also miss Dreamer. Does anyone know how she is doing?

I am dismayed that even on this thread there are political comments. I try to avoid those for the most part.

I hope everything is ok for Kenny. I am guessing not, but I hope the difficulties of life don't keep him away too long. I think about him often in my real life. Hugs to you Kenny. If you ever need anything I am just a California freeway away and would be there in a minute if you needed help.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Luv, if you are speaking about me, all apologies, my point was and is, that I didn't think that Red and Smith were nice, strong ladies and had reasons and was sorry they felt put upon.

I miss Packrat. If you read this Packie, I really enjoyed your posts. I still think about your lovely garden and loved hearing about your life and family. I am sorry you felt so disrespected.

I also miss Dreamer. Does anyone know how she is doing?

I am dismayed that even on this thread there are political comments. I try to avoid those for the most part.

I hope everything is ok for Kenny. I am guessing not, but I hope the difficulties of life don't keep him away too long. I think about him often in my real life. Hugs to you Kenny. If you ever need anything I am just a California freeway away and would be there in a minute if you needed help.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Red was insulted again. I don't really blame her for leaving for a while. Since Anna has no one left to agree with and may have seen the same posts, she is away for now too.

Thank you for this, Annette. I did not know. I had returned to this thread to post about Red, AnnaH, and also Bonfire. I find all three of them to be somewhat conservative but smart, educated, and well-spoken. I have been missing them and the intelligent conversations that we sometimes had. I had no idea that someone insulted redwood, though. They provided the balance for my brainy friends on the Left who always surprise me with how much they know!

Deb :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Maybe they did not need to be quite so partisan, luv2sparkle <smile>, but I am grateful that someone posted an explanation for me. I really had no idea where these women had gone or why.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe they did not need to be quite so partisan, luv2sparkle <smile>, but I am grateful that someone posted an explanation for me. I really had no idea where these women had gone or why.

Kate-

I assumed luv2sparkle was referring more to Dancing Fire and his batting icon! He is the one who really got into the violence! He is the one who generally relishes conflict! (But I digress. Are we not supposed to digress in this thread?)

Deb

Last edited:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isaku5?
Kaleigh?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not seen Isabel in a while. I thought Kaleigh had been around not too long ago. But time passes very quickly for me nowadays. The older I get, the more quickly it passes!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

Where is HeyJoe? And GregChan? Or is it GregChang? Anyway, I always enjoyed his posts as well.

Hi Queenie60:wavey::wavey:

I am still here..... just not as frequent as I was before.... I am more on FB and play words with friends on my iPhone. I use my phone more than my computer.

Been busy as our twin girls are due next week!!!! Sooo much excitement!!!!! that is a total of 4 girls in this household! LOL!!! I figured that we will have to deal with adolescent ladies for 12 years!!!!!
I was also dealing with a lot of work stuff lately, and thank goodness it was dealt with before the twins' birth. there was just sooo much drama... ugh!

Hopefully, I will make more threads on PS soon. I must admit, I didn't like the new set up and am still getting used to this format. Though I understand the many changes it needed, it is just awkward at the moment. :)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Queenie60:wavey::wavey:

I am still here..... just not as frequent as I was before.... I am more on FB and play words with friends on my iPhone. I use my phone more than my computer.

Been busy as our twin girls are due next week!!!! Sooo much excitement!!!!! that is a total of 4 girls in this household! LOL!!! I figured that we will have to deal with adolescent ladies for 12 years!!!!!
I was also dealing with a lot of work stuff lately, and thank goodness it was dealt with before the twins' birth. there was just sooo much drama... ugh!

Hopefully, I will make more threads on PS soon. I must admit, I didn't like the new set up and am still getting used to this format. Though I understand the many changes it needed, it is just awkward at the moment. :)

Congrats on the twins that are on the way!!!! 4 girls will keep you soooo busy!!!!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
"Congrats on the twins that are on the way!!!! 4 girls will keep you soooo busy!!!!"

thanx arkieb1 !!! we will be busy!!!!! LOL

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greg jan! Thank you for checking in! Congratulations on your growing family, of course... how wonderful for all six of you. You're going to need a larger safe to hold all the sparkles you're collecting for when the girls get older!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Congrats on the twins that are on the way!!!! 4 girls will keep you soooo busy!!!!"
thanx arkieb1 !!! we will be busy!!!!! LOL

Congratulations, Greg. Please update me on your other children. Not only cannot I not keep everyone's babies straight, but they grow up! I remember you as having very little children: babies and toddlers. How old are your daughters now? I do not know if you want their pictures on the 'net. (I was ambivalent about putting my daughter's photo on Pricescope and tended to put her childhood photos on sparingly and only after she reached adulthood.) But if there are any you feel safe sharing, please do so!

Hugs,
Deb

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Hi AGBF!!!

Eldest is 6, youngest (currently) will be 4. i am happy to share the pic.. it is on FB.... but the pic is on my phone (aren't most things???). So, gotta transfer and then upload.. Might take a while.... Last 2 days fo work!!!!! :)

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Greg jan! Thank you for checking in! Congratulations on your growing family, of course... how wonderful for all six of you. You're going to need a larger safe to hold all the sparkles you're collecting for when the girls get older!

LOL!!! yes, a larger safe and a 3rd or 4th Job!!!!!! hahahahaha!!!!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi AGBF!!!

Eldest is 6, youngest (currently) will be 4. i am happy to share the pic.. it is on FB.... but the pic is on my phone (aren't most things???). So, gotta transfer and then upload.. Might take a while.... Last 2 days fo work!!!!! :)

I won't expect a rush job! Exciting things are happening! I do not have Facebook, so I will appreciate photos here (of all the girls) once you have time. Which may be when the twins turn 21! (Unless they marry early. Wedding planning is very time consuming for the bride's family.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results