shape
carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

Avelle29

Rough_Rock
Thank you Daisygrl! =)2

hi Anastasia, yes it is a rose gold band, you have great eyes! It’s a petite 1.4mm band from etsy. Although I may head over to the latest purchase forum to browse for a new band inspiration. I was thinking of CVB hand carved in RG to go with this ring. Thank you

Estrella185

Rough_Rock
My ring came in today, and I love it. I think this may be the FIRST TIME ever I'm thinking "did I go too big?" It's just day 1 and I feel like this is huge on me, so not sure if and when shrinkage will set in :) It's 2.4ct set on 1.8mm band, size 4.25. It's a bit of an upgrade from my previous 1.79ct.

I've enjoyed so so so many beautiful posts on PS, thanks for all the pics. This might be my first pic I'm sharing and happy to make this debut. I have seen amazing blings on here before but to have actually put on 2+ size myself takes some getting used to.

Anyways, thank you and in words of Pete the Cat, "Rock on!"
It looks so pretty and classic and honestly doesn’t look too big. Looks like the perfect size! Enjoy and congrats !!

AnastasiaBeaverhausen

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @AnastasiaBeaverhausen ! I honestly don't know exactly except to say square cut. I had a couple of estate jewelers look at it and I was told it is a very well made old piece, probably African rubies....if that means something:)

So cool that it sounds like a true vintage piece. I can't tell the diff between french cut, carre cut, etc. either. I just know I love em all!

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
So cool that it sounds like a true vintage piece. I can't tell the diff between french cut, carre cut, etc. either. I just know I love em all!

They look carre cut but either way - absolutely beautiful band and love it with your solitaire!

Thank you so much @Cerulean !! Good to know! It is a true vintage piece that I just stumbled upon. I got lucky. The guy I bought it from was a little cranky but has been in the estate jewelery biz forever. He had very little patience for my questions :)

AnastasiaBeaverhausen

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much @Cerulean !! Good to know! It is a true vintage piece that I just stumbled upon. I got lucky. The guy I bought it from was a little cranky but has been in the estate jewelery biz forever. He had very little patience for my questions :)

Lol a bit of crankiness is so much easier to deal with if it means we'll get a good deal on a nice piece, amirite?

Moonie

Shiny_Rock
I can add, my 10 year upgrade (which ended up being 11 years, 3 years married). Started with an light blue sapphire ring and finally got a diamond omc 3.6ct M SI2!

IMG_20210307_122913_627.jpg
Screenshot_20210306-172755_Gallery.jpg

Beautiful and chunky OMC! Is this a bezel setting? I love the antique feel of the ring.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful and chunky OMC! Is this a bezel setting? I love the antique feel of the ring.

Thank you so much! I love the antique vibes so it was only fitting given the age of the omc. Its actually a faux bezel with prongs. It's not a real bezel but I tried to give it extra real estate and even out its wonkiness.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @Dandi and fellow Aussie! I wouldn't have been able to do this without all the inspiration from PS'ers. I'm a sucker for engraving lol even for a simple setting like mine, the engraving gives it so much depth.

Papillion

Rough_Rock
I can add, my 10 year upgrade (which ended up being 11 years, 3 years married). Started with an light blue sapphire ring and finally got a diamond omc 3.6ct M SI2!

IMG_20210307_122913_627.jpg
Screenshot_20210306-172755_Gallery.jpg

Beautiful engraving, and I love the chunky old mine cut and the sort of fish scales look of the gallery. A beautiful design. Who is the jeweler?

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    The Jewelry of Bling Empire
    The Jewelry of Bling Empire
    April Birthstone 2021 - Diamond
    April Birthstone 2021 - Diamond
    SAG Awards 2021
    SAG Awards 2021

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.