shape
carat
color
clarity

The central stone is NOT only what matters

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
After looking at some of the last threads, I''ve noticed that many people put a lot
of emphasis on the size of the central stone.....

A plain 1 ct well-cut diamond set in a solitaire will always be very elegant and classic.
However if you set that diamond in a setting with beautiful sidestones (I advocate
pave setting), you''ll obtain a stunning ring.

Put an eternity wedding band or a pave wedding bang close to that engagement ring and you''ll
get a superb combo... it will simply sparkle like hell (inferno, evil paradise, or whatever
name you like).

From a $ point of view, side stones won''t cost you a lot.... so before getting that
1.20 ct instead of a 1.10 ct, why not put that additional money into sidestones?

Trichrome.

Sounds pretty Trichrome,

When you get it all put together, take a nice picture and let us all see it sparkle.

I was debating whether to get a simple Tiffany style setting or something more elaborate with side stones. Ultimately, I did as Trichrome suggests and got a platinum pave ring with two small side stones. The overall effect is stunning. The ring sparkles like mad.

front view 2.jpg

Liz, that picture is so nice! I'm going to have to share that with my fiance.

Liz,

Your ring is gorgeous!

Michelle

I agree with Trichrome. A bit of sidestones really can enhance the ring considerabley. I have been unable to post a ring pic from the side as the file is still too big. I will try.

Judy
:-)

** total sidestone wt. is .31cts. fully faceted, shared prong style setting**

Picture 026.jpg

Here's another head on. I would have liked one from the side, but like I said, the file was too big. I should have bought the "Digital Cameras for Dummies" book I saw over the weekend. :-(

Judy

Picture 025.jpg

Pretty pretty pretty. Out of curiosity, what wedding bands are you matching up to those rings?

Scott Kay has a matching band for mine. Unfortunately, I dont like it as is so I'll need to get one custom done. The band only has a total ct. wt. of .34 & I was looking for something at least 3/4 to 1ct. He thinkgs that 5= 15pts would look great. I could also go 4-20pt too. The jeweler that set my stone recommended I use the same type of ribbing on the sides then add about 4-5 stones or so in a shared prong setting (not too cluttered that way). Then it will remain simple & classic. I would like bars on the sides of my wedding band, but I dont see it working out. But then, the jeweler said we'll have to sketch some variations to see what I like best. :-) Since the diamond is set a bit high, there should be no proplem having a band sit flush.

Judy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP