shape
carat
color
clarity

The Ladies in Waiting List!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CalBearsFan

Rough_Rock
Add me too please!
35.gif

WhyNotMe

Rough_Rock
Please add me to the list! I'm new to this forum but have lurked for a few months.
I'm getting terribly discouraged.. it's been 1.5 years for me and my wonderful sweetie... but says "he loves me so much and I'm the #1 person in his life, blah blah" but he "loves things the way they are" and isn't feeling the rush!
I'm 33 and he's 39 so the clock is ticking. I gave him an ultimatum about a month ago, now he's taking a few months to "think about things"
Would love some insight from all of you ladies
35.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies! Below is an updated list. We have lots of new LIW''s!!! We hope your stay is short and sweet!!! Please come back often and give us updates we love to know how things are progressing.

Since we have a lot of new additions latley I thought I''d remind everyone that you must post somewhere on pricescope in order to remain on the list. If you do not post in three months you will be removed from the list. If you have more than 100 posts and go on hiatus we''ll give you six months but after that you''ll be removed. We want everyone to stay so please keep posting!!!!!!!

1 Angel7
2 ~*Alexis*~
3 Galateia
4 emeraldlover1
5 lost in new york
6 gigglebuns1186
7 news_girl
8 Jewels305
9 jennypoo
10 Kayakqueen83
11 *RubyRN*
12 gwendolyn
13 goodfun7580
14 equestrienne
15 nebe
16 honey22
17 ladypirate
18 julie04
19 BrilliantNikki
20 mirre
21 ButterBean
22 hisdiamondgirl
23 chocolatefudge
24 lxb87
25 chizzy1982
26 Deelight
27 TheOptimist
28 meresal
29 sunnyd
30 aliciagirl
31 sred2
32 sandia_rose
33 FrekeChild
34 INdmbLove
35 stryeyes102
36 Jban
37 absolut_blonde
38 mandyk77
39 misscuppycake
40 lisamarie84
41 Sapphire_Cutie
42 eaglesgal
43 ListlessLiz
44 dragonfly411
45 PostIt
46 KCCutie
47 dncer228
48 Ldubs
49 mskatee
50 edotf104
51 Dreamgirl
52 that_someone_special
53 Bia
54 ringless
55 catty77
56 anniee19
57 Lexie
58 holacandita
59 PearlDahhhling
60 cutiegirl84
61 ILoveSpinel
62 eaglesfem
63 zilaras
64 Honorary LIW Pam (from The Office)
65 Snickerdoodle
66 dinkster
67 someoneelse
68 Garnet
69 taovandel
70 pickles
71 jerserygirl77
72 keepingthefaith21
73 jillyb
74 penniepie25
75 hipcat23
76 wishful
77 IloveAsschers13
78 TryingAgain
79 Bobbin
80 Guilty Pleasure
81 lacolombiana
82 JulieN
83 fieryred33143
84 LuvinMyLife86
85 Chrissymarie98
86 aussiecountrygirl
87 elledizzy5
88 HeadOverHeels4James
89 applewood
90 kayamari
91 philly317
92 lamer
93 blackpolkadot
94 Fashionvictim
95 pumpkin81
96 Ifellinlovewithmybestfriend
97 Scorpio22
98 blondebunny
99 RealRadiance
100 LeggoMyEggo
101 dreaming of the day
102 LeeNY
103 parrot tulips
104 lasscreative
105 Izzy03
106 loveydovey
107 oceanlove
108 Carbonlove
109 inhisarms17
110 PawnShopHustler
111 SparklyGirl*
112 GoingCrazy29
113 jcarlylew
114 Amanda.Rx
115 happygolucky851
116 lindmgrav
117 bethany23
118 CalBearsFan
119 WhyNotMe

WhyNotMe

Rough_Rock
Thanks for adding me! I''ll be sure to keep posting

Hope I move up that list!!

I''ve been thinking of asking my sweetie to let me start seeing other guys (no sex involved, just dates), but I know he won''t go for that, obviously guys have their pride. My Mom and my married friends are pushing me to see guys behind his back, though, since he won''t commit to me, why should he keep me on the shelf?. My friends are urging me to set up an ad on plentyoffish. My mom has been sending my photo out to her friends'' sons (no success though -thankfully I don''t need that complication LOL).

It wears on my self-esteem knowing that the guy whom I love, who professes complete love for me, will leave me so exposed and vulnerable... I feel like a fallen woman, or a piece of human garbage. Why won''t he let go of his precious independence and do the honourable thing by me already?????? I am a pretty gal for my age, fun, good hobbies, good job, financially stable, healthy, witty etc.. actually in typing this I think why am I with him at all????

Has anyone else dealt with this dillema? I''m not leaving him because I know deep down he is The One... and we would make an AWESOME couple... but I don''t want to make a laughing stock of myself. It has been 1.5 years, at ages 33 (me) and 39 (him). If we aint ready now... will we ever???????????????

WhyNotMe

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/15/2008 11:20:50 PM
Author: WhyNotMe
Thanks for adding me! I'll be sure to keep posting

I've been thinking of asking my sweetie to let me start seeing other guys (no sex involved, just dates), but I know he won't go for that, obviously guys have their pride. My Mom and my married friends are pushing me to see guys behind his back, though, since he won't commit to me, why should he keep me on the shelf?. My friends are urging me to set up an ad on plentyoffish. My mom has been sending my photo out to her friends' sons (no success though -thankfully I don't need that complication LOL).

It wears on my self-esteem knowing that the guy whom I love, who professes complete love for me, will leave me so exposed and vulnerable... I feel like a fallen woman, or a piece of human garbage. Why won't he let go of his precious independence and do the honourable thing by me already?????? I am a pretty gal for my age, fun, good hobbies, good job, financially stable, healthy, witty etc.. actually in typing this I think why am I with him at all????

Has anyone else dealt with this dillema? I'm not leaving him because I know deep down he is The One... and we would make an AWESOME couple... but I don't want to make a laughing stock of myself. It has been 1.5 years, at ages 33 (me) and 39 (him). If we aint ready now... will we ever???????????????

WhyNotMe
Hey WhyNotMe - I think if you posted this as its own message on the LIW board you would get more views and responces!

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock

I''ve been thinking of asking my sweetie to let me start seeing other guys (no sex involved, just dates), but I know he won''t go for that, obviously guys have their pride. My Mom and my married friends are pushing me to see guys behind his back, though, since he won''t commit to me, why should he keep me on the shelf?. My friends are urging me to set up an ad on plentyoffish. My mom has been sending my photo out to her friends'' sons (no success though -thankfully I don''t need that complication LOL).

It wears on my self-esteem knowing that the guy whom I love, who professes complete love for me, will leave me so exposed and vulnerable... I feel like a fallen woman, or a piece of human garbage. Why won''t he let go of his precious independence and do the honourable thing by me already?????? I am a pretty gal for my age, fun, good hobbies, good job, financially stable, healthy, witty etc.. actually in typing this I think why am I with him at all????

Has anyone else dealt with this dillema? I''m not leaving him because I know deep down he is The One... and we would make an AWESOME couple... but I don''t want to make a laughing stock of myself. It has been 1.5 years, at ages 33 (me) and 39 (him). If we aint ready now... will we ever???????????????

WhyNotMe
if you are a LIW and really love this guy, than why are your friends and family pushing you to find another man... and put yourself on the internet???? you are thinking of marriage but you are also thinking about dating other men???? are you sure that you are both ready!!??? I am not being mean (so please don''t take it that way) just conserned!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 10:44:58 AM
Author: cbs102

WhyNotMe
if you are a LIW and really love this guy, than why are your friends and family pushing you to find another man... and put yourself on the internet???? you are thinking of marriage but you are also thinking about dating other men???? are you sure that you are both ready!!??? I am not being mean (so please don''t take it that way) just conserned!
Quit being so nice, CBS! LOL

If you''re not leaving him because he''s "the one" then you''re only dating him to coerce him into marriage. You''d basically be cheating with permission. Obviously this guy is not making you feel like you''re pretty, fun, career-minded, and independent. He''s widdled you down from a strong, independent woman, to a woman basically begging for marriage. Begging so much that you want to go out with other guys just to get a rise out of him.

Take a stand. Stay with him, or get out. Don''t walk the fence. It''s not becoming in politics, and not in relationships. If he''s really "the One"... i think dating would be out of the question. Sounds like getting married is more important to you than your current BF.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 11:05:32 AM
Author: elledizzy5

WhyNotMe

If you''re not leaving him because he''s ''the one'' then you''re only dating him to coerce him into marriage. You''d basically be cheating with permission. Obviously this guy is not making you feel like you''re pretty, fun, career-minded, and independent. He''s widdled you down from a strong, independent woman, to a woman basically begging for marriage. Begging so much that you want to go out with other guys just to get a rise out of him.

Take a stand. Stay with him, or get out. Don''t walk the fence. It''s not becoming in politics, and not in relationships. If he''s really ''the One''... i think dating would be out of the question. Sounds like getting married is more important to you than your current BF.
totally wanted to say that...
1.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 11:21:13 AM

WhyNotMe

If you''re not leaving him because he''s ''the one'' then you''re only dating him to coerce him into marriage. You''d basically be cheating with permission. Obviously this guy is not making you feel like you''re pretty, fun, career-minded, and independent. He''s widdled you down from a strong, independent woman, to a woman basically begging for marriage. Begging so much that you want to go out with other guys just to get a rise out of him.

Take a stand. Stay with him, or get out. Don''t walk the fence. It''s not becoming in politics, and not in relationships. If he''s really ''the One''... i think dating would be out of the question. Sounds like getting married is more important to you than your current BF.
1.gif

I think I''m slowly getting to "Old School PS''er" status. I''m sick of sugar coating!!
2.gif

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 11:29:44 AM

Date: 7/17/2008 11:21:13 AM

WhyNotMe

1.gif

I think I''m slowly getting to ''Old School PS''er'' status. I''m sick of sugar coating!!
2.gif
i have not seen much sugar going on lately!!!! the truth needs to be stated IMO
20.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock

I think I''m slowly getting to ''Old School PS''er'' status. I''m sick of sugar coating!!
2.gif
Elle:
35.gif
You don''t get old-schooler status around here until you stay through your wedding and still post after your married. I''ve been here since Fall 07, I''m #28, and I''m no where near old school.

Just my .02
2.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 12:51:14 PM
Author: meresal

2.gif
Elle:
35.gif
You don''t get old-schooler status around here until you stay through your wedding and still post after your married. I''ve been here since Fall 07, I''m #28, and I''m no where near old school.

Just my .02
2.gif
Ah yes, I realize I''m still a newbie!
1.gif

However, I guess I just notice the longer I''m here, the less I sugar coat. I think when you start to hear the same LIW concerns over, and over, and over again... you just get to the point.
2.gif

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 2:12:05 PM

Date: 7/17/2008 12:51:14 PM
Author: meresal

2.gif
Elle:
35.gif

Just my .02
2.gif
Ah yes, I realize I''m still a newbie!
1.gif

However, I guess I just notice the longer I''m here, the less I sugar coat. I think when you start to hear the same LIW concerns over, and over, and over again... you just get to the point.
2.gif
i found this one particularly different because she is in the LIW forum but wanted to date other people.. it made no sense to me ---AT ALL!!!!

smithsmith

Rough_Rock
Please add me to the list. I lurk a ton! I''m not really expecting anything until next spring at this point, but I am already dying of anticipation.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2008 2:40:20 PM
i found this one particularly different because she is in the LIW forum but wanted to date other people.. it made no sense to me ---AT ALL!!!!
She could be a troll...

Every once and awhile we see them around here. Usually the admins are great about removing them quickly.

WhyNotMe

Rough_Rock
I am not a troll. I appreciate the honest feedback from the ladies here. Yes, it''s true, I want a husband more than I want my current BF, but I don''t think I should have to apologize for trying to fight for what is most important in my life. All I want is a man who loves me and a couple of kids... simple wants, really. If my BF isn''t able to be my husband, he isn''t the one for me.

One of my big problems is that my mom wants these things for me too, and desperately. She calls me up and pushes my buttons... and yes, she has lost confidence in my ability to close the deal with current BF. My best friend has too, though most of my other friends have been far more supportive. The "finding other guys on the internet" was just a dramatic reaction to the pressure I''m on. I would never seriously consider looking for another man until I was completely sure it was over with the one I love. I would never stoop to that - I just sometimes feel like it when I''m really down. But it''s hard to be a lady when even your own mother won''t be one (visions of grandbabies dancing in her head - and I''m not much better - I ogle preganant women wherever I go).

I appreciate that my relationship has serious issues. Nevertheless, I know I am in a relationship with a man who really does love me, and it''s hard. Compounded by the fact that I was recently a bridesmaid in a wedding where the poor bride had to wait 4 1/2 years!! Yes, that''s triggering me too.

I''m sorry if my post upset anyone, and if my issues are too far apart from the group''s, let me know. But I can''t be the only one waiting and wondering if it will really happen!

Katy

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Ok, this really isn't the thread for convo... If anyone wants to continue commenting, lets move it to it's own thread in the LIW forum.
1.gif

WhyNotMe: Welcome. If you're looking for advice, try posting a new thread in the LIW forum and explain your situation as best you can (I can't emphasize this enough). Just an FYI, be sure you're ready for the advice you may receive.

WhyNotMe

Rough_Rock
Oh, and ElleDizzy5? Thanks for the honest feedback:

He''s widdled you down from a strong, independent woman, to a woman basically begging for marriage.

You have a good point, and deep down I think you''re right. Thanks for being honest... I appreciate getting real feedback from people who don''t know me and aren''t invested in an outcome. Everyone around me is invested in an outcome - the "dump him" camp and the "he''ll come around" camp.

Katy

WhyNotMe

Rough_Rock
OK, I understand. Thanks for the welcome. I will post in a separate topic from here on it, but probably not this topic becuase it's probably not a good convo, as someone said. I think I really misunderstood things... most of the ladies here are solid in their relationships, which is cool - power to you all!!! I'm really sorry for barging in and stirring things up.
All the best to everyone here.
Kind Regards, Katy

meresal

Ideal_Rock
You didn''t barge in anywhere, it''s just that this thread is for annoucing your LIW status... the "introduce yourself" thread if for , well you get the idea... and if your looking for opinions on a situation, it''s customary to start an individual thread.

WhyNotMe

Rough_Rock
understood. Thanks!

lindmgrav

Rough_Rock
Thank y''all for adding me!
I''ve been friends with the guy I''m with for four years yesterday, and we''ve been dating for a little over three years. He graduates from dental school in May ''09 and has always told me that he wants to get married the summer after he graduates so I''m hoping I won''t be LIW for long. However, he just got his loan check in for the fall semester, and I was hoping that that some of it was going to be a downpayment for the ring the I told him I liked. But once he told me all the bills he had to catch up on, I don''t think he''ll have enough left over to do that and live on til the Spring. I guess I''ll just have to wait and see!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there ladies!

Mind adding me to the list?

Thanks!

When you get the chance, take me off of the list please. (no engagement yet!)
I''ve spent SO much time here, that I need a break.. I need to work on my design & art for a while, but I am so obsessed with diamonds.

When it happens I''ll come back and tell you all, but I dont feel right being on the list and not contributing enough!

xoxo

p.s I''ll probably changing the screen name too
31.gif

I Love Carats

Rough_Rock
Please add me to the list! I have a feeling I will be on it for quite some time, so a little luck will never hurt :)

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
Hi,I have been a lurker for awhile,and I like the rest of you am a lady in waiting and would love to be on the list!

TheNextMrsB

Rough_Rock
Hey! Please add me to the list! I''ve been lurking around multiple "pre-engagement" forums for a few months, and I finally decided to register for this one.
1.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2008 12:58:39 PM
Author: TheNextMrsB
Hey! Please add me to the list! I''ve been lurking around multiple ''pre-engagement'' forums for a few months, and I finally decided to register for this one.
1.gif

Glad we could sell you on PS!!
2.gif

Welcome!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been a lurker for a week and am now registered. Please add me to the LIW list!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results