shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Ooooooh, sunnyd, what an exciting day!

Speaking of book/movie adaptations, I''m excited/nervous about the Time Traveler''s Wife coming out next month. I love that book. Love it. But I''m nervous that the movie will be a hackjob. So I have to remind myself that as long as they keep it in the SPIRIT of the book, it''ll be okay.

Gah. I''m still nervous about it. How silly is that?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
MK: I can only think of one author in particular right now, because I''m half asleep from the HP midnight viewing. I know a lot of the Roald Dahl books I enjoyed better as books than movies. Matilda, James & the Giant Peach. However... Willy Wonka is a toss up... for the OLD Charlie/Choc Factory movie, not the redone one. I haven''t seen that yet.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooooh sunnyd, do we get to see your e-pics today???
31.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 10:53:38 AM
Author: princesss
princesss! Yay for getting your Snuggie!!!!! Your bf is so sweet for doing that for you. I have no doubt he could pull of a super proposal! So, is the Snuggie really as comfy as it looks?

Yes, yes it is. It is pretty cheap material, so you can hear the static building and crackling, but it''s SO warm and comfy. And it covers my monkey arms and my whole body, so two thumbs up for the Snuggie.

This was actually the main reason I didn''t buy a Snuggie...the one that was peeking out of the box in the store looked super thin/cheap and I thought it wouldn''t work well. It''s still warm despite this? Because I secretly still want one.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 11:58:19 AM
Author: elledizzy5
31.gif
I wish!! They said 2 weeks, which was Sunday. I''m a blog stalker now. I have no shame.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 11:53:55 AM
Author: jjc
Dreamgirl- Oh MAN Revolutionary Road!!! My BF and I made the mistake of watching that movie when things were already kinda tense. Yikes!
Oh really?! lol uh oh!!! Yeah after that movie I was a little grouchy for no reason at all really. Guess the movie made me feel depressed.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 11:53:32 AM
Author: sunnyd
Morning all. I'm not down with the HP, am I really the only one?! Hehehe!
9.gif

So anxious today! Awaiting epics, bpics and a floral quote. Eeeee!!
26.gif
when I read epics.... I was thinking purple items
4.gif

and good morning

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 12:06:50 PM

31.gif
I wish!! They said 2 weeks, which was Sunday. I''m a blog stalker now. I have no shame.
I''m a blog stalker of a few photogs as well. However, my favorite one hasn''t posted since April which makes me mad because he used to post weekly. He had said he was going to get a new site. But I feel bad for the people who got married and didn''t get their stuff posted on his blog yet. Now I''m starting to change my mind about him! But I''m sure the new site will be wonderful so I''ll give him another chance.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 11:57:39 AM
MK: I can only think of one author in particular right now, because I'm half asleep from the HP midnight viewing. I know a lot of the Roald Dahl books I enjoyed better as books than movies. Matilda, James & the Giant Peach. However... Willy Wonka is a toss up... for the OLD Charlie/Choc Factory movie, not the redone one. I haven't seen that yet.
I can't think of one at the moment but I agree with elle. Yeah, the old C&CF was way better than the new one. I love Jonny Depp and think he's a fantastic actor but it just creeped me out. Oompa Loompas freak me out too...if someone just starts humming that song, I'll never get it out of my head.

ETA: sunnyd, how exciting! I hope you share your e-pics!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 12:09:54 PM
Author: ckrickett

Morning all. I''m not down with the HP, am I really the only one?! Hehehe!
9.gif

26.gif
4.gif

and good morning
LOL!!!

FI said last night during the movie that Dumbledore must be an epic Pally because his consecration had a roughly 200m radius.
3.gif
He did kick some serious ass with that fire spell. Not gonna lie.

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 11:59:33 AM
Author: misskitty

princesss! Yay for getting your Snuggie!!!!! Your bf is so sweet for doing that for you. I have no doubt he could pull of a super proposal! So, is the Snuggie really as comfy as it looks?

Yes, yes it is. It is pretty cheap material, so you can hear the static building and crackling, but it''s SO warm and comfy. And it covers my monkey arms and my whole body, so two thumbs up for the Snuggie.

This was actually the main reason I didn''t buy a Snuggie...the one that was peeking out of the box in the store looked super thin/cheap and I thought it wouldn''t work well. It''s still warm despite this? Because I secretly still want one.
I don''t know if this has been discussed already (forgive me if it has), but isn''t the Snuggie essentially a robe that you wear backwards? Not to say that I''m not completely fascinated by it, but I kinda wonder...

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 12:12:02 PM
Author: vip0802

Date: 7/15/2009 11:57:39 AM
MK: I can only think of one author in particular right now, because I''m half asleep from the HP midnight viewing. I know a lot of the Roald Dahl books I enjoyed better as books than movies. Matilda, James & the Giant Peach. However... Willy Wonka is a toss up... for the OLD Charlie/Choc Factory movie, not the redone one. I haven''t seen that yet.
I can''t think of one at the moment but I agree with elle. Yeah, the old C&CF was way better than the new one. I love Jonny Depp and think he''s a fantastic actor but it just creeped me out. Oompa Loompas freak me out too...if someone just starts humming that song, I''ll never get it out of my head.
that movie was so bad.
I didn''t like anything about it, even JD
29.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 12:12:27 PM
Author: jjc

Date: 7/15/2009 11:59:33 AM
Author: misskitty

I don''t know if this has been discussed already (forgive me if it has), but isn''t the Snuggie essentially a robe that you wear backwards? Not to say that I''m not completely fascinated by it, but I kinda wonder...
Haha, yes.. but its longer and bigger and more blanket like.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
vip - I''ve been to many different neurologists and they put me on Imitrex once but I stopped taking it because it made me nervous and shaky and kinda nauseous. Now when I go they tell me there''s nothing they can do. Maybe I need a new doctor lol

jjc - thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately I''m allergic to aspirin so I can''t take anything Excedrin-related. I wish I could because that''s the only thing that used to work!

I absolutely loved the Harry Potter books, but the movies haven''t been as good for me. They''re good movies by themselves but when you compare them to the books I think it''s really not even close which is better. I want to see this movie though - maybe in the next few days I''ll convince DH to come see it with me.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

9.gif

26.gif
4.gif

and good morning
LOL!!!

FI said last night during the movie that Dumbledore must be an epic Pally because his consecration had a roughly 200m radius.
3.gif
OMG hahaha YES altho he wears cloth so maybe an epic fire mage

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 12:10:05 PM
Author: Dreamgirl

Date: 7/15/2009 12:06:50 PM

31.gif
I''m a blog stalker of a few photogs as well. However, my favorite one hasn''t posted since April which makes me mad because he used to post weekly. He had said he was going to get a new site. But I feel bad for the people who got married and didn''t get their stuff posted on his blog yet. Now I''m starting to change my mind about him! But I''m sure the new site will be wonderful so I''ll give him another chance.
Well I''m sure he''s not keeping the pics from the couples he shoots, just not posting them. I would hope that my photogs email me first before posting on their blog. I''m also an email stalker these days too.
3.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 12:14:41 PM

9.gif

26.gif
4.gif

and good morning
LOL!!!

3.gif
Haha. Good point.

Although Dumbledore is so much higher level, I doubt HP got any XP for the kills.
39.gif

ETA: That instance run did not give the rare drop HP was hoping for either.
3.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
morning everyone!
elle - i take it the movie was good?
19.gif

hopefully we get to see it this weekend!

last night i made chicken enchiladas --- yummm. i think i will eat it again for dinner :)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 12:17:24 PM

Date: 7/15/2009 12:14:41 PM

9.gif

26.gif
4.gif

and good morning
LOL!!!

3.gif
Haha. Good point.

Although Dumbledore is so much higher level, I doubt HP got any XP for the kills.
39.gif

ETA: That instance run did not give the rare drop HP was hoping for either.
3.gif
I know right just some trashloot.... effin grays!
I wonder what Voldemort drops

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
NERD ALERT!
3.gif
9.gif
3.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 12:22:51 PM
Author: jcarlylew
morning everyone!
elle - i take it the movie was good?
19.gif

hopefully we get to see it this weekend!

last night i made chicken enchiladas --- yummm. i think i will eat it again for dinner :)
yum

jjc

Brilliant_Rock

9.gif

26.gif
4.gif

and good morning

LOL!!!

3.gif
Does anyone else miss the original actor who played Dumbledore like crazy? The second actor gets the character completely wrong I think. There''s no quiet, slightly bemused, but completely awe-inspiring power...just gruffness, spaztasticness, and yelling! Dumbledore did not yell at the students in the books! Makes me sad and mad
38.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Mmmm, enchiladas!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
yah - now i want them for breakfast again/

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I think you just solved my "what to make for dinner?" problem. Gives me an excuse to make Mexican rice, too!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Any crafty chicks in here wanna take a stab at my invites? See BWW! Please!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
FI sent me flowers at work today!
30.gif

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhhh, Richard Harris!! He did such a good job. It was weird for me b/c he played this awful character in a movie that etched itself into my child brain called Orca. He played bad guys really well. Maybe that is why he was so good at getting Dumbledore.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 12:51:26 PM
FI sent me flowers at work today!
30.gif
awwwwwww!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results