shape
carat
color
clarity

"The Bow Ring": Can You Identify It?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
My aunt loves jewelry and has a nice collection of both estate jewelry and newer jewelry she''s picked up on bunches of business travel. I love to play in her safe when we visit.
18.gif
For some reason, "The Bow Ring" has always been a favorite, but I don''t know anything about this ring -- age, general value, etc. I can''t even tell you when she acquired it, but she''s had it for a while.

It''s in need of a little cleaning, but you can see from the picture it''s sapphires and little diamonds set in yellow gold.

Can you help me place this ring?

pixy bow ring.jpg

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 3:18:07 PM
Author:fierypyropixy
My aunt loves jewelry and has a nice collection of both estate jewelry and newer jewelry she's picked up on bunches of business travel. I love to play in her safe when we visit.
18.gif
For some reason, 'The Bow Ring' has always been a favorite, but I don't know anything about this ring -- age, general value, etc. I can't even tell you when she acquired it, but she's had it for a while.

It's in need of a little cleaning, but you can see from the picture it's sapphires and little diamonds set in yellow gold.

unfortunately, i'm of no use to you.
8.gif
just wanted to say that if you tilt your head to the left, the ring looks like a puppy's face b/c of the placement of the sapphires. it's a lovely ring!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 3:18:07 PM
Author:fierypyropixy
My aunt loves jewelry and has a nice collection of both estate jewelry and newer jewelry she''s picked up on bunches of business travel. I love to play in her safe when we visit.
18.gif
For some reason, ''The Bow Ring'' has always been a favorite, but I don''t know anything about this ring -- age, general value, etc. I can''t even tell you when she acquired it, but she''s had it for a while.

It''s in need of a little cleaning, but you can see from the picture it''s sapphires and little diamonds set in yellow gold.

fiery,
great ring!This style with its clusters of sapphire and diamond flowers, and the ribbons of channeled color was very fashionable in the late 80s and early 90s...many manufactures created pieces like this until the mid 1990s.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
brightlight -- Thanks! You know, I DO see a puppy''s face, now that you''ve mentioned it!
2.gif

jewelerman -- Thanks for the info, it''s exactly what I wanted to hear. Or, rather, read! Now I can start looking for others like it.

hughsie

Rough_Rock
Just to say I love it! And the puppy in your avatar!

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/1/2009 9:19:16 AM
Author: hughsie
Just to say I love it! And the puppy in your avatar!

Aww, thanks hughsie!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results