shape
carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
That is a lovely flowing setting. Where did you come up with the idea? Can we see a picture of it not so close up to see how it looks on your hand?

shopping_queen

Rough_Rock
Is so nice!
1.gif

nhwhazup

Rough_Rock
I will take another photo on of the set on my hands today. I tried to use my daughter's digital camera yesterday and the batteries went dead......went on the charger overnight.

Man when I was messing aroundd before the batteries went dead I couldn't believe how old looking and wrinkled my hand looked on digital. Yaoweee, I guess I'll try out the wrinkle remover on my photo program before sending.
2.gif
9.gif

nhwhazup

Rough_Rock
Ok so here is my set on my wrinkled hand. To answer the question of how I came up with the design. Michael actually had a previous custom design very similar on his website (the other had a much bigger rock 1.75). So anyway I loved it and wanted him to go with that design but in proportion to my 1.07 diamond and also asked him to work on a matching wedding band. Originally he tried to come up with a band that would encompass a small accent diamond that was my mom's. But the flow didn't quite work and didn't add anything to the set. So he came up with the off centered band that hugs the lines of the engagement ring. I love the tiffany style rings also but had one for years and wanted something unique with a wider look that wasn't too busy and a design that didn't take away from my diamond. As I mentioned before, I looked for over a year before I found a designer that I liked. We went with a 900 plat/100 iridium alloy as I wanted to keep the more high polished look. I am extremely happy with the wear of this alloy (very similar to my previous white gold).

101_0107.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sheila,

Your hands look *beautiful*, 25 years younger than *mine* look and your stone looks like a 3 carat! Is that the 1.07? If so, please tell me all your secrets, both about keeping youthful and making diamonds look bigger ;-).

Deb

read.gif

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Sheila,

I'm with AGBF, it looks big on your hand, what size is it and what size ring finger do you have and how long is your finger?

nhwhazup

Rough_Rock
Here is another photo minus Ziggy (our dog) in the background. He always likes to be right in the action.

You guys are going to laugh, but I did go in on the last photo and erase out some wrinkles. This one is the true look with no touch-ups.

Anyway to answer your questions AGBF and Lanee....yes, the diamond is just a 1.07 round. It has a pretty wide spread in the table but thankfully not out of the cut range where it loses sparkle and fire. It scores 1.8 on the HCA. It is a sparkly diamond and I always received lots of compliments on it. In this new setting it does appear much larger. My daughter when she saw it said it looked like I have a "big rock". I think the umphier setting gives it a larger look. No problem with that though. The rings are sized at just shy of 6. Have no idea the length of my fingers.

This site is awesome to look at all the neat designs and diamonds.

newphoto.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice setting!!

Bezel set diamonds or diamonds with metal around them (esp platinum) make the stone itself look bigger!! Much bigger! There was a girl on the plane with us recently and it looked like she had at least a 2.5c stone but it was partial bezel set..kind of like what cowboy stu did recently, not entirely bezel but enough metal to add alot of oomph and whiteness to the stone itself. It could have been a 1.5c for all I know..it just looked HUGE in that setting. Definitely gave me food for thought, HA HA!!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Ooo...That is a cool setting. I love the way the wedding band fits the engagement ring. Beautiful!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
I'm delighted to have stumbled upon this thread. All the rings here are such a treat to my eyes! Thanks all for sharing.
1.gif

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Sheila,

It looks bigger on your hand that I imagined. It looks great.

diamonds_and_cats

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous rings everyone! I love this thread!
Here's mine...please excuse the bad pics. I'm still experimenting with the digital camera
rolleyes.gif

Center stone = 2.32 ct Oval J Vs1
side stones = .38 ct(.76 ctw) Pear G SI1
setting = white gold
Yikes! I need some work with the photo editor that came with the camera! Sorry that is so BIG!
eek.gif

Dscf0018.jpg

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
OK here goes...first post with pics...hope this works (crossing my fingers)...

I apologize for the fuzzy picture quality, I think you'll get the idea, though.

DVatche, 1ct center stone with pear sides (approx. .25 each).

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
confused.gif
cry.gif

Waaah. I don't know how to post pictures!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Oh gosh, oh gosh, I hope this works...trying again...this should be the e-ring portion (if this worked--crossing fingers again)...

ering2.jpg

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Yaaay! Here it is again with the matching band (.52 ctw band).

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a *beautiful* ring! If you CAN get better pictures at some point I would like to see it in more detail!

read.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi AGBF!
wavey.gif
Thanks for your kinds words. Those photos were p-r-e-t-t-y bad, huh? I'll keep working the macro mode...I'm determined to get better pics...sometime.
9.gif

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Gorgeous ring! I want to see better pics too!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How's this?

Kmomsring.jpeg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the set!

kmomsweddingset2.jpeg

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, what would I do without you, AGBF?? Hugs to you! You did wonders with that color. Thank you!!
appl.gif

diamonds_and_cats

Rough_Rock
Wow! Kamuelamom that set is gorgeous! Was it purchased as a set or was the band custom made? (If it was custom made, may I ask by whom? I'm looking for something similar
naughty.gif
)

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Newest attempt...ering

The story: This wedding set was actually an anniversary gift last year. DH and I could not afford anything like this when we first got married, so we waited until the time was right. It came 12 1/2 years and 3 children later, and the wait was worth every minute. My children and DH (the *real* jewels of my life) presented it to me on a fine summer day last year 2002. It was a moment I'll never forget.

ering1a.jpg

Mexi

Shiny_Rock
KMom: I love your set - especially how your band bends around your ering.
love.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 7/4/2003 9
6.gif
1:34 PM Mexi wrote:

KMom: I love your set - especially how your band bends around your ering.
love.gif

----------------

Hey thanks Mexi, it's real great to see you here!
wavey.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
K-mom,

I agree with the others that the set is exceptionally beautiful. The two most recent pictures really show how gorgeous it is. The effect of the bands together is "lacy", a look I really love. One sees diamonds, not metal. I am also very partial to rings with center stones framed by smaller pears, rounds, and hearts.

Like you, I waited for "real" diamonds. (My e-ring did have two 1 point diamonds, but that wasn't an engagement ring like those of my aunt or brother's wife or cousins. They all had 1/4 carat or 1/3 carat...*real* diamonds!)

I love diamonds, but-like you-feel the most precious gift I have ever received is my daughter.

Deb

read.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The following PICTURE WERE posted by Author: Cerealcity
Scott Kay Setting

cerealcitydcdscottkaysetting.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results