shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

audball

Ideal_Rock
boysenberry|1355779152|3333663 said:
Ooh I actually love first names that are or sound like last names - very clean and classy IMO.
I agree! I like Sullivan a lot! I also like Anderson, Parson, Nolan, and Grant! :love:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
audball said:
MBKRH|1355768120|3333506 said:
:naughty:

Lol yeah I realized it would be figured out after that post.
:lol: Yay

I typed out my own reply too, and then remembered I wasn't known by my real name on here! :loopy:

SURELY by the time your children are school age, madelise, the post-911 stigma of certain cultural names should have all but died away! It can't go on forever, can it? :errrr: Lames.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope it's okay to post here. I don't want to give away too many details in case she posts here, but my cousin got engaged! I helped her pick out the ring, a pretty old cut stone in a frame setting. Like most people she was on a lower budget but still wanted a beautiful ring. She just sent me photos of it on her finger and it looks great! I'm so thrilled for her and her partner!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Rhea|1356006251|3336376 said:
I hope it's okay to post here. I don't want to give away too many details in case she posts here, but my cousin got engaged! I helped her pick out the ring, a pretty old cut stone in a frame setting. Like most people she was on a lower budget but still wanted a beautiful ring. She just sent me photos of it on her finger and it looks great! I'm so thrilled for her and her partner!

yayyy that's so exciting!!! It's wonderful when you can help people out with your good knowledge ;))

audball

Ideal_Rock
pandabee|1356010788|3336417 said:
Rhea|1356006251|3336376 said:

yayyy that's so exciting!!! It's wonderful when you can help people out with your good knowledge ;))
Indeed! We love pictures too! ;-)

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Pandabee and Audball! I'm very excited for her! I'd love to post photos, but I don't like posting photos without people's permission so I'll refrain. They've been together for a bit, 5 years I think, and we've all known that it's coming. I helped her pick the ring nearly a year ago! And then because of a mix up my mother and her mother (they're the sisters) got involved. I'm just glad that's finally official. We've all done the ignoring the elephant in the room for a while.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhea|1356114839|3337469 said:
Thanks Pandabee and Audball! I'm very excited for her! I'd love to post photos, but I don't like posting photos without people's permission so I'll refrain. They've been together for a bit, 5 years I think, and we've all known that it's coming. I helped her pick the ring nearly a year ago! And then because of a mix up my mother and her mother (they're the sisters) got involved. I'm just glad that's finally official. We've all done the ignoring the elephant in the room for a while.

Eek, a whole year of sitting on a ring? We all know how frustrating that is! That must have been so hard to keep a secret that long!! But that's so nice of you to help them pick out the ring, and so nice that they included you in the picking. :))

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1356135733|3337707 said:
Rhea|1356114839|3337469 said:

Eek, a whole year of sitting on a ring? We all know how frustrating that is! That must have been so hard to keep a secret that long!! But that's so nice of you to help them pick out the ring, and so nice that they included you in the picking. :))

They worked out some kind of payment plan so he didn't actually get the ring until recently. I'm just glad that I spotted it for them! And it wasn't a secret. She asked me to help so I did, then he wasn't on board with a "used" ring but couldn't find anything for their budget. She took a bit to talk him around to the used ring and ended up with the one I spotted. She actually picked the ring so she's known about it the entire time.

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
127297126939126357_s5oo1rli_c.jpg

Another pinterest find... it definitely made me laugh.

Hope some ladies get a sparkly tomorrow night!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
hehehe I love it!! Thanks for that H!! Yes, lots of dust for ladies tomorrow!!!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Hehe, you're welcome. I totally feel that way right now. God what is wrong with meeeeeeeeeee ;(

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I'm over 1000 posts!!! Ahhhh when did that happen?? Craziness. I just <3 PS so much heheheh.

In countdown news (based on my lil countdown calendar app), there are:
42 days until valentine's day
97 days until our 2.5 year anniversary
121 days til we graduate
184 days until our 1000th day anniversary
323 days until his birthday
and 356 days until christmas aka the last day of our "deadline" eeeeeee

happy new year everyone!!!!!!!

Impudent_Crumpet

Rough_Rock
Your countdown app is now going to make us all crazy! Curse you, pandabee!!! :nono:

I kid, I kid.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Impudent_Crumpet|1357176377|3345927 said:
Your countdown app is now going to make us all crazy! Curse you, pandabee!!! :nono:

I kid, I kid.

Teehee. I promise not to do it too often! I just love New Years and I thought it would be an appropriate time to kick it off!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1357173082|3345872 said:
I'm over 1000 posts!!! Ahhhh when did that happen?? Craziness. I just <3 PS so much heheheh.

121 days til we graduate

Don't forget...30 days until my wedding!!!! Haha :wink2:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1357245729|3346600 said:
pandabee|1357173082|3345872 said:

121 days til we graduate

Don't forget...30 days until my wedding!!!! Haha :wink2:

yes!!!! can't believe it is almost time!!! time flies :D

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I love countdowns.

79 days until SO's brothers wedding. 85 days until my birthday!

I hope SO gets the message about Valentines Day this year.. its not really 'done' here, but since I internet too much I WANT IT. :tongue: In unrelated news, I've been put in charge of the invitations for above wedding, and I'm anxious to get them finished, printed and posted!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Chewbacca said:
I love countdowns.

79 days until SO's brothers wedding. 85 days until my birthday!

Talking to myself. :naughty:

58 days until SO's brothers wedding. 64 days until my birthday!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Any big plans for your birthday, Chewy?

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Since I'm lucky enough to have it land on a four-day weekend, SO and I have decided to take a road trip! :appl: We are having lots of fun thinking of things we'd like to do. CAN'T WAIT.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Chewbacca|1359938849|3371495 said:
Since I'm lucky enough to have it land on a four-day weekend, SO and I have decided to take a road trip! :appl: We are having lots of fun thinking of things we'd like to do. CAN'T WAIT.

Ooh fun! What ideas do you have so far?

luckyerialc

Rough_Rock
Chewbacca|1359938849|3371495 said:

LOVE roadtrips!! What do you have in mind? :)

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh, exciting! I love road trips! Deets please! :appl:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Ooo, I appreciate the enthusiasm! :appl:

Current 'plan': Leave Friday morning, drive 320 miles to Palmerston North. Do takeout and a movie, stay overnight. On Saturday drive the last 90 miles to Wellington. Visit Trash Palace (amazing junk shop)! SO wants to go shopping, he he. Birthday dinner somewhere fancy. Sunday for tourist activities (e.g. stalking out all things LotR and The Hobbit), and the big drive home on Monday!

With the wedding the weekend before its shaping up to be the BEST WEEK EVER!

Do any of you ladies have Easter weekend plans?

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Chewy, that sounds fun! I'm sure you'll have a great time. :D I hope you enjoy every minute of it.

M (athiest) and I (agnostic athiest) don't have any Easter weekend plans. I don't even know when that is. I know whenever good friday is, it doesn't mean much because we both still work. My next paid day off from work isn't until Memorial Day. Jan - May are the most dreaded months in my professional life. :nono:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Confession: I think EC's rule all the cuts, but I've never seen a setting that I coveted. If it was the thing to receive an engagement loose diamond, it'd be an EC.

;))

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Chewbacca|1362431120|3396154 said:
Confession: I think EC's rule all the cuts, but I've never seen a setting that I coveted. If it was the thing to receive an engagement loose diamond, it'd be an EC.

;))

lol what!!! you are throwing us for a loop here. you're not allowed to change your mind!!!!!!!

justkidding. what type of emerald cut settings do you not like? 3/5 stone? halo? tension?

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee said:

;))

lol what!!! you are throwing us for a loop here. you're not allowed to change your mind!!!!!!!

justkidding. what type of emerald cut settings do you not like? 3/5 stone? halo? tension?

I've liked them the most this entire time! I don't like.. any of them? Not enough to purchase for myself. I like the IDEA of a 5-stone or a delicate solitaire. But the settings bum me out, so I changed course!

I think I'll probably work on it years and years down the line! :bigsmile:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Chewbacca|1362443996|3396337 said:
pandabee said:

;))

I've liked them the most this entire time! I don't like.. any of them? Not enough to purchase for myself. I like the IDEA of a 5-stone or a delicate solitaire. But the settings bum me out, so I changed course!

I think I'll probably work on it years and years down the line! :bigsmile:

I will keep trying to find a setting for you in the meantime... :naughty: :bigsmile:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1362445737|3396355 said:
I will keep trying to find a setting for you in the meantime... :naughty: :bigsmile:

I am like.. the pickiest person in all of the land! I'm looking forward to it. 8-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results