shape
carat
color
clarity

The May LIW Small Talk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 10:38:38 AM
Author: princesss
I wear cute board shorts. Short ones, but then nobody has to see my thighs at their worst.

i look terrible in shorts. no matter what size i buy, they always squish up in the middle (thighs). and i dont like picking wedges from the front
14.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know. The more I think about it, the more I realize that for a curvy body, the 50s were actually a very flattering decade.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 11:11:41 AM
I don't know. The more I think about it, the more I realize that for a curvy body, the 50s were actually a very flattering decade.
Maybe because it was OK to have curves back then.

Now it seems that straight up and down girl with no body fat are the only acceptable body type.

I'm screwwwwwwwwwed!
7.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bia, why are you MIA this week?
39.gif

We miss you!

Have you moved on to greener pastures?

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 11:13:10 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Date: 5/28/2009 11:11:41 AM

I don't know. The more I think about it, the more I realize that for a curvy body, the 50s were actually a very flattering decade.

Maybe because it was OK to have curves back then.

Now it seems that straight up and down girl with no body fat are the only acceptable body type.

I'm screwwwwwwwwwed!
7.gif

exactly, and even this is was still the FIT curvy girls. i am not fit. well, fit as in i am the shiznit, then yes.

eta - E still loves my curves tho, so that works.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
OH! I got exciting news yesterday.

So a lot more women have been showing up to play Ultimate, so there is a group looking to maybe start a women''s Ultimate team. And I was on the list of people they asked. Now, logically I know they just got the e-mails of every woman in the league, BUT it makes me feel good because 1) it means I''m part of the frisbee women here which is awesome because they rock and 2) I never, ever thought I''d be fit enough again to be asked to play on a competitive team. Yeah, I''ll be a benchwarmer for a while. But I''ll get to practice and improve a lot which I''ve been wanting to do for a while. I''m excited. I''m crossing my fingers that we''ll be able to get enough girls for a team. (Plus, then I''d get out of town some weekends for tournaments.)

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 11:51:01 AM

So a lot more women have been showing up to play Ultimate, so there is a group looking to maybe start a women''s Ultimate team. And I was on the list of people they asked. Now, logically I know they just got the e-mails of every woman in the league, BUT it makes me feel good because 1) it means I''m part of the frisbee women here which is awesome because they rock and 2) I never, ever thought I''d be fit enough again to be asked to play on a competitive team. Yeah, I''ll be a benchwarmer for a while. But I''ll get to practice and improve a lot which I''ve been wanting to do for a while. I''m excited. I''m crossing my fingers that we''ll be able to get enough girls for a team. (Plus, then I''d get out of town some weekends for tournaments.)
Thats awesome, Princesss!

I love sports, and if I wasn''t so shy I''d try and join a softball team or something. That''ll be really fun!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 11:51:01 AM

thats so cool! I have wanted to join a sport. i secretly want to join the rat city roller girls. but, i am pretty sure i would get killed in the first competition

3409412505_1f6eca889c_m.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I''d never played before and I wasn''t super athletic when I started last summer, but I just kind of jumped into semi-competitive play and figured it''d be sink or swim. Seems like I''m swimming just fine. I even heard somebody coaching their woman on the field on how to guard me, and what she needed to look out for! Mostly I thought I just took up space on the field, but (a year later, lol) I''ve got a pretty decent sense of where to be and what to do.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 9:53:16 PM
Author: jcarlylew
Sunny - we went over to salmon la sac - Roslyn/Cle Elum area. it was hell driving over - how about you? We''ll probably go back for the 4th, and then

thanks for the wishes on teh foot. i really need to go work out, and i have no desire to do so now. oh well..

must.
go.
work.
out.
Cool! Yeah the drive both ways sucked. It took 5 hours to do a 2 hour drive!
8.gif
FI was not a happy man.

Then on the way home, it was stop and go from Ellensburg to Cle Elum. Boo.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 12:10:21 PM
Author: sunnyd
Cool! Yeah the drive both ways sucked. It took 5 hours to do a 2 hour drive!
8.gif
FI was not a happy man.
Then on the way home, it was stop and go from Ellensburg to Cle Elum. Boo.

OUCH! we left at 6am on monday so we didnt have traffic then. but friday. puke!

Princess - that is so awesome about playing! I used to play kickball...and everyone scooted closer when i came up to kick. SAD!!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
i am about to ruin my running with a bacon calzone
18.gif

oh well. everything i am eating today is uber fiber and healthy. Guess i''ll run extra hard today!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 12:34:43 PM
Author: jcarlylew
i am about to ruin my running with a bacon calzone
18.gif

oh well. everything i am eating today is uber fiber and healthy. Guess i''ll run extra hard today!!
Hahaha.. I saw that on your Facebook.
3.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
its that worthy. i mean, its like mountain of bacon, cheese and bread.

18.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 11:16:01 AM
39.gif

We miss you!

Hey mami. No, I''m good. Honestly I just haven''t been myself since this whole thing with my professor--I''m still waiting for my grade and it''s all I can think about!
14.gif

I promise that once that whole debacle is over, I''ll be back to my old self.
2.gif

thanks for missing me tho...I feel loved
5.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 1:08:13 PM
Author: Bia

39.gif

We miss you!

Hey mami. No, I''m good. Honestly I just haven''t been myself since this whole thing with my professor--I''m still waiting for my grade and it''s all I can think about!
14.gif

2.gif

5.gif

awww. I bet everything is going to be just fine with your grades! We miss ya girls

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 1:08:13 PM
Author: Bia

39.gif

We miss you!

14.gif

2.gif

5.gif
I''m sorry B.
7.gif

I know this has got to be stressing you to no end!

Take care of yourself, and tell FI that he is to take care you too, Elle said so!
3.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
and i say so too!!!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Mmmmm that calzone sounds totally worth it. It''s almost lunch time, I''m soooo wanting my pad se-iw in the fridge!
18.gif

You guys found each other on FB? I''m so outta the loop. I''ve only found musey, but I''d feel like a stalker friend-requesting her because it was super sleuthy how I found her.
3.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 2:40:03 PM
Mmmmm that calzone sounds totally worth it. It''s almost lunch time, I''m soooo wanting my pad se-iw in the fridge!
18.gif

You guys found each other on FB? I''m so outta the loop. I''ve only found musey, but I''d feel like a stalker friend-requesting her because it was super sleuthy how I found her.
3.gif
You should add Musey! Definitely add Musey! Then you could find the rest of us!
2.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
LOL

Thanks ladies. I''m okay. I just stress easily when it comes to grades...and this professor is not making it easier. Instead she''s making me sweat
11.gif

c''est la vie

I''ll let you know what I got as soon as I know. fingers crossed
9.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 2:43:25 PM

18.gif

3.gif
2.gif
LOL, really? I wil later, no FB at work.
7.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 2:53:41 PM

Date: 5/28/2009 2:43:25 PM

18.gif

3.gif
2.gif
LOL, really? I wil later, no FB at work.
7.gif
Yes, yes you will. Promise.

Ditto to no FB at work... unless I use my blackberry.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
''allo
5.gif

jcar- one of my friends is on our city''s derby team. i''m gone to a couple practices and they ease you into it. no hitting whatsoever (except my bum and the floor)
i haven''t been able to go regularly though, so i stopped almost as soon as i started.

aud- produce at wally world. actually pays better than the mall, and with how heavy half the junk is it kinda counts as weight lifting
3.gif
i''m hoping to transfer into the pharmacy asap but for now i''ll take the extra $1/hour for sundays and 3rd shift (in the event i ever cross into 3rd, it''s normally 5am for me)

i really should go work out today but i''m kinda enjoying this whole sitting thing. i did get a pedometer at work yesterday and found out i probably walk 5 miles for an 8 hour shift. maybe i''ll go for a hike

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
oo - i just laid out in the sun for 40 minutes. felt sooo nice!

guess what? tomorrow is friday!

and someone i have to not tell friends about a Bday party for a mutual friend, even though they are already aware of it through FB... all because the bday boy refuses to give a girlfriend a chance to get to know her (he only knows OF how she used to act, which was aweful. she''s turned around to where even E has said "ya know, she is actually a pretty cool chick"). Sigh. BOYS.
20.gif

audball

Ideal_Rock
How do you all know eachother on FB? We''re from all over the country and I don''t even know you lovelies real names! I wanna be FB buddies!

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 6:07:38 PM
Author: audball
How do you all know eachother on FB? We''re from all over the country and I don''t even know you lovelies real names! I wanna be FB buddies!
i bet it''s a combination of super LIW honed sleuthing skills and possibly some meeting up on WoW in some cases

lol if you''d like to you can add me, but my security''s set really high so i''d have to change it

audball

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 7:10:26 PM
Author: Squirrly
Date: 5/28/2009 6:07:38 PM

Author: audball

i bet it''s a combination of super LIW honed sleuthing skills and possibly some meeting up on WoW in some cases

lol if you''d like to you can add me, but my security''s set really high so i''d have to change it
Hahha, mine is too. Crazy ex-BF...

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
mine''s from when a recent grad from my school got caught trying to meet up with a "14 year old girl" and after being arrested his myspace and facebook were found and linked to by commenters on the newspaper''s site, and well my site''s been unfindable since
5.gif
the stuff they were saying about what groups he was in, his pictures, just made me sick

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Sunny, you should definitely friend Musey! I don''t know if it would take much super sleuthing to find me from her, given my love of the keytar.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results