shape
carat
color
clarity

The Good News Thread

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Feeling very grateful today.

A few weeks ago I was invited to apply to become a Director (one of the Board of Directors) of the most prestigious representational art organization in North America. ("Representational" means realist and impressionist art, as opposed to abstract work.).

I can't name the organization because that would out me, but OMG this is big time! Every professional representational oil painter in the US and Canada knows this group.

Last night the Board voted me in unanimously!

I'm over the moon. I'm still pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

A few weeks ago I was invited to apply to become a Director (one of the Board of Directors) of the most prestigious representational art organization in North America. ("Representational" means realist and impressionist art, as opposed to abstract work.).

I can't name the organization because that would out me, but OMG this is big time! Every professional representational oil painter in the US and Canada knows this group.

How exciting for you! Congratulations!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock

Congrats! That’s so exciting!

Bunnie

Rough_Rock
Just started my first ever project with David Klass, very excited! Just a little sliding bezel pendant, made with the diamond from the first ring my fiancé ever gave me. Can’t wait to see what he draws up!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock

Congratulations Runningwithscissors! What an honor, and I am certain, very well deserved!!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Just started my first ever project with David Klass, very excited! Just a little sliding bezel pendant, made with the diamond from the first ring my fiancé ever gave me. Can’t wait to see what he draws up!

This sounds beautiful, and a perfect way to continue to wear the diamond from your first ring. Please share photos once done!

Bunnie

Rough_Rock
This sounds beautiful, and a perfect way to continue to wear the diamond from your first ring. Please share photos once done!

Thank you, I got a lot of inspiration from PS so of course I’ll have to come back and share! Hoping to have it finished by early January as a birthday present for myself.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter finished junior college. She is 20 years old and her degree is Computer Graphic Arts. She has been living on her own since May, paying all her own bills, utilities, rent, food and gas. I pay her cell phone bill which is only $20 BC it’s part of my family plan and her car insurance which is also about $60 a month since she is on our plan.
She works full time at Amazon but just got an internship at an Architectural firm.
if she stays at Amazon they will pay up to $12k of her college tuition at her new school. The architecture firm also said they would give college compensation.
Very happy that she is so motivated, self sufficient and seems to be doing what she loves.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missed this! Welcome to the world beautiful boy!

Well done Ma! How are you doing??

We're doing well overall, just stir crazy not being able to go anywhere or have any visitors. I miss work. Our baby still feels like a secret baby. No one really saw me pregnant, the person who's seen him the most is our letter carrier. It's a very odd time that's for sure. IMG_20210205_120647_727.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhh, I can understand that. It can be lonely having a baby at the best of times, let alone a pandemic. A secret baby. Keep a journal, maybe there's a book there.

He's a lovely little lad and no secret to us, cuz...he's a pricescope baby now :)

That's true! Many of you probably know him better than most of my family.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We're doing well overall, just stir crazy not being able to go anywhere or have any visitors. I miss work. Our baby still feels like a secret baby. No one really saw me pregnant, the person who's seen him the most is our letter carrier. It's a very odd time that's for sure. IMG_20210205_120647_727.jpg

Oh my goodness. He is absolutely precious. :love:
And lol on your secret baby. This whole year (and 2020) has been one big crazy year and think of the stories you are going to be able to share with your sweet little one.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness. He is absolutely precious. :love:
And lol on your secret baby. This whole year (and 2020) has been one big crazy year and think of the stories you are going to be able to share with your sweet little one.

Thank you! It certainly has been. I do think "COVID babies/Quarantine babies" will be a special sub generation type thing in the future.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gary gets his cataract op tomorrow
he has some unusal kind of cataract and its been a long dark journey for him caused by prolonged steriod eye drop use and hopefully the surgeon can also fix the original problem too where his eyes don't dilate due to an infection from his sarcadosis

the other eye needs done too but its going to be a harder and may require a trip to Wellington

So hopefully in a few days i won't have to be sitting here in the dark because the brightness won't hurt him any more

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The King of Prussia mall is about to become even more dangerous: a Blue Nile store is opening there this summer.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely bursting with happiness and excitement today, we got notified yesterday evening of the date for our interview at the US Embassy in London. It’s been a long wait, but hopefully not too much longer before we can join our son and daughter in law, and start the next phase of our lives.

It was topped off this morning with news that there’s progress on the house we’re buying, they’ve scraped the lot and started boarding ready for pouring the slab.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely bursting with happiness and excitement today, we got notified yesterday evening of the date for our interview at the US Embassy in London. It’s been a long wait, but hopefully not too much longer before we can join our son and daughter in law, and start the next phase of our lives.

It was topped off this morning with news that there’s progress on the house we’re buying, they’ve scraped the lot and started boarding ready for pouring the slab.

This is such great news @Austina!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results