shape
carat
color
clarity

The Biggest Setting Mistakes?

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
EW is not the only designer in the world. I won’t give my hard-earned money to someone who is rude to me.

what about David Klass?

Thank you for your sharing DK as a a suggestion. I think DK makes great settings especially for people who have love to go custom and try out totally new things. But I have seen Settings he has made that were inspired by this EW setting - and they just didn’t look as delicate as the EW Margot (IMO) so I know I would always want the “real deal”.

Here is a picture of a 8 prong setting which is very similiar to the Margot. Do you see a difference between the prongs in these two settings? They’re both holding a similar sized stone. Which prongs do you prefer?

I find both designers create beautiful settings. I’m definitely not saying one is better or worse than the other. To me the EW prongs win.

Attachments

• 42C7A0BE-4E89-47BB-9BD3-65A90BF1A8D9.png
    42C7A0BE-4E89-47BB-9BD3-65A90BF1A8D9.png
    308.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 6F716A31-B6AB-4701-926C-BE387B6E1695.png
    6F716A31-B6AB-4701-926C-BE387B6E1695.png
    514.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Lessics! I think an Erika Winters setting will be perfect for your antique cut diamond. I think her style complements and references historic jewelry so your antique cut will feel at home. My opinion is that Erika Winters is both sleek and modern looking as well. I honestly think you might like the shields; they add an unobtrusive decorative element to the sleek lines, and they deliniate “negative space“ thus making the windows of open space decorative as well. I like your choice!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for going with the EW Margot! It’s spectacular In all of it’s delicate elements. You will save money in the long run going with the real deal.

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my new ring. I still would love to saw off the shields. But I won’t just now. And the whole ring truly is so delicate and refined. Almost like a very very precious mini toy. I love it for now (:

Attachments

• 57540D6C-E058-4812-B613-AFE751BF0641.jpeg
    57540D6C-E058-4812-B613-AFE751BF0641.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 55
  • D35C1FBD-34E4-4C65-97A9-6F678FF380F3.png
    D35C1FBD-34E4-4C65-97A9-6F678FF380F3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 55

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my new ring. I still would love to saw off the shields. But I won’t just now. And the whole ring truly is so delicate and refined. Almost like a very very precious mini toy. I love it for now (:

Wow what a beautiful ring. EW Margot is so beautiful and delicate. Everything is perfection. I hope you enjoy your new ring, shields and all :)

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

It's amazing, and I don't think taking off those tiny elements are going to open it up by any significant margin. Just beautiful as it is.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock

Oh my! What a gorgeous ring!!! Just perfect! Do you mind sharing specs of your stone?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! The stone is beautiful and the setting is perfect in my opinion! I hope you fall in love with the setting but if not,
make it yours with your minor changes!

lolas_mommy

Rough_Rock
Wow! Absolutely gorgeous! I think it is perfection!!

MsShnooks

Shiny_Rock
I think that design just really works as it is. And your diamond does look beautifully colourless from the side as there’s a lot of it to look at.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your gorgeous stone looks to be floating on your finger. I hope you can make peace with the shields and be completely happy.
Congratulations, it’s a showstopper!

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
I should say I am completely happy! I wouldn’t miss the shields if they were gone, but I’m delighted by the setting it really is a little piece of art!

Thank you all for your sweet and uplifting comments!

Last edited:

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! You’ve got a dream ring right there! I would love to hear about your journey at some point, because it’s been epic. Congratulations on this magnificent achievement.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Is this the stone you had recut? Beautiful and white and the setting is perfect. Congratulations!

PS my eyes are old but I don’t see the shields?...

simbelmyne

Rough_Rock
That ring is dreamy, I personally wouldn't change a thing about it... congrats!! Look at how refined and elegant it is, wow!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What are the shields?

this is a setting that I grew to love and appreciate more over time. I have wanted something very similar for a while now. But I can’t reset from my VC setting because I’m emotionally tied to it. However, I do think this setting truly allows the OEC to shine and is most complementary to the stone and yet is so appropriate to the style of an OEC as well. If I could do it over today this is probably what I would get. I got the bezel because I was worried I would bash up the stone. I don’t have that worry anymore. Congratulations. This is perfect. The whole ring is Just perfect.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
. But I can’t reset from my VC setting because I’m emotionally tied to it.

I feel this! I was thinking of resetting the diamond in my e-ring but then I get emotionally attached and so what I want is another diamond and another setting to then hoard them all :lol:.

Also I love that VC setting!!! Would love to find a pre-loved one :)

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

this is INCREDIBLE!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My biggest mistake was buying a $2100 500 fine Palladium tension setting. I'm not into expensive settings. I would rather put more $$$ into the stone. My current titanium setting cost me $320 bucks, and it doesn't hurt my wallet as much (if/when) I needed to trash it in the future since a tension setting can't be resized.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I should say I am completely happy! I wouldn’t miss the shields if they were gone, but I’m delighted by the setting it really is a little piece of art!

Thank you all for your sweet and uplifting comments!
For now!... :lol: The ladies here change settings more often than I change my underwear. :silenced:

Aurora26

Shiny_Rock

WOW that is truly amazing. Congratulations on such a gorgeous stone and setting. Is there a thread on your OEC search journey? Would love to have a read :)

Honeybasil

Shiny_Rock

Just stunning!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lessics your diamond and setting are my holy grail. They are amazingly beautiful. I would love to hear more about your recut OEC journey. I'm considering going down the same path and could benefit a great deal from your experience.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Goodness gracious! Such a magnificent stone in a fab setting!!
So glad you went your dream setting, @Lessics. Wear in blingy joy and good health❤️

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
I will make an extra post on the whole process in the next few days/ weeks and I’ll be sure to link it here (:

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results