shape
carat
color
clarity

The antithesis of ideal cut diamonds

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I stumbled across these very rustic diamond studs on IG and thought they were the very antithesis of what most PSers would consider ideal, much less gem quality. I think they’re actually rather cute and the price isn’t crazy.

So tell me, would you ever consider these for your collection?

0EE8EC59-EC5B-4185-B6A5-BE9BB366867E.png

DD9E7310-7D4D-48D5-A2CC-B44A7335A0CD.png

4EA1C770-F561-4BCA-8FBF-9D6746BADABB.png

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure, i would just regard them more like fashion jewelry. I think they get a bad rap because some vendors present them as if they are on par with heirloom quality diamonds.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not consider buying these... the combo of wildly mismatched and weird-colored rough is just... very offputting to me. Like anyone who likes them, you do you. But meanwhile I’ll do me and not get them. At least that store has them priced reasonably (and a bunch of cute stuff that isn’t these) - sometimes I see things basically like this priced at $2k or so.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2k is not ok :/ also hate to see a "herkimer diamond" aka quartz presented as if it were a diamond or diamond substitute. o_O

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, but there are definitely some salt and pepper diamonds I've liked. Just not these ones.

Q

Queenie60

No - I prefer to save my money for good quality jewels. I'm sure that some like them and that's ok too. What every floats your boat.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure, i would just regard them more like fashion jewelry. I think they get a bad rap because some vendors present them as if they are on par with heirloom quality diamonds.
I think that’s fair. =)2

I would not consider buying these... the combo of wildly mismatched and weird-colored rough is just... very offputting to me. Like anyone who likes them, you do you. But meanwhile I’ll do me and not get them. At least that store has them priced reasonably (and a bunch of cute stuff that isn’t these) - sometimes I see things basically like this priced at $2k or so.
I could see how they might not be everyone’s cup
of tea.

2k is not ok :/ also hate to see a "herkimer diamond" aka quartz presented as if it were a diamond or diamond substitute. o_O
That is just shady!

No, but there are definitely some salt and pepper diamonds I've liked. Just not these ones.
Some of these are more pepper than salt. :lol:

No - I prefer to save my money for good quality jewels. I'm sure that some like them and that's ok too. What every floats your boat.
Truthfully, the thing that floats my boat is still en route and it’s not these. If I love it in person as much as I love the photos and videos I’ve gotten, I will be on a bling ban for the rest of this year.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the out of the box idea, but don't like the diamonds. In colored stones you can forgive inclusions if there is great color. The diamonds don't have great color and the inclusions IMHO make them look like rock salt. Now if they were cognac color with sparkle, I might think differently.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I love innovative design, but I don't find them attractive.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
No...They do look like rock salt...

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not for me...

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I think some context would help. If they were part of a ‘look’ that emphasizes elemental and organic roughness, like hemp and suede, charmeuse and kidskin - it brings to mind some of the older Donna Karan imagery. I think they would be a good match for the aesthetics in this old video:

Personally, I’d wear them if they were 10x bigger and layered with off-color pearls and white sea glass.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the out of the box idea, but don't like the diamonds. In colored stones you can forgive inclusions if there is great color. The diamonds don't have great color and the inclusions IMHO make them look like rock salt. Now if they were cognac color with sparkle, I might think differently.

Not for me, either, at any price.

I love innovative design, but I don't find them attractive.

No...They do look like rock salt...

Not for me...

I think it’s safe to say you’re all in good company! =)2

I think some context would help. If they were part of a ‘look’ that emphasizes elemental and organic roughness, like hemp and suede, charmeuse and kidskin - it brings to mind some of the older Donna Karan imagery. I think they would be a good match for the aesthetics in this old video:

Personally, I’d wear them if they were 10x bigger and layered with off-color pearls and white sea glass.

That sounds gorgeous!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I kinda like them.
Not as gems or jewelry but as art they are rather interesting.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I appreciate the artistry & uniqueness of these pieces; however, I would not be a buyer, at any price point (including ‘free’). It’s primarily a texture thing because I don’t care for anything ‘pokey’, scratchy & agitating contacting on my skin; it bugs the crap out of me ... kinda like an annoying tag on a piece of clothing.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
I would buy these if they were made from my my kids’ saved baby teeth . Wait, it looks like they are ;)2:lol:

Yes, my children ate lots of candy.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Baby teeth jewelry was a thing in Victorian times! They were to celebrate kids surviving infancy.
upload_2019-9-16_14-8-19.jpeg

Wow, who new! Although now that you mention it I’m remembering some crafty thing they made from hair during those times as well lol! Here’s an example below. I rather like that ring example you posted.=)2

My partner and I have agreed to turn the other into a diamond after cremation. It’s a thing.
F650195A-EF0B-456F-AEFC-FD618ECB2A00.jpeg

Attachments

• E6D6D1CB-B9F4-4430-A565-3415372D4461.jpeg
    E6D6D1CB-B9F4-4430-A565-3415372D4461.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 28

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, who new! Although now that you mention it I’m remembering some crafty thing they made from hair during those times as well lol! Here’s an example below. I rather like that ring example you posted.=)2

My partner and I have agreed to turn the other into a diamond after cremation. It’s a thing.
F650195A-EF0B-456F-AEFC-FD618ECB2A00.jpeg

That ring is certainly less disconcerting than this set of chompers!

necklace.jpg

I think the hair jewelry can be quite pretty but I don't know if I would wear it. I do like the idea of turning a loved one into a diamond though!

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock

necklace.jpg

I think the hair jewelry can be quite pretty but I don't know if I would wear it. I do like the idea of turning a loved one into a diamond though!

:mrgreen2::lol-2::lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

necklace.jpg

:eek2::-o:knockout:

Rose-gold-or-bust

Shiny_Rock
https://gembreakfast.com/ Has some interesting pieces made from less than ideal stones. I like their products more than the earrings in the main post here but much prefer eye clean and full of sparkle over rough and included.

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I am very drawn to rough diamonds, and to polished versions that have nothing to do with brilliance at all.

Then WWW ! (I need a new one)

These are very tempting WWW

Diamonds are beautiful first, then cut.

A guy's ring with a large tablet of polished diamond - gray & opaque like cement, but with that impossible polish only possible on the hardest rock, got me buying a second espresso not two weeks ago, as a pretext to sit within arm length of the ring! I keep thinking of it ,(

cettesaphir

Rough_Rock
I love the vendor who is selling these, I have a few pieces from them (mostly rings that are bezeled) and would love to get more! I like these earrings and briefly considered buying a pair, but the purchase wouldn't be with the intention of showing them off as diamond or thinking I got a great steal on diamond earrings, but rather as kinda quirky and different earrings...something neutral in color, but with some texture.

Reactions: AV_
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results