shape
carat
color
clarity

The Diamond Line Up!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beansy

Shiny_Rock
Kay guys,

So here it is, I simply cannot make up my mind on the shape of stone I want. I have done lots of leg work around St. Pete, but nothing compares to the special specimens found at some of the web shops here. This is just THE only place to get a diamond.

CHALLENGE: I would love to see some actual photos of square type shapes in a "line up" next to each other.

I know that there is also a lot of confusion about small differences that make each shape distinct, so lets see them up close. How about a Lucere, next to a regeant, next to a flanders, next to a queen of hearts, (mostly from GOG) and throw in a spring cut from whiteflash. Maybe a photo of the faces, and then a photo from the side?

I want to thank Jonathan for his offer to send whatever I want to me to see in person, but I want to know if this is some way to at least narrow down the search. I can''t help it, there are so many gorgeous cuts out there, what is a girl to do?

I am so excited to see some diamonds!

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
HI...LOVE my Regent
10.gif

A long time agao when I first posted...Richard Sherwood responded to one of my posts and he put in pics of several of the cuts you are looking at ...it is one of my first posts....you can look it up...I have to catch a flight...right now...I will look it up later when I have a sec...I hae also posted several pic of my Regent
9.gif

LEONID...we need a CUT photo gallery
read.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Great idea guys.
1.gif
And Leonid, is that a Flat Coated Retriever in your avatar? He/she's a real beauty. I am going to be branded a heretic for saying this, but I love dogs waaaaaay more than diamonds.
21.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/24/2003 5:07:03 PM canadiangrrl wrote:

Great idea guys.
1.gif
And Leonid, is that a Flat Coated Retriever in your avatar? He/she's a real beauty.
---------------
Gordon setter. He was gorgeous and nobel.
----------------
I am going to be branded a heretic for saying this, but I love dogs waaaaaay more than diamonds.
21.gif
----------------
Me too
21.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, you are referring to him in the past tense.
sad.gif
I am so sorry. What a formidable looking boy he was.
1.gif

If I could figure out how to post pictures, I'd put my guy in my avatar. My Gunnar was a German Shepherd, and the sweetest, calmest, most fiercely intelligent GSD that ever roamed the earth. I still think that if that dog had been born with opposable thumbs, we humans would have been a mere afterthought to him. Ok, I'm getting all misty now.
sick.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
canadian..you have a picture in your avatar....just do the same thing you did originally!
1.gif
just make sure its resized to fit right or else it will pixelate or stretch.

bling

Shiny_Rock
can someone post how to post a pic as an avater..thanks!

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I posted that one, and look how screamingly well it turned out.
1.gif
I am going to have my Scary Computer Genius Brother give me a hand with some pics on my hard drive tomorrow.

Beansy

Shiny_Rock
Diane5006,

I can't find your post or pics of the rich sherwood lineup. I've seen some pics of the regent, flanders, and lucere in pictures separately before, but I am wondering if it's possible to see them next to each other? I would love to narrow it down. There are just so many great stones.

Is this something that is possible?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'll see if I can't do it for ya when I get in tomorrow.

Rhino

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Beansey...my next suggestion would be to ask Jonathan...since he most likely has they cuts you are looking at...to take a pic for you....seems he is on top of it :-0

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 10/24/2003 5:18:57 PM leonid wrote:

----------------
On 10/24/2003 5:07:03 I am going to be branded a heretic for saying this, but I love dogs waaaaaay more than diamonds.
21.gif
----------------
Me too
21.gif

----------------

Me Three! Mine works. He's a Therapy Dog.
9.gif

Beansy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Jonathan. I am really excited to see if this will work! I am hoping this will allow some of us (or at least myself) to narrow down the search, and to perhaps see the little differences that make each stone special. I think the more we learn and understand how diamonds work, the more we want to know. You can see a little princess in this one on the sides, a little radiant in the scintilation properties of that one, a little emerald in the table over there, ect. I am addicted to diamonds.

I want to see if whiteflash can add their spring cut as well?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results