carat
color
clarity

The "it's so ME" antique dream piece thread

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N this made me think of you!

Onyx and diamond pieces always make my heart go pitter-patter. :love: I'm not quite in the market yet, but thanks for thinking of me, lulu_ma!

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
It doesn't look like a missing diamond. If you zoom in, you can see the facets, it's just dark. If it was missing, we should've been able to see the line of the left opal as it goes right underneath, but we don't.

The green stone definitely appears to be absent, though.

<edit> Seems there's another green one missing:

fabulous-french-art-nouveau-opal-and-diamond-brooch_2_50-1-2354w.jpg

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesn't look like a missing diamond. If you zoom in, you can see the facets, it's just dark. If it was missing, we should've been able to see the line of the left opal as it goes right underneath, but we don't.

The green stone definitely appears to be absent, though.

<edit> Seems there's another green one missing:

fabulous-french-art-nouveau-opal-and-diamond-brooch_2_50-1-2354w.jpg

I think she’s referring to a missing diamond and setting. The left side has fewer diamonds (3) than the right (4). It looks like one of the halo diamonds may have broken off and they tried to move the ones near it closer together to make it a little less obvious.

Good catch on the missing green. This is like a high-end jewelry where’s Waldo :lol:

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
I think she’s referring to a missing diamond and setting. The left side has fewer diamonds (3) than the right (4). It looks like one of the halo diamonds may have broken off and they tried to move the ones near it closer together to make it a little less obvious.

Good catch on the missing green. This is like a high-end jewelry where’s Waldo :lol:

Ooh I see what you mean! I was too focused on looking for an empty setting, but it totally makes sense that the entire thing was removed. All other similar structures are surrounded by 10 diamonds, this is the only one that has 9 instead.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE onyx and diamonds together! We definitely needs pics!!!

Me too, especially vintage pieces but I have some modern opal and onyx earrings that I just love. I will definitely show pics when it gets here.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I love it so much.

Thanks! I had hand surgery 2 weeks ago. I get the stitches out later today and hopefully a much smaller bandage so I can wear this!

@Catmom speedy recovery!!

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!

LOL, I'm usually the jealous one.

I need to look at what I already have and tell myself, stop, you have enough!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results