shape
carat
color
clarity

The kismet twins

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I have posted before about my "hunt" but I have been on the hunt for some larger diameter old mine cuts to create a pair of the-ones-that-got-away earrings. I have had pretty decent luck finding smaller stones in matched pairs, but anything over 5mm are few and far between and usually way out of my budget. I was tooling around Ruby Lane and a pair caught my eye, OMC, already set in platinum bezels, low color (yay), and 7mm!!!!, but being RL I assumed they would be pricey. Surprisingly, they were not bad. I did some more searching and found the same vendor on etsy (they also have an IG profile but not up to date). Since I am more comfortable with Etsy I went with that site. The site said they accepted offers so I asked some questions hoping to gauge if they would accept 20% off. They responded really quickly and offered me 30% off so I figured why not, they had a good return policy. Seemed like there had to be a catch but worth a chance Typical snafus with FedEx in my area and a clerk who wouldn't look at the box I pointed at (sigh) but I got them and almost dropped the box when I opened them. They are huge to my eyes, I had sort of assumed OMC were subtler and maybe DH wouldn't notice but he'd have to blind. Don't think I can beg off that they are fake either. So yeah, maybe 3 stones will be a little too obvious. The color is warm but in usual old cut fashion they face up so white. The inclusions are not visible and the sparkle, woowee. My favorite grocery store checker joked I was trying to blind him.

Without further ado

20210111_151849.jpg
20210111_152446.jpg
20210111_152547.jpg 20210111_162736.jpg

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! And unique too! I like how they are set.

Enjoy!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I have posted before about my "hunt" but I have been on the hunt for some larger diameter old mine cuts to create a pair of the-ones-that-got-away earrings. I have had pretty decent luck finding smaller stones in matched pairs, but anything over 5mm are few and far between and usually way out of my budget. I was tooling around Ruby Lane and a pair caught my eye, OMC, already set in platinum bezels, low color (yay), and 7mm!!!!, but being RL I assumed they would be pricey. Surprisingly, they were not bad. I did some more searching and found the same vendor on etsy (they also have an IG profile but not up to date). Since I am more comfortable with Etsy I went with that site. The site said they accepted offers so I asked some questions hoping to gauge if they would accept 20% off. They responded really quickly and offered me 30% off so I figured why not, they had a good return policy. Seemed like there had to be a catch but worth a chance Typical snafus with FedEx in my area and a clerk who wouldn't look at the box I pointed at (sigh) but I got them and almost dropped the box when I opened them. They are huge to my eyes, I had sort of assumed OMC were subtler and maybe DH wouldn't notice but he'd have to blind. Don't think I can beg off that they are fake either. So yeah, maybe 3 stones will be a little too obvious. The color is warm but in usual old cut fashion they face up so white. The inclusions are not visible and the sparkle, woowee. My favorite grocery store checker joked I was trying to blind him.

Without further ado

20210111_151849.jpg
20210111_152446.jpg

Congrats! They look beautiful. Love the setting.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Gotta love bigger than expected and a great deal too! Congrats, they are beautiful.

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on finding the perfect pair. They look beautiful.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty - congrats on your find!

collier

Shiny_Rock
Fabulous! I love everything about them, from how they look on you to the delicate details encircling those lovely old cuts. Enjoy!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Good deal! :love: I love them, love them.:love:

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Omg I love them! They’re perfect!

HollyJane

Shiny_Rock

Without further ado

20210111_151849.jpg
20210111_152446.jpg

Wowza! The earrings are beautiful. I could not have passed them up either.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love them! Unique setting for old mine cuts. They really are gorgeous.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Without further ado

20210111_151849.jpg
20210111_152446.jpg

Gorgeous! LOVE! Wear in good health and blingy joy. :appl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, dreamy, romantic & feminine!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!

lovetodream

Shiny_Rock
Love these! I think I've found the type of studs I want to hunt for now - thank you for posting! Can I ask what size they are?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely look on you! Classic and understated but *very* visible!

You classy chick!

:wavey:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great size and they look fabulous on you! Nice find!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super cute with the bezel. :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results