shape
carat
color
clarity

The grass is always... A Green Stone Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Widget,

Thanks for all the tips on dealing with the e-vendors. The ring that you bought is a lot nicer than the one you posted from S J Phillips. I saw a nice Art Nouveau pin that I like on Nelson Rarities. I will give them a call. It''s hard to tell from the photo it''s original or reproduction. MS Rau listed prices are way too high but they do have nice things. I saw a pad sapphire similar to what I have in a Bucellatti setting for about 3X what I paid. The designer setting demands a premium, but it''s still way too much. I have a nice emerald ring set in a basic 3-stone setting with two trillion side stones, but I don''t have a decent photo that I can post.

Art Nouveau

widget

Ideal_Rock
I''m reallly confident that Nelson doesn''t carry antique reproductions...any contempory pieces they have would be on the the "Retro/Estate" page...

I''m SO GLAD now that that Philips ring was out of my price range!!
9.gif
The thing that attracted me to it was the clarity and sparkle of the emerald..

Ooooh...I wish you could post pictures of yours!!!

widget

PS: I know this is entirely "OFF TOPIC"...it''s not green...but look at what Nelson sold recently at a Florida antique show: 400+cts cushion&OMCs, circa 1890, provenance: Dutchess of Malta. Apparently it comes apart and becomes brooches, a pendant, and the band at the bottom can be worn as a ''dog collar''. HOWEVER did I let this one get away???
9.gif

diamond crown2.JPG

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Widget,

Attached is a photo of my emerald ring. The photo was taken before the invention of digital camera and I cannot make it sharper. The emerald is Columbian, ~4.4 carats and the diamonds are ~1.2 tw. I bought the ring back in the late 80s or early 90s.

Art Nouveau

emerald_an.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
mmmmwow...Gorgeous!

Thanks!

widget

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Sigh. I love vintage and antique jewelry. The nicest pieces have such incredible workmanship, especially considering it all had to be done by hand without CAD programs or anything! I''ve been looking at Georgian jewelry lately and marveling at how well some of those intricate pieces have held up.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Too bad PS doesn''t have a "Vintage/Antique" forum....I''d hang out there a lot!!!
3.gif

widget

icekid

Ideal_Rock
oh widget, i just checked into this thread for the first time in a few days... your new ring is GORGEOUS! like many of you, i am a green girl (with eyes to match!) and i would love something sparkly and green someday... though i am not sure which stone i will choose!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results