shape
carat
color
clarity

The April LIW small talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Happy April PS''ers!

This is the thread to post about little small things that you might feel don''t need their own thread but you would like to share/discuss. LIW discussion or any other topic can be discussed here! Please join in!

Previous month''s discussions link here
2.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Thanks for creating the new thread.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Sure thing! I just went to a meeting/presentation at work about stress relief. I SO needed that!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
So...anyone pulling any fun April Fool''s pranks today?
3.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
lol I thought about doing something to the co-workers. Like possibly get up out of my chair and be like "OMG there's a mouse!!!!!!!!!!!" and run out of the room. They would either follow my lead or I'd look like a fool running into the hallway......lol
20.gif
I haven't decided if I'll do that or not.

I'd like to play one on FF. Anyone gonna play a trick on their FF? Like to share? Any ideas? FF and I love playing games so it could be fun...
31.gif
That is, if I could think of something. ha!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I love this prank, and we have a ton of packing paper left from the move...too bad B just walked in the door to have lunch with me, leaving no time to execute that!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
haha that''s funny! What a load of work though...

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
CRAP! I''m missing a file I need to update
32.gif
I can''t find it.....
32.gif
32.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
My April Fools Day has been terrible so far--I got hit by a car today as I was walking across a parking lot! He was backing up and only stopped because I was banging on the trunk of his car. He bumped into me, but not enough to injure me--just enough to make me spill coffee all over my favorite sweater. I was so annoyed. Luckily I had just picked up my dry cleaning, so I had another top to change into, but still!

On the other hand, he felt terrible about it. He looked to be about 18 and white as a sheet.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Still can''t find the file!
29.gif

Where is everyone this April? lol Where''d you all go?

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Ladypirate! I am sorry to hear that!!!! Ugh!

So is it me, or does it seem like there are a lot of heart breaking stories recently! Too many people with poopy BFs, and these sad stories, and ugh!

I think I am going to start a thread tonight with the erings I have been looking at. Nothing like a little eye candy to make people smile and salivate!
18.gif

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
yay! i''m excited for a happy thread!

i''m watching trash tv because i''m so burnt out on school.
7.gif
i really overcommitted myself this week.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
ladypirate I can''t believe you got hit by a car!?!?! Maybe it was god''s little joke on you haha. It''s a fun party fact though I guess.

My dad tried to play a joke on my brother and I by telling us that he and my mom were getting a new dog (our previous one passed away this summer). I was fooled for all of 1 second until I realized my mom would KILL him if he got a dog. My less clever brother however fell for it hook line and sinker and called my mom to ask about it.

I''m really good at executing pranks (I''ve got a killer poker face) but I can never think of any worth pulling. My SO and I are a good team. He always convinces people of ridiculous things and I''m great at playing along and supporting whatever tale he''s unraveling. Unfortunately he''s a little far away right now to pull any jokes on people today.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
When I came into work today someone had changed around all the name plates on the office doors. Then they had written "April Foolz" in tape on the massive sky light (which involved going up on the roof).

I''m actually still at work (its 1015 pm and I live an hour away) but my friend who is a big prankster and I went up and removed the "April Foolz" tape and put up "xoxo Gaurav" because everyone was blaming this one grad student Gaurav for the pranks. While we were up there she confessed that it had been her who switched around all the name plates and written in tape on the sky light.

I can''t wait for tomorrow!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 4:06:42 PM
Author: ladypirate
My April Fools Day has been terrible so far--I got hit by a car today as I was walking across a parking lot! He was backing up and only stopped because I was banging on the trunk of his car. He bumped into me, but not enough to injure me--just enough to make me spill coffee all over my favorite sweater. I was so annoyed. Luckily I had just picked up my dry cleaning, so I had another top to change into, but still!

On the other hand, he felt terrible about it. He looked to be about 18 and white as a sheet.
Glad you''re okay LP.

Today was completely uneventful. BUT we did get April showers, allllll day long.

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
at least no one''s SOs fake proposed for april fool''s!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I tried telling K I was pregnant at dinner tonight for April Fools. I told him it was why I hadn''t ordered a beer.

His response? "Yeah, me too."

LOL--I don''t think he bought it.
9.gif

Thanks for the well wishes, guys--I''m just glad no one was hurt. And hopefully my sweater will be no worse for the wear. *Crosses fingers*

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 11:40:21 PM
Author: somegirl932
oooohhhh NO NO NO!

DEAD MAN
29.gif

can you imagine???
23.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Wish me luck this morning, ladies...I''m off for a root canal
14.gif

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 9:09:50 AM
Author: misskitty
14.gif

Good luck and much dust. I just had a root canal last week, my first ever, and it went much smoother than my wisdom teeth removal.
Thank goodness.

On another note, I''m an intern at a local treatment center. My supervisor just resigned, and I think that leaves a position open in her office. I''m in desperate need of a job, and am REALLY HOPING I GET IT! Anyone have any extra dust for lil'' old me?

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Wish me luck this morning, ladies...I'm off for a root canal
14.gif
Ouch.

Good luck misskitty!!! ((HUGS))

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
LP- I didn''t see your post (yesterday) until now as I only posted seconds after you and then took off! Glad you are ok other than the sweater.

IT TOOK ME AN HOUR AND A HALF to get home last night when it normally takes 25-30 minutes. We had a hail/snow storm but the roads were only slushy so I don''t know why everyone had to be stupid driving home. Man that made me mad! lol

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 12:34:39 AM
Author: Bia

Date: 4/1/2009 11:40:21 PM
Author: somegirl932
oooohhhh NO NO NO!

DEAD MAN
29.gif

can you imagine???
23.gif
lol that would be just wrong!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
14.gif
Awwwww.....ICK! Good luck misskitty. I''ll be thinking of you today.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
so no april fools for me, but we had mix rain and snow yesterday....IN SEATTLE. apparently mother earth had a little joke for us
3.gif

In better news - i got E, mister i will never wear anything fashion forward and if you dont like my carharts and heavy metal t shirts then screw you.... INTO dress pants and a fashion forward shirt!!!!! seriously, i think next to defining where our relationship is headed, this is the biggest improvement in our relationship
36.gif

I wish i had a picture to show you ladies. Its a Perry Ellis button down dark blue shirt (with small cicle textures) with Calvin Klein black dress pants. Plus, it matches my CK dress :)
Thank goodness for formal events!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
14.gif
Yuck! Sorry about that, misskitty!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I''m back, and it wasn''t as terrible as I expected (although the left half of my face is still numb and chipmunk-y). Thanks, ladies
1.gif

Lots of dust, Snicklefritz!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi misskitty! Are you in a lot of pain or is it tolerable?

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Ok...I''ll do this all in one post!

LP - I''m glad you''re ok...at least the guy felt really bad about it and I''m happy that a stained sweater was the worst part about it. I love K''s response to your april fool''s joke. :)

DG - I hate when the weather is just a little bit under par and common sense driving goes out the window. I''ve come to understand though, that a bad driver is a bad driver regardless of the weather....and all of the bad drivers seem to be on the road at the same time when the weather isn''t great.
3.gif
I''m a total road rager.

misskitty - I haven''t had a root canal or my wisdom teeth out but it sounds like you''re doing well. :)

Snicklefritz - lots of dust to you!!!!!

As for me, nothing too new except for the fact that I did FIVE pullups last night at the gym and we''re checking out a gorgeous venue tonight.
9.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
We are going to get a HUGE snow storm this Saturday. So I hope to curl up and watch some good movies with FF. Maybe even light a fire...
4.gif
It''s so crazy because we haven''t had much snow here all winter and now that it''s April (and at the end of March there) we are getting snow. ha!
20.gif

I hope the venue looking goes well! Sounds like fun
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results