shape
carat
color
clarity

The eagle has landed!

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
Well... almost!

My first two spinel purchases arrived today and I was like a kid in a candy store when I saw the envelope!

No, they aren't some magnificent precision cut stones, I'm not quite there yet, but I DID figure out what I want for my E-ring, now I just have to find the size.

I've gone back and forth from lighter to darker stones in just seeing them online, but after receiving this little guy today, and actually seeing the light versus dark in my hand.... I'm hooked. At a mere $3.26, (and even an SI 1) I've confirmed at the very least that I love the pale lavender/silvery shade.

I've got 4 more coming in various colors but was always wondering if a pale mint green exists?
I'd like to see that too and I'm afraid that the ones I've seen are just white/clear with a cast from fluorescent lighting maybe?

Anyway, nothing incredible about this for the major league players here, but thought I'd share in case anyone knows or sees something similar that can be re-cut for a 7-8 mm asscher. (I'm still in touch with Jerry and spoke to him today... he's looking for me as well)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=220781101784&si=ioLPAyYVECTThHZC5rSNuxKJr%252Fc%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

It's crazy to be so excited over a little- not so perfect but beautiful sparkle. *swoons*

T

talamasca

I can see what you like about the light/clear and purple flashes of colour.

What a good idea to buy a few cheapies to see what you like! I should've done that instead of going out of my head looking online :lol:

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
FallenRox, Oooo that is REALLY sparkly !!!!!! You have a great way of going about this !!!
I have no doubt you will find EXACTLY what you are looking for !!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not shabby at all for an under $5 test spinel.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$3.25!! :shock: What an outrageously high price, SEND IT BACK. Just kidding!!! :D

I have one similar to that from SriLankaMall on ebay, but I paid around $20 for it (free S&H) and it has very fine Portuguese cutting. It sparkles quite a bit. I might use it in a flower ring I'm planning in my head. It would be one of the petals where a Mahenge would be the center.

I hope Jerry can cut it for you. I found this dealer, and they have really deep cuts, which I think would be ideal for an asscher.

http://myworld.ebay.com/shopgemstone/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

They photoshop, but I like that they take videos of most of their stones. Never bought from them however.

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
Talamasca- the only thing about these "test" spinels is that you know I'm going to want to do something with all of them! soo... what's the lesser of two evils? idk. ;-)

Shiney, thank you for your vote of confidence, I'm having a blast! people like you guys make it really fun here.

Chrono- thanks!

TL- you're a hoot. ;-) And thank you for the suggestion of that store. I've mailed them about one of the stones to just see if they're willing to wiggle on the price. o_O From what Jerry has told me about cost per carat for the colors I'm looking for, they're ummmm floating with helium. We'll see though!

Have a great day everyone =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results