shape
carat
color
clarity

The dream team - Mrs-B's completed earring collection.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous collection! I love seeing them all in the same place!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Delicious earring wardrobe! Classic and classy :love:

morejewelsplease

Rough_Rock
My gorgeous 18kt yellow gold drops. The melee was chosen by DKJ, but all other stones were chosen one at a time by me and are all certified. I collected these diamonds some yeas ago, so my memory is a tad fuzzy, but they're all between D and F color, and all VS or better. TCW - roughly 4.6ct and 2.75" long.

20191005_142314.jpg

20191005_142352.jpg
These are stunning- would love to see an ear shot! Love them

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @facetgirl -

BGD did the initial construction of my design, but it's been heavily tweaked by DKJ twice since then. It's not a difficult design, tho, so I'm thinking most competent benches could do it. As always, the prong work is what can spoil it if it's too lumpy.

The smallest I'd go with the pearls is 10mm, but I have large lobes. On mine, the proportions are that the two lower diamonds of the three in the triangle are equal in total to half the width of the pearl. In other words, my pearls are 14.5mm andthe width of 2 of my diamonds added together is about half that. So in other words, if you used 10mm pearls, the two bottom pearls in the triangle would need to equal 5mm, so - 2.5mm each (or 5 pts, I believe). If your pearls were 8mm, then your diamonds would need to equal 4mm, ie 2mm each. Make sense?

I actually did a pair of earrings similar to what you're describing, only upside down, for my niece for her wedding, and will attach a photo. I ummed and ahhed about which way I'd have as 'up' and decided this way was slightly more elegant as the diamonds seemed to 'drip downwards'. I believe the pearls are 9mm and the diamonds equal 5mm - which is slightly larger than ideal. Consequently, I think the earrings came out slightly unbalanced.

I'll be interested to see how you go with your new project - do post photos when you're done! :wavey:

ErinGetsMarried.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And just for your convenience, @facetgirl - here's the earrings rotated.

Attachments

• ErinGetsMarried.jpg
    ErinGetsMarried.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 189

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Catmom. :)) It's kinda lush seeing them all together, I think!

Thank you, @KristyDarling - 'classic' and 'classy' are my 2 favorite words when it comes to jewelry! ::)

@morejewelsplease - there are photos on PS somewhere. I think these have their own thread, so if you search threads under my name, you should find it. I'm glad you like them. :wavey:

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b Thank you so much for the details, the pictures and advice! The pair you did for your niece is lovely as well. I will definitely keep you posted on my project.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely, all of them. Wonderful combination of the pearls and the diamonds, and the long ones - OMG!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
A pair of earrings from two different diamond houses! You have taste and talent that is seldom seen. Extraordinary, thanks for sharing!

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, I really have no right to be starting another thread, but I'm just SO PLEASED to be finished my collection of earrings, I decided to be a forum hog and start another thread.

A lot of people have earrings for all different occasions and moods, and originally, so did I. But the older I got, the more I realized - I wanted classy casuals, and full on bling-fest. So my earrings are in two almost-distinct groups. 14 years ago, I had one pair of .1ctw teensy tiny diamond studs. Since then, I seem to have added another ct with every year, till my collection is now sitting somewhere over the 14ctw mark.

But much more pleasing than that to me is the applicability to my lifestyle. My collection just WORKS - for me, at least - and I'm so pleased to have a comprehensive, useable, specific collection that fits my lifestyle. And on that note, let me say without question - if I could only keep all my casual pieces (hoops and pearls) or all my blingy pairs, the blingy stuff would be marching out the door without a second thought. Well, maybe a second thought, but there's NO question in my mind which ones to keep!

However, having said that, the bling is beautiful, and I feel very lucky and am very grateful to be able to share it with you now. :)

Without further ado, my dream team.....

20191005_143046.jpg

20191005_143003.jpg

20191005_143051.jpg

20191005_143107.jpg

20191005_142929.jpg
Mrs b I’m such a fan of all your jewelry what lovely earrings and that bracelet with all the charms! I haven’t been here as regularly as before due to being so busy at work the past few months but whenever I do I make it a point to check your posts as the jewelry is always wow! Stay happy and well xx

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I keep coming back to look at the pearls. I love them. I'm on such a pearl earrings kick lately.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh.
Collection threads are the best threads!!
And dang golly you have fab collections @mrs-b!!

I’m at work. This thread and I have a date this evening.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My gorgeous 18kt yellow gold drops. The melee was chosen by DKJ, but all other stones were chosen one at a time by me and are all certified. I collected these diamonds some yeas ago, so my memory is a tad fuzzy, but they're all between D and F color, and all VS or better. TCW - roughly 4.6ct and 2.75" long.

20191005_142314.jpg

20191005_142352.jpg

I love your whole entire collection!! Everything is so gorgeous. I seriously need a pair of these long diamond dangles someday!!! Did you post an earshot of these yet? I definitely need to see one of those!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @Arkteia I go back and forth on which ones are my favorites; I think every pair in this collection has been my 'favorite' - at least twice! :mrgreen:

Thank you so much, @Ibrakeforpossums I do my best. :)) I love things that are beautiful - in any form - so good jewelry is like a heaven of aesthetics for me! ::)

Thank you, @EllenS1 - and it's SO nice to see you! Keep sticking your head up whenever you pop by - it's always nice to hear from you. :wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elizat - pearls can be addictive! (Do not ask me how I know this!) In some ways, they're more difficult than diamonds, and 'perfect' ones vary in the eye of every beholder. Once you go down that particular rabbit hole, there's no coming back! :cheeky:

@yssie! Hallo! I'm glad you like them. :)) I doubt I'll ever have anything as grand as your beautiful opal drops, but I do love this little collection and they serve me well. Are you getting a lot of wear out of the EW drops? I love those earrings, as I love all her pieces! I hope you're having a happy and healthy autumn. :wavey:

Hallo @goldenfire I believe there are photos of them in the 'Not Cheaper by the Dozen' thread. I hate taking ear shots - they always show a person in the least flattering light possible!! And I'm glad you like these pieces; they were a long time in coming! :))

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely a dream collection!!! :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @GliderPoss :)) Not everyone has the same dream, of course, but this is mine. ::)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your earring collection is truly beautiful @mrs-b!!! Classic, elegant, and so well thought out..LOVE them all!

bananabrains

Rough_Rock
Your collection is perfection. If I had to (HAD to, as if I would need any nudging) come away with my favorite two pair, it's DEFINITELY the diamond cluster studs and the long dangle yellow gold diamonds. Simply amazing. I'm not a pearl person, but I am definitely intrigued by those yellow pearl earrings... you might have sold me on pearls!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @junebug17. Sooooo much thought went into this one, small collection - I'm glad it shows. :))

@bananabrains - I'm SO glad you said you liked the clusters! They're the real heavy hitters of my collection and such beautiful quality stones. I'm pleased you like them. And yes - both the drops and the yellow pearls aren't too disappointing either! :mrgreen:

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Insane! Here I am with only pieces that I can “see” (like rings or bracelets). I don’t know how I would deal with those long, gorgeous, gold and diamond dangly earrings - if I couldn’t constantly see them swinging, no, shining, all the time!

The prettiest!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
And lastly, a portrait shot of my beautiful diamond and platinum clusters. 2 x F VS2 and SI1 .95ct diamonds in the centers, surrounded by 16 x 15-16 point stones, all F/G VS and ideal cut, sourced by DKJ and set by them in platinum. I'm crap at recalling stats these days, but I believe they come to roughly 4.5ctw.

20191005_142003.jpg
This is my fave, mrs. B! But all of them are just gorgeous!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many great reasons to start this thread! I think you have a superb earring collection. How wonderful that you know yourself and your lifestyle so well.

Do you ever wear the diamond studs that have tear shaped charms without the charms? I can’t quite visualize how they attach to the studs and if they are removable.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love every pair of earrings. I would love to see ear shot of them on. So beautiful. What a great collection!

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you ever get bored of your pearl and diamond earrings....:dance::twirl::lol:
Such a fabulous set, you have impeccable taste and design skills. Love them all.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just love this thread...I could come back and oggle these gorgeous earrings any day. Love them all.

HNGN

Shiny_Rock
So pretty!!! I love the dangling 18k YG drop the most!!! So pretty and delicate ;)2

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Amazing!!! You know I keep coming back because I just hate pearls (running for cover) and now you just sold me on them. The golden pearl diamond earrings are to die for. Such perfection, cannot get better than that. I normally would have gone for your dangles but those golden earrings! Sigh. And I normally do not even like YG. So when something stands out so much despite so much you would subjectively dislike, you know it is a revolutionary piece achieving that with its clean, understated style. The look does not scream, the impression just stays with you and keeps haunting you.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lvoeshinythings - thank you! And I don't look at any of my jewelry terribly often, so catching a glimpse when I look in a mirror is enough for me. When I do, tho, it's super fun to see something so lovely. :))

I love those, too, @Dmndsr4evr11! I have a matching necklace, and I used to have a matching ring, tho I recently pulled it apart. They're a nice mix of formal and casual, and work in a lot of different situations.

Hi @Stone Hunter :wavey: The teardrops have a loop on the top, which slides over the stud. So yes, they can be removed. I don't wear the studs (1.02ctw) without the drops - just not enough presence on my ear. With the studs, tho, I LOVE them!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @luv2sparkle! There are a few photos, including ear shots, on all the individual threads. Suffice to say, tho - they're all pretty sizeable since I have large lobes and I like good coverage.

Hi @Hounddog - and Merry Christmas! I'm so glad you like them! I enjoy every pair and wear them all - which is the main thing I was trying to achieve. Pieces that sit in boxes are pointless.

Awww - thank you, @goldenfire! :)) I have to say, sometimes I just pull them out and look at them; they never fail to make me smile!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results