shape
carat
color
clarity

The Evolution of (YOUR) Style

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
58B880E0-D27C-4F75-AF9C-676BD3568528.jpeg I’m very new to Pricescope..so never knew anything about AVR’s and OEC’s..I’m hoping to get one soon. I have a ton of jewelry but no antiques although I’ve always loved antique settings. I have one antique diamond ring from my grandma but the setting is in rough shape and it’s a size five. I’ve taken it to many jewelers and they say the setting is too brittle to resize. I don’t think the diamond is the best but I would love to reset it..otherwise it will just continue to sit in my jewelry box. I was thinking of finding an antique setting on eBay and having it reset.

justpeachy

Shiny_Rock
This is currently my entire collection. Much much smaller, but ten times more meaningful. Eventually when funds allow it, my dream would be to own anything with an AVC over 1ct, as I've never owned anything over 1/2ct center stone. But for now I'm happy. =)2

Coming out of lurking to say that I love admiring your collection from afar. I'm a RG lover, too, and the meaning behind some of your pieces is just so special! My favorite is the necklace. It's also nice to see such wonderful pieces that are .5 and below, as none of mine exceed 1ct as well.

justpeachy

Shiny_Rock
I've been into jewelry since I was a child, and my mom and grandmother were/are as well. So I have some beautiful children's pieces with pearls, emeralds, rubies, diamonds (my birthstone), and some vintage tiffanys. They're all in YG (my mother's preference) except the tiffany silver. I look forward to passing those on to my daughter when she gets a little older.

In my teens I worked at a jewelry shop to pay for my trinkets, learn about the pieces, and get a nice discount. Everything was WG and colored stones- mostly tanzanite. I kept a purple color scheme lol. One ring per hand with a colored center stone was my go-to.

Once I hit my 20s and 30s I began to mix WG and plat with a heavy dose of RG, and phased out wearing all my colored stones. Something about mixing in color bothers me now. Lots of stackers- I'd have 10+ rings on at any time. My wedding band was RG, and e-ring white so I consider myself fully committed to mixing those two tones :P2

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Coming out of lurking to say that I love admiring your collection from afar. I'm a RG lover, too, and the meaning behind some of your pieces is just so special! My favorite is the necklace. It's also nice to see such wonderful pieces that are .5 and below, as none of mine exceed 1ct as well.
I wish I could have "loved" your comment instead of "liked" it!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I also love smaller stones!!!

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I started out many, many years ago with a blue topaz engagement ring. I lost it and we replaced it with a white gold emerald 3 stone. I have come to learn that I prefer warmer diamonds and that I prefer old cuts. More specifically I adore rose cuts. I love art deco and geometrical shapes. I lean towards yellow gold, but love to mix it with platinum. Here are a few of my changes . I seem to always be drawn toward antiques, deco, old cuts and interesting lines. French Cuts are one of my favorites and I have several bands. I also love intricate engraving. Definitely different than my original taste.

The beginning:
20140112_162510_zpsce31c346.jpg
My original Rose Cut Setting:
20160531_123205_zpsmkvqycmx 2.jpg
2nd Rose Cut Setting:
20161117_161849.jpg
3rd time was almost a charm:
20171124_143750_20171201201917735.jpg
Final Rosie Setting:
20180710_102701.jpg IMG-20180706-WA0001.jpg
Waiting on this right hand stack:
Screenshot_20180804-181059.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
58B880E0-D27C-4F75-AF9C-676BD3568528.jpeg I’m very new to Pricescope..so never knew anything about AVR’s and OEC’s..I’m hoping to get one soon. I have a ton of jewelry but no antiques although I’ve always loved antique settings. I have one antique diamond ring from my grandma but the setting is in rough shape and it’s a size five. I’ve taken it to many jewelers and they say the setting is too brittle to resize. I don’t think the diamond is the best but I would love to reset it..otherwise it will just continue to sit in my jewelry box. I was thinking of finding an antique setting on eBay and having it reset.

Very pretty ring. You could reach out to David Klass and see if he can re-shank the ring. This would allow you to keep the ring design as is but size it to the size you need.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty ring. You could reach out to David Klass and see if he can re-shank the ring. This would allow you to keep the ring design as is but size it to the size you need.
Thank you..I will do that..I did ask about reshanking the ring to many jewelers. They wouldn’t touch it. I would love to be able to keep most of the design..I mentioned cutting the sides and flattening them so it would be easier to put on a new shank. I know the ring isn’t worth that much but it has lots of sentimental value because it was my grandma’s.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you..I will do that..I did ask about reshanking the ring to many jewelers. They wouldn’t touch it. I would love to be able to keep most of the design..I mentioned cutting the sides and flattening them so it would be easier to put on a new shank. I know the ring isn’t worth that much but it has lots of sentimental value because it was my grandma’s.
David Klass re-finished a wedding band for me. I literally went to three other jewellers first and no one would touch it. He is the only jeweler I'll go to know for any work or custom. He's always done a fantastic job! =)2

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I blame PS for me wanting bigger, better and more both in diamonds and colored gemstones. At first you just want everything because you see the beautiful diamond and gemstone pieces of other members. But with that said I have been able to pare down my collection to pieces that really mean something to me and I have kept what I believe is the best of my collection. And I just say no to any want I have that I cannot pay in cash.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started out many, many years ago with a blue topaz engagement ring. I lost it and we replaced it with a white gold emerald 3 stone. I have come to learn that I prefer warmer diamonds and that I prefer old cuts. More specifically I adore rose cuts. I love art deco and geometrical shapes. I lean towards yellow gold, but love to mix it with platinum. Here are a few of my changes . I seem to always be drawn toward antiques, deco, old cuts and interesting lines. French Cuts are one of my favorites and I have several bands. I also love intricate engraving. Definitely different than my original taste.

The beginning:
20140112_162510_zpsce31c346.jpg
My original Rose Cut Setting:
20160531_123205_zpsmkvqycmx 2.jpg
2nd Rose Cut Setting:
20161117_161849.jpg
3rd time was almost a charm:
20171124_143750_20171201201917735.jpg
Final Rosie Setting:
20180710_102701.jpg IMG-20180706-WA0001.jpg
Waiting on this right hand stack:
Screenshot_20180804-181059.jpg

I have to ask: what did you do with your EC trio?

LOVE LOVE LOVE your most recent Rose Cut projects with Caysie!! I’ve been wondering who was working with Caysie on that Rosie set (last photo)! So beautiful & unique!!! :love:

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have to ask: what did you do with your EC trio?

LOVE LOVE LOVE your most recent Rose Cut projects with Caysie!! I’ve been wondering who was working with Caysie on that Rosie set (last photo)! So beautiful & unique!!! :love:

I put the emerald trio away for the kids when they get older. They can keep as is or reset. They are great stones.

Thank you! I adore rose cuts and having a trillion was a bonus

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I put the emerald trio away for the kids when they get older. They can keep as is or reset. They are great stones.

Thank you! I adore rose cuts and having a trillion was a bonus

Great idea to pass your EC’s down!! Mine will go to my daughter! :mrgreen2:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My tastes have changed dramatically over the past 10 years or so, I loved chunky yellow gold jewellery and wearing multiple pieces all at once, including rings on several fingers. I only wore yellow gold...I had a couple of really chunky bracelets, a chunky necklace, a few bangles, several watches, a tennis bracelet, several chains with different pendants, LOTS of earrings, diamond earring jackets, my 3-stone e-ring with different stackers, a few rings that I interchanged with my e-ring, and several RHRs.

Over the past few years I discovered a new love for rose gold, and I also found that I was stacking up my 3-stone e-ring with various bands because I was trying to compensate for what I REALLY wanted - more finger coverage in the form of a blingy 5-stone, in rose gold. So I sold absolutely EVERYTHING except the e-ring, my eternity RHR, my 'baby ring' (a yellow diamond in a halo from DBL), my diamond studs and my diamond tennis bracelet. The money I accumulated as I sold off most of my stuff funded my e-ring remake into a 5-stone (incorporating my studs with the 3 diamonds from my then 3-stone), and the acquisition of a few new rose gold pieces.

I now have my 5-stone e-ring, plain RG wedding band, diamond eternity RHR, 'baby' halo RHR, my tennis bracelet, a RG bangle, my 'mother's necklace' in RG, a pair of RG and diamond scatter hoops (first ear piercing holes), pearl studs, a pair of small diamond studs (second holes) and a pair of RG ball studs (3rd holes). I occasionally swap out the hoops for the pearls, swap the two RHRs as I feel like it, and swap between the bangle and tennis bracelet, so pretty much wear everything I have...as opposed to when my collection was 4 times as large and very few pieces got worn! I have also decided I hate wearing watches, and now only like rings on my ring finger. I now much prefer fewer, but finer, high quality pieces.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And pics of course!

38693296_488662321596547_4042690443270422528_n.jpg

E-ring and wedding band in rose gold, full eternity and DBL halo in white gold. I really love prong set diamonds, with the prongs in white gold, but any 'bare' metal in rose gold.

38515450_2185920028308962_670191361202323456_n.jpg

Garnet and diamond halo studs, super cute diamond flower studs, rose gold ball studs and rose gold diamond scatter hoops.

38509658_646055375767813_3377297337926811648_n.jpg

Rose gold bangle, diamond tennis bracelet in white gold, three tone 'mother's pendant' on a rose gold chain.

Such a far cry from the 40+ pieces I used to own and never wore!

scoutfinch

Shiny_Rock
@HS4S_2 Wonderful to see all of your rosie settings. I just realized that the final setting with sapphires is your same rosie! What a transformation! Each so lovely. I'm falling in love with rosies!

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock
I mostly wear my AVR ring on a daily basis. The others get worn occasionally. Some I can wear on my right hand, too. I justify having them because I have two daughters and 2 granddaughters! Otherwise I doubt I'd keep this many diamond rings!

Awww, don’t say that, @diamondseeker2006 ! I have two sons, one nephew, and only one niece — how am I going to justify keeping my collection?! :lol:

As background, I was not interested in jewelry *at all* until after I had my second son in 2014. I was engaged in 2004 with a simple sapphire ring and really never wore jewelry (not even my engagement and wedding rings) until after I had kids. I’m really quite happy with my collection now and haven’t bought anything in a while now, and I’m not even feeling any itch to upgrade anything!

40F886C4-7587-40AB-8DCB-A53D90D9F9EF.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, don’t say that, @diamondseeker2006 ! I have two sons, one nephew, and only one niece — how am I going to justify keeping my collection?! :lol:

As background, I was not interested in jewelry *at all* until after I had my second son in 2014. I was engaged in 2004 with a simple sapphire ring and really never wore jewelry (not even my engagement and wedding rings) until after I had kids. I’m really quite happy with my collection now and haven’t bought anything in a while now, and I’m not even feeling any itch to upgrade anything!

40F886C4-7587-40AB-8DCB-A53D90D9F9EF.jpeg

Oh, you never know how many little girls might be in your future!:bigsmile:

You have a beautiful collection! I like your variety of diamond rings. I find it impossible to limit it to just one!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9B192328-10C9-40F0-9356-44D10E7D59BC.jpeg 77BEBF61-968B-4E1E-AD19-220C4D6016F6.jpeg A9B36451-3401-440F-BE10-3E909F0F8B59.jpeg E0139E41-2D3D-4168-87CD-3DCC1CC70FBF.jpeg 6A3988F5-2A05-44A0-B72F-678915CC5995.jpeg
Top to bottom are oldest to most exent. We’ll play “just “ what I’d considered my “engagement ring” and I’ve had a number of othe rings

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the first piece of fine jewelry I chose for myself; I was around 6-7 years old. It’s a ruby with a tiny diamond. My mom had a few projects with a jeweler and she took me with her a lot. I was surprised she agreed when I asked her if I could have this. I never wore it but I loved looking at it, and it lived in my pink plastic jewelry box with a twirling ballerina.
9225610C-42C0-48FC-BEF9-E364214AD6FC.jpeg

Some things I treasured in my 20s:
548B6B3A-5593-44B4-8E64-BEE56FBF44F5.jpeg FB617BA4-D8A8-48EF-9E8E-0F184938080B.jpeg B780EC55-BCAD-43FC-9033-44116DD5FD28.jpeg D7ED4D1A-ECE0-411C-B03C-6A3EAF6D9F8A.jpeg

Things I love now:
0A928DBB-AA51-471C-805E-338002EE5C59.jpeg 9D948644-0236-4C97-98B6-2A78FB86967C.jpeg 410CAA53-B186-4150-B03D-1F4015238944.jpeg 50CF7A6E-5498-4126-A320-740B6A8E5998.jpeg
DF7549A0-B030-4FD7-9EB0-8FD426FFFB0D.jpeg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I blame PS for me wanting bigger, better and more both in diamonds and colored gemstones. At first you just want everything because you see the beautiful diamond and gemstone pieces of other members. But with that said I have been able to pare down my collection to pieces that really mean something to me and I have kept what I believe is the best of my collection. And I just say no to any want I have that I cannot pay in cash.

Same. I have definitely gotten bigger and bigger and slowly went from colored stones to more diamonds. At that stage of paring down now to my “classics”. So pieces with high quality stones and a lot of impact or sentimental value. I only have so many fingers!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
HOW did I miss this thread!!!?
I love all the pictures!

I have had lots of styles over the years. I have always sold one to buy the next unless I just couldn't part with it for sentimental reasons.
There are a few I never did. I havnt had any rings art deco style. No ovals ( couldn't find one without a bowtie that I loved). No cushion, trillion or heart shaped center stone rings either. I haven't had a solid rose gold setting. I wanted a HUGE 3 stone ring for a long time. One that would look just ridiculously big. The biggest I ever had was a 2.5 ct. It never cut it for me and I sold it.
Even though settings and diamonds have changed, I have always loved wearing my solitaire rings daily. There has always been a love for a simple setting with one beautiful diamond at the center.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
My style hasn't changed a whole lot over the years. I still prefer yellow gold, and like organic but contemporary designs. What has happened with now 4 of my rings that I've had for years and years, was to have the stones taken out and replaced with super-ideals. That's how I ended up with a decently but not great cut like this one that was unemployed.

Diamond-Knife-Flash-70.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First of all wowza:kiss2: What amazing diamonds and settings and jewelry y'all have posted. Pricescopers have the very best in bling and this is truly bling heaven.:halo:

Before PS: very little bling. Just what my parents bought me in the 70s-mainly yellow gold earrings and rings and necklaces (none of which I really wore on any regular basis) and what my dh (boyfriend at the time) bought me while we were dating. White gold bracelets and necklaces and some earrings. Again I rarely wore any bling. Never was a jewelry wearer. No photos of bling sadly from this time.

But then we got engaged and I started becoming bling obsessed with diamonds and settings. I quickly realized the ring my dh proposed with did not fit my aesthetic. Didn't know why or what I was looking for but I started searching to reset the original ER (before we got married haha) but I was not computer literate and had never used one at the time so I was limited in my search and reset options. We did my first (very pricey and stupid ) reset with a local jeweler. Hated the ring still. My (very patient) dh searched online and found Pricescope and helped me become computer literate and I got my first (IBM PC) computer woohoo and voila. Pricescope became my new daily passion.

After (and still on) Pricescope: I finally found my aesthetic. Old Cut diamonds are for me where it is at and I upgraded from my modern RB to an OEC and reset into an antique platinum solitaire setting and am happy.
Stay tuned as there might be some changes on the way...one's style is always evolving after all.:whistle:

beainjewelrybox.jpg.png

and just an example of my earring aesthetic...romantic chunky dangles are my fave.

chunkypeardanglesfromlang.jpg

Please keep posting and as we like to say here-
457492dro0rb016c.gif

1237379fdqxrvb3f5.gif

Forgot to update this thread as promised...though I think many of you have already seen the "evolution" of my style...:sun:
Setting is (most likely) temporary but stone is hopefully permanent!

bubbalahandbandinbox.jpg

From 2 years ago when I first saw Bubbalah. Here she is with Be(ll)a. Both diamonds delicious (despite the crappy quick photos and lighting at the antique show).

C59EC9B4-F08D-485C-A907-82A8E5C0CA8D.jpeg

And Bubbalah now.

06EEAD42-7D7A-48D4-8A1A-EBA5DE592943.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Forgot to update this thread as promised...though I think many of you have already seen the "evolution" of my style...:sun:
Setting is (most likely) temporary but stone is hopefully permanent!

bubbalahandbandinbox.jpg

From 2 years ago when I first saw Bubbalah. Here she is with Be(ll)a. Both diamonds delicious (despite the crappy quick photos and lighting at the antique show).

C59EC9B4-F08D-485C-A907-82A8E5C0CA8D.jpeg

And Bubbalah now.

06EEAD42-7D7A-48D4-8A1A-EBA5DE592943.jpeg
She’s mesmerizing..I just stare at her like I’m in a trance. I don’t know how you get anything done!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She’s mesmerizing..I just stare at her like I’m in a trance. I don’t know how you get anything done!

Hahaha I won't lie...I am staring at her right now and she does slow me down. She is really something special though I know I am biased. I am smitten with this kitten of big bright cool chunky faceting goodness. I am fully and completely in love with her.
love1.gif

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am loving all of the gorgeous contributions!!! Keep ‘em coming. :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results