shape
carat
color
clarity

The best way to propose with a CS E-ring Poll

Which best describes your feelings

• My SO asked me to design the E-ring together with him - perfect!

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • MY SO left the E-ring design to me entirely - perfect!

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • My E-ring was co designed but I wished my SO had given me a surprise.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My E-ring was a surprise, but I wished my SO had consulted me first

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • My E-ring was a surprise, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • My E-ring was a surprise, and although not perfect, I am not having ring envy or upgrade-titis

• I received a surprise "temporary" ring and I really loved that I could take my time to make my dream

• I received a surprise "temporary" ring and I wished it were the actual ring instead

• Total voters

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I wanted to run a poll to see what respondents think of the coloured stone E-rings they received or designed. I wanted to know how people perceived the way they received their Engagement rings and what they would have done differently if they could.

The purpose of the poll (anonymous or not) is to determine which way you would have liked to have received your E-ring, if you could have made a choice at the time.

Pardon the phrasing if it is inaccurate, but just choose the closest approximation. I have an inkling which way the polls will go in PS, but would be interested to find out how exactly people feel. :))

Sorry for the longish poll options - i wanted to be concise but accurate. Do shout if I missed an obvious alternative option. I'm running another poll for the diamond crowd over on RT, just to see if there is a different E-ring mindset.

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not sure which one to pick, but...

IMHO, the best thing to do is to get input from her on the ring (does she want a CS? what color metal? what general style? other likes and dislikes?) and then do most of the legwork yourself and surprise her.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
I don't belong.
I received no E ring.... :(sad

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooo~Shiney!|1310246513|2965624 said:
I don't belong.
I received no E ring.... :(sad

Ditto this - its probably why I feel a need for all these gorgeous rings now ( :naughty: ) - to make up for the "empty" place inside... :lol:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
hubby would never have picked out something for me that i like as much as i have. never in a million years.

we were already married when i told him i'd have liked an e-ring. we were engaged for a little ove 24 hours before we married so even finding wedding rings as an issue at that point much less an e-ring. it is never too late to get one, ladies.

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to add that I'm into having A LOT of say over it, but having it ultimately be a surprise. But I like surprises, in general.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
I really wanted to run this here because CS erings in general are so much more complex than diamond erings.

You can't just decide on a budget and get the best. First you need to know which colour, then which stone for that colour (or vice versa), then what size, what setting etc etc.

So I am curious how people will poll :)

threegraces

Rough_Rock
It was a surprise, but he knew what I wanted. I just wasn't sure it was what I would get. I did!

Kaismommy

Rough_Rock
Rate now me and my future fiance are just starting to look for stones , i never thought it would be this hard but it really is , i have been engaged before and finding the center stone to my diamond engagement ring was not nearly as hard in my opinion. Colored stone engagement rings are totally different , there are so many varieties of gemstones , and to pin point a color and all the specifics is a little daunting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results