shape
carat
color
clarity

The May LIW Small Talk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 12:18:15 PM
Author: jcarlylew

Date: 5/27/2009 11:49:24 AM
Author: Dreamgirl
Oh, and on a more serious note: We should find out today about S''s other grandma who now has kidney cancer if they got it all out or not. She''s going to find out today. The surgery last week was successful and she''s home now. Keeping our fingers crossed.

As far as the grandma in Minnesota, there really isn''t any change with her.

best wishes and lots of dust! at least her first surgery went well, so hopefully its smooth sailing from there.
The grandma is MN - is she at least doing (somewhat) okay?
Thanks!

The grandma in MN is doing ok for what it''s worth I guess. But really no improvement. The poor thing, they aren''t even bothering to help her walk so now she just sits in a wheelchair.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 6:14:39 PM
Author: Squirrly
Dream-i hope his grandmas both start doing and feeling better and that the results showed no cancer. glad you and S had fun with the bridal exhibit, it''s adorable that he put a veil on you
Thank you Squirrly.

And I guess it was pretty darn adorable that he put a veil on me huh?! I then looked at him and said "I DO!" haha!

Sure is a slow day on the LIW board.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 6:14:39 PM
Author: Squirrly
good afternoon
1.gif

Dream-i hope his grandmas both start doing and feeling better and that the results showed no cancer. glad you and S had fun with the bridal exhibit, it''s adorable that he put a veil on you

jcar-sorry to hear your foot is being mean to you, but it sounds like you had a fun weekend to earn the pain with. well more fun than stepping in a hole, twisting your ankle and falling down the mountain at least
5.gif

B- hope you''re over your strep and have your voice back too. maybe they''ll lose their voices once you have yours back and you can make fun of them! and i hope that your doggie''s ok

starsparkle- it''s your last week!!! you''re almost done and back home!
36.gif

LP-have a good, safe trip, and dust for a sparkly present to welcome you home with

aud- sorry you two had a stupid fight, hope he''s gotten over it and if not that you have numerous pillows to throw at him.

today it wasn''t moldy grapes, it was moldy blackberries. yuck. threw away at least 70 packages. however the mold was kinda cool, it was pure white and fluffy, almost looked like snow. definitely least disgusting mold i''ve seen in awhile
What''s with all the moldy fruit Squirrly? What do you do for a living? Haha.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Hey jcar! Where''d you go camping? We were over at Moses Lake, and it was gorgeous!! My skiin is no longer glaring white. LOL! Bummer about your foot though.

So if anyone remembers me talking about my ex and his GF who hates me for no reason, she didn''t come. I''m THAT intimidating.
20.gif
Anyone look at their exes and think, what was I thinking?!?! I wanted to punch him in the mouth anytime it opened. Hahaha!!!
11.gif

audball

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 7:02:52 PM
Author: sunnyd
Hey jcar! Where''d you go camping? We were over at Moses Lake, and it was gorgeous!! My skiin is no longer glaring white. LOL! Bummer about your foot though.

So if anyone remembers me talking about my ex and his GF who hates me for no reason, she didn''t come. I''m THAT intimidating.
20.gif
Anyone look at their exes and think, what was I thinking?!?! I wanted to punch him in the mouth anytime it opened. Hahaha!!!
11.gif
Hahah, I totally understand. I don''t know where my mind was when I was with my ex BF.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Just noticed I was at 499 posts and figured I''d go ahead and make 500 official
9.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 7:02:52 PM
Author: sunnyd

20.gif
11.gif

I will punch one of my exes if I see him again.

YAAAAY! One of my friends comes back from maternity leave tomorrow. I''m super excited. Unfortunately her husband''s grandfather died this weekend, so they''re just now coming back from the funeral.
7.gif
Selfishly I''m excited that she''s coming back because she''s one of the people here I *really* connect with, and the friendship has been easy and comfortable since we met. We''re in totally different places in life (I''m dating BF but not near ready for marriage, she''s married with a baby), but we both are working towards our goals and happy with our lives (well, I''m happy enough for now, lol) and I''ve found that two content people make for a content friendship. So she''s coming back to work and I can''t wait. I''ve missed having her around the office, and haven''t had time to go visit her while she''s been on leave. So YAY!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Sunny - we went over to salmon la sac - Roslyn/Cle Elum area. it was hell driving over - how about you? We''ll probably go back for the 4th, and then

thanks for the wishes on teh foot. i really need to go work out, and i have no desire to do so now. oh well..

must.
go.
work.
out.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
woohoo! 28 mins on the eliptical -weight trainer at 4/8 resistance!

and now im sweating like a hog in heat. why oh why dont we have air con??

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
what, no action between my workout, bed, and when i wake up?

morning everyone!
Well, with E gone, i slept like a rock. i just wish i was more tired so i could have fallen asleep earlier. today my goal is to be in bed, with the lights off by 8.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 7:24:02 AM
what, no action between my workout, bed, and when i wake up?

morning everyone!
Well, with E gone, i slept like a rock. i just wish i was more tired so i could have fallen asleep earlier. today my goal is to be in bed, with the lights off by 8.
Morning JCar! Glad you were able to go work out last night! Go you!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH DEAR LORD WILL THIS WEEK EVER END?

24.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 8:25:09 AM
Author: elledizzy5
OH DEAR LORD WILL THIS WEEK EVER END?

24.gif
no.
tantrum.gif

sorry, testing out emoties since i never use them.

I am SO tired today, and everyone and their mother is calling. now i can''t get my sleep on!!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Elle - why is this week so bad?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 9:02:50 AM
Elle - why is this week so bad?
In my experience, I''ve found that 4 day weeks are hell.

They *should* feel shorter, since they are, but they never do. They''re always worse.

It sucks.

Nice emotie!
10.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
oh. ya your right. it does seem longer. whats worse for me is i get completely screwed up on what day it is. ususally not so good for the catering world! :razz:

i am so in need of caffeine right now.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
For the record, NEVER buy Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal.

That stuff is NASTY!
14.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
wern''t you eating fiber oatmeal for awhile?
and no, i only buy the full sugar oatmeal. if there is going to be fruit, there is going to be sugar.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 9:28:01 AM
wern''t you eating fiber oatmeal for awhile?
and no, i only buy the full sugar oatmeal. if there is going to be fruit, there is going to be sugar.
Yes, I ran out of high fiber, and when I went to the store, they didn''t have the high fiber... only weight control. It''s also high in fiber and protein.

It tastes completely different... almost like it has aspartame in it. Really fakey tasting aftertaste. Nast.
14.gif

Full sugar FTW!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 9:29:36 AM

Yes, I ran out of high fiber, and when I went to the store, they didn''t have the high fiber... only weight control. It''s also high in fiber and protein.

It tastes completely different... almost like it has aspartame in it. Really fakey tasting aftertaste. Nast.
14.gif

Full sugar FTW!
wheres the blowing chunks emotie??

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 9:41:35 AM

Date: 5/28/2009 9:29:36 AM

14.gif

Full sugar FTW!
wheres the blowing chunks emotie??
I don''t know!

I''ve seen one used, but couldn''t find it.

I''ve looked for it several times!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
I am thinking i really need coffee. do i risk losing my parking spot for starbucks, or keep the parking spot, but get heckled by the day workers and have crappy coffee.

DECISIONS!!!

eta - maybe i'll just eat this avocado.
18.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 9:49:41 AM
I am thinking i really need coffee. do i risk losing my parking spot for starbucks, or keep the parking spot, but get heckled by the day workers and have crappy coffee.

DECISIONS!!!

eta - maybe i''ll just eat this avocado.
18.gif
Ha!

I vote for crappy coffee, since anything tastes good with enough sugar in it.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
good call.

across the street to the gas station is it!!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
anyone have any good ideas for swimsuits? I need to buy a new one. I can handle stringy up top (though i prefer tankinis for the gut and the gals), but i have thunder thighs so i am in a rut for bottoms. and no, high cut does NOT "elongate" my legs.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 10:30:53 AM
anyone have any good ideas for swimsuits? I need to buy a new one. I can handle stringy up top (though i prefer tankinis for the gut and the gals), but i have thunder thighs so i am in a rut for bottoms. and no, high cut does NOT ''elongate'' my legs.
LOL

But.. but... but... Cosmo''s swimsuit edition CLEARLY states that girls with bigger thighs should wear a high cut bottom.

Are you going against Cosmo??!
29.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I wear cute board shorts. Short ones, but then nobody has to see my thighs at their worst.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
success! coffee has been bought.
36.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 10:36:59 AM
Date: 5/28/2009 10:30:53 AM

anyone have any good ideas for swimsuits? I need to buy a new one. I can handle stringy up top (though i prefer tankinis for the gut and the gals), but i have thunder thighs so i am in a rut for bottoms. and no, high cut does NOT 'elongate' my legs.

LOL

But.. but... but... Cosmo's swimsuit edition CLEARLY states that girls with bigger thighs should wear a high cut bottom.

Are you going against Cosmo??!
29.gif
so maybe if they actually models chick's whose THIGHS TOUCH IN THE MIDDLE. ya. its sick. i hate it. but seriously. i dont have a thigh master to work it out right now.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
i am thinking about buying this swimsuit form target. but you can only swim so well in a dress.

41P3RUspe4L._AA260_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results