shape
carat
color
clarity

The central stone is NOT only what matters

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
After looking at some of the last threads, I''ve noticed that many people put a lot
of emphasis on the size of the central stone.....

A plain 1 ct well-cut diamond set in a solitaire will always be very elegant and classic.
However if you set that diamond in a setting with beautiful sidestones (I advocate
pave setting), you''ll obtain a stunning ring.

Put an eternity wedding band or a pave wedding bang close to that engagement ring and you''ll
get a superb combo... it will simply sparkle like hell (inferno, evil paradise, or whatever
name you like).

From a $ point of view, side stones won''t cost you a lot.... so before getting that
1.20 ct instead of a 1.10 ct, why not put that additional money into sidestones?

Trichrome.

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Sounds pretty Trichrome,

When you get it all put together, take a nice picture and let us all see it sparkle.

liz

Rough_Rock
I was debating whether to get a simple Tiffany style setting or something more elaborate with side stones. Ultimately, I did as Trichrome suggests and got a platinum pave ring with two small side stones. The overall effect is stunning. The ring sparkles like mad.

front view 2.jpg

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
Liz, that picture is so nice! I'm going to have to share that with my fiance.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Liz,

Your ring is gorgeous!

Michelle

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree with Trichrome. A bit of sidestones really can enhance the ring considerabley. I have been unable to post a ring pic from the side as the file is still too big. I will try.

Judy
:)

** total sidestone wt. is .31cts. fully faceted, shared prong style setting**

Picture 026.jpg

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here's another head on. I would have liked one from the side, but like I said, the file was too big. I should have bought the "Digital Cameras for Dummies" book I saw over the weekend. :(

Judy

Picture 025.jpg

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
Pretty pretty pretty. Out of curiosity, what wedding bands are you matching up to those rings?

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Scott Kay has a matching band for mine. Unfortunately, I dont like it as is so I'll need to get one custom done. The band only has a total ct. wt. of .34 & I was looking for something at least 3/4 to 1ct. He thinkgs that 5= 15pts would look great. I could also go 4-20pt too. The jeweler that set my stone recommended I use the same type of ribbing on the sides then add about 4-5 stones or so in a shared prong setting (not too cluttered that way). Then it will remain simple & classic. I would like bars on the sides of my wedding band, but I dont see it working out. But then, the jeweler said we'll have to sketch some variations to see what I like best. :) Since the diamond is set a bit high, there should be no proplem having a band sit flush.

Judy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results