shape
carat
color
clarity

The "it's so ME" antique dream piece thread

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
My dream OEC which I am lucky enough to own.

bubbalahincarnyc.png

bubbalahamongstgreens.png

@missy Your OEC is a dream for many of us!

This Tiffany & Co that was on eBay for a long time. One day, I want to recreate this one with a smaller diamond:
Screenshot_20190411-142051.png

@Starfacet ooh yes, with a chunky moval, perhaps?

That's seriously a great ring. I have a tsav garnet coming soon and the concept is tempting. It's almost 4 CT so it's a good size. I was going to probably do CvB's Clara.

@elizat I would love to see that stone by the way! The Clara is one of my favorite CvBs, but if you like onyx, what about the Zoe? 20200504_201809.png

Okay so the first one is a ring I saw on CVB's IG and was totally smitten. It's pink and feminine and just everything I love, it will not be mine because pink diamonds are way out of any ballpark I will ever play in. Obviously not antique but vintage inspired:

IMG_8316.jpg My ring

A little while back The Curio on IG posted this freaking amazing ring that I had to ask about because....I just had to! It is a 1.30 center with additional diamonds in the setting. Platinum circa 1920. I love the squared off shape the setting gives the center stone and how geometric it is, very deco. It's actually similar to a ring I own (and well...$6,000) so not happening anytime soon! For reference here is my ring and the Curio's, sorry not a great picture but I snapped it from an IG video.

(the baby)
IMG_7112.JPG

Curio's ring (the momma)
IMG_8318.JPG

@YadaYadaYada (that new name threw me off at first, like: who?) I think your ring is pretty darn close , and honestly, I like yours better!

This bracelet. I don't wear pink and typically don't like rose gold so I don't understand my attraction but I love her anyway.

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 5.02.49 PM.png

@MrsBlue rose gold is growing on me too

I have been watching this one forever! I love it so - I haven't posted it because I just know someone is going to snatch it up. I would give up my emerald for this one as it combines all my favorite things - deco, onyx, and emerald - what are the odds that this will still be around when I can make it mine? Not good I know.
@oodlesofpoodles Gah! Isn't it stunning? I can afford half, wanna time share? Lol

Too expensive
s-l1600.jpg s-l1600-1.jpg
@Pinkmartini87 Yes, yes, yes and yes. I LOVE your taste!

Shield rings are awesome, and the finger coverage is amazing! They make a statement with such beautiful presence. Each one has its own personality and uniqueness!
When I inherited this piece, I was a sophomore in high school. I had no idea what I was looking at, nor did I appreciate the history behind it.
I just liked looking at it, and the design spoke to me.
It is, indeed, platinum.
My mother locked it away in a safe deposit box, until I was much older. She waited until I was mature, and could truly care for it the way it deserved to be treated. I think she was afraid I’d lose it, or it would get stolen....and I agreed it should be safe, until it was meant to be mine.
I didn’t see it again, until my 38th birthday. My mother asked me what I wanted, and I told her, “I’d like to have the ring Aunt Katie meant for me. I think I’m grown enough to care for it, now...lol!”
Sure enough, she got it out of the safe deposit box, along with other heirloom pieces. She asked me to take one last look to make sure that was the one I wanted (until the rest were to be passed down to me). I didn’t hesitate. The shield ring was what I wanted. She took it to the family jeweler to have it inspected and cleaned. I opened it on my 38th birthday.
It took a long time to get that pretty baby on my finger! Good things come to those who wait! :lol-2:
@Matthews1127 I'm glad your mom was smart enough to "hold on to her" for you! I've been stalking all over looking at shield rings, they really are amazing. Just found one today I liked. Le sigh. 20200504_201641.png

This 1920s Art Deco ring is so very me.
72C416D3-EF1F-4F4F-AECC-A9DE6F66B03E.jpeg

@elle_71125 Gorgeous! But you have something even more spectacular in the works!! (I cannot wait to see it!)

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium

@elizat I would love to see that stone by the way! The Clara is one of my favorite CvBs, but if you like onyx, what about the Zoe? 20200504_201809.png

@YadaYadaYada (that new name threw me off at first, like: who?) I think your ring is pretty darn close , and honestly, I like yours better!

@oodlesofpoodles Gah! Isn't it stunning? I can afford half, wanna time share? Lol

@Matthews1127 I'm glad your mom was smart enough to "hold on to her" for you! I've been stalking all over looking at shield rings, they really are amazing. Just found one today I liked. Le sigh. 20200504_201641.png

@elle_71125 Gorgeous! But you have something even more spectacular in the works!! (I cannot wait to see it!)

Absolutely breath-taking!!! ♥️

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@CHRISTY-DANIELLE Thanks so much, maybe bigger isn't always better (except for men ;-)

Your diamond ring is so amazing, like serious ring goals, how could you possibly even look at anything else :)

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@CHRISTY-DANIELLE Thanks so much, maybe bigger isn't always better (except for men ;-)

Your diamond ring is so amazing, like serious ring goals, how could you possibly even look at anything else :)

Oh, but I have a right hand I like to keep adorned, lol! (And now I have a band addiction, so bought yet another one , even though I said I wouldn't! )

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock

Me (in my dreams).

And this - I’m no halo person, but this is fabulous (also in my dreams).

Last edited:

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock

Love pearls & antique diamonds and big rings ! I would buy this ring except it is not practical for daily wear .

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
This one made my jaw drop when I saw it

I would be so down for ring sharing - but I'm afraid our ring sizes would not be compatible - we need to develop a snap on ring so that we can just snap on our base to the top and make it fit any size.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found one today, a deco ring with emeralds, diamonds and black enamel. I love the boldness, the geometric deco lines and it's got some of the most beautiful filigree details in the gallery! Emerald is my birthstone and I would love to have a bold emerald statement piece like this someday!
20200503_171347.jpg

I have been swooning over the bracelet that goes with your ring inspiration forever. It’s amazing, and amazingly priced

BE569A85-69E7-4A64-92C9-45B8F802C2EB.jpeg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been swooning over the bracelet that goes with your ring inspiration forever. It’s amazing, and amazingly priced

BE569A85-69E7-4A64-92C9-45B8F802C2EB.jpeg

The underside is dang near as neat and pretty as the topside :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results