shape
carat
color
clarity

The Bachelor - The RING

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not a big fan of the show, but I''m a new fan of the ring! Check it out!!

From People.com - "And it’s quite a sparkler! The marquise-cut diamond-and-platinum ring from celebrity jeweler Neil Lane features a 1.94-carat marquise-cut diamond encrusted with 170 smaller diamonds for a total of 3.18 carats."

jason_mesnick.jpg

Chelle0511

Rough_Rock
I saw this on the show - it is totally amazing! Would never work on my fat fingers;-)!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s gorgeous! I thought it was a marquise when they showed it on the show.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YUK! Not at all my taste.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure what I think...

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From what I could see on the show, it looked dreamy! I love east/west set marquise. I think in the above picture, it makes the prongs look more prominent than they are.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This reminds me of Portia de Rossi''s ring (Ellen deGeneres'' wife).

I personally do not care for marquises, although I guess if it has to be one, E/W is a nice choice.

A.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 4:54:34 PM
Author: anne_h
This reminds me of Portia de Rossi''s ring (Ellen deGeneres'' wife).

Yah, me too.

I think it''s cool--I love to see a marquise!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes I wonder if the designers pick the rings they can choose from and offer a big discount, hoping that then they can sell off some of those dogs to the general public
23.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
ew

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 3:32:09 PM
Author:Cleopatra
I''m not a big fan of the show, but I''m a new fan of the ring! Check it out!!

From People.com - ''And it’s quite a sparkler! The marquise-cut diamond-and-platinum ring from celebrity jeweler Neil Lane features a 1.94-carat marquise-cut diamond encrusted with 170 smaller diamonds for a total of 3.18 carats.''
Well, let''s just pick this baby apart, shall we, ha ha!!

I love the stone. Coming around to forgotten, pushed back marquise diamonds. ''Nuff said there.

The setting, I love the diamond work under the stone, the scrolls....

The shank, can''t tell, so not sure about that.

Big fat uck regarding the prongs, blows the feminine design of the ring.
Ok, there''s my 2 cents!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not loving this picture, but the clip they showed on the show, now THAT ring looked gorgeous. It looked much sleeker and well made on TV.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
I like the stone, but I''m not crazy about the setting. It''s too busy.

snow483

Rough_Rock
The setting is really pretty, but E-W set marquise cuts creep me out. They look like eyes!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it; it looked so elegant on tv; that image is huge so not as delicate as it was on tv. eta: I should have dittoed Neatfreak.
3.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Love it!

I like EW Marquise settings and would never turn away a big honking stone like that!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the E-W, but the set is a bit busy.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t seen this on TV, but it is gorgeous!! Despite the controversy, you can''t deny this guy can pick out a ring!!

ozsparkle

Shiny_Rock
I havnt seen it on TV but judging by this picture it has too much going. For my taste the setting is too busy and the prongs look too chunky, but im sure the stone is lovely.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I like it
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm...I''m not a fan of the ring. A little to "different" for me. But I love the show! Can''t wait for the finale!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Not really my cup of tea, but lovely none the less!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
I love marquises, but this ring doesn''t do it for me.... not a big fan of E-W...

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s gorgeous!!!!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Well, whomever gets it better not get fat! It looks like it is not easily adjustable size-wise.

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
love the E-W set stone. not a fan of the huge clunky prongs, but that may just be the pic. it''s a bit busy for my personal taste, but i do love that it is unique!

Ms.Goggles

Shiny_Rock
I know we''re all focused on the ring here (which, I have to say, is not my style) but I''d like to focus on the CONTROVERSY if I may.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-bachelor-jason-what-tacori-setting.101218/

A few months ago, I posted this thread wondering about the ring Jason will propose with on the finale. The ring they showed him holding & picking out in the promo is NOT the same ring they are showing now! I wonder what that''s all about... I personally like the rings in the link I posted much better. Do you think something weird happened between ABC & Tacori & suddenly they refilmed & made some sort of switcheroo? How weird.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both the Tacori''s were GORGEOUS!
8.gif

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I have always LOVED and lusted after an E/W set marquise ever since I saw a vintage 2ct marquise set E/W in its original deco mounting - that ring was gorgeous and everytime I see one like it, I feel like kicking myself !!
14.gif
7.gif
7.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 8:05:45 PM
Author: Ms.Goggles
I know we''re all focused on the ring here (which, I have to say, is not my style) but I''d like to focus on the CONTROVERSY if I may.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-bachelor-jason-what-tacori-setting.101218/

A few months ago, I posted this thread wondering about the ring Jason will propose with on the finale. The ring they showed him holding & picking out in the promo is NOT the same ring they are showing now! I wonder what that''s all about... I personally like the rings in the link I posted much better. Do you think something weird happened between ABC & Tacori & suddenly they refilmed & made some sort of switcheroo? How weird.

Maybe Tacori''s marketing decided they didnt want the reality show association? I cant imagine though... any exposure is good exposure, right? Maybe they wanted to do something more contemporary?? Are E/W Marquise contemporary or just not often seen?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results