shape
carat
color
clarity

The Asscher Pendant is Finished! CvB Inspired Design (Caysie Van Bebber)

Venzen007

Shiny_Rock
Five months or so ago, I started asking this community for help finding an Asscher for a pendant. Due in large part to that help, I found a good stone!

In July, after reaching (or trying to reach) 5 different designer/makers, I decided to go with Caysie Van Bebber (CvB Inspired Design) to make the setting. For those interested, she was frank with me when we first spoke that the process would take quite a while, estimating a maximum of 16 weeks (it took around that long, too). Despite the wait, she was always easy to reach (using "WhatsApp").

I had designed a setting in a CAD-style program I use for work (I reconstruct motor vehicle accidents). Having never designed a setting before, I didn't know whether what I put together would work, structurally. Caysie said it would, and her folks used my rough examples to create a spot-on CAD that was exactly what I had in mind and then proceeded to bring it to life beautifully.

The halo stones are tsavorite. The windmill extensions are step-cut diamonds of the same color and clarity as the center stone. Metal is 95 plat. I put it with a 1.2mm platinum wheat chain at Caysie's recommendation.

Overall, working with her was an absolute pleasure, and if I ever find myself hankering to do something like this again, I wouldn't hesitate to reach out to her again.

Here is the CAD-like drawing I did to show Caysie what I had in mind (in a little animation), followed by her team's CAD mock-up, and then, finally, a video and several photos Caysie took and sent me before its arrival this Monday. =)

00000169-PHOTO-2019-07-29-10-23-36.jpg 00000101-PHOTO-2019-07-28-11-25-14.jpg

IMG-20191122-WA0003.jpg IMG-20191122-WA0006.jpg IMG-20191122-WA0009.jpg IMG-20191122-WA0010.jpg

I'm going to tag the folks who had contributed to my previous posts about this project, so they don't miss it! @Karl_K @princessandthepear @headlight @AV_ @whitewave @scarsmum @OoohShiny @Texas Leaguer @Ceilimom @ringo865 @Matthews1127 @KKJohnson @sep004 @lovedogs @MissGotRocks @Diamond_Hawk @LLJsmom @the_mother_thing @Weecam @rainydaze @gregchang35 @tyty333 @Garry H (Cut Nut) @Gnmu @Dancing Fire @LinSF @diamondseeker2006 @arkieb1 @PreRaphaelite @Lessics @Bfelix @CHRISTY-DANIELLE @Rfisher @ksage92 @Daisys and Diamonds @cmd2014 @marymm @lydial @MollyMalone

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Yep - WOW

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Stunning! :clap:

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Just beautiful! It's no doubt gratifying to have had a part in the design process! Ahhh... Asscher...

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This.

Is.

Awesome.

Look at the crown height!
Look at the engraving!
Look at the tsavorite colour!

You can tell it's a quality piece of work, I hope you enjoy wearing it and get lots of positive comments :))

L

lydial

Elegant! Maybe a career in the arts will follow your career in tragedies??

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
This.

Is.

Awesome.

Look at the crown height!
Look at the engraving!
Look at the tsavorite colour!

You can tell it's a quality piece of work, I hope you enjoy wearing it and get lots of positive comments :))

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd love it as much without the tsavorites. They really make that pendant, I think.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Hyperventilates...

That is so stunning!!!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!! it's a lovely pendant

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That side view!
:love:
It’s very beautiful - well done!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!!!!

That is absolutely stunning. Congrats on a beautiful piece!

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Its funny, I opened this and said "WOW" out loud ....and read through the comments and everyone said the same thing... LOL

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!! Well done!!!!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Yep, another WOW reaction here too! That turned out fabulous! Really plays up that fantastic center, and I love the green pop....it adds drama and interest. Well done!:appl:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing! I LOVE that you designed it in the program you work with first. I read your post out loud to my husband because I thought it was so sweet. The pendant is stunning!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deep bow to you, Sir.

IMHO that is the most classy, tasteful, and most-beautiful piece of custom jewelry I've ever seen posted on PS.
Though the diamond isn't 200 carats, it has every bit of timeless majesty of the royal jewels I've seen.

Congratulations!

I love how the windmill extension diamonds match the color and clarity of the asscher.
And it's brilliant the green tsavorites, being less-hard than diamond, are fully protected being sunken a bit into the setting.

I also love how the hole in the setting for the chain prevents the diamond from flipping around to touch the skin ... so the diamond stays cleaner longer.
The moment a diamond touches the skin the oil it picks up changes the index of refraction, so the light performance drops to something below 100% of what you paid for.

Now THAT's attention to detail! :clap:

Screen Shot 2019-11-27 at 10.15.50 PM.png

Last edited:

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my word. That's stunning!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saw this on IG, it’s just delicious! A work of art. The attention to detail is incredible, all that beautiful scrollwork even extending round the sides. Hope whoever it’s for enjoys wearing it.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
That is really beautiful. Wonderful design, details and that asscher! The tsvavorites and the windmill extensions make that design. That's a future heirloom!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well that has my vote for jewel of the week. Fabulous!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMFG... when I saw this on her IG, I literally gasped (and I'm not really into pendants)! Caysie is such an artist! Gorgeous!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results