shape
carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

jinshil

Rough_Rock
20180724_120151.jpg 20180714_153458.jpg
My wedding band is in! I absolutely LOVE IT!! Love the mismatch look. Its perfect to me
This band!! LOVE Do you mind sharing who made it?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
F30BEC57-2821-4BD1-8758-49881B907313.jpeg

I think I may have the title for longest wait for an ER - only 40 years - but boy was it worth the wait :lol:

Bella, 4.56ct L VS1 OEC with a plain 2mm platinum band.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, Love your ring! More pics please!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh Wow @ZestfullyBling :love: Those diamond drops are just delicious :lickout: Please share details!!!!

Voldemort

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Triumvirate. Center diamond (4.01ct I VS1) by WhiteFlash. Settings by DKJ.

20180831_114022.jpg

20180831_114003.jpg
Because it's amazing as you are.. ;)2

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina This ring is so perfect for you. And a whole carat for each decade! Definitely worth the wait!

@mrs-b Are you wearing all 3 rings together? They are SO beautiful. Can we have a hand shot?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina This ring is so perfect for you. And a whole carat for each decade! Definitely worth the wait!

@mrs-b Are you wearing all 3 rings together? They are SO beautiful. Can we have a hand shot?

@Alex T -

Well, here's the deal....

I decided the stone was just too warm for me. So I downgraded considerably in size, and went up a lot in color. I went from a 4.01ct I VS1 to a 3.05ct F VS2. It's about 1mm less in diameter.

I also bought a lovely pair of matching ACA sidestones - each .625ct - and I'm going back to what my heart loves; a 3 stone setting.

I'm also buying a lovely rich green tourmaline to put in the halo setting. I'll wear that with my holly band, so everything should look very green and lush for that setting. :)) As well as that, I'm having a 9 stone ring made with 10 pt stones to wear with the 3 stone. Everything in my new set will be E/F in color - so, very white.

Apart from the color, which bothered me, I discovered that the reason I've never had a halo before...is because they're not really to my taste. It ended up just looking like a big dot on my finger. I think the green stone in the halo will look very different and I expect to like it a lot. But on my hand, a big dot, surrounded by another circle, was just...meh.

So all that to say - it's gone.

On the other hand (or the same one, depending on how you look at it!) I'm seriously crushing on my new stones and their proportions. I know for SURE that I love a 3 stone ring, so I feel quite confident about where this is all heading. As I've always said - make three, keep 2, remake 1.

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thank you! It is my 1.85 ct :D

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alex T -

I decided the stone was just too warm for me. So I downgraded considerably in size, and went up a lot in color. I went from a 4.01ct I VS1 to a 3.05ct F VS2. It's about 1mm less in diameter.

I also bought a lovely pair of matching ACA sidestones - each .625ct - and I'm going back to what my heart loves; a 3 stone setting.

I'm also buying a lovely rich green tourmaline to put in the halo setting. I'll wear that with my holly band, so everything should look very green and lush for that setting. :)) As well as that, I'm having a 9 stone ring made with 10 pt stones to wear with the 3 stone. Everything in my new set will be E/F in color - so, very white.

Apart from the color, which bothered me, I discovered that the reason I've never had a halo before...is because they're not really to my taste. It ended up just looking like a big dot on my finger. I think the green stone in the halo will look very different and I expect to like it a lot. But on my hand, a big dot, surrounded by another circle, was just...meh.

So all that to say - it's gone.

On the other hand (or the same one, depending on how you look at it!) I'm seriously crushing on my new stones and their proportions. I know for SURE that I love a 3 stone ring, so I feel quite confident about where this is all heading. As I've always said - make three, keep 2, remake 1.

:O

That will be an amazing 3-stone!

I just looked up pricing for a 4ct I ACA... so yeah, that upgrade will never happen, haha.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:O

That will be an amazing 3-stone!

I just looked up pricing for a 4ct I ACA... so yeah, that upgrade will never happen, haha.

@HappyNewLife -

The price for my 4.01 I VS1 and my 3.05 F VS2 was virtually identical. I'd love to upgrade all 3 stones by a little in the coming years (.75 / 3.5 / .75), but it will take a LOT of money to do that. So we'll see. I'd love to get to a 5ctw 3 stone - it's not a thing you often see, especially not in F/VS stats.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@HappyNewLife -

The price for my 4.01 I VS1 and my 3.05 F VS2 was virtually identical. I'd love to upgrade all 3 stones by a little in the coming years (.75 / 3.5 / .75), but it will take a LOT of money to do that. So we'll see. I'd love to get to a 5ctw 3 stone - it's not a thing you often see, especially not in F/VS stats.

Do you have the 3ct in your possession yet? I'm wondering if going down an entire carat after having a 4 carat would be hard. It's nuts how much upgrades cost! Hopefully diamond prices come down at some point.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@HappyNewLife -

I do - and it's gorgeous.

3ct is still a very large diamond, and I'm fine with that as a size. With sides, it's almost 20.5mm in spread, so if I ever *do* go up a little, that will be the farthest I could go anyway.

The 4ct stone was gorgeous - absolutely beautiful. And if warmth didn't bother me, I would have kept it in a heartbeat. But I do have an upper limit as to what I think looks aesthetically pleasing on my finger, and I think 10.35mm might have been rocking the edges a trifle. I like seeing the sides of the ring, and I've never been fond of just one big circle. If I could go back and do it all over again, I'd do a cushion or an EC; I just find the shape more interesting. That's probably why 3 stones have always been so appealing to me; it uses circles, but the overall shape is a left to right stretch, which I really like.

So all that to say, I prefer the stone I now have, and will also prefer the ring these stones make. And I'm not ruling out going up again in the future. But it will be another F colored stone, and it will be around the 3.5ct mark.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@HappyNewLife -

I do - and it's gorgeous.

3ct is still a very large diamond, and I'm fine with that as a size. With sides, it's almost 20.5mm in spread, so if I ever *do* go up a little, that will be the farthest I could go anyway.

The 4ct stone was gorgeous - absolutely beautiful. And if warmth didn't bother me, I would have kept it in a heartbeat. But I do have an upper limit as to what I think looks aesthetically pleasing on my finger, and I think 10.35mm might have been rocking the edges a trifle. I like seeing the sides of the ring, and I've never been fond of just one big circle. If I could go back and do it all over again, I'd do a cushion or an EC; I just find the shape more interesting. That's probably why 3 stones have always been so appealing to me; it uses circles, but the overall shape is a left to right stretch, which I really like.

So all that to say, I prefer the stone I now have, and will also prefer the ring these stones make. And I'm not ruling out going up again in the future. But it will be another F colored stone, and it will be around the 3.5ct mark.

yay! I'm glad you're happy! I can't wait to see the newest member of the mrs-b family!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alex T -

Say it ain't so, @mrs-b!!! :( I freaking LOVED that diamond!! That size would be my holy grail! Do you think the yellow gold made it look more tinted? Was it a "low I"... or maybe you're just more color sensitive? Please help me understand... I'm in mourning for this ring. :(

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww - I'm sorry, @msop04!

I haven't thrown out the setting, or anything heinous like that. I'm in the process of buying a truly stunning 5.3ct tourmaline to put in it.

As for the diamond - it was awesome. I suspect if I'd never put it in a halo, I would have kept it as a soli and not traded it in. But I *did* put it in a halo, I *did* see the tint, and then I *couldn't* unsee it.

My new diamond is really clean and white. You don't often see large diamonds in the colorless range, so I'm pretty chuffed. And since you're in mourning, let me give you a progress-almost-finished shot to perhaps ease your pain, or at least distract you a tiny bit!

ETA It's an F VS2 3.05ct with 2 x .62.5. 4.3ct in total, all ACAs.

DKJPV_1011_TTTS-1.jpg

DKJPV_1011_TTTS-2.jpg

DKJPV_1011_TTTS-3.jpg

DKJPV_1011_TTTS-4.jpg

DKJPV_1011_TTTS-5.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new diamond is really clean and white. You don't often see large diamonds in the colorless range, so I'm pretty chuffed. And since you're in mourning, let me give you a progress-almost-finished shot to perhaps ease your pain, or at least distract you a tiny bit!

ETA It's an F VS2 3.05ct with 2 x .62.5. 4.3ct in total, all ACAs.

DKJPV_1011_TTTS-1.jpg

DKJPV_1011_TTTS-2.jpg

DKJPV_1011_TTTS-3.jpg

DKJPV_1011_TTTS-4.jpg

DKJPV_1011_TTTS-5.jpg

Thanks, @mrs-b! That does help my pain and suffering. ;-) I really love the setting and the way the side stones are tucked under. The proportions are perfection! When creating this, did you ever worry about the side stones only having a prong and a groove holding them... as in potential to lose one or even damage to the exposed girdle?? I absolutely love the look of it, but I'm rough on rings, so... ya know. ;-) It's soooo pretty!!

Last edited:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh!! I forgot to ask who did the setting?? DK again? @mrs-b

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh!! I forgot to ask who did the setting?? DK again? @mrs-b

Yes, DKJ did the setting and I did the design. I don't really worry about the durability of my rings - I'm very light and easy on jewelry and have never broken or really bumped anything. Like - ever. Losing something is more my speed! :- /

And I *just* received a text from Amy as I've been talking to you, and she's coming over this evening to drop it off. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results