shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I''m eating a frozen Milky Way for lunch.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 2:32:10 PM
Author: TheBigT
Lucky!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Did you bring enough for the class?

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 2:38:19 PM
Author: sunnyd

No, but I have 3 Cadbury Cream Eggs! They are part of my all candy, all the time diet, but I am willing to share.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG DH and I LOVE lemon curd! This cuppies sound amazing. BTW, I made this recipe last weekend and it''s seriously the best frosting I''ve ever had in my life. It definitely needs chilling time before frosting though, just a warning.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-challenge/kim-morrisons-real-vanilla-buttercream-frosting-recipe/index.html

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got an e-mail from B:

"I just tried one. Excellent. A little tarteness, but still overtones of sweet coming from the (almond extract). Overall very nice indeed."

He goes on to mention a couple of people he works with who were "quite pleased" and "impressed" (high praise from them).

I''m glad they like them. They really are good and the work is worth it if people enjoy them. This is the first time I did the recipe as cupcakes and was a bit worried they wouldn''t work out.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 2:40:33 PM

No, but I have 3 Cadbury Cream Eggs! They are part of my all candy, all the time diet, but I am willing to share.
Apparently you and Princesss are on the same plan...
2.gif

TP, I must admit, those cuppies sound delish.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 2:42:06 PM
Author: TooPatient

''I just tried one. Excellent. A little tarteness, but still overtones of sweet coming from the (almond extract). Overall very nice indeed.''

He goes on to mention a couple of people he works with who were ''quite pleased'' and ''impressed'' (high praise from them).

I''m glad they like them. They really are good and the work is worth it if people enjoy them. This is the first time I did the recipe as cupcakes and was a bit worried they wouldn''t work out.

Nice, good job! did you try one (or a dozen)?

A lot of people don''t realize that lemon curd isn''t supposed to be sweet. It''s supposed to border on too tart. I bet the sweetness of the frosting balanced it well.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock

Glad they came out well, TP!

What jungian archetype do you suppose the cupcakes would fall under?
41.gif

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2010 2:41:49 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
OMG DH and I LOVE lemon curd! This cuppies sound amazing. BTW, I made this recipe last weekend and it''s seriously the best frosting I''ve ever had in my life. It definitely needs chilling time before frosting though, just a warning.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-challenge/kim-morrisons-real-vanilla-buttercream-frosting-recipe/index.html
It really isn''t an awful amount of work (except this time since I had to hollow out cupcakes) and the parts can easily be made ahead of time & assembled the next day.

Here is the lemon cake recipe. I usually leave the coconut off since it doesn''t add much to the flavor. (It does make the cake able to be covered though...)

They call it "lemon filling" but it is a lemon curd. I reduce the sugar slightly sometimes so it is a bit more tart to balance out the sweeter frosting, but just do the "lemon filling" recipe as written for use on scones etc.

ETA: NEVER refrigerate 7 minute frosting! (every time I have, the egg whites separated out and it was just a mess)

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 2:40:33 PM

Please send me the link to this diet.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 2:51:33 PM

It really isn''t an awful amount of work (except this time since I had to hollow out cupcakes) and the parts can easily be made ahead of time & assembled the next day.

Here is the lemon cake recipe. I usually leave the coconut off since it doesn''t add much to the flavor. (It does make the cake able to be covered though...)

They call it ''lemon filling'' but it is a lemon curd. I reduce the sugar slightly sometimes so it is a bit more tart to balance out the sweeter frosting, but just do the ''lemon filling'' recipe as written for use on scones etc.

ETA: NEVER refrigerate 7 minute frosting! (every time I have, the egg whites separated out and it was just a mess)
Did you eat the cupcake balls? I know I would have.
18.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
This isn''t 7 minute frosting, it takes a lot longer than that (maybe 30?). I mentioned the refrigeration because the simple syrup/egg white mixture is warm when you add in the butter. The butter melts and the "frosting" ends up the consistency of cake batter. I freaked when I saw this, but I tossed it in the fridge because I didn''t know what else to do with a gallon of liquefied frosting (drinking it was not an option). The next morning it had thickened to the perfect whipped frosting consistency. The egg whites cook when they''re mixed with the sugar so there''s nothing to separate and the butter emulsifies when you add it so it''s thoroughly mixed when it cools and hardens.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 2:56:02 PM

They call it ''lemon filling'' but it is a lemon curd. I reduce the sugar slightly sometimes so it is a bit more tart to balance out the sweeter frosting, but just do the ''lemon filling'' recipe as written for use on scones etc.

18.gif
Cupcake ball-eater!
36.gif

winelover23

Ideal_Rock

18.gif
tee hee

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 2:56:38 PM
This isn't 7 minute frosting, it takes a lot longer than that (maybe 30?). I mentioned the refrigeration because the simple syrup/egg white mixture is warm when you add in the butter. The butter melts and the 'frosting' ends up the consistency of cake batter. I freaked when I saw this, but I tossed it in the fridge because I didn't know what else to do with a gallon of liquefied frosting (drinking it was not an option). The next morning it had thickened to the perfect whipped frosting consistency. The egg whites cook when they're mixed with the sugar so there's nothing to separate and the butter emulsifies when you add it so it's thoroughly mixed when it cools and hardens.
6.gif
Says who?! Could I dip my cupcake balls in it?
31.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock

18.gif
Teehee.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2010 2:46:52 PM

Date: 3/26/2010 2:42:06 PM

''I just tried one. Excellent. A little tarteness, but still overtones of sweet coming from the (almond extract). Overall very nice indeed.''

He goes on to mention a couple of people he works with who were ''quite pleased'' and ''impressed'' (high praise from them).

Nice, good job! did you try one (or a dozen)?

A lot of people don''t realize that lemon curd isn''t supposed to be sweet. It''s supposed to border on too tart. I bet the sweetness of the frosting balanced it well.
I showed great self control and didn''t have a single bite... which I regreted a couple of hours later when they were gone and I was wondering if they turned out okay
20.gif

I did have a piece of homemade toast with lemon curd though...

The lemon curd from the store is just WAY too sweet. This recipe is a bit tart and I like to cut the sugar by 1/2 cup or so to make it extra tart.
1.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 2:57:30 PM
Author: winelover23

18.gif
tee hee
JINX!

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
observation: Curd rhymes w/ turd and tart rhymes w/ fart.

That is all.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2010 2:56:38 PM
This isn''t 7 minute frosting, it takes a lot longer than that (maybe 30?). I mentioned the refrigeration because the simple syrup/egg white mixture is warm when you add in the butter. The butter melts and the ''frosting'' ends up the consistency of cake batter. I freaked when I saw this, but I tossed it in the fridge because I didn''t know what else to do with a gallon of liquefied frosting (drinking it was not an option). The next morning it had thickened to the perfect whipped frosting consistency. The egg whites cook when they''re mixed with the sugar so there''s nothing to separate and the butter emulsifies when you add it so it''s thoroughly mixed when it cools and hardens.
Good to be aware of. One of the books I have has a "7 minute frosting" recipe that is nearly identical to this. Of course it has a bunch of other strange/incorrect terms so I should have known...

Whatever it is, it is light and fluffy and yummy. (and great to bring with fruit as dessert at a dinner party)

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Can you all come over and cook me? Ok, thanks!

ETA: OMG, I'm rolling over here. I meant cook FOR me of course!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 3:11:03 PM
Author: hisdiamondgirl
Can you all come over and cook me? Ok, thanks!
No!!! you are better raw.
3.gif

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh wife, I knew you would catch that before I had a chance to fix it
3.gif

Oh, and thanks BTW!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 3:07:02 PM

That is all.
Wino for President!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2010 3:13:35 PM
Author: elledizzy5

That is all.
Wino for President!
I second the nomination!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 3:31:03 PM
Date: 3/26/2010 3:27:52 PM

Date: 3/26/2010 3:21:52 PM

That is all.

And juice rhymes with...
Moose?
Yeah that too...
3.gif
Loose!
Bruce!
Deuce!
Shoes! (sort of)
Papoose!
noose!
Goose!